[Drama 2010] Bad Guy/Bad Boy 나쁜남자

Guest denzai

Guest cityyoung

Bad Guy has shortened from 20 episodes to 17 episodes coz Kim Nam Gil is to be listed for the army soon. He was not granted for an extension. So yeah, that's why the story is being cut down alot... ><

The news that Bad Guy has shortened from 20 episodes to 17 episodes is not correct. Based on what Oh Yeon-Soo (staring in TR) confirmed in her interview, the drama initially planned to make 16 episodes and all actors and actress contracted for 16 episodes. According to her interview, the drama has been extended to 17 episodes rather than finish in 16 episodes and KNG completely finished filming his part before enlisted in the army.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone knows the classic song played in the Mask exhibition of Mdm Shin, when GW and TR was in the changing room?

It's the aria 'Lascia ch'io pianga' from Handel's Opera Rinaldo. Perhaps best known through the way if figured in a key scene in the Belgian movie Farinelli: Il Castrato, a scene which that masked party at the Mme Shin's gallery plainly borrows from (Search YT for Farinelli and/or Rinaldo and you'll find some clips). BTW, the orchestral pieces in the OST are all variations on Handel's theme, so its no surprise when it turns up in its original guise.

Guest lamperouge

Anyway, the worst ending, I'm afraid, would be for my lovely couple - GW-TR! tears.giftears.giftears.gif If there's poll to vote for favourite drama couple - I vote for GW-TR!!!

GW-JI - I can't buy their love - from GW: yes, from JI: no. What made it worse was HGI's acting. I think the role of JI was more than her skill. The role written by the writer was only a part, the skill of the actress would be another part to make the role fulfill. That another part, HGI coudn't do it. It's more pleasant to what JI-TS because JI role with TS was easier to act - not much "stress" and "tense" as when JI with GW. She couldn't play the "fire" for their relationship.

By the way, does anybody else think that JI's clothes are really terrible? Each part of the clothes were not that bad (on the base that JI was a poor girl), but the combination of the clothes made JI inelegant and ugly (to be an art-related profession). That's a pity because her face is quite pretty.

Yeah I just don't buy Jae In's love for Gun Wook at all. It's almost like the writers just created a character to be Gun Wook's love interest and wrote scenes of them together expecting everyone to support them since they're supposed to be the main couple. :x That's what I feel like at least. Jae In's confession felt totally out of place imo and I agree that they were just spurred out of greed. She was hurt/jealous after seeing GW make out with TR.

I love Jae In and Tae Sung scenes bc they're super cute together. And yeah there's more of a natural chemistry between Han Ga In and Kim Jae Wook as compared to Kim Nam Gil and Han Ga In. I also like TS-JI scenes because they feel relaxed and natural and the writing doesn't feel forced between them. Even when she was using him she was still herself around him. And I know JI-GW understand each other and can sincere with each other and all but eh. I just still don't believe them to be a romantic pairing.

I liked Jae In's outfits at first but they've been steadily getting worse. And the clothes she wears are totally not work appropriate at all.

It's the aria 'Lascia ch'io pianga' from Handel's Opera Rinaldo. Perhaps best known through the way if figured in a key scene in the Belgian movie Farinelli: Il Castrato, a scene which that masked party at the Mme Shin's gallery plainly borrows from (Search YT for Farinelli and/or Rinaldo and you'll find some clips). BTW, the orchestral pieces in the OST are all variations on Handel's theme, so its no surprise when it turns up in its original guise.

And, the lyrics seem most appropriate for this drama:

Let me weep over my cruel fate

And sigh for my lost freedom

May the pain shatter the chains

Of my torments just out of mercy

And sigh for my lost freedom.

Also, the OST complements each scene very well.

