Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

Prenatal with cooking? Son Ye-jin, this time, the cleanliness itself, the newlyweds' table, is unveiled! (feat. Hyunbin Spoon)

Choose from a variety of menus from Korean to Western.

743-DE310-0-C2-A-4-E5-F-8-E9-A-68849-FF2

Son Ye-jin, who recently showed off her unexpected cooking skills. It was a topic of discussion not only for its clean appearance, but also for its enormous amount. Among them, there was a dish that suddenly caused netizens to argue about whether it was yukgaejang or Gyeongsang-style beef stew. It was the first time he published a photo full of life after announcing his marriage and pregnancy, so the dishes he made drew more and more people's attention. 

Son Ye-jin shared a picture of her newlywed dinner table with Hyun Bin this time. On the 17th, he posted on Instagram on the 17th, "Are you all having a good Sunday evening? Tomorrow is the start of the week again. I liked the pictures of the food so much, so I worked hard to make it and took pictures. I'm very proud." 

202207180454060310_1_20220718051002822.jpg?type=w430

The photos show a variety of menus made by Son Ye-jin, from Korean to Western food. Shabu-shabu, pasta and salad, tofu kimchi stew and wan-ja-jeon, as well as side dishes that are casually served on a pretty plate are food that you can take pictures with.  

What caught my eye more than the food was the two sets of cutlery on the table. Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin's happy married life can be seen in this neat table setting. 

Son Ye-jin's acquaintances who saw her newlywed dinner also commented with delight. Lee Min-jung wrote, "Oh, it's cute," Song Yoon-a said, "Teacher, teacher", and Lee Jung-hyun said, "Wow, Ye-jin-ah, it looks so delicious." Among them, photographer Lim Hyo-sun praised Son Ye-jin's photography skills, saying, "The neat outfit is amazing, but the angle is also neat. My job may be in jeopardy." 

SOURCE

Son Ye-jin's home-cooked meal 2! What foods are good for morning sickness?

[Allure]
Son Ye-jin, who looks very happy after announcing the news of her pregnancy following her sweet newlywed life. She drew a lot of attention when she released a photo of her first cooking, and a few days ago, she uploaded the second batch of home-cooked meals, leading to a hot reaction.

3638-D5-A7-7-E93-4172-B6-FA-0-F7-DDDCD82

Yejin Hand Class with Korean food! By the way… It is said that when you are pregnant, just smelling food makes you nauseated.  Does sister have morning sickness?

It is known that morning sickness is caused by the complex action of gonadotropin, which increases during the first 3 months of pregnancy, and various physical changes in the body. If you smell food or fishy smell, you may feel nauseous, vomit, or lose your appetite. In severe cases, you may experience shortness of breath or a headache. On average, these symptoms last from around 4 weeks of pregnancy to about 12 weeks, and then subside naturally after 15 weeks.

The first way to reduce morning sickness is to eat small and frequent meals. It is best to eat small portions when you have an appetite and eat foods that are pulling you. In addition, fresh foods with a sour taste, such as fruit juice or salad, help relieve morning sickness. The sour taste of vinegar and lemon relieves fatigue, and cold food does not need to be heated, so it does not smell. It is also a good way to eat water, milk, fruits, and vegetables that contain moisture frequently, and drink tangerine peel tea, bamboo salt tea, ginger tea, honey tea, or sour lemon tea or omija tea.

• Like 1

Son Yejin liked and commented on her bestie Song Yoona IG post

”ㅎㅎㅎ Hey sisters, I miss to see you guys” ~ Son Yejin 2022/07/18 

'Hyun Bin♥' Son Ye-jin, fell in love with making home-cooked food... Song Yoona SNS comment posting 

137129-F1-2428-4328-9023-93-B4-EA572723.

While actress Song Yoon-ah shared her daily life, Son Ye-jin showed affection. 

Song Yoon-ah posted two photos on her Instagram on the 18th with the caption, "The same space, the same person for the first time in 3 years. 

In her published photos, Song Yoon-ah is posing with her finger heart with her acquaintances. She stands out with the aura of Song Yoon-ah wearing sunglasses. 

Uhm Ji-won, who saw this, commented, "Oh, people are the same. They are frozen older sisters." Son Ye-jin also said, "The older sisters I miss." 

