Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

A golf cap signed by Son Yejin last year  2021/04/07 when she was filming Lim Jinhan golf show

4-DFA75-BB-421-E-4959-B5-F5-FC30-F27484-

BDE5815-A-1-A0-E-4-FAC-843-B-803-A13-F88

<Thirty, Nine> features in Seoul Institute of the Arts official IG

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cae5ME8FLkP/?utm_medium=copy_link

Oh Yoona mentioned Son Yejin in her recent interview

http://m.sportsseoul.com/news/read/1101181?ref=naver#_ace

Spoiler

• Like 1

<Thirty, Nine> Ep 5 to be aired on Wed 03/02  is broadcast at 10pm KST due to debate of SK 20th Presidential election candidates.

EP4 | Cha Mijo and Kim Seonwoo BTS

Translations
Spoiler

Son Yejin passion and dedication :wub:

Spoiler

A character interview you’ve heard in person

JTBC IG update “To Do List 39”

• Like 1

[EXCLUSIVE] ‘Couple of the Century’ Son Ye-jin and Hyun Bin to get married on March 30

2022.02.28. 2:53 PM

0000290979_001_20220228145312046.jpg?type=w430Son Ye-jin and Hyun Bin

[Reporter Hwang So-young | JTBC]

Actors Son Ye-jin and Hyun Bin are getting married on March 30.  

On the 28th, a person close to the two said, "Son Ye-jin and Hyun-bin are getting married on March 30." It was only known at the end of March, but as a result of the coverage, the exact date was the 30th. The wedding will be held privately and only family, friends and acquaintances will be invited. There is no photo time for the guests or an interview with the bride and groom.  

The wedding venue is Sheraton Grand Walkerhill Hotel Aston House in Gwangjang-dong, Seoul. This is a detached house with an outdoor garden and a view of the Han River. It is located in the middle of a mountain, so it is a popular place for celebrities because of its good security. In particular, it is an opinion that it is an optimal space for the couple Son Ye-jin and Hyun Bin, who are burdened with excessive public gaze, as everything is provided to allow a secret wedding ceremony in the hotel. 

0000290979_002_20220228145312108.jpg?type=w430

Son Ye-jin and Hyun Bin

Son Ye-jin and Hyun Bin announced their marriage on the 10th in a handwritten letter. Son Ye-jin said, "I have found someone to spend the rest of my life with. He is a very warm and reliable person just being with us. Thank you for everything around us that made our relationship our destiny. Please celebrate the future we will create together." requested Hyun Bin said, "I made a promise to her who will always make me smile. Let's walk through the days ahead together. I think you'll be happy to support our first step with the warm and affectionate gaze you've given us so far." reported the news.  

Son Ye-jin and Hyun Bin, who were born in 1982, started dating publicly in January of last year after the end of the tvN drama 'Crash Landing on You'. After a year and two months of public dating, they got married and became a couple.  

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/437/0000290979

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

When asked about the wedding date of Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin, "It is difficult to confirm"

2022.02.28. 3:22 pm

0000147388_001_20220228152301550.jpg?type=w430

[Hoyoung Lee, iMBC]

Actors Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin declined to comment on specific wedding schedule inquiries.

On the 28th, JTBC reported that "Son Ye-jin and Hyun Bin are getting married on March 30," borrowing the words of an aide. Initially, the couple's wedding was announced at the end of March, but the exact date was mentioned. 

In this regard, Hyun Bin's agency, VAST Entertainment, said to iMBC Entertainment, "It is difficult to confirm the specific date." Son Ye-jin's agency, MS Team Entertainment, is in the same position. 

Previously, the agencies of both sides took the same position with the report that the wedding was held at a hotel in Gwangjin-gu. She intends to do her best to protect the actor's personal privacy. 

Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin met in the movie 'Negotiation' in 2018. She developed into her lover while filming the drama 'Crash Landing on You' in 2019. She admitted her relationship on January 1, 2021, and announced the marriage via social media after about two years of dating. She will hold a private wedding with her family and acquaintances in March.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/408/000014738

• Like 1

North Koreans express excitement about marriage between “Crash Landing on You” stars Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin

“While watching ‘Crash Landing on You’ with my best friends, we wished that the two characters hailing from different Koreas would really fall in love," one North Korean woman told Daily NK

By Ha Yoon Ah    |  2022.02.28 12:08pm

20220224_hya_2-696x464.jpg
A scene from the drama. (tvN)

The recent announcement that Son Ye-jin and Hyun Bin, stars of the South Korean drama “Crash Landing on You,” are getting married is a hot topic in North Korea. The love story of Yun Se Ri, a South Korean chaebol heiress who “crash lands” in North Korea, and Lee Jong Hyok, a North Korean officer who protects her, seems to have tugged at many people’s heartstrings in the country. 

Daily NK recently spoke with people living in various regions of North Korea about the news. Many who had heard about the marriage could not hide their excitement. 

One woman in her 30s who lives in North Hamgyong Province’s China-North Korea border region said that after hearing the news of the marriage her “heart started beating as if she knew them personally.” 

“These characters shared a special love in the show, and people are saying they want to run up and congratulate them personally [about the marriage],” she added.

