Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

Guest cjgohan2003

Son Ye Jin is one of my favorite korean actresses. She should be the epitome of what modern artists should strive for. While most rely soley on their looks to pass themselves by, SYJ manages to craete a balance between art and commercial, introducing a vast variety of fans from both spectrums. LOVE LOVE LOVE her (especially after Alone in Love).

Guest kdramafanusa

New Spotlight pics with SYJ & Ji Jin-hee. :)

spotlight_080415_2.jpgspotlight_080415_1.jpg

spotlight_080415_3.jpg

from http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/spotlight/photo/

Son Ye Jin is one of my favorite korean actresses. She should be the epitome of what modern artists should strive for. While most rely soley on their looks to pass themselves by, SYJ manages to craete a balance between art and commercial, introducing a vast variety of fans from both spectrums. LOVE LOVE LOVE her (especially after Alone in Love).

Hi Cigohan2003, welcome to our SYJ thread. Well said!

and keepin tis thread alive!

Hi Quteacho, I'm not Korean.

I've been busy lately so I haven't done much for us.

Articles said that she will sometimes appear without 'makeup' in Spotlight (to depict the busy/hectic schedule of reporters).

It's said that she's willing to let go of her 'beautiful image' (viewers have of her) to emerge into this role.

I didn't know that they are good friends. Any other celeb friends?

gee thankz helena for de piccies!!

haf yer own copy uv Open City oredy?

Hi Quteacho, I'm not Korean.

I've been busy lately so I haven't done much for us.

Articles said that she will sometimes appear without 'makeup' in Spotlight (to depict the busy/hectic schedule of reporters).

It's said that she's willing to let go of her 'beautiful image' (viewers have of her) to emerge into this role.

I didn't know that they are good friends. Any other celeb friends?

HaNeul previously was from Yejin's management comp, Barunson.

(now she'z bein managed by Yedang). our dearest

is next close to her leading men... esp Cha Tae Hyun (Lover's Concerto, Crazy first Love)

and Jung WooSung (A Moment To Remember).

00603177_2.jpg

Original in Korea: Dong A Ilbo 23/06/2005

Translated into Chinese: Rena / www.sonyejin.org

Translated into English: Happiebb / www.joonsfamily.com

Interview with Son Yejin

Son Yejin talked about the actors she had acted with so far:

Lover’s Concerto (2002), Crazy First Love (2003)

Cha Tae-hyun (29)

Tae-hyun oppa is very cheerful and he’s a talented actor.

The Classic (2003)

Jo In Sung (25) & Jo Seung Woo (24)

Although Jo In Sung-ssi is not old in terms of age, somehow he gives me the feeling he’s as friendly and comfortable like an uncle.

Jo Seung Woo-ssi is quite like me in terms of character, we’re both not as approachable or warm. Although he looks very cold and distant, he’s surprisingly manly.

A Moment to Remember (2004)

Jung Woo Sung (32)

Jung Woo Sung sumbae is a very warm person and he takes very good care of the people around him.

Going Out (April Snow) (2005)

Bae Yong Joon (33)

As an actor, Bae Yong Joon sumbae takes his work very seriously. And as a person, he is very matured. On one hand, he’s very considerate and pays attention to details; yet on the other hand, he has a very strong and masculine side.[/

A5031138-8.jpg

in de pic, YJ won de Best Actress Award from April Snow in Taiwan movie festival.

onnie was not around so JWS took de trophy on her behalf.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wisey, our thread master is back?!

his avie has juz been modified. he gotta jump @ tis

thread he created to again update us even MORE. =)

Guest kdramafanusa

haf yer own copy uv Open City oredy?

Hi Quteacho, my Open City DVD is not here yet; YESASIA orders usually take at least a week to get to me.

Thanks for sharing these goodies with us. :)

Did she talk about SSH?

Guest jicks

^^I remember reading that interview a while ago & thought her comments on her male co-stars were pretty insightful.