Guest eatnsnooze

OMG. Now you reminded me, it's more possible that GW is the biological son of president Hong, the real Hong Tae Sung! Since all the kissing with TR won't be incest with TR not being president Hong's biological daughter. Now I'm really positive of this. And I'm guessing that the male secretary did the switch out of loyalty to president Hong so as to protect young GW. And I think only the housemaid knew about this and Madam Shin is kept

Yup I am beginning to believe that president hong is GW's biological father. Though I am also beginning to think that both TS and GW are the real hong tae sung...they are fraternal twins! Kya hahahaha!

Guest calderonbr

The news that Bad Guy has shortened from 20 episodes to 17 episodes is not correct. Based on what Oh Yeon-Soo (staring in TR) confirmed in her interview, the drama initially planned to make 16 episodes and all actors and actress contracted for 16 episodes. According to her interview, the drama has been extended to 17 episodes rather than finish in 16 episodes and KNG completely finished filming his part before enlisted in the army.

Sorry, but I think you are mistaken. According to Dramabeans back on July 12th there is an article titled which states the drama was originally 20 episodes and was cut down to 17 when he was not given an extension.

Bad Guy broadcast cut to 17 episodes

July 12th, 2010 // by javabeans

Here's the web site

http://www.dramabeans.com/2010/07/bad-guy-broadcast-cut-to-17-episodes/

Guest belva

Yup I am beginning to believe that president hong is GW's biological father. Though I am also beginning to think that both TS and GW are the real hong tae sung...they are fraternal twins! Kya hahahaha!

lol! I know you're kidding but it would be so awesome if they are twins :lol: The parents must have wonderful genes to produce 2 men who are so sexy and attractive.

About the number of episodes, from what I've followed and understood, it seems that when they initially signed the contract many months ago during pre-production, they have planned for only 16 episodes - this is according to OYS's tweet. So probably after finalizing the contract and everything, mid way or in the early stages they decided to have 20 episodes instead, thus it was officially announced as a 20 ep drama. But when KNG's enlistment news came out, it was than cut back to 17 episodes and in order to prevent people from misunderstanding that KNG is at fault, OYS tweet and release the news that it was initially (in the very early stages) only planned for 16 episodes, and is what the actors have signed on for. So yup, I might be wrong but that's from what I've understood ^_^

Some gifs I love from KNG's cafe. Best 'couples' in the drama :wub:

29051019.gif

72511604.gif

57323472.gif

83334898.gif

I totally agree with you. I'm also huge fan of GW-TR, and watching their romantic scenes are just soooooo great, comparing to GW-JI.

However, with the storyline, I think GW only used TR as part of his plan, when we see his face after those "scenes" with her - either a smirk or a relief, only later on he showed a bit different - maybe he started to feel a pity for her??

Only when he's with JI, he's more of his real self. Because he didn't have to "act" in front of her, he didn't have to pretend he's someone else, so naturally he became relax and close to her, felt that he now had a real friend - after loosing the sister SY, and of course, his feeling to JI develop. Unfortunately for him, JI was so much a materialistic girl, she liked GW, but she liked more a better material life. Additionally, she seemed not to understand GW much --> she left him when he was lonely to go to TS, she stood on TS side when talking about SY's death. Therefore, to JI: TS with money is more attractive to her than GW.

So, can say that the feeling of GW to JI was more than JI to GW. Her jealousy when she saw him kissing TR was just showing her greed. After saying "I like you" to GW, what did she do? She continued appear with TS! Visiting TS's father in hospital - it only meant one thing: she didn't give up TS for GW yet! JI was a determined girl, she knew what she wanted - so if she really wanted GW, there'd be no TS. However...

I suppose the writer wants to make JI a nicer girl, when showing JI from beginning only for TS's money but gradually also had feelings with him (whether it's love/like/sympathy) :-)

Poor GW, the Bad Guy, he played on other women's feelings and in return he didn't get real love.

With the development of the story, I guess the sad ending is the most "logical" ending.

Wasn't GW longing for love? but he had destroyed/done bad things to others, so till the end he wouldn't get love, but got punishment instead.