She went on to say that while watching the show, she hoped that the two would get married despite their differences in nationality, and was happy that this wish had come true. “I hope to live in a world where everyone is comfortable with one another and young people from both Koreas can fall in love,” she added. 

A woman in her 40s living in North Hamgyong Province told Daily NK that she began crying when she heard the news of the marriage. 

“While watching ‘Crash Landing on You’ with my best friends, we wished that the two characters hailing from different Koreas would really fall in love. I think I cried at the thought of that becoming a reality, rather than just something that happened in a drama,” she added.

Some of the North Korean women Daily NK approached for comment seem to have forgotten that the portrayal of love between the two characters in the show was just fictional. As evidence of their close connection with the show, some actually expressed the belief that the two characters – one from South Korea and the other from North Korea – have fallen in love in real life.

The woman in her 40s pointed out that even the main characters from another South Korean drama, “Descendants of the Sun,” got married in real life. “I think the drama created the basis for them to fall in love, but they eventually got divorced. Some women have said that they hope Jong Hyok and Se Ri do not turn out like the characters in ‘Descendants of the Sun.’”

Another woman in her 20s who lives in Pyongyang told Daily NK how much she loves Hyun Bin and that she felt bad when she heard about the news of the marriage. “I think Jong Hyok and Se Ri’s love is memorable as it’s a love that transcends different systems, political views, and nations,” she said. “As the old saying goes, South Korean men are handsome while North Korean women are beautiful. I think that suggests that we [North Korean women] can experience something like this in the future.” 

After news of the marriage broke, it became trendy for North Koreans to watch the drama “Crash Landing on You” again.

The woman in her 40s told Daily NK that even officials charged with cracking down on foreign media content have watched the drama with their families, laughing and crying the whole time. “There are people who watch it again, and when they do, I think they sense that these two really like each other,” she said. 

The woman from Pyongyang mentioned that “Crash Landing on You” does not badmouth North Korea. “As a result, there are a lot of people who watch it a second time, even now,” she said, adding, “The news has spread that the main characters have gotten married, so everyone will continue to watch it.” 

Expressing her hope for a sequel, the woman further noted that, “Everyone wants to see a second season that explores what’s next for the married couple.”

South Korean actor Hyun Bin had announced the news of the marriage through a handwritten letter that stated: “The show’s Jong Hyuk and Se Ri would like to share their lives together.” In short, he expressed appreciation for the show, which had been a catalyst for the two actors to form a relationship. 

When a woman in Jagang Province was told about Hyun Bin’s statement, she remarked that she would watch “Crash Landing on You” again because the North Korean character Jung Hyuk (Hyun Bin), who stirred the hearts of North Koreans, had expressed such an “attachment” to the drama. 

“Many people have watched this show, and it will become more popular thanks to the news of their upcoming marriage,” she added.

https://www.dailynk.com/english/north-koreans-express-excitement-about-marriage-between-crash-landing-on-you-stars-son-ye-jin-hyun-bin/

• Like 1

<Thirty, Nine> Script books (2 books in Hangul) will be available on Korea online shop from  03/03.

FFF805-F7-222-F-4-E3-A-A4-E5-5-B3-ED7-E5

OP went to Yeongcheon Movie restaurant and spotted Son Yejin and her fiancé, Hyun Bin, autographs.  The pre-married couple went in mid Feb.
”My favourite beef bibimbap.  Hyun Bin and Son Yejin must have gone on a date” ~ OP caption

Spoiler

7-C97941-E-EECF-4-D8-E-8-A83-D454657-C8-

Ctto  
Spoiler

49065615-F92-A-4-FD6-A151-C5-B7063-F2-A2

The couple went on a hanwoo date visited Yeongcheon Movie (Korean beef restaurant) and left their autographs.  The restaurant owner posted on 02/18.

”Thank you both for coming to Yeongcheon and congratulations on your wedding”

** Yeongcheon Movie is the name of the Korean Beef restaurant they visited

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaGcM-yBBc5/?utm_medium=copy_link

88889850-2-AC9-417-C-91-BE-BC5-C0-B6-F84

231-E3-B65-0-CFD-4-D16-AD0-B-61-B0-BE9-E

8549-ED54-BA2-F-4127-A06-E-37768-B1539-C

An article on Son Yejin “An actress who always delivered positives” for Queens Korea March 

http://www.queen.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=373037

Edited by gm4queen
Please use spoiler tags when you upload more than 3 images/ tweets in one post! Thanks!
  • Like 1

<Thirty, Nine> Ep4 MiChanJoo BTS

Eng Sub

'Thirty, Nine' Son Ye-jin X Jeon Mi-do X Kim Ji-hyun, 21 years of friendship... Broadcast at 10 o'clock on the 2nd [TV Alert]

2022.03.01. 9:19 am

0000605939_001_20220301091901579.jpg?type=w430

'Thirty-nine'./Photo courtesy of JTBC Studio

[Hyun Jung-min | Sports World]
JTBC's Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Thirty, Nine' 5th episode to be aired tomorrow (March 2nd) will be broadcast at 10pm, 30 minutes earlier,  following the 3rd Candidate Debate of the 20th Presidential Election. 