I think SYJ & SSH did make a v. pretty couple in Summer Scent but I have to sayI still love her coupled up w/ Jung Woo Sung the most XD Still can't shake off the chemistry & just how beautifully photogenic the 2 were in A Moment To Remember <3

And, oooOohhh!!! New Spotlight pics, thanks kdramafanusa!! Ye Jin is looking healthy & well.

^^Yeah it must suck to go all natural & not wear any make-up but still manage to look so much better looking than the bulk of the population lol

But seriously, it is pretty great of her to not worry about having to look all glam & just really get completely absorbed into her character. Can't wait to see the series =)

Guest kdramafanusa

u can watch de vid uv Song Seung Hun on Son Ye Jin here

Quteacho, thanks for sharing. I can't see anything, is it just me?

I remember reading interviews (around Summer Scent days) where reporters asked SSH about his ideal type, his response was someone who's shy, feminine, and quiet (someone who doesn't talk too much). He added that someone who's overly talkable/hyper is okay to be friends with, but he cannot handle it as a partner. Then the reporters pointed out that SYJ seems to match the descriptions, he said something like he didn't want to bring his feelings in the drama to real life. He mentioned that SYJ's eyes are attractive.

I think SYJ & SSH did make a v. pretty couple in Summer Scent but I have to sayI still love her coupled up w/ Jung Woo Sung the most XD Still can't shake off the chemistry & just how beautifully photogenic the 2 were in A Moment To Remember <3

But seriously, it is pretty great of her to not worry about having to look all glam & just really get completely absorbed into her character. Can't wait to see the series =)

Hi Jicks, A Moment To Remember is possibly her most popular movie among fans. :)

As for Spotlight, it's said that the PD asked her about going makeup-free & she agreed without hestitation.

---

EDIT: I d/l-ed the file, I'm able to see it now. I love it, thanks Quteacho. :)

Guest kdramafanusa

Original Korean Article: Sportsseoul 08/04/11 13:30

English Translation Credit: HanCinema

Big 4 Actresses, Television U-Turn 'War of the Stars'

20084111342_868426937_2597_0.jpg

The comebacks of four top actresses are drawing attention. The actresses include Kim Ji-soo, Son Ye-jin, Kim Seon-ah, and Kim Hee-seon.

Their breaks have been at least two years and at most three years. Kim Ji-soo and Son Ye-jin have focused on movies, and Kim Hee-seon and Kim Seon-ah have been taking breaks while searching for a comeback project.

Kim Ji-soo is coming back in May with KBS drama "Woman of the Sun". It's been three years since MBC drama "Age of Hero" in 2005.

Kim Ji-soo plays Shin Do-young, an announcer who holds a secret of her birth. She has the looks, knowledge, and skill, but always feels burdened by the secret of her birth.

Son Ye-jin's comeback work is MBC drama "Spotlight", which will start in May. It has been two years since SBS drama "Alone in Love".

Son Ye-jin plays Seo Woo-jin, who begins as a reporter and moves up to become an anchor. This drama will be playing at the same time as Kim Ji-soo's drama "Woman of the Sun", and a competition is inevitable.

Kim Seon-ah, who has been struggling with bad rumors, was cast as the main female role for "When It's At Night",the drama after "Lee San". It's been three years since her popular drama "My Name is Kim Sam-soon".

Kim Seon-ah plays Cho-hee, who works at the security department for cultural artifacts. The male character is played by Lee Dong-geon, who recently lost his brother to an attack. After acting with Hyeon Bin, she will be acting once again with a younger man.

Kim Hee-seon is also planning to come back from resting after marrying Park Joo-young, the second son of RakSan Group, last October. It is a drama hoping to air in the first half of the year.

It's been two years since her SBS drama "Smile Again". After her marriage, there were rumors about her retiring, and fans couldn't hide their gladness at the news of her comeback.

Guest jehutyz

Finally watched Open City.