TR - the vulnerable woman who had devoted all her life for her family, now the first time in her life she could know what was love, had the courage to fight for love. What would her life be when the truth was revealed? That would destroy her totally.

JI - the materialistic girl, would she realize that there are more things in life than running after money? Or would she only realize that after she lost something/someone more valuable then she thought (GW)? But to such kind of girl like JI, I doubt that she would realize it earlier.

TS - he had suffered all a long and only now, thanks to JI, to GW, to what happened in his family, that he started to grow up and independent. Would JI continue by his side?

Anyway, the worst ending, I'm afraid, would be for my lovely couple - GW-TR! tears.giftears.giftears.gif If there's poll to vote for favourite drama couple - I vote for GW-TR!!!

GW-JI - I can't buy their love - from GW: yes, from JI: no. What made it worse was HGI's acting. I think the role of JI was more than her skill. The role written by the writer was only a part, the skill of the actress would be another part to make the role fulfill. That another part, HGI coudn't do it. It's more pleasant to what JI-TS because JI role with TS was easier to act - not much "stress" and "tense" as when JI with GW. She couldn't play the "fire" for their relationship.

originally the tandem is JI and GW in the story however I notice there's a lot of people here who are rooting for GW and TR as well. I'm one of them. The TR and GW tandem is getting a lot of good responses because they delivered their acting really well. I really commend Kim Nam Gil and Oh Yeon Soo for that. Most of the time people would react negatively if the woman is older but with the way OYS portrayed her vulnerable role she looked so amazing and dignified. Also, Kim Nam Gil is just flexible in using his charms to have good chemistry with OYS. They have so much depth and experience in their personality (KNG and OYS) that it comes out naturally for them when they act. :P:D:sweatingbullets:

I really find Han Ga-In really pretty however there are some shots in the drama particularly heavy scenes that requires a great amount of depth and emotions that I can't feel her as if it is blank. I'm a bit disappointed and wished she could have done more in that scene...sorry to Ga In's fans... :rolleyes: peace!!!

Kudos to OYS and KNG!!!

Guest itsonlykat

And, the lyrics seem most appropriate for this drama:

And sigh for my lost freedom

May the pain shatter the chains

And sigh for my lost freedom.

Also, the OST complements each scene very well.

Do you know which exact version appeared in the mask gallery exhibition?

Here's the different versions: http://search.4shared.com/q/1/Lascia%20Ch%27io%20Pianga

Guest jolie_coeur

who have the last music in the ep 15 when Shim Gun Wook come before song of ending

when Moon Jae In say that's word bocochiba

the music have style assassin's like some one have sword

it's really amazing music  

please help me i want this music so much

on youtube you'll find it. just search bad guy ost

Guest eatnsnooze

lol! I know you're kidding but it would be so awesome if they are twins :lol: The parents must have wonderful genes to produce 2 men who are so sexy and attractive.

Actually, i'm not really kidding...I stole the idea from other shows to make everything sound more dramatic. kekeke :rolleyes: (But if you think about it, all their other children are pretty darn attractive, too...TR, MN, and even TY)

But I think mostly, I'm not exactly sure what the situation is with the President Hong's illegitimate child and adoption is. It seems that the woman that President Hong had an affair with most likely died or gave up her child for adoption (hence I'm inclined to believe that neither GW's mother nor TS's mother in Japan are the "real mothers"). In that case, I don't even know how President Hong discovered that he had an illegitimate child out there. Or rather, how did Madame Shim even find GW and decide to use him as a "replacement" TS? Did she go by birth year or was she just looking for kids by the name of "Tae Sung"? Bleh. I don't know if they'll ever clarify this up. But don't be surprised if they pulled the "they're twins" plotline on us :sweatingbullets:

me too..I'm a big fan of hers!!

You should check out "La Dolce Vita" from a couple of years ago.  She really demonstrated her acting because she was the main lead of that drama and had the most screen time.    A tour de force of acting! 