The brilliant friendship of Son Ye-jin, Jeon Mi-do, and Kim Ji-hyun in 'Thirty, Nine' is touching the hearts of viewers. 

Cha Mi-jo (Son Ye-jin), Jung Chan-young (Jeon Mi-do), who become stronger after facing the ordeal of a friend's death in the JTBC drama 'Thirty, Nine' It depicts the friendship of Jang Joo-hee (Kim Ji-hyun) and delivers deep emotions and lingering emotions every week. 

In particular, the prologue, which opens with a piece of the memories of the three friends, and the scene reminiscent of the past unfolding in between, not only give strong sympathy and laughter, but also support their friendship and cause over-immersion. So, from the age of 18 to the end of their thirties, I looked into the 21-year history of friendship between three friends. 

▲ One day at the age of 18, three high school girls without contact become friends! 

The first meeting of the three friends took place one day at 18, when Cha Mi-jo went to Siloam Bunsik to see his biological mother. Cha Mi-jo, who lost her wallet while riding the subway, was helped by Jeong Chan-young, who was a passenger at the time. Cha Mi-jo, who was given a 10,000 won ticket and said, “I’m going to do my best to help neighbors in need,” burst out crying, “Do I look pitiful?” Jeong Chan-young, unaware of the circumstances of her search for her biological mother, is angry at her absurdity. out and followed her.

The place that Cha Mi-jo and Jeong Chan-young went to was a snack restaurant in Siloam in Gocheok-dong. At that moment, while watching her master aunt, wondering, 'Isn't it her mother,' Jang Joo-hee, the daughter of a snack shop, appeared. Cha Mi-jo, whose all she knew about her birth mother was the Siloam Food House in Gocheok-dong, summoned Joo-hee Jang to her back alley to investigate her hogu, and found out that she wasn't her mother. Although Cha Mi-jo could not find any traces of her mother, she became friends with Jung Chan-young and Jang Joo-hee, who shared special memories, even with the words 'like family'. end of their thirties.

▲The Black History of Humiliation, the 20s of the three friends in their 20s was the time when the dark history of humiliation was engraved and Jeong Chan-young's old love began. 

First, in the last 4 episodes, the episode in which entry was denied at a nightclub caused laughter. Unlike Chan-Young Jung and Joo-Hee Jang, who were stylish, Cha Mi-Jo's appearance did not match the knight. Her schoolboy look won't work in a nightclub. The three friends who were cut at the entrance eventually headed to the food stall. Joo-hee Jang, who was looking forward to her exciting birthday party at the nightclub, could not hide her disappointment, and to make matters worse, the humiliation that even her birthday candle was blown out in the wind without notice unfolded, and her funny (?) Memories were made 

On the other hand, when the three friends were in their 20s, there was a first meeting between Jeong Chan-young and Kim Jin-seok (Lee Moo-saeng). Cha Mi-jo, who was playing with his friends as usual, had something to receive from his brother, Kim Jin-seok, whom he knew, so he called him to his place. Kim Jin-seok, who was about to give her things and went out, saw Jeong Chan-young and fell in love with her at first sight, forgetting her busyness and sitting there. Chan-young Jeong also felt the same emotions, and a long and bitter relationship between the two began. 

▲ At around 39-39, who did not know that they were 'dear' to each other like this, the three friends who thought they would get used to meeting and parting were faced with an ordeal they had never thought of before, having to let their friends go. 

Chan-Young Jung was sentenced to six months in life for pancreatic cancer. There were hard times when the tears did not dry out.

However, as the time I could spend with Chan-Young Jeong continued to pass, I couldn't help but be engulfed in sadness. Cha Mi-jo then decided to spend the rest of the time happily with Jung Chan-young with Jang Joo-hee, and she asked to be the most exciting time-limited woman in the world. It was a moment of intense support for the 39-year-old women who faced the pain of life and death. 

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/396/0000605939

• Awesome 1

Son Yejin and her fiancé Hyun Bin was randomly mentioned in Super Junior Donghae & Eunhyuk D&E show Ep105, 22/02/24.  They called them 빈진쀼.:wub:

"‘Crash Landing On You’ has the highest ratings that tvN has ever recorded, led by Son Yejin and Hyun Bin who have become 쀼(a married couple) from lovers in ‘Crash Landing On You’ Congrats!" ~ Donghae & Eunhyuk

Eunhyuk said Son Yejin was his ideal type when he was young because she us so beautiful and he played CLOY Ri Jeonghyeok parody on this talkshow :lol:

Spoiler

[2022/02/28] Son Yejin <Thirty, Nine> reshoot in Jeju.

A Jeju blogger sum up her activities from 02/11 - 03/01 and on 02/28 she posted a chat with picture of Son Yejin  filming in Jeju.  She was eating with a male co star opposite her so perhaps a reshoot or cf (??).  Hahaha It is clearly not her wedding shoot.

”Son Yejin is up in my neighbourhood.  I can’t believe she came all the way to Jeju Island to film this” ~ Jeju blogger 02/28 chat

BBDDB766-455-C-4597-8743-D8-F8-FB32-F757source: weibo

Spoiler

9-E342467-30-A4-46-F0-B8-ED-E6-ACBE3-AF7

• Like 1

<Thirty, Nine> updates

Tonite Ep 5 will broadcast 30 mins early at 10pm KST,  following the 3rd Candidate Debate of the 20th Presidential Election. 

