Date of airing : 9th June'10 ~

Time of airing : Wed ~ Thurs { 21:45 ~ 22:45 } Korean time

Official site : http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/takku/

Official KBS world site : Bread, Love and Dreams

Premiere on KBS World : 7th July'10

Eps: 30

Scriptwriter: Kang Eun Kyung

Producer: Han Jun Seo

Cast : Yoon Shi Yoon, Eugene, Lee Young Ah, Jeon Gwang Ryul, Jeon In Hwa, Joo Won, Park Sang Myung

Lee Han Wie, Park Sung Woong, Oh Jae Moo, Shin Dong Woo, Ha Seung Ri, Jun Mi Seon

Story : Although Kim Tak Goo is the illegitimate son of SAMHWA Enterprise's President, Koo Il Jong and his mistress, he was made the successor of his father due to his extreme talent in baking. However, Tak Goo's inheritance rights were taken away due to a conspiracy planned by his father's legitimate wife and half-siblings. With his great determination to succeed and become the number one baker king in the baking industry, Tak Goo drives himself to rebuild his career from scratch. More hardships and pain comes along in his way as he strives harder to reach his goal when he is caught between two women. The first love who will betray him for her own interest and the other woman who will stand by him through everything despite being hurt.

201005250909461001_1.jpg

Trivial Notes : The drama models after the life-story of Paris Baguette's president, Heo Young In.

: The first six eps of this drama will be focusing on the main characters' childhood, the adults versions of the leads will appeared only from ep.7 onwards.

: The drama'll spans from the 70s to 90s.

===================

Drama Characters

sub01_img04.jpg

sub01_cast01.jpg

Kim Tak Goo (Yoon Shi Yoon) [ Male : (12 years old, 23 years old ~ early thirties ]

Although he is the eldest son of Food baking industry legend Gae Seong Enterprise's President "Koo Il Jong", he is much hated by his father's legitimate family as he is the son of Koo Il Jong's mistress despites his talent in baking.

He was eventually dethroned from his rights to succeed his father due to a conspiracy and had to start building up his career again right from the bottom, facing many difficulties and trials. Upon learning how to combine management and baking, he begins his way on building his business empire.

sub01_cast02.jpg

Koo Ma Jun [Adult] (Joo Won) - Koo Il Jong's second son

Temperamental and inconsistent, once he has his mind set on anything, he'll find every way and means to get whatever he wants or fulfilling any promise he makes to himself. He was supposed to be his father's successor if his half-brother, Tak Goo didn't appeared. Feeling jealous of his brother's talents and his position, Ma Jun enters the baking world to get his father's approval but ended up with countless setbacks due to being his lack of talent. Ma Jun often have the feeling of wanting to crush his brother which eventually leads him to an unfortunate end.

sub01_cast03.jpg

Yang Mi Sun (Lee Young Ah)

Yang Mi Sun is a Patissier who works along with Tak Goo after his inheritance was taken away from him as both of them are learning their baking skills from her grandfather. She dreams of being a Paris-Blanc owner of absolute taste although she is working in a rural area bakery and has been baking since she was five. She used to think that Tak Goo as her rival at first, she falls in love with Tak Goo due to his nice personality.Being the complete opposite of Yu Kyung, Mi Sun values her friendship, love and family above anything else and is willing to sacrifice herself for the sake of others. Although her kind virtues eventually captured the heart of Kim Tak Goo, she is also subjected to the bullying of Shin Yu Kyung.

sub01_cast04.jpg

Shin Yu Kyung (Eugene)

She is the first love of Tak Goo who had suffered extreme poverty and violence during her childhood because of her alcoholic father. Yu Kyung who has always wanted a better life, choose to marry Tak Goo's half-brother "Ma Jun" and got trapped into a loveless marriage after she threw away love in place of getting power after Tak Goo's inheritance was taken away. She later became known as the both ruthless and elegant lady to everyone who crosses path with her.

The Koo family

Koo Il Jong (Jeon Gwang Ryul) : Gae Seong Enterprise's President

Believing that being diligent can overcome everything and get the best results if anyone is willing to work hard, Il Jong is both conservative and strict to everyone around him. A legend in the baking industries, he chooses his eldest son, Tak Goo as his successor despite the fact that he is his illegitimate son due to his inborn baking talents. However, his decision causes a rift and hatred between Tak Goo and his other three half-siblings as his wife plots to take back everything that was given to Tak Goo. He ended up losing everything he owns as well due to the ploting of Han Seung Jae who has been waiting for the chance to get back at him.