And, that drama also had an wonderful soundtrack.  Beautifully filmed and great script.

Be warn that it is a drama with 'dark' tones.  However, the ending was quite satisfactory, unless you are an ardent 'shipper'. 

Do you know which exact version appeared in the mask gallery exhibition?

Here's the different versions: http://search.4share...h%27io%20Pianga

Sorry, I don't know which version they used.  But, the version I like best is sung by Cecilia Bartoli.

Guest cjshin

The bounding scene between the two TSses was really touching, even thought I found it quite funny for two well grown men to be seating on a bench enjoying their ice cone and what’s wrong with the sunglasses (“awkward”, I find that the writers really rush this part, the gallery’s exhibition bench scene was more meaningful, but overall it was quite simple and it did left an impression in me) :) .

GW’s bro speech to TS was interesting as well, at first he states that he’s not the bro type, but then he points out all TS’s weaknesses and told him not to act like a depressed kiddo who can’t get attention, that was so truthful. Personally, I find his last advice quite ironic, if GW asked TS not to trust anyone, so should TS take his “not-to-be-weak” advise at all” (LOL).

Can’t anyone still remembers GW’s sad scene when he was in the boat after his near drowning experience, that part really gave tears in my eyes, And after all 13 episode, he finally did that again with the scene of him reaching for the SUN, ahhh… that was so sad.

I got a major question, after watching episode 14 where the guy point out that GW’s

Mute dad isn’t his biological father??????????? Why does it matter, so since they point it out, then whose GW’s biological father? Will it play any roll in the ending?

And thnx those who posted the GIF pics, their my favorite :D

the sunglasses in the scene.......:D

they were the sunglasses Taera gave him........:D

i really wish GW and TR could run off to a different country and love there...

also in the scene where TR found out GW was his "ex-brother", she protected the "brother".

She said "he was such a pure and nice guy. it's not possible"

and then the mother went all crazy at her and said "you were too nice and close to that child compared to everyone else in the house"

hehe maybe he isn't fully using her if she was nice to him during his TS days...

Guest missbehave

I should be chasing deadlines but it's like my brain is on hold till Thurs.

So I guess the clues are so obvious that the drama-makers are just falling short of sending us a spoiler email saying that GW is the real HTS.

At the same time though, I have stumbled upon this July 1 article that bears the description of TS's "birth mother" (played by Baek Hyeon-sook), the kind-faced udon seller in Japan.

http://news.jkn.co.kr/article/news/20100701/3547645.htm

"In the drama, TS's birth mother is a woman of sorrowful fate, who was dumped by President Hong when TS turned five, and who for the sake of her son's future went off to live alone in Japan, running a small udon noodle house."

I don't know if at this stage (with the early cut-off and all) that characterization/back-story still holds any meaning, but if it does, allow me to open myself to a barrage of rocks when I speculate that TS's birth mom and President Hong did indeed have a long-term affair.

Which means that Kim Jae-wook's TS could still very well be President Hong's (other?!) biological son.

Admittedly, it's looking like an incredibly tiny hope, but I shall cling to it none the less.

Lord, I couldn't bear it if my beloved TS suffered anymore damage. I mean, apparently this is why he went to the noodle house:

"She doesn't recognize him, but just so he could -even for a short moment- get a closer look at the mother whom he was torn away from, TS fought back tears and forced himself to gulp down the udon."

Gaaahhhhh… *also fighting back tears*

Guest missbehave

Kim Jae-wook was spotted filming outside what appears to be GW’s home - on Saturday, July 31.

So TS found out where GW really lives.

I wonder what else he will find if, or when he gets in.

How they could continue to film the story is a bit puzzling, considering that the protagonist has been away on army duty since… waaaaay back (mid-July, right?).

KJW_20100731.jpg

Source: http://www.cyworld.com/jju413/5057027