New Still | Mijo & Joohee starts taking care of Chanyoung :bawling:

0-D56-E835-E69-A-421-D-AE47-1357281-BBB7

C42590-A9-0328-417-D-B8-A9-0-C07-C909-FF

Ep5 Preview

'Thirty-nine' Jeon Mi-do gives up chemotherapy → Releases bucket list for Son Ye-jin x Kim Ji-hyun 

2022.03.02. 8:45 am
Reporter Kim Bo-ra | NEWSEN

[OSEN = Reporter Kim Bo-ra]

'Thirty, nine' Jeon Mi-do sets a bucket list for Son Ye-jin and Kim Ji-hyun. 

In the 5th episode of JTBC's Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Thirty, Nine' (played by Yoo Young-ah, directed by Kim Sang-ho), which will be aired on the 2nd, Jeong Chan-young (Jeon Mi-do), who has been sentenced to death, reveals the bucket list that she has been thinking about for a long time, and it will wet the bedroom. am. 

In the last 4 episodes, Cha Mi-jo (Son Ye-jin) and Jang Joo-hee (Kim Ji-hyun) decide to spend the remaining six months of her time with Jung Chan-young doing the things she wants to do. Rather than receiving chemotherapy, she promised to "be the happiest and most exciting end of the life" instead of respecting Chan-Young Jung's will, "I want to live a normal life even if I live one day." Curious about what to fill the remaining time with, the so-called 'Frenzy Deadline Program'.

In the midst of this, in the photo released on the 2nd, the appearance of three friends gathered at Jeong Chan-young's house attracts attention. It is heartwarming to see the peaceful and friendly time of three friends: Mijo tea, who eats olives that are good for her body, Chanyoung Jeong, who frowns as if she is not happy, and Joohee Jang, who narrows her brow at the same time. 

On this day, the three friends gather for the frantic end-of-day program and decide to bring out the plans they have ambitiously prepared. Among them, Joo-Hee Jang scours the internet all night and takes out her wretched paper, expressing her confidence and showing signs of seeing her win with quality and quantity. Then Cha Mi-jo also comes up with the idea he had in mind, but Jung Chan-young only responds, "It's not novel. It's boring." 

Having dismissed all of her friends' opinions, Chan-young Jeong carefully confesses her long-disturbed bucket list, embarrassing Cha Mi-jo and Jang Joo-hee. With only six months left to live, Chan-Young Jeong said that her lifelong dream is for her friends, Mi-Jo Cha and Joo-Hee Jang, not her own bucket list. 

Cha Mi-jo and Jang Joo-hee, who are lost for words in an unexpected story, and Jeong Chan-young, who is more serious than ever, are looking forward to today's broadcast of what the 'Frenzy End-of-Time Program' will turn out to be. 

Episode 5 of 'Thirty, Nine', where Jeon Mi-do's bucket list will be released, will be broadcast at 10 o'clock on the afternoon of the 2nd after the 3rd Candidate Debate of the 20th Presidential Election ends. 

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/109/0004566041

• Like 1

Korea Good Data for 4th week of February

✔  Most Talked Drama : <Thirty, Nine> ~  rank #3

✔  Most Talked Drama Actors / Actresses : Son Yejin ~ rank #3

MARCH 1, 2022 | WRITER KORB

Netflix’s 16 Most Watched Korean Titles Worldwide as of February 2022

Here’s a rundown of most popular Korean titles on Netflix in the world for this year, as of February 2022:

10.  “Crash Landing On You” (2019 - 2020) | 987 points

cloy.jpg?w=716

Synopsis: A paragliding mishap drops a South Korean heiress in North Korea – and into the life of an army officer, who decides he will help her hide.
Genre: Romantic comedy
No of episodes: 16
Starring: Hyun Bin, Son Ye-jin, Kim Jung-hyun, Seo Ji-hye
Written by: Park Ji-eun
Directed by: Lee Jung-hyo
Date: December 14, 2019 – February 16, 2020
Network: TVN and Netflix

12.  “Thirty, Nine” (2022) | 779 points

39jtbc.jpg?w=650

Genre: Romantic, Drama
Synopsis: This series revolves around the life, friendship, romance and love of three friends, who are about to turn 40 years old.
No. of episodes: 12
Starring: Son Ye-jin, Jeon Mi-do, Kim Ji-hyun
Written by: Yoo Yeong-ah
Directed by: Kim Sang-ho
Original network: JTBC, Netflix
Date: February 16 – present

https://korean-binge.com/2022/03/01/netflixs-16-most-watched-korean-titles-worldwide-as-of-february-2022/

<Thirty, Nine> more new still

0000964045_001_20220302134101535.jpg?type=w430

0000964045_002_20220302134101789.jpg?type=w430

0000964045_003_20220302134101849.jpg?type=w430

Son Ye-jin ♥ Yeon Woo-jin Hot Hug → Romantic (39)

2022.03.02. 1:41 PM

A hot hug scene between Son Ye-jin and Yeon Woo-jin was captured. 