Meanwhile, Son Ye-jin married actress Hyun Bin in March of this year, and was congratulated for her recent pregnancy. 

SOURCE

Hyun Bin ♥ Son Ye-jin, I thought it was a princess, so I was a 'scammer' 9-tier chef → Shabu-shabu is also a hand chef

2022.07.18. 4:34 pm

F871-F44-C-61-DA-459-C-82-BE-6-D1-E8-BC4

[Reporter Park Hyo-sil | Sports Seoul]
Actress Son Ye-jin, who is enjoying her honeymoon, is admiring her with her extraordinary cooking skills. 

Son Ye-jin, who got married to her fellow actor Hyun-bin in March, was doubled over as she shared the news of her recent pregnancy. 

Her dearest pregnant woman, her recent obsession with cooking is cooking. Son Ye-jin, who recently drew a lot of attention with photos of various home-cooked meals, such as yukgaejang, simmered yangmi-ri, and kimbap, released the 2nd photo of her cooking. 

Son Ye-jin posted on her personal SNS on the 17th, "Are you all having a good Sunday evening? Tomorrow is the start of another week. I liked the food photos so much last time, so I worked hard to make them and take pictures. I am very proud,” she said, posting a picture of a dining table-like table. 

In the photo, various styles of food such as kimchi stew, steamed egg, and water kimchi, shabu-shabu, vongole pasta, and sandwiches, appeared and made people's eyes widen. 

It was hard work to cook delicious home-cooked meals with her husband Hyun Bin every day, but his skills were not normal. His writings were well received by fellow actors. 

Lee Jung-hyun admired, "Wow~~ Yejin-ah, it must be so delicious", and Lee Min-jung responded by saying, "Oh, it's cute lol". Her married senior, Song Yoon-ah, praised her, saying, “Teach me, teacher.” 

Fans also responded by saying, “You look so delicious,” “Do a cooking blog,” and “Be healthy and happy with Hyun Bin oppa.” Son Ye-jin's post received more than 900,000 likes. 

On the other hand, Son Ye-jin is enjoying a happy newlywed marriage for 4 months after finishing JTBC's 'Thirty-Nine' in March.

Hyun Bin, who appeared together in tvN's 'Crash Landing on You (2019)', and Hyun Bin became a hot topic when it became known that they were dating on January 1, 2021, and their wedding ceremony was held in March. 

SOURCE

Spoiler

'Hyun Bin ♥️' Son Ye-jin reveals her busy life with her dog after pregnancy

22 JULY, 2022

78-AC15-BF-8937-4-FAB-A459-5077-F829561-

Actress Son Ye -jin, who was married to Hyun Bin for a hundred years, released a surprise recent situation during pregnancy.

On the 20th, Son Hye-jin posted a picture on her Instagram along with the caption, “I recently filmed a commercial with Kitty (a dog).”

In the published photo, Son Ye-jin was posing with a dog and was working on a padding advertisement shoot.

At the time of filming, Son Ye-jin, who gained a little weight, was captured and caught the attention of netizens

To this, netizens showed various reactions such as “How much money did Kitty get?”, “So cute”, and “Your sister is so pretty”.

Son Ye-jin is well known for cherishing her dog enough to bring her to her wedding with Hyun Bin.

33-AB3-C7-A-0-F09-4-AFF-B274-832230-E23-

In addition, she showed special affection by posting pictures of him spending time with his dog on social media at the filming site.

Son Ye-jin and Hyun Bin got married on March 31, receiving congratulations from many people, and went on a 17-day honeymoon trip to the United States in April.

They first worked together in the movie 'Negotiation' and started dating in earnest after the drama 'Crash Landing on You'.

Son Ye-jin and Hyun-bin said that they were able to develop into lovers through their common hobby, golf .

In particular, KBS2's 'Year-round Live' said, "Hyun Bin taught Son Ye-jin to play golf and went out as a coach.  Son Ye-jin also said in an interview in the past, "I started playing golf three years ago and it was so much fun."

Son Ye-jin and Hyun-bin, who enjoyed golf even during their honeymoon, announced their pregnancy to the public three months after they got married.

SOURCE

• Like 1

Indonesia singer Ayu Ting Ting congratulatory gifts for Son Yejin and Hyun Bin

Spoiler

58-DE291-C-2790-4-CC8-81-CE-8-D7-FEFC54-

CBCAE190-E5-B9-4614-ADB0-94-DAA50-C3648.