Seo In Sook : Koo Il Jong's wife (Jeon In Hwa)

When she got rid of Kim Mi Sun 12 years ago for giving to her husband's illegitimate son, she wasn't planning for the boy to return and announce that he is the son of Koo In Jong at his birthday party in front of everyone. Prideful and stubborn In Sook kicked out Tak Goo and schemes to protect the inheritances for her own three children. Despite looking elegant and sophisticated, In Sook is actually a sly scheming woman who becomes the driving force behind Ma Jun to push him to the top.

Han Seung Jae (Jung Sung Mo)

Although he is the right-hand man of Koo Il Jong and stayed in the same house with the Koo family, he was once the first love of Seo In Sook before she got married to Koo In Jong. Being seemingly more loyal to In Sook than his actual boss "Koo In Jong", he helps her to scheme against Kim Tak Goo but in actual fact, his own aroused ambitions will ended up causing the downfall of Gae Seong Enterprise.

Koo Ja Kyung (Choi Ja Hye) : Koo Il Jong's eldest daughter

Diligent, responsible and strong, she is most similar to Koo In Jong's character among all his children. Being in the second position to succeed her father in their family business, she is unable to accept Tak Goo although she always has a soft spot for her family members as it pushes her further away from the succeeding position.

Koo Ja Rim (Choi Yun Young)

She is spoilt youngest daughter of Koo family who is always creating trouble as she always neglected in the family for being the unwanted second daughter. She met Yu Kyung during the student movements and bringing them together in an ill fate.

Madam Hong (Jung Hye Sun)

She has always closed an eye towards Il Jong's liking for Kim Mi Sun as all she wanted was a boy to succeed their family business which drove In Sook to have an affair with Han Seung Jae to produce a "heir" for the Koo family.

The Yang Family

Yang In Mok (Park Sang Myung)

In Mok is the father of Mi Sun who is also known as the master of dough. Due to the pleas of his only daughter, In Mok helps out Tak Goo when he is in need of help. He trains his daughter and Tak Goo really hard, hoping to bring out the best in them.

Oh Doo Yong {Teacher/Master Pal Bong} (Jang Hang Seon)

He is a highly skilled baker who is known as a baking god who created his own baking system and a unique living legend as the last descendant of a merchant. He takes in Tak Goo as his student after saving him for the jaws of death.

Oh Young Ja (Hwang Mi Sun)

She is Mi Sun's mom and she is a the master of calculation. Being always cute and cheerful, she always gives Mi Sun and Tak Goo encouragements and words of wisdom.

Choi Jin Ku (Park Sung Woong)

He is responsible for dough in his current job. As he is also a student of Master Pal Bong, he tends to look out for and monitor Tak Goo's progress in baking. But he becomes emboiled accidentally in the scheme against Tak Goo and gets into a conflicting position.

Heo Gap Soo (Lee Han Wie)

Although he is known as the bread plant manager where Tak Goo works at, he is actually a master in old-fashioned cakes making as he is also a student of Master Pal Bong. Being a busybody by nature, he tends to poke his nose into almost everything around him as long as he got to know about them. He feels really nervous that Tak Goo is going to take over his position to succeed Pal Bong

Ko Jae Bok ~ (Park Yong Jin)

He is the youngest student of Master Pal Bong at the bakery and is the crush of Yang Mi Sun.

Others

Kim Mi Sun : Kim Tak Goo's real mother (Jun Mi Seon)

She was working as a maid in the Goo's family before she was kicked out by Seo In Sook for giving birth to Tak Goo who is her husband's illegitimate son.

===================

Must Read!! and follow!!

01.Soompi code of conduct

02.Do not post request for Subs. Do not request for Vids either. Just dled from what the other soompiers provide you.

Do not post requests for any bt seedings of any vids links as Soompi is not responsible for any of them

Do not request of translations of any kind, as translations are done by our fellow soompiers' free will.

Use the online google translator. http://translate.google.com if you want to read the basic translations of any news in korean.

Anyone who posts these kind of requests, spam or break any of soompi forum rules will be reported to the mods immediately without any warning given.

03.Do not steal any download links from AJA-AJA and paste them out to Soompi or another site.

Go directly to the aja-aja site if you want to dl anything.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.

02.The editing fuction of the forum has already been fixed so you can edit your posts instead of repeating postings thinking that you can't.