In the last 4 episodes, Kim Seon-woo saw her brother Kim So-won (Ahn So-hee) working in her room salon. The mismatched attire of her younger brother, who was thought to be working hard as her pianist, shocked Seon-Woo Kim. 

Kim So-won is no longer living with her family under one roof due to Kim So-won's request for divorce, but the reason she came to Korea after giving up her medical career in the United States was to find her younger sister. Kim So-won reassured Kim Seon-woo by telling her small details about her situation, but she drew her line in her question about wanting to know more.

Kim Seon-woo was sad inside every time that happened, but he respected him as he was because he is no longer a younger brother. He couldn't believe his brother, who had been busy teaching piano, was at the bar. 

It was a miserable day for Kim Seon-woo as Cha Mi-jo saw them fighting in front of the bar. It is noteworthy how Cha Mi-jo, who sees the sad side of Kim Seon-woo, who has always seen only the bright side, will respond to this situation. 

In the midst of this, attention is focused on the fact that Cha Mi-jo is going to visit Kim Seon-woo, who is in sorrow. In the photos released by the production team, Kim Seon-woo, surprised by Cha Mi-jo's unexpected visit, and Cha Mi-jo, warmly hugging him, show a deeper love. In particular, Cha Mi-jo, who hugs him as if he sympathizes with Kim Seon-woo's sadness, is filled with worry and regret, giving a feeling of affection. 

Previously, Kim Seon-woo had comforted her who was saddened by the news of her friend's passing after confessing her audacity to her car Mi-jo, whom she fell in love with at first sight. It gave me strength with meticulous consideration, such as running together to refresh my stuffy stomach and holding a surprise event so that I don't fall into depression. 

Kim Seon-woo's kindness, who not only puts his emotions first, but truly thinks about what Cha Mi-jo needs and does for him, shakes not only Cha Mi-jo, but also the female minds of the room. In such a situation where Kim Seon-woo is sad, attention is focused on how Cha Mi-jo will help his pain and what kind of strength he will provide. 

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/382/0000964045

SOOMPI | Thirty, Nine

Spoiler

• Like 1

Son Yejin for Crocodiles Women 2022 Spring/Summer

https://www.instagram.com/p/CalkkJihv_U/?utm_medium=copy_link

0-D8-ECB76-FB5-B-4-DA7-B81-F-B8576-E612-

Son Yejin 2 dramas & a movie on Netflix Japan Top 10 on 03/02

“The Negotiation” #3

”Crash Landing On You” #4

”Thirty, Nine“ #6

OP and her parents visited the Makguksu restaurant in Yangpyong-gu which Son Yejin and her fiancé Hyun Bin went in November 2021.
She asked the owner if Son Yejin and Hyun Bin came dating and the owner said yes it’s true.  Her dad keep
asking the owner “Is Son Yejin pretty?  How about Hyun Bin?”
A5910-EA2-7-A28-4296-A39-D-F0-DA09-A7934

ctto viplovebb8

Spoiler

3-C194-B6-A-78-F8-4664-AB91-13-E4-D6-F09

E1-C41-B5-D-B2-B0-42-C2-BB86-E9-C4-F5-D2

8915-C5-DF-3-D3-E-4-CA1-8858-D55-A1-F3-F

Lee Minjung guesting “You Quiz On The Block” on 03/16 and will be bringing up her witty comments on Son Yejin’s IG posts incl the wedding announcement post

Spoiler

• Like 1

Ep 6 New Still

32402457-83-D1-4966-BF6-E-E8158-C0-A84-B

88216626-941-C-4091-BAA9-B356-FC69-BA61.

'Thirty, Nine' Son Ye-jin, Yeon Woo-jin X Ahn So-hee's family and meaningful 'dinner'

2022.03.03. 1:37pm

Spoiler

0003032939_001_20220303133701319.jpg?type=w430

[Reporter Han Seon Han | MTStar News]

Son Ye-jin's wisdom, who will fall in love with Yeon Woo-jin, is expected to shine. 

On the other hand, Cha Mi-jo's expression, which has a hard look in his eyes, arouses curious curiosity. Now that she is meeting her father of her boyfriend, who is about to date her for the first time, and knowing the insides of Kim Seon-woo's family, it must be difficult for her, too. However, rather than nervous, she is showing a determined figure, which is foreshadowing an exciting situation. 

Earlier, Kim Seon-woo was shocked to learn that his father was the reason his sister first demanded divorce and ruined my life. “I was adopted into a wealthy family and lived by pounding on the piano, but as an orphan, I would have lived by pounding with chopsticks.” It was only later that he realized that the words of his younger sister were actually the wounds his father had given her. 

Cha Mi-jo knew that Kim Seon-woo cares for and loves his younger sister more than anyone else, so it hurt to see him fall into a sense of self-blame that he did not become a reliable older brother. As a result, she grew up in an orphanage, went through two divorces, and shared her experiences with her current family. Nevertheless, she expressed the feelings of Kim So-won, who could not shake her anxiety in one place, and relieved the burden of her heart that weighed on Kim Seon-woo. 

Because of this, the confrontation between Kim Seon-woo, who barely calmed down, his father, and his younger sister, who came without notice, raises concerns about whether the flames of conflict may rekindle before the wounds have healed.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/108/0003032939

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Discussion impact? 'Thirty, Nine' plunged 5.537% in viewership ratings

2022.03.03. 6:59 am

[News Reporter Lee Min-ji | Newsen]

The ratings of 'Thirty, Nine' fell. 