Lee Jung-jae, Hyun Bin, Son Ye-jin, captured the African continent

2022.07.18. 5:48 PM
0004992926_001_20220718174804254.jpg?type=w430

A K-drama that captivated even Africa. photo ㅣ Netflix

K-drama has emerged as a hip content all over the world via OTT (online video service). K-dramas have now captivated the African continent beyond Asia and Europe. 

Last year, while global OTT Netflix launched a new market by providing free services in Kenya, Africa, Le Monde, a powerful French magazine, recently reported that the African continent did not escape the K-drama craze. 

In November of last year, a dance video with the motif of the 'squid game' was uploaded to the YouTube channel 'Masaka Kids Afrikana' and attracted great attention.

According to the Korea Creative Content Agency, in countries including Cameroon, Nigeria, Cote d'Ivoire, and Congo, the play 'Mugunghwa Flower', a play in the 'Squid Game', quickly gained popularity through YouTube and TikTok. 

'Crash Landing on You' starring Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin, who are now married, has also been released through Netflix and is loved as a local hit. These works recorded 5 or more higher ratings than other Netflix content in South Africa, proving the growth of K-dramas regardless of location. 

“It is not surprising that the Korean drama craze has expanded to Africa,” said Ophelie Shirkup, a reporter for KSociety, a magazine specializing in Hallyu. Storytelling and visual elements act as a credit for exports.” 

He also explained, “Popular dramas are the backbone of Korean dramas, and they are gaining high popularity in African countries, where telenovelas and feature-length soap operas are very popular.” 

Unfortunately, the popularity of K-dramas is still limited to the privileged class. In Africa, where the gap between rich and poor is huge, Korean dramas on major TV channels are limited and access to Netflix is low. Racism is also a subject of criticism. 

Matthew Verbeguer, an expert on Korean pop culture, said, “It is a phenomenon that Korean dramas are in the early stages of entering the African market.

Meanwhile, according to data released by the Korea Creative Content Agency in December 2020, as a result of a survey on Korean format export performance targeting 9 major domestic broadcasters, 102 domestic broadcast formats achieved 204 exports to 65 countries in the past 10 years. done. 

After 2016, the proportion of North America and Europe, such as the US, UK, and France, which were almost barren, increased to 34%.

SOURCE

• Like 1

[NEW CF] Son Yejin for NutriVille Indonesia Collagen drink brand ambassador coming (@Helena)

"Hello bestie, get a free trip to Korea, who doesn’t want it?  You can also meet and greet  with a famous kdrama actress that has become Nutriville's brand ambassador, can you guess who this beautiful eonni  (언니)is?" ~ NutriVille Indonesia

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CgJmDEEl9oX/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Spoiler

53333303-6-CED-454-B-84-D6-3-D191-C43-A7

1-ED9-F795-C05-D-40-D1-B059-A2-A14-BCD38

474-B5-D92-F3-D7-41-DC-B593-1-DCED0-C215

AA112-D8-F-10-B1-46-A2-8-F8-D-CB66-A1-C1
ctto pinkeonjin

Spoiler

6-F09-B3-BD-9253-41-DB-B92-F-ABCB4862730

• Like 2

'Pregnant' Son Ye-jin, don't you think you have morning sickness?.. ♥︎ Hyunbin's wife

75-FE086-E-AFE5-4144-B7-F4-B3389-B13-B48

[OSEN=Reporter Park So-young] Actress Son Ye-jin is showing off her lovely new wife's daily life. She is Hyun Bin's wife, mother of one child, and Son Ye-jin, who is enjoying her newlywed life of roasting sesame seeds.

Son Ye-jin posted on her personal SNS account on the 17th, "Are you all having a good Sunday evening? Tomorrow is the start of another week. I liked the food photos so much last time, so I worked hard to make them and took pictures.”

She, who certified steamed egg, seaweed, kimchi stew, soup, greens, jeon, sandwich, and shabu-shabu, said, “I am very proud.. I hope you all eat healthy food and stay healthy. Have good food and stay healthy” to the fans.

'Best friend' Lee Min-jung, who saw this, said, "Oh, it's cute... . She showed off her overflowing affection with the comment. Song Yoon-ah raised her hand with her Son Ye-jin's hand with the comment, "Teacher, please." Lee Jung-hyun also praised, "Wow~~ Yejin-ah, it's so delicious."