Great movie. It might be a bit boring as the story goes pretty slow. But it is meaningful. I would said is a sad story. So touch.

Proud of SYJ. In this movie her character is totally different with her previous movie cast. No longer sad girl, no longer a charming and funny girl. This time is a serious girl.

SYJ ROX!!!!!

Has anyone noticed that Ye Jin just made the "Most Wanted Actress" on HanCinema.net? I'm so excited for her, it seems like she's getting more attention. She may just be the next big thing, above Song Hye Gyo, Kim Tae Hee, and Yoon Eun Hye.

Great movie. It might be a bit boring as the story goes pretty slow. But it is meaningful. I would said is a sad story. So touch.

Proud of SYJ. In this movie her character is totally different with her previous movie cast. No longer sad girl, no longer a charming and funny girl. This time is a serious girl.

SYJ ROX!!!!!

jehutyz hi! i also applaused Yejin fo' her acting and making movies/dramas

different from her previous ones...

her choice uv which projects to act-in is great!

cun really wait to watch Open City... hope u can share ur reviews 'bout de movie enough.

Has anyone noticed that Ye Jin just made the "Most Wanted Actress" on HanCinema.net? I'm so excited for her, it seems like she's getting more attention. She may just be the next big thing, above Song Hye Gyo, Kim Tae Hee, and Yoon Eun Hye.

wow thankz fo' lettin us know azndgn26!

yep! suddenly a lot more peeps haf recognized Son YeJin as an actress...

am so proud uv her!!!!! ^____^

Guest kdramafanusa

Hi Azndgn26, favorite stars of young people rank high at HanCinema site; they don't represent the true standings of the stars. :)

To be honest, SYJ is already a very big actress. She's a bigger name than KTH & YEH for sure in TV & Movie, plus her movies outsell all of the actresses listed above. In Movie, she's been ranked very high on Pulling List (stars who attract fans to the theatres) for the past few years. I will repost the lists. In TV, she remains the highest paid actress.

This is the most recent list released in November 2006....

CHOSUN Nov.17,2006 10:13 KST

Which Korean Stars Have the Greatest Pulling Power?

Who is the actor in Chungmuro today who can mobilize the greatest number of fans? And just how many tickets can be sold on the basis of that actor’s name alone? We asked a group of 12 producers and PR execs that know actors’ commercial value best who in Korea can “open” a movie and ranked the top 20 according to the result. It is the fourth survey of its kind and covers any actor who starred in at least one major film.

http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/new...0611170016.html

*** ACTRESSES ***

RANK (2006) / ACTRESS / OPENING POWER (NUMBER OF VIEWERS) / 2005 RANKING

1. Lee Young-ae 이영애 / 910,000 / 3

2. Jeon Do-yeon 전도연 / 850,000 / 6

3. Jeon Ji-hyeon 전지현 / 790,000 / 2

4. Moon Geun-young 문근영 / 770,000 / 1

5. Son Ye-jin 손예진 / 730,000 / 7

6. Kim Seon-ah 김선아 / 680,000 / 4

7. Lee Na-young 이나영 / 600,000 / 15

8. Im Soo-jeong 임수정 / 570,000 / 10

9. Eom Jeong-hwa 엄정화 / 550,000 / 12

10. Ha Ji-won 하지원 / 550,000 / 11

11. Kim Hye-soo 김혜수 / 540,000 / -

12. Jang Jin-yeong 장진영 / 470,000 / 8

13. Kim Soo-mi 김수미 / 470,000 / -

14. Song Hye-kyo 송혜교 / 450,000 / -

15. Soo Ae 수애 / 440,000 / 9

16. Kim Ha-neul 김하늘 / 420,000 / 17

17. Moon So-ri 문소리 / 370,000 / 13

18. Kang Hye-jeong 강혜정 / 350,000 / 5

19. Choi Kang-hee 최강희 / 350,000 / -

20. Ko Hyeon-jeong 고현정 / 330,000 / -

200611170023_02.jpg

Source: Chosun

SYJ was also in the Top 10 for 2003 or 2004 (can't remember the exact date), I will look for that ranking.