According to Nielsen Korea, an audience rating research company, the 5th episode of the JTBC Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Thirty, Nine', which aired on March 2, recorded an audience rating of 5.537% based on pay TV households nationwide. 

The audience rating of 'Thirty, Nine', which broke its own highest ratings of 7.54% in episode 4, fell by about 2 percentage points. 

It seems to have had an impact on the '3rd Candidate Debate for the Presidential Election', which started about 30 minutes earlier than usual. 

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/609/0000547915

Spoiler

• Like 1

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20220303010800315
S. Korean drama 'Something in the Rain' to air in China

By Kim Bora (brk@yna.co.kr) | March 03, 2022

BEIJING, March 3 (Yonhap) -- The South Korean romance "Something in the Rain" will be streamed on a Chinese online platform from Thursday, becoming the first Korean TV show to have won approval from Beijing's TV watchdog in about six years.

According to iQIYI, "Something in the Rain," starring Son Ye-jin and Jung Hae-in, will be available from 8 p.m. on Thursday.

The company will also release a Chinese version of the popular Korean TV series, which premiered in 2018 on JTBC, in May.

It is the second Korean TV series that has been released through an official TV channel or video platform in mainland China this year following the 2017 fantasy romance series "Saimdang: Memoir of Colors" in January.

CF1CFF35-BD9F-4710-81A3-039C07FA81BD.jpg
This image captured from iQIYI's Weibo account highlights the release of "Something in the Rain" from March 3, 2022. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

But "Something in the Rain" is considered the first Korean TV show approved by the Chinese National Radio and Television Administration (NRTA) since 2017, when Beijing imposed a tacit ban on Korean content in protest of Seoul's decision to deploy a U.S. missile defense system, known as THAAD.

"Saimdang" was permitted to be broadcast in November 2016, but its actual release took place in January this year.

"Something in the Rain" gained the NRTA's approval about a month after it had applied for review in January.
"I heard that the approval (of 'Something in the Rain') was made by the NRTA in Beijing," said Jang Seong-hwan, head of the Beijing Office of the Korea Copyright Commission. "If there are no other problems, Korean TV shows can be approved by the NRTA in other regions."

Recently, the Chinese government has been showing signs of change in its stance on Korean content, which has been absent from China's TV networks, formal video streaming platforms and cinemas for about five years. Korean artists and entertainers have been barred from having concerts or shows in China.

The comedy film "Oh! My Gran" (2020), starring veteran actress Na Moon-hee, hit Chinese theaters in December last year, becoming the first Korean-made film released in China since the period action movie "Assassination" in 2015.

On TV, "Saimdang" was released on Mango TV, the state-owned Hunan Broadcasting System's online video platform, last month. The broadcaster's local TV channel also aired a dubbed version of the TV series. (END)

https://www.nielsenkorea.co.kr/tv_terrestrial_day.asp?menu=Tit_1&sub_menu=2_1&area=00&begin_date=20220303
“Thirty-Nine” Episode 6 Rating

Nationwide: 6.945% (#2) —— #1 is TVChosun News9
Seoul: 7.691% (#1) —— #2 is TVChosun News9

Rating for episode 5 dropped because of presidential debate (S. Korean presidential candidates held televised debate on March 2nd for the upcoming March 9 presidential election) and changed airtime.

Spoiler

https://kbizoom.com/son-ye-jins-drama-thirty-nine-sees-a-drop-in-ratings-for-latest-episode-after-achieving-a-personal-best-last-week/
Son Ye Jin’s drama “Thirty Nine” sees a drop in ratings for latest episode after achieving a personal best last week 

By Kien Pham | March 3, 2022

“Thirty Nine” recorded a decline in viewership this week.

On March 2, episode 5 of “Thirty Nine” starring Son Ye Jin, Jeon Mi Do and Kim Ji Hyun recorded average ratings of 5.5% nationwide and 6.1% in Seoul. This is a sharp drop by 2% compared to the previous episode, which was the drama’s highest rating since its first broadcast.

In episode 5, Cha Mi Jo (Son Ye Jin) and Jang Joo Hee (Kim Ji Hyun) decide to respect Jung Chan Young‘s (Jeon Mi Do) wish not to undergo chemotherapy. Instead, the trio vow to spend the remaining 6 months of Jung Chan Young doing everything they want to do. Cha Mi Jo visits her boyfriend Kim Sun Woo. The two open up about their current difficulties and share a soft kiss.

Many viewers believe the rating for episode 5 decreased because there was no climax, plus the airtime was changed to 30 minutes earlier than usual, which may have affected the rating.

Netizens’ comments:

• I enjoy yesterday’s episode though
  • Yesterday’s episode had no climax, so maybe that’s why the rating dropped 
  • Yesterday’s episode was light but there were many emotional scenes.
  • “Thirty Nine” is not for everyone. The drama suits those who are around the same age with the characters the most.

“Thirty Nine” airs every Wednesday and Thursday night on JTBC and Netflix.