This is not the first time Son Ye-jin has been proud of her hand. A few days ago, “I do a lot of cooking that I have never done before. Everyone who is good at cooking is amazing.”

BD119118-0697-4-F5-F-B8-C0-D3370-C952216

In the meantime, Son Ye-jin has not missed her position as a top actress since her debut in 1999. She boasted her presence across melodrama and loco, genre and comedy, and she dominated both the CRT and the screen. She truly has established herself as an actress that she can trust and watch.

Then she became the wife of Hyun Bin, who drew a love line in the tvN drama 'Crash Landing on You'. The two married in a private manner on March 31st, and they became a couple. From dating to marriage, their every move was hot.

On the 27th of last month, the news of a surprise pregnancy drew attention. Son Ye-jin posted on her personal SNS, "Her new life has come. She is still stunned, but amidst her worries and excitement, she is feeling day by day because of the changes in her body,” she revealed, and she was congratulated.

A trustworthy actor, Hyun Bin's wife, a mother of a child, and a new wife who puts fun in housekeeping. All of these are Son Ye-jin's titles. Here's a smart guy who doesn't waste any of it.

SOURCE

Currently Most Viewed News Ranking 

“Fans also responded by saying, “You look so delicious,” “Do a cooking blog,” and “Be healthy and happy with Hyun Bin oppa.” Son Ye-jin's post received more than 900,000 likes.”

'Hyunbin♥' Son Ye-jin, Jang Geum, the skill to cry... "Very proud"

7125-EF15-0-C7-C-4596-B5-BD-34-BEF97-A52

Actress Son Ye-jin showed off her cooking skills. 

On her 17th, Son Ye-jin posted on her own Instagram, "Are you all having a good Sunday evening? Tomorrow is the start of another week,” along with several pictures of food. 

In the published photo, Son Ye-jin's own dining table is included. A variety of foods are included, from kimchi stew, steamed egg, donguntin, shabu-shabu, pasta, and sandwiches. 

Son Ye-jin continued, "I liked the food photos so much last time, so I worked hard to make them and take pictures. I am very proud,” she said. 

She added, “I hope everyone eats healthy food and stays healthy.” 

Son Ye-jin got married to actor Hyun Bin in March, and was congratulated by the news of her pregnancy last month.

Hyun Bin ♥ Son Ye-jin, I thought it was a princess, so I was a 'scammer' 9-tier chef → Shabu-shabu is also a hand chef

2022.07.18. 4:34 pm

F871-F44-C-61-DA-459-C-82-BE-6-D1-E8-BC4

[Reporter Park Hyo-sil | Sports Seoul]
Actress Son Ye-jin, who is enjoying her honeymoon, is admiring her with her extraordinary cooking skills. 

Son Ye-jin, who got married to her fellow actor Hyun-bin in March, was doubled over as she shared the news of her recent pregnancy. 

Her dearest pregnant woman, her recent obsession with cooking is cooking. Son Ye-jin, who recently drew a lot of attention with photos of various home-cooked meals, such as yukgaejang, simmered yangmi-ri, and kimbap, released the 2nd photo of her cooking. 

Son Ye-jin posted on her personal SNS on the 17th, "Are you all having a good Sunday evening? Tomorrow is the start of another week. I liked the food photos so much last time, so I worked hard to make them and take pictures. I am very proud,” she said, posting a picture of a dining table-like table. 

In the photo, various styles of food such as kimchi stew, steamed egg, and water kimchi, shabu-shabu, vongole pasta, and sandwiches, appeared and made people's eyes widen. 

It was hard work to cook delicious home-cooked meals with her husband Hyun Bin every day, but her skills were not normal. Her writings were well received by fellow actors. 

Lee Jung-hyun admired, "Wow~~ Yejin-ah, it must be so delicious", and Lee Min-jung responded by saying, "Oh, it's cute lol". Her married senior, Song Yoon-ah, praised her, saying, “Teach me, teacher.” 

Fans also responded by saying, “You look so delicious,” “Do a cooking blog,” and “Be healthy and happy with Hyun Bin oppa.” Son Ye-jin's post received more than 900,000 likes. 

On the other hand, Son Ye-jin is enjoying a happy newlywed marriage for 4 months after finishing JTBC's 'Thirty-Nine' in March.