03.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.

04.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viikii, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.

05.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods.

06.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their Id reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

====================

Links

Ratings (credit D-addicts)

Nate news link

KBS online streaming link (RAW)

semi-fly's BT links (RAW)

Aja Aja links (RAW) {Must register}

holden's MU links (RAW for 720p)

Baker King links from srajaee

Chi-subs vids

============

Subbing group

WithS2

=============

OST - Credit : musizload

225851.jpg227529.jpg

At the end of the day - V.O.S. / I'll love even if I die - KCM

959951.jpg971555.jpg990257.jpg

That person - Lee Seung Chul / The one person - Bada / Hope is a dream that never sleeps - Kyu Hyun

998858.jpg999430.jpg

For me - Michelle Yu Jin /Oh, love - Eru

1000067.jpg

01.Only you - Yoon Shi Yoon

02.Love is - Lee Young Ah

03.My love - Joo Won

1016154.jpg

Now go and see - Code-V

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest almontel

So the casts have been confirmed?

oh my...i'm glad to see SH in another role...will she be the kindhearted gf who stays by his side thru thick and thin...

i wonder who the other girl will be.

thanks for sharing!

Guest stoolker

thanks for sharing too! who is the other girl besides psh, and also wonder which girl psh will play. wow the childhood story is going to be really long! cast looks good!

Guest nu2me

interesting storyline. wow 30 episodes. will catch this kdrama. Can't wait to learn more. Thanks for posting. Super excited that the beautiful and talented Park Shin Hye will be in it. Great casts.

a June 9th broadcast that will be soon enough. :)

Guest ForbiddenJell02

OMO, I wonder if this really for real?!

I happy that Shin Hye is going to be in a new drama soon,

but I afraid and don't want to get too excited until everything got finalize eg. seeing her in presscon or shooting or whatever in term of concrete confirmation.

I'll surely anticipating this drama if she's really in it! :)

Guest red_pansy

Park Shin Hye has been confirmed? i haven't seen any piece of news about it?

will she act as the female leading role who always attend to the protagonist,Kim Tak Goo?

i know there is anthor female role who is Kim Tak Goo's first love,but she will dump him when he is in the most difficult situation.maybe she is a negative character.

i think the second female role is more challenging and attractive.

Guest kaedejun

whoa - i'm amazed that this drama really is happening! i hadn't heard it anywhere else!

i had the same question as red_pansy - i'm really hoping PSH plays the positive female lead rather than the one who betrayed him. it would be interesting to see her play against type, but she did that in goong s already - and i was under the impression that she didn't do it THAT well... then again, it could have just been the writing and drama overall...

Guest kreAsian

PARK SHIN HYE?! PARK SHIN HYE?! PARK SHIN HYE?! PARK SHIN HYE?!

ZOMG I REALLY CAN'T WAIT!!!

Guest natisa

Can anybody confirm this yet? is she really gonna star in this pieces? What's her next move? :huh:

Guest .:daRkwinGs:.

i'll be looking forward for this one...

but the plot seems to be ok...but i'll watch it anyways...

Guest yeohweping

20100506095643855.jpg

http://news.nate.com/view/20100506n05930

Lee Young A makes her comeback to KBS after 2 years as the female lead of Baker King, Kim Tak Goo.

She will be playing the character "Yang Mi Seon" who has a love-line with Kim Tak Goo played by Yoon Si Yoon.

Park Shin Hye's name was mentioned as the other female lead in DC.

Guest red_pansy

LYA has been confirmed,i am satisfied with the cast.

But she is order than YSY,still cradle-snatcher...

Guest winnter

^aww i really like both LYA and Shinhye (im assuming she's part of the cast? >.>). this is going to be hard..

edit its great to see LYA back after so long. missed her since Iljimae.

Guest greybunny

Is PSH still on the cast list? Does that mean she will play the "first love who will betray him for her own interest" ?

Wow.. a negative role ?

appreciate any news update on the casting ~ thanks

Guest red_pansy

LYA act as Kim Tae Goo's first love?

as far as i know,who will act as first love hasn't been confirmed,and fans on DC said LYA doesn't play the first leading female role.

that means the one who will betray KTG is the first leading female role.

I'm quite confused!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Q_Park

I heard that Eugene was rumored to be in this drama but the netizens don't know whether Eugene or Lee Young-ah is the main female lead...

- Kyu

Archived