2006 World Cup: 1st knockout stage

edward1849

Guest ginachan

yeah..I want to see that too...

I really wanted argentina to go against brazil in the quarter final... so only one of them has a chance to play in the finals

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest estelle

I CANT BELIEVE ITALY WON WITH THAT GOAL....That was so unfair, imo....

I wanted the Aussies to win cause of Hiddink~-,.-;;

Poor Hiddink ahjushee...sigh... :tears:

THAT WAS NOT A PENALTY!!!

HE TRIPED HIMSELF!!!!!!!

yes what a mofo...my Gawd..i'm SOOO mad

:crazy:

Guest vannushka

Materazzi's red card? In the game, two yellow cards and you're out. That's it. He had two dangerous tackles, and he's gone. Goodbye my lover.

In the end, I think everyone was just hella tired. Including the ref.

I think the majority of PROFESSIONALS who see that so called 'penalty' will see that it wasn't so. O_O.

Like others have said, it seems the ref just wanted to end the game with someone scoring, without extra time. One mistake and the whistle would've been blown. And it just so happened Totti tripped over Neill, who attempted to take the ball away, but MISSED Totti. Who's leg got caught on Neill's.

This probably comes off as a biased opinion, but I stand by it 110%.

Er. No. He got a red card and was sent out, not two yellows. Were you watching?

The penalty is seen by "professionals" was being valid, because they know that Neill shouldn't have gone down before he did. It might have been a harsh decision but it seems more valid than the sending off of Marco Materazzi.

Totti did NOT trip over Neill, Grosso did.

Yes that was a bias opinion. It's funny that you have such a strong opinon yet didn't really watch the game that clearly.

Guest Hunnytokki

Totti, ugh. He's a great player, no doubt, but his dirty plays and tricks are just not complementing that. he got booed by his own fans recently.

yeah, i'm watching the rerun right now. Grosso TRIPPED over Neill. Neill was already down when Gross fell over. That was a rather smart play by Grosso. The ref's decision could've gone either way really.

Guest kittenmasks

I really want Argentina to beat Germany. I know that they are the underdogs and that Germany is the favorite, but I love Argentina's team this year... although the fact that Germany is playing on home soil does tend to affect their game.

Guest Someone1

Argentina will be screwed b/c Germany is the host. There's no way around it.

Socceroos fought really really hard. That bogus call by the refs to help Italy is just corruption at its best. Australia can lament and be sad, but they got a bright future ahead of them. Italy's not gonna win this World Cup playing like that. Unless they get a few more penalties in the last seconds. I felt sorry for Italy in 02 where they were UNFAIRLY knocked out, in 04 where they were unlucky, but now I've lost all my respects for them. They are the pinnacle of cheaters.

Guest JangNaraSarang

Totti, ugh. He's a great player, no doubt, but his dirty plays and tricks are just not complementing that. he got booed by his own fans recently.

yeah, i'm watching the rerun right now. Grosso TRIPPED over Neill. Neill was already down when Gross fell over. That was a rather smart play by Grosso. The ref's decision could've gone either way really.

yeh i agree...unfortunately tho it went against australia since grosso is such a pro....actor :phew:

Guest fantasian

englands been pretty crap at this world cup, owen or no owen.

they've been playing lowly ranked teams and nothings there to show brilliance.

their last game was craptacular.

Guest Volts

argentina vs germany thats going to be one of the best matches 2006 fifa~

True, this game will be one hell of a game, i believe that the winner of this match will win it all

Guest angelfique

i'm still so pissed about the australia vs italy game...that stoopid penalty goal!!arhhh i'm so sad..australia has bad luck with all the refs they've had!! my friend thinks the fifa world cup is rigged^_^funni!! omg...and harry kewell did you see his face??sooooo sad!!

i'm sorry i'm not over this but it just makes me pissed and sad everytime i think that australia could have made it to round 8...

Archived