Hyun Bin, who appeared together in tvN's 'Crash Landing on You (2019)', and Hyun Bin became a hot topic when it became known that they were dating on January 1, 2021, and their wedding ceremony was held in March. 

SOURCE

Korean Streamer TVING to Acquire Rival Seezn to Better Compete With Netflix, Disney+

The deal will create a more powerful Korean service, controlled by CJ ENM, to battle with global giants for talent and subscribers.

BY PATRICK BRZESKI

JULY 18, 2022 5:30AM

Seoul, South Korea

Seoul, South Korea CHUNG SUNG-JUN/GETTY IMAGES

Two of South Korea’s leading domestic streaming services, TVING and Seezn, have unveiled plans to merge, forming a single platform that’s better equipped to take on global rivals like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and Disney+.

Powerhouse Korean entertainment company CJ ENM, which holds the controlling stake in TVING, confirmed the merger via a regulatory filing, indicating that its streaming subsidiary will absorb Seezn. The deal represents just the latest strategic move by CJ ENM to both beef up its position within the local Korean entertainment ecosystem and to grow into a more competitive global player.

The Seoul-based company bought a controlling position in Hollywood studio Endeavor Content late last year for $775 million. A recent partnership with Paramount saw Paramount+ launch atop TVING in June, as both companies seek greater scale to compete with incumbent streaming giants.

Seezn is controlled by KT Studio Genie, the content production arm of telecom operator KT Corp. Studio Genie said in a filing that the deal was reached to “strengthen the over-the-top (OTT) platform competitiveness within the domestic media and contents industry, and accelerate the growth of K-content.”

TVING CEO Yang Ji-eul said in a statement that the company aims to become the world’s top Korean content platform by utilizing the “content production infrastructure and communication technology of both companies.”

“As the market competition becomes fiercer, insiders kept saying that local players need to get bigger in order to compete head-to-head with foreign platforms,” said culture critic Ha Jae-geun in a statement to local news service Yonhap. “TVING seems to be taking action, considering its recent moves to merge with Seezn and cooperate with Paramount+.”

Subscriber estimates in Korea tend to vary, but the most reliable assessments position Netflix at the head of the pack. As of the end of 2021, regional research group Media Partners Asia reported that there were a total of 14.1 million premium subscription video subscribers in Korea, with Netflix claiming a 33 percent share, or 4.7 million; local platform Wavve taking 19 percent (2.68 million); and TVING holding 18 percent (2.53 million). Disney+ is also thought to making headway, along other smaller local operators and the recently launched Apple TV+ (which has a smaller presence in Korea than elsewhere, thanks to the local dominance of Samsung).

TVING’s growing scale and assertiveness could present the keenest challenge to Netflix, which has cultivated an international reputation as destination for bankable Korean content. Following the global success of Squid Game, Netflix said in January that it would release 25 Korean originals just this year, easily surpassing the half-billion dollars it spent on Korean content in 2021.

CJ ENM was integral to Netflix’s early traction in the Korean content ecosystem, thanks to a 2019 partnership the streamer signed with CJ’s K-drama production company, Studio Dragon. The agreement brought hit K-drama titles like Crash Landing on You and It’s Okay Not to Be Okay to Netflix’s global subscribers. The partnership is set to expire this year.

Taking a page from the Hollywood studios’ recent playbook, CJ ENM looks increasingly intent on scaling its own platform and competitive position. In April, the group announced the launch of its third TV production studio, CJ ENM Studios, which will specialize in producing original Korean dramas. Other recent CJ acquisitions include deals for some of the country’s leading production banners, including Moho Film, the label founded by Park Chan-wook, winner of the best director award at the 2022 Cannes Film Festival; and JK Film, the company of filmmaker JK Youn, best known for domestic blockbusters like 2009’s Tidal Wave.

Source:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/korean-streamers-tving-seezn-merger-netflix-disney-1235181837/

“'Crash Landing on You', which had its historic premiere, will become a work loved all over the world just like the original drama.” ~ Kim Taehyung, CEO of T2N Media

Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin chemistry? Musical 'Crash Landing on You' Global Jeong-joon

2022.07.19. 10:31 am

00618076-7946-4446-BCE0-A34626-A22-E80.j

0000306165_001_20220719103101573.jpg?type=w430

[Reporter Jo Yeon-kyung | JTBC]
Will the popularity of the drama, the chemistry of the actors, and the musical stage continue intact?  

