Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

Guest jicks

^Well, prepare to love her some more!! XD

It's no secret A Moment To Remember is my all-time favourite movie <3 & SYJ had a huge part to do w/ it. Don't forget to watch Summer Scent, too, she was absolutely gorgeous in that!

am back after a period uv disappearance haha.

mianeh fo' i keep leavin tis thread cuz uv mah job....

cherylnguyen, thankz fo' sharin de pix. haf not seen

most uv those...

fifiz, welcome to de thread!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Always smiling : Son Yejin's Interview

A recent interview of Son Yejin during her latest Cuckoo CM filming. Son Yejin was always smiling throughout the interview.

Son%20Ye%20Jin%20Cuckoo%202008.jpg

credit: Son Ye Jin's tracker

Guest jhing

Tracy!!! haha love your avatar and siggie. haha

I miss Ye Jin! Has anyone seen her last movie? Is Spotlight any good?

I might need to watch AMTR and Classic again. *sighs* Loved those 2 films of hers. Definitely 2 of the best and most romantic movies ever made.

She needs to do another romance movie with a guy I like. haha with Kwon Sang Woo, maybe? I think she'll look great with Sang Woo.

Guest jicks

is sonyejin OHUI spoke person noW?? it hought still kim ah joong
^As far as I know, both lovely ladies are still the face/s of OHUI-- I guess they both represent different different qualities of the OHUI woman XD

^I loved this shoot she did for Vogue Girl! It's one of my favourites, for some reason I just think she looked extra sassy in the photos... maybe it was the smokey make-up & tousled hair <3

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/5322/99959185dw8.jpg

^I like this pic, too! She's such a natural babe ;O

Guest nahiki_jodecist

hello... new son ye jin admirer here.. i watched the art of seduction and had a crush on her.. iono just wanted to join coz u guys were havin fun talking bout son ye jin that i wanted to join even if im really late...

hello to all ye jin lovers.. :wub::w00t:

Guest chatteraddict

wow...this thread is extremely silent,i thought once Spotlight starts posting will be non stop. Anyone here watching it? im a sucker to anything on the net so i have to wait for the dvd to come out, but i read the Spotlight thread once in a while, as far as i can see JJH fans are taking over! lol. anyhow, i know SYJ is extremely tired because of the Spotlight filming, i heard most of the cast doesnt go home 3-4 days straight, any news if the filming of My Wife got Married is finished yet? If not, geez that does mean she doesnt sleep at all these past few weeks? We have to give our gal credits for her dedication and working so so so hard....

Oh yeah, anyone here watching Dae Mang (Great Ambition) in Arirang, its weekdays every 8:30pm, replays at 11:30pm and 10:30am, our gal is there, she's so young, the drama was filmed just before The Classic, she looks exactly the same!! She plays a merchants daughter (Dong Hee) and she disguises as a man. she's so cute! cant help but laugh.

Guest legalize_it

wow...this thread is extremely silent,i thought once Spotlight starts posting will be non stop. Anyone here watching it? im a sucker to anything on the net so i have to wait for the dvd to come out, but i read the Spotlight thread once in a while, as far as i can see JJH fans are taking over! lol. anyhow, i know SYJ is extremely tired because of the Spotlight filming, i heard most of the cast doesnt go home 3-4 days straight, any news if the filming of My Wife got Married is finished yet? If not, geez that does mean she doesnt sleep at all these past few weeks? We have to give our gal credits for her dedication and working so so so hard....

Oh yeah, anyone here watching Dae Mang (Great Ambition) in Arirang, its weekdays every 8:30pm, replays at 11:30pm and 10:30am, our gal is there, she's so young, the drama was filmed just before The Classic, she looks exactly the same!! She plays a merchants daughter (Dong Hee) and she disguises as a man. she's so cute! cant help but laugh.

I just started to watch Spotlight and it's really good our SYJ is awesome as always.. :)

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: MBC Global Media 2008-07-02(17:07)

Spotlight (writer Lee Ki-won, director Kim Do-hoon) premiered on May 14, 2008.

article.gif

The MBC TV miniseries Spotlight (writer Lee Ki-won, director Kim Do-hoon) premiered on May 14, 2008. Spotlight is a TV series that depicts the fictional lives of TV news reporters. After starring in “Alone in Love,” Sohn Ye-jin returns in two years to play a leading role in Spotlight where she portrays a passionate TV news reporter, who also risks her life to interview a fugitive.

▶ Could you tell us about the character you play?

▷ My character is a TV news reporter in the current affairs bureau. I meet a lot of reporters in my acting career but I’m not familiar with reports from the current affairs bureau. I am very impressed with the professionalism of journalists who work tirelessly to report the truth about issues as a public service. The reporter I play wasn’t born with a natural talent but she is fiercely determined and grows professionally to become an anchorwoman. She will inspire many people. It’s a show where you can see the professional lives of reporters.