The numbers for “Thirty-Nine” were lower dued to unfortunate scheduling…

=>Premiere night on Feb 16 (Feb 16 was the last day of Winter Olympics short track speed skating where S Korean athletes were in contention for Gold.)
FEB 16 — SHORT TRACK SPEEDSKATING
MEN'S 5,000-METER RELAY (South Korea earned silver)
WOMEN'S 1,500 METERS (South Korea’s Choi Minjeong successfully defended her Olympic title)

=>Episode 5 on March 2nd (televised debate for the upcoming March 9 presidential election)

Rating for the next episode (on March 9) will be effected…

https://kbizoom.com/son-ye-jin-filming-at-night-amid-wedding-preparations-making-fans-worried/
Son Ye Jin filming at night amid wedding preparations, making fans worried

By Kien Pham | March 2, 2022

Son Ye Jin is still working hard even though her wedding is happening soon.

By the end of this March, the wedding ceremony of “the couple of the century” Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin will take place. This is the most anticipated wedding of a Korean celebrity couple at the moment.

Although her wedding is approaching, recently, Son Ye Jin was seen on the set of JTBC’s ongoing drama “Thirty Nine“. This makes fans admire how hardworking the actress is and also worry about her health because filming and preparing for a wedding at the same time can be exhausting.

370CA384-F378-4427-89F0-88D2A939ADB8.web
Son Ye Jin was spotted filming at night amid wedding prep

Earlier, the exact date of Hyun Jin and Son Ye Jin’s marriage ceremony was also reported. Accordingly, the couple of “Crash Landing On You” will officially tie the knot on March 30.

Both Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin’s reps have also emphasized that the two’s wedding would be held privately with the attendance of only close family members and friends. 

In addition, a close friend of the couple said that there will be no photos with guests or interviews of the bride and groom.  So it is not easy for the Korean media to approach this wedding when both the bride and groom want it to be as private as possible.

It is known that the “Crash Landing on You” couple chose to hold their wedding at Aston House of Sheraton Grand Waterhill hotel, located in Gwangjin district, Seoul capital.  Sheraton is known as a luxury hotel, so the rental cost here can be up to 20 million won. In addition, the hotel is located in an extremely favorable position on the mountainside and has strict security.

• Awesome 1

<Thirty, Nine> would be going on hiatus next week 03/08 & 03/09 due to South Korea presidential election broadcast.  

Also, a special <Thirty, Nine> broadcast of episodes 1-6 under the title of 'About ”Thirty, Nine” ' will be aired on 03/09.

Ep 7  will resume broadcast on 03/16 at 10:30am KST.

So, Ep16 will falls on 03/31 if no further hiatus.  

Speed Quiz teaser

The full video will be released on 03/09 10:00am KST

Ep6 BTS

Netflix Japan 

Curious who is Cha Mijo’s birth mom?
Actress Seo Jiyoung will play the role of Cha Mijo's birth mother.  Haha me confused why 2 actresses  (Lee Kanhee & Seo Jiyoung) playing Cha Mijo’s mother role few months ago.  
Spoiler

'Thirty, Nine', canceled on the 8th and 9th... Special program for presidential election broadcasts

2022.03.04. 11:07 am

[Sports TV News = Reporter Kang Hyo-jin] The JTBC drama 'Thirty, Nine' will be canceled next week. 

JTBC canceled the 7th and 8th episodes of the Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Thirty, Nine', scheduled to air on the 8th and 9th, and organizes the presidential election broadcast and specials. 

Accordingly, on the 8th, a presidential election-related broadcast will be organized, and on the 9th, a special broadcast of episodes 1-6 under the title of 'About thirty and nine' will be held.  As the regular programming of the 8th episode became difficult due to the presidential election broadcast, it seems to be expected to attract new viewers by taking a week off rather than continuously programming on the 9th. 

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/477/0000345494

• Like 1

Son Ye-jin ♥︎ Hyun Bin, before the wedding, call acquaintances directly to greet 'Heart-warming'

2022.03.04. 12:20pm

91-AC9-D3-D-BDF3-439-E-B70-B-214-D25-BC1

[Kang Bo-ra | Single List]

It was revealed that Son Ye-jin and Hyun Bin are adding warmth to their acquaintances by calling them directly ahead of their wedding this month.

Son Ye-jin and Hyun Bin, who developed into lovers while working together in the movie 'Negotiation' and the drama 'Crash Landing on You', will hold a wedding ceremony at a hotel somewhere in Seoul on the 30th.

According to an entertainment industry official, the two have not yet sent out a wedding invitation. 

However, after the news of the marriage was revealed through the media, he called and greeted family, relatives and acquaintances who would be invited as guests to the wedding.

After the announcement of the marriage, the two people's every move is paying keen attention. Not only foreshadowing, but also meeting and wedding venues are being exposed through eyewitness accounts and reports.

http://www.slist.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=336128

• Like 1

https://zapzee.net/2022/03/04/thirty-nine-to-have-a-one-week-hiatus-with-kill-heel-slated-to-premiere-next-week/
‘Thirty-Nine’ to Have a One-Week Hiatus With ‘Kill Heel’ Slated to Premiere Next Week

by Changhyun Kim

FB7F5806-4987-41B3-88DA-54CFA20EB7D0.web
Credit: JTBC, tvN

JTBC’s Thirty-Nine will be having a one-week hiatus.