The musical 'Crash Landing on You' announced the first step of the work through an official meeting. Min Woo-hyuk, Lee Kyu-hyung, Lim Hye-young, Kim Ryeo-won, Na Hana, Tei, Lee Yi-kyung, Han Seung-yoon, Song Joo-hee, Kim I-hoo, and Yoo Yeon-jeong attended the meeting and exchanged greetings with the main actors and staff.  

On that day, the production company Pop Music's CEO Kim Jin-seok said, "The musical 'Crash Landing on You' was produced with a world tour in mind from the planning stage. After the world premiere, we plan to show our works all over the world."  

Kim Tae-hyung, CEO of T2N Media, expressed his wish, "I am sure that the musical 'Crash Landing on You', which had its historic premiere, will become a work loved all over the world just like the original drama.  

Director Park Ji-hye said, "There were many moments when I was worried about preparing the work for a long time, but meeting the actors and staff like this will solve the problems in an instant. left a promise.  

The musical 'Crash Landing on You' is based on the tvN drama 'Crash Landing on You', starring Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin, who became a real couple. It depicts the absolutely top secret love story of special officer Ri Jeong-hyeok.  

The musical is a romance that focuses on 'people' and 'life' between North and South Korea, and will deliver fresh fun that can only be felt on stage. It is noteworthy whether it can make a new mark in the performance world with the fantasy romance genre. The first concert will be held on September 16th at COEX Shinhan Card Artium. 

SOURCE

9 Korean Actresses Who Are Absolute Workaholics

Number 3 was in a K-Drama or film every year for 16 straight years!

22-B3-B484-61-FF-4997-B0-D7-4-AFFEBDBB47

Many male Korean actors are workaholics, as a lot of them choose to be involved in an acting project for multiple straight years. This is also true for Korean actresses, such as these 9.

3. Son Ye Jin

5223-AEFA-C015-4-E93-9-C9-C-3603612-B3-D

Son Ye Jin has been in K-Drama or film every year since 2000, with only a brief break in 2017 and 2021.

2000: Secret Tears 

2001: Delicious Proposal

2002: Great Ambition 

2003: Summer Scent 

2004: A Moment to Remember 

2005: April Snow 

2006: Alone in Love

2007: Yobi, the Five Tailed Fox (Voice actress)

2008: Spotlight 

2009: White Night 

2010: Personal Taste 

2011: Spellbound

2012: The Tower 

2013: Don’t Look Back: The Legend of Orpheus

2014: The Pirates 

2015: Bad Guys Always Die

2016: The Truth Beneath

2018: Something in the Rain

2019/2020: Crash Landing on You

2022: Thirty-Nine

SOURCE

• Like 1

Son Ye-jin, ♥ Hyun-bin on a spoon... 'Pregnant moms' who set the table for themselves even during pregnancy

2022.07.19. 4:31 am

FD465-E6-D-3877-4-C0-C-9-B43-1944-BBA5-A

Actress Son Ye-jin boasted of her cooking skills that would make 'Jang Geum-i' cry even while pregnant. 

On the 18th, Son Ye-jin said, "I am very proud," and revealed a wedding meal with Hyun Bin, a 'prospective father'. 

In the published photos, various menus prepared by Son Ye-jin are eye-catching. Son Ye-jin surprised her fans with her amazing cooking skills, reminiscent of a chef, from Korean dishes such as stews and jeons to pasta and salads. 

Son Ye-jin, who had previously released food photos once, said, "I liked the food photos so much last time, so I worked hard to make them and filmed them." She said, "I'm very proud." 

She then greeted her fans by saying, "I hope everyone eats healthy food and stays healthy." 

Son Ye-jin married Hyun Bin in March. The two recently announced that they were pregnant and received warm congratulations from domestic and foreign fans. Son Ye-jin is currently concentrating on prenatal education.

SOURCE

• Like 1

8 Female K-Celebrities that Can Be Disney Princesses

AKP STAFF
 Posted by ean1994   3:36am

1657905175-untitled4.jpg

Aside from their outer beauty, many of the Disney princesses are hardworking, kind, and sincere, which are qualities that we can also see in our favorite stars! Here are eight female K-celebrities that can be Disney princesses!