▶ The role you play is quite different from your previous roles. So why did you accept it?

▷ I read the synopsis and the powerful female character was very appealing to me. Like a diamond in the rough, she gradually grows into a truly professional reporter. That was what impressed me. Another factor was that she succeeds through hard work instead of using her sex appeal.

▶ While portraying a reporter, has your view on journalists changed a bit?

▷ I was always curious to know why reporters were so driven. There’s one scene where my character interviews families of several victims and I started to cry along with them when I shouldn’t have. Reporters might feel sad about an incident and the people involved in it but they have to remain impassionate in order to convey the news. So I think it takes a lot of self-control to accomplish that.

▶ Are you similar to your character in any way?

▷ She’s a very determined woman who’ll even disguise herself to get a scoop and I’m also a bit like that. Of course I can’t play myself in the role but there are many woman who are hardworking and determined like her.

▶ What’s your view of reporters and what would you like to change about the way news is reported?

▷ I think reporters would be in a dilemma when they’re trying to cover a news story about families of victims. What would I like to change about news reporting? I’d like them to write favorable articles about me (smile). Yet, I know that it’s impossible to only get glowing reviews. Sometimes, a critical article about me can help in some ways. But I get bothered when I read a negative article written about me that clearly shows a certain bias on the part of the reporter. I’ll work harder as an actress so any helpful comments are always welcome.

▶ What do you think is the main appeal of Spotlight?

▷ Many of the episodes have been inspired by actual events and social issues are a key theme in the drama. You’ll also see how reporters cover a news story and what they will do to get better news footage. Scenes like that will be interesting to watch.

▶ You’re up against some heavy competition in your primetime slot... Any comments?

▷ That’s heaven’s will (smiles). It’s great when a show I appear in gets high ratings. A lot of people are involved in creating a TV miniseries. So I feel like I owe it to them to get higher ratings but sometimes things don’t work out the way you expect them to. But I’d still be satisfied if our core audience were inspired by certain stories in our show. I think that’s what dramas need to do for viewers.

Executive producer: Oh Gyeong-hoon

Writer: Lee Ki-won

Director: Kim Do-hoon

Interviewer: Park Soon-gyu

PR: Kim So-jung

Guest legalize_it

5 yeras... this was the 1st drama with Son Ye Jin I watched... but I watched it only half an year ago :)

I'm not sure but these pics may be from the event of Pocari

I saved them for two weeks and didn't have chance to post

011ug1.jpg

014rj2.jpg

026cq9.jpg

ssa51813ko0.jpg

ssa51821rf3.jpg

ssa51828be6.jpg

ssa51841te2.jpg

12148727163581vb9.jpg

img9696kwounkkmi7.jpg

img9697kwounkkkaz4.jpg

yiyijinsim02sa12434zx7.jpg

yiyijinsim03sa12434cg6.jpg

yiyijinsim04sa12434hk5.jpg

yiyijinsim05sa12434mu0.jpg

Random pics (the first two probably from April Snow)

73281935vv6.jpg

58952474ow7.jpg

39304364yl4.jpg

06uz1.jpg

dddddz9.jpg

63bo0.jpg

99241669tf2.jpg

My Wife Got Married (waiting for this movie to come out)

tv20080423hdx2641280x72zb1.jpg

tv20080423hdx2641280x72qq7.jpg

tv20080423hdx2641280x72ba4.jpg

tv20080423hdx2641280x72bf6.jpg

tv20080423hdx2641280x72me8.jpg

Credit to DC inside

Guest legalize_it

cherylnguyen 10x for the pictures :)

p.s from which show are these pictures with barcelona football t-shirt...

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: HanCinema

Via: Hankooki 2008/07/15 07:58:29

Kim Ji-soo and Son Ye-jin return to the theaters!

sengjae200807150758260.jpg

sengjae200807150758261.jpg

Kim Ji-soo will be challenging herself to a movie after the "Woman of the Sun" is over.

Son Ye-jin will also be returning to the screens with "My Wife Is Married".

The two actresses have acted as announcers and reporters in their dramas recently.

Before "Woman of the Sun" Kim Ji-soo has filmed in "Romance", "This Charming Girl", "Trace of Love", and more. She admitted that she received a movie synopsis and is deciding to go for this piece as a woman with an illness.

Son Ye-jin, on the other hand, is finishing up finished "Spotlight" and will be coming to the theaters with "My Wife Is Married" right after. She is coupled with Kim Joo-hyeok as a kind and shy housewife. The movie is almost done filming! So lookout for the new film!