----------------------

This is the what I have down as the Highest Paid TV Stars.

* HIGHEST PAID TV STARS *

RANK / STAR / FEE PER EPISODE (Won)

1. Bae Yong-joon [Legend] - 200 million (this fee already includes overseas earnings rights)

2. Kwon Sang-woo [bad Love] - 100 million (this fee already includes stock)

3. Song Seung-heon [East Of Eden] - 70 million (this fee doesn't include bonus/stock yet, still in negotiation)

4. Park Shin-yang [War Of Money] - 50 million

4. Son Ye-jin [Alone In Love] - 50 million (2 years ago)

http://sports.hankooki.com/lpage/entv/2006...16240558390.htm

6. Lee Jeong-jae [Air City] - 45 million

7. Choi Ji-woo [Air City] - 40 million

8. Ko Hyeon-jeong [H.I.T.] - 35 million

Source: ISPLUS & Hankooki

Currency Convertor

1 United States Dollar (USD) = 947 Korean Won (KRW)

Highest Paid Movie & Tv Stars (2008.02.25) thread

Eric gets 30 million Won per episode for his upcoming sageuk.

http://news.hankooki.com/lpage/sports/2008...07145897630.htm

For comparison, Yoon Eun-hye gets 20 million Won per episode.

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/art/2.../201_11884.html

Originally Posted by CindyW88@soompi

1/6/06 – The representative of Son Yeh Jin’s agency “Barunson Entertainment (바른손엔터테인먼트)” reveals that SYJ will be paid 50 million Won per episode (basic guarantee + extra) to lead the 16-episodes drama “Period of Love (연애시대)” scheduled to be aired by SBS in March of 2006. This is the highest reward ever offered to an entertainer performing in TV drama. So far, Kim Hyun Joo was offered 20 million Won per episode to lead the drama “Miss Kim’s One Million Dollar Project”; Kim Hee Sun and Kwon Sang Woo also received 20 million Won per episode to lead “Sad Sonata”; Go Hyun Jung was paid 18 million Won per episode to lead “Spring Day”; Song Hye Gyo and Lee Yo Won were each paid 15 million Won per episode to lead “Full House” and “Fashion 70’s” respectively.

Source: http://sports.hankooki.com/lpage/entv/2006...16240558390.htm

Credit: CindyW88@soompi

Guest kdramafanusa

SYJ ROX!!!!!

Hi Jehutyz, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. =)

Guest kdramafanusa

kdramafanusa - Thanks for sharing all of this information. You're so on-top of things, I feel like you're her manager LOL.

Her manager? Nah. :lol:

I happen to have those lists on my computer. :)

Guest kdrama07

I've just watched Summer Scents and love SYJ. She's so beautiful and and love her in this drama. I've watched her in April Snow before. But after watching Summer Scents, I've looked her up and was surprise knowing that she's in April Snow. She looks older and may be gain some weight in April Snow?

Guest kdramafanusa

I've just watched Summer Scents and love SYJ. She's so beautiful and and love her in this drama. I've watched her in April Snow before. But after watching Summer Scents, I've looked her up and was surprise knowing that she's in April Snow. She looks older and may be gain some weight in April Snow?

Hi Kdrama07, welcome to our SYJ thread. :)

She played a very different role in April Snow, she did look more matured.

If you have a chance, check out her movies such as "A Moment To Remember", "The Classic", "The Art Of Seduction"; these titles are very popular among fans.

Her drama "Alone In Love" is also very popular among fans, but some might find it boring though. Her acting's considered the best there.