4. Son Ye Jin: Belle knows it takes courage and kindness to see beauty where others don't. She is confident in being herself and knows that it's not fair to judge a book by its cover. With that being said, just the aura and elegance that actress Son Ye Jin possesses encompasses the sophistication that is Belle.

Source:

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/07/8-female-k-celebrities-that-can-be-disney-princesses

K-dramas are having a moment

July 17, 2022
8:04 AM ET

Ayesha Rascoe speaks with journalist Jae-Ha Kim about the popularity of Korean television dramas on streaming services and her top recommendations.

(SOUNDBITE OF SONG, "LIFE IS A SERIES OF GAMES")

UNIDENTIFIED SINGER: (Singing in non-English language).

AYESHA RASCOE, HOST:

You may remember that eerie sound from the popular Netflix original series "Squid Game." The dystopian Korean thriller broke records as one of the most-watched shows on the streaming service. The show also made history this week as the first-ever non-English series nominated for an Emmy in the outstanding drama category. Like "Squid Game," other Korean dramas, also known as K-dramas, are having a moment. And whether you've watched a few or are just getting into them, we've got some recommendations. Jae-Ha Kim joins us now. She's a journalist and a K-drama fan. That's why she's here. Thanks for being with us.

JAE-HA KIM: Thank you for having me. What a fun show.

RASCOE: (Laughter) So for someone who is totally new to Korean dramas, what would you recommend?

KIM: OK. I think that a good one to start with would be "Money Heist: Korea." There's a genius kind of weirdo. His name is Professor.

(SOUNDBITE OF TV SHOW, "MONEY HEIST: KOREA")

UNIDENTIFIED ACTOR: (As character, non-English language spoken).

KIM: And he has a heist that he wants to do where he feels that it's not really stealing from anyone because they're going to print their own money and steal that. So he gets a bunch of criminals together. You know, one's a great counterfeiter. You know, another one's a great fighter. And they go into the mint in Korea, which, in this fictional land, it's the North and South Korean mint. They get in there, and they hold everybody in there hostage. And their goal is not kill anybody, not hurt anybody and get out with, you know, trillions of won, Korean won - billions of dollars.

RASCOE: You know, let's talk about romance. A lot of people - they love good romance drama. Their hearts aren't cold like mine. What should we check out in the K-drama space when it comes to romance?

KIM: I would be remiss if I didn't mention "Crash Landing On You." The series is so good. It's set in North Korea, and it's the ultimate "Romeo And Juliet" story. It's about a North Korean and a South Korean who fall in love.

RASCOE: Oh, wow.

KIM: She's going to have to go back home to South Korea. He can't leave North Korea. So what do you do?

(SOUNDBITE OF TV SHOW, "CRASH LANDING ON YOU")

SON YE-JIN: (As Yoon Se-ri) North Korea?

KIM: This is from the beginning of the series, when Se-ri, the South Korean businesswoman, paraglides into North Korea by accident. And she is caught in a tree. And he's telling her right there that, oh, I'm a North Korean soldier. You're in North Korea. And she's shocked because she never expected that her little outing would land her in a different country, a country that she's technically at war with.

RASCOE: Yes. I mean, I don't think you just want to land in North Korea, just saying.

KIM: Oh, no, no, no, no.

RASCOE: (Laughter) So - and, you know, another big aspect of the Korean TV and film industry is that they have a lock on zombies. And this - and as a horror fan, I should have seen these. I have not seen all of these. So break this down for us. What are some of the great horror, like, TV and movies from Korea?

KIM: So a kind of different zombie thriller is "Happiness," which is a zombie thriller and a love story. And it's so sweet and so hopeful because in "Happiness," they're trying to save as many zombies as possible. The series actually reflects on COVID because it's set a little bit in the future, and they talk about how, well, you know, coronavirus is under control now so we can control this, too. And I like that attitude that just because somebody is sick - because these zombies didn't become zombies just because they wanted to. I mean, literally, they caught a virus.

RASCOE: No, yeah. It's not their fault, yeah.

KIM: Yeah. I like the idea that we should do everything we can to save as many as we can. It's a very clever plot, and you need to watch it because I think you would like it a lot.

RASCOE: OK. I'm going to have to look that up. I will definitely look that up. What does it mean to you to see K-dramas get this sort of recognition right now?

