Catching Your Mom Going Through Your Purse

taebins_luver

-i feel weird

most recently my mom's had some financial problems, and i love her, i do,

so here and there i give her 100 bucks when i can, and if i can't, i don't,

and she knows too that i can't really drop bills like i'm rich or something, so she doesn't demand it either.

well, yesterday i visited my little sister for her bday,

and walking passed my sisters room, i caught my mom digging through my purse,

but i didn't say anything, because it was weird,

it's making me feel guilty that i don't give her enough,

so, should i ask my mom if she needs some money,

or am i just making too much of my mom going through my purse?

Guest muffinx3

Maybe she was looking for some chapstick or something? ):

But if you're worried, you should ask her if she needs some money. :/

I hope things turn out better for your mom.

well, how old are you? if you can drop 100 every now and then, i'd assume u work enough to make money to support ur gas and food needs and stuff...

so if ur over 20, ur a grown adult and if ur parent is looking through your purse, maybe you should say somthing. just be nice and ask if the family is financially stable.

Guest kidfromkorea

I don't think it had to do with money, you're probably thinking that because of past experiences when you're mom needed financial help.

Next time, you see her doing stuff like that just ask her "Do you need anything?"

If she is embarrarsed and says that she needed money, just tell her that she can just ask you and you'll be willing to give it to her when you can.

Maybe she was looking for some chapstick or something? ):

if only.

this really wasn't the first time it happened.

the first time, i just brushed it off because i thought, hey, maybe one of my nephews went through my purse and she was just closing it up,

but this time, i literally saw her opening up my wallet, toss it back in and zip the purse, even though it was zipped when i left it.

well, how old are you? if you can drop 100 every now and then, i'd assume u work enough to make money to support ur gas and food needs and stuff...

so if ur over 20, ur a grown adult and if ur parent is looking through your purse, maybe you should say somthing. just be nice and ask if the family is financially stable.

i'm 24, and yes, i make enough to take care of myself.

i know my mom isn't finacially stable, and she hasn't been for that last year now

that's why i give her 100 bucks every now and then because it's basically all i can afford.

*i feel like i'm such a horrible person because i know my mom needs money, and i can't give it to her*

I don't think it had to do with money, you're probably thinking that because of past experiences when you're mom needed financial help.

If she is embarrarsed and says that she needed money, just tell her that she can just ask you and you'll be willing to give it to her when you can.

i always tell her that i'm sorry i can't give her more than a simple 100 bucks,

and she always tells me it's okay, and i don't have much, she knows i'm working hard and whatnot,

but i feel like, 'oh man, my mom raised me from nothing, and i can't even give her anything'

so i try really hard to give her money every time i see her, which is rarely too

i duno, i don't like to approach my mom with the idea that i caught her going through my purse.

it's just embarrassing on my part, and a little on her part, because she is my mother,

and i know she has financial needs too that i can't fullfill as her daughter.

Guest Fascinated_By

That sounds so awful for what your mom did.

Maybe you should just ask your mom what she was looking for.

Maybe start with that?

Guest feyfey

it is weird catching your mother going through your purse, you don't know what her real intentions are. maybe she thinks you have more money to give but you don't want to give too much. it's best to just ask her what's up. why the need to dig thru someones purse.

well, remember family is family. suffer together, strive together. just let her know that you got her back. she'll be sure to appreciate it and it will probably motivate her to really give it her all.

good luck to u guys, i been there, i feel you.

Guest wowwh

Aw geez. : ( I'm sorry to hear about that...

you sound like a really good daughter though!

Hm, you should remind her that you guys are family

and should be able to ask for anything when you need it. : (

Good luck and I hope things get better

Guest <3StrawberryPocky<3

Oh man, our family is going through the same thing, only my parents haven't asked me for help yet because I'm just 15. I noticed our financial situation through our empty refrigerator though. I really wish I was older, could drive, or get a real job to help because it's frustrating to see them struggle, and it feels like I'm leeching off of them without anything to offer back. :( All I can say is just to confront her, despite how embarrassed the both of you might feel. See if she's looking for anything in particular in your purse, or if you really think it's money, then just continue giving her the $100 every now and then since it's all you can afford. Maybe you can sell some clothes on soompi or ebay to get more money, or just send your mom a $20 allowance every week instead? Good luck!

Guest supertammie

Maybe she was checking to see if you had money before asking you for some? If it were me, I'd save more to give to her and wait and see if she goes through my purse again.

Was anything missing from the purse?

Guest _unnie_24_

Yes, i agree. You should talk it out with your mum just to find out if she needs some more money.

If she needs more money, you could always remind her that you are family, and it would be better way to talk it straight out instead of going through your purse.

• 2 weeks later...

shes ur mum

if shes diggin thru ur purse then shes desperate...

talk to her.. see wat the problem is.. she could have a serious problem?

Archived