what is your country's famous food??

Guest RikoHea

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tICK.tOCK

Australia: lamingtons, vegemite, shepherds pie, pavlova, beer, anzac biscuits... TIMTAMS!!!

Vietnam: Pho lol & other soup and vermicelli noodles

Guest pure.sophiestication

AUSTRALIA

lamingtons

tim-tams

pavlovas

FAIRY BREAD <----- love this stuff!! :wub:

vegemite (hate it)

and our meat pies and damper ;D

Guest tea.polkadots

Vietnam: Pho and Bun Bo Hue.

Hong Kong: 點心 dim sam (蝦餃 har gau - shrimp dumpling, 叉燒包 char siu baau - bun with Canto barbecue pork filling, 燒賣 siu mai - another kind of dumpling, 皮蛋瘦肉粥  pei daan sau ruk juk - Cantonese congee with black eggs, 蛋撻 dan tat - egg tart, 芒果布甸 mong guo bo din - mango pudding...etc.)

I'm hungry.

Guest brinyblue

the country i'm in right now, their famous food is shawarma. Although there are others, like hummus and felafel, shawarma is one that i've seen many people eat.

Its roast chicken, salad and maybe other fillings (sauce, pickle) wrapped in arabic bread/khubz. :D Its delicious!!

i live in san diego california--so i gotta say CARNE ASADA FRIES! yummmm

well im filipino so i guess in general people will like the usuals--adobo,pansit, and lumpia...if we are talking about what i like i have to go with kare kare w/ shrimp paste for condiment yummmmmmm!

• 7 months later...
Guest loverain.

i live in canada so :

-poutine

-maple syrup

-pâté chinois 

peru ;

-ceviche

-lomo saltado <3

-causa

-pollo a la brasa 

Guest hillando

I'm from Finland, and our "famous" foods are so strange xD

First there's the Easter treat called Mämmi: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A4mmi

It literally looks like s*** but it's actually made from rye flour and molasses so it's sweet. I love eating it with milk and a bit of sugar on top.

Then there are different foods made from berries as well as reindeer meat. And maybe Karjalanpaisti? It's a meat dish where you have pork and beef (and sometimes lamb as well as kidneys etc), onion and maybe carrots. It's all poured into a salty broth and heated in the oven for at least 3 hours. The longer the better. It's really good, I swear!

Other than that people are usually surprised when they hear we eat tar candy and ice cream. It has such a nice and smoky flavour though~

Guest shakemyhand

Canada: yeah poutine. Or anything with maple syrup (maple candies? mm) 

India: Butter chicken, naan, chicken curry

Guest dramaandmusic_addict

Hmm I'm Vietnamese so depending what region, Pho or Hu Thieu ^^ Sorry if I spelled that wrong.. I'm a fail of a Viet person =.= jk x)

Anyways for US would be hamburgers and KFC?

And I live in the south so defiantly fried food! At the TX fair there's fried everythign! Like ice cream, twinkies, oreos, ect :DD

Archived