KIM: It's an acknowledgement of my heritage, and it brings me immense pride that people are paying attention to something that is not easy for them to necessarily understand - and by that I mean the language barrier. So they're putting in the effort. They're willing to read the subtitles. And it fills me with pride that it's something that I find to be quality that people are welcoming into their homes.

RASCOE: Jae-ha Kim, journalist and K-drama connoisseur, thank you so much. This was fun.

KIM: Thank you.

(SOUNDBITE OF SEULGI, SINB, CHUNG HA AND JEON SOYEON SONG, "WOW THING")

Source:

https://www.npr.org/2022/07/17/1111912913/k-dramas-are-having-a-moment

• Like 1

Son Ye-Jin’s homemade beef stew sparks viral debate among South Koreans

BY JHON DAVE CUSIPAGPUBLISHED JUL 19, 2022 5:28 PM

It's not every day that we see our favorite Hallyu stars cook mouthwatering dishes and when they do, the unexpected arises.

Take your cue from Son Ye-jin's recent Instagram post, which sent the South Korean online community into a heated debate about the name of the dish she cooked.

On July 11, the newlywed Hallyu star shared an Instagram post showing the kimbap, stir-fried anchovies, hamburgers, and other dishes that she just cooked.

"These days, I’ve often been cooking dishes I haven’t done before... I feel so proud when my food comes out looking good despite cooking it for the first time. To all those who cook well, you guys are awesome," the actress captioned her post.

The dishes all looked delicious, but what got her followers talking is the beef stew that they've been trying to decipher whether it's Yukgaejang, a spicy beef soup originating in Daegu where Ye-jin's from, or Gyeongsang-do style beef ad radish stew, a more distinctive dish that originated in South Korean's province of Gyeongsang-do.

According to K-ent portal Kbizoom, the discussion began on the Korean online community Theqoo on July 12, the day after Ye-jin uploaded her post.

“It looks too much like Yukgaejang,” said one netizen. "There are too many ingredients for beef and reddish soup. Tha's Yukgaejang," another one added.

One user explained, "There's bracken so it's Yukgaejang. Daegu people put bracken in their beef soup." 

According to My Korean Kitchen, Yukgaejang contains ingredients such as shredded beef brisket, bean sprouts, green onions, sesame oil, and Korean chili powder, in addition to bracken, an edible fern commonly used on bibimbap that Gyeongsang-do style beef stew lacks.

Meanwhile, Gyeongsang-do natives believe the Ye-jin's soup is the Gyeongsang-do style beef stew. 

"I thought it was Yukgaejang at first but the meat is not shredded, so it's beef and reddish soup," one user said.

“That is the beef stew. It looks just like the way we eat at home,” argued one user from Daegu in a Koreaboo report. 

“Yukgaejang shreds the beef, but that is the beef stew,” defends another user.  

Whatever the dish may be called, we can't wait to see how Son Ye-Jin and Hyun Bin's relationship develops. The couple tied the knot on March 31 after dating for two years and announced their pregnancy in June.   

Source:

https://philstarlife.com/celebrity/472364-son-ye-jin-beef-stew-debate?page=3

1 hour ago, KimDdalgi said:

. Son Ye Jin: Belle knows it takes courage and kindness to see beauty where others don't. She is confident in being herself and knows that it's not fair to judge a book by its cover. With that being said, just the aura and elegance that actress Son Ye Jin possesses encompasses the sophistication that is Belle.

@KimDdalgiSon YeJin as “Belle” really suits her as Son YeJin is a bookworm/loves reading books. In my humble opinion, another Disney Princess character that would match her beauty is Aurora the Sleeping Beauty. And if the strength of a woman is to be compared, then it’s Princess Jasmine. 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Aya said:

@KimDdalgiSon YeJin as “Belle” really suits her as Son YeJin is a bookworm/loves reading books. In my humble opinion, another Disney Princess character that would match her beauty is Aurora the Sleeping Beauty. And if the strength of a woman is to be compared, then it’s Princess Jasmine. 

I totally with you Sis @Aya she is. Not just only a Queen but when it comes and talk about Disney world it suits her all. And tye same with her Husband/Husbin the Disney Prince. I'm so "kilig" with the term Disney Princess and Disney Prince.:fullofhearts:

[Son Ye Jin | Maison Valentino Via Instagram]:

• Like 1