The 7th and 8th episodes will not air on their usual time slot on March 8th and 9th due to the broadcast of South Korea’s presidential election. Instead, JTBC will air a special broadcast titled About Thirty-Nine, which sums up episodes 1 through 6. As it became hard for the network to air the 7th and 8th episodes as scheduled, they decided not to air the episodes two times in a row but to take a break for the new viewers to binge-watch the show.

Meanwhile, tvN’s new drama Kill Heel is slated to premiere on the 9th. Featuring Kim Ha Neul, Lee Hye Young, and Kim Sung Ryung, the show centers on the endless desires and struggles of three women who are blinded by ambition and jealousy in the world of home shopping.

While Kill Heel was expected to join Thirty-Nine in a tight race for ratings next week, the competition has been postponed to March 16th due to the brief cancellation of Thirty-Nine. Many are paying attention to how the one-week hiatus would affect the viewership ratings for the two shows.

Thirty-Nine will resume its run on the 16th.

Source (1)

Translator Changhyun Kim: Hello, K-pop, K-drama, and K-movie lovers! I will provide you with accurate and reliable Korean Entertainment news.

——

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2022/03/04/entertainment/television/Something-in-the-Rain-iQIYI-China/20220304162714731.html
'Something in the Rain' lands in top 10 on China's iQIYI

BY SHIN MIN-HEE [shin.minhee@joongang.co.kr] | March 4, 2022

The poster for ″Something in the Rain″ in China [IQIYI]
The poster for ″Something in the Rain″ in China [IQIYI]

JTBC’s hit romance television series “Something in the Rain” (2018) landed within the top 10 most popular shows on Chinese over-the-top video platform iQIYI on Friday.

The show, which was recently approved by the Chinese government to stream in the country, has been available on iQIYI since Thursday.

The show debuted at No. 9 on the ranking of most popular shows on the same day.

As of Friday, the show ranks at No. 7.

It is the first time a Korean drama series has been available on iQIYI since KBS’s television series “Descendants of the Sun” (2016), which was released in China soon after its release in Korea.

China imposed a tacit ban on Korean content in 2017 after Korea deployed the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (Thaad) antimissile system, and since then it has been difficult to stream Korean content within mainland China.

The show was put up for review in January and gained the Chinese National Radio and Television Administration’s (NRTA) approval a month after.

"Something in the Rain" stars actors Son Ye-jin and Jung Hae-in and has recently been confirmed for an Indian remake.

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20220304000755
Chinese netizens criticize iQiyi for releasing Korean drama “Something in the Rain”

By Song Seung-hyun (ssh@heraldcorp.com) | Mar 4, 2022

Poster of “Something in the Rain” on iQiyi, one of the top three Chinese broadcasting and video sharing platforms (iQiyi)

Chinese streaming platform iQiyi is feeling the heat from netizens in China for showing the Korean drama “Something in the Rain,” the first Korean series to have received approval by Beijing in five years.

Netizens took to China’s Twitter-like Weibo to complain about iQiyi’s decision to start airing on the show on its platform. 

“(Korean dramas) can stay banned … Why are you starting this?” one user commented on iQiyi’s Weibo post. The comment received more than 49,000 “likes.”

“There are so many dramas that are not on the platform and you choose to stream a Korean drama? Take it down quickly,” another comment read.

Another said, “Has the Korean content restriction been lifted? Do we not have any of our Chinese dramas? I am speechless. After this Winter Olympics, all my goodwill toward South Korea has disappeared.” 

“Something in the Rain,” which has been available on iQiyi from Thursday, became the first Korean drama in about five years to win approval from the Chinese broadcasting regulatory authority National Radio and Television Administration (NRTA). Since 2017, Beijing has imposed a tacit ban on Korean content in response to Seoul’s decision to deploy the US THAAD anti-missile system.

Korean fantasy romance drama “Saimdang: Memoir of Colors” was also aired in China in January, but it was approved by the NRTA before the retaliatory action began in November 2016.

On Friday, the 16-part JTBC drama series made it to the list of top 10 popular content on iQiyi, one of the top three Chinese broadcasting and video sharing platforms. A Chinese remake of “Something in the Rain” will also be streamed on iQiyi, the platform announced in May.

The romance drama, starring top star Son Ye-jin and rookie actor Jung Hae-in, tells the story of Yoon Jin-ah (played by Son), a single woman in her 30s who works as a store supervisor in a coffee shop. Yoon, who finds her peaceful life sometimes frivolous, unexpectedly falls in love with her best friend’s younger brother, Seo Joon-hee (played by Jung). The series has enjoyed popularity here, having reached a viewership rate of 7.3 percent.

Despite the barrage of negative public opinion in China about the show, some Korean industry insiders see the drama’s release in China as signaling a positive change in Beijing’s stance on Korean content. 

Since 2017, Korean contents have been barred from not only video streaming platforms but also China’s TV networks and cinemas as well.

Jang Seong-hwan, head of the Beijing Office of the Korea Copyright Commission, told local media that he is expecting to see more Korean content getting the green light in China in the near future.

• Love 1