Guest kdramafanusa

[스페셜리포트] ‘백상예술대상’ 질적으로 성숙해진 1990년 [JES]

htm_200804201927000107000001070100-001.jpg

▶1990년대(26~35회)

90년대는 대중문화가 양적, 질적으로 성숙해진 시기였다. 다양한 소재의 작품이 늘었고, 배우들도 그에 비례했다. KBS '사랑이 꽃피는 나무'가 26회 대상작으로 선정됐고, 임현식·고두심이 '한지붕세가족' '사랑의 굴레'로 각각 연기상을 수상했다.

'우묵배미의 사랑'의 박중훈, '불의 나라'의 장미희가 영화부문 연기상을 받기도 했다. '행복은 성적순이 아니잖아요'의 이미연이 신인상을 받으며 등장한 것도 이 즈음이었다.

htm_200804201927000107000001070100-002.jpg

MBC '여명의 눈동자'는 92년 대상과 작품상을 휩쓸었고, 최재성·채시라는 이 드라마로 연기상을 받았다. 고현정이 KBS '대추나무 사랑걸렸네'로 신인상을 받은 것도 28회였다. '사랑이 뭐길래'의 대발이 최민수는 인기상을 받았다. 김희애는 MBC '아들과 딸'로 29회 대상 수상자였다.

30회는 MBC '엄마의 바다'의 해였다. 대상, 작품상, 연기상(정혜선), 연출상(박철 PD), 극본상(김정수) 등 5개 부문을 석권했다. 당시 드라마 왕국으로 불린 MBC는 '마지막 승부'를 통해 장동건·심은하를 배출했고, 백상은 이들에게 신인상을 안기며 격려했다. 영화는 '투캅스'의 전성시대였다. 안성기의 대상 수상을 비롯해 '투캅스'는 작품상, 연기상, 감독상 등을 휩쓸었다.

31회 시상식을 장식한 '모래시계'는 SBS가 내놓은 첫 성공작이었다. '귀가시계'로 불린 이 드라마는 대상과 작품상, 연기상(최민수) 연출상(김종학 PD), 극본상(송지나), 신인연기상(이정재) 등을 모두 석권하는 기염을 토했다. 이정재는 같은 해 '젊은 남자'로 영화부문 신인상까지 받았다.

htm_200804201927000107000001070100-003.jpg

▶2000년대(36~)

MBC '국희'와 '춘향뎐'이 대상을 수상한 36회에 이어 37회 시상식에선 KBS '가을동화'의 원빈, MBC '비밀'의 하지원이 신인상을 받으며 주목받기 시작했다.

38회에선 '겨울연가' 윤석호 PD가 TV부문 연출상을 수상했고, 유동근·전인화 부부가 '명성황후' '여인천하'로 남녀 최우수연기상을 받았다. 39회 때는 SBS '올인'과 '집으로'가 TV와 영화부문 대상 수상작이었다. 강호동이 예능상을 거머쥐면서 가능성을 인정받기 시작했고, 영화 '오아시스'가 작품상과 감독상을 낳았다.

김희애는 40회 시상식에서 또한번 대미를 장식했다. 드라마 '완전한 사랑'을 통해서다. 이병훈 PD가 '대장금'으로 연출상을 수상했고, '발리에서 생긴일'의 조인성·하지원이 최우수연기상을 차지했다.

42회는 대상 수상작 MBC '내 이름은 김삼순'과 '왕의 남자'의 해였다. SBS '프라하의 연인' 김주혁과 KBS '장밋빛 인생' 최진실이 TV부문 최우수연기상을 받았으며, '달콤한 인생' '친절한 금자씨'의 이병헌·이영애가 영화부문 최우수연기상을 안았다.

작년 백상 무대를 달군 작품은 MBC '주몽'과 영화 '타짜'였다. MBC '하얀거탑'의 안판석 PD가 연출상을 받았고, 김명민·손예진이 TV부문 최우수연기상을 수상했다.

김범석 기자 [kbs@joongang.co.kr]

http://article.joins.com/article/article.a...otal_id=3117927