2006 World Cup: 1st knockout stage

edward1849

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sunshine4ever

Wow, and I slept through it all. Awesome job, France :)

Man, I can't watch these two matches cuz I have work on Friday

57 Fr Jun 30 11am Germany vs Argentina ESPN Univision

58 Fr Jun 30 3pm Italy vs Ukraine ESPN2 Univision

I think Germany and Italy will win.

Guest sortagrownup

Big French supporter here!

Ecstatic about the win, especially since pretty much everyone has written them off. Everyone thought Spain was going to run away with this game. Nearly every single football forum I visit had polls where 60-70% of the voters thought Spain would advance, not to mention being favorites at the betting odds and things like that. I think even the French media didn't think France has a chance of going through (I could be wrong about this). Couple these with the fact that no single underdog has won their match in the Knockout Stage.

But today ... nearly everyone was in top form! I also thought Henry's play acting was distasteful but luckily, Zizou scored the penultimate goal that makes their win not hang on a single goal. In the end, I was just so happy that Zizou gets to hang around for one more game and for him to end his career on a high note. This game gave him that since he played well.

If they lose to Brazil, I actually wouldn't mind. It'll sting, but I'd deal. IMO, if the Brazil from the Brazil-Ghana game faced the France from the France-Spain game, France would actually have a very good chance of winning. But surely, this Saturday's Brazil will be more than prepared. Hope Les Bleus put up a very good fight :)

Guest ginachan

for the southern californians there's a replay on the FRANCE-SPAIN match on the Univision channel ..for those of u who missed it..here's ur chance to watch it

Can't believe Spain lost ... I predicted them to go into the semis. T_T

Brazil owned Ghana. No suprise. Now I believe the people that said Ronaldo was fat. He looked like the biggest player on the field but did a good job nontheless. xD

I'm wearing my Crespo jersey right now - Go ARGENTINA!!! :D :D :D

Guest Hakxzz

Nomore EYECANDYyyy~~~ man....nobody else to look at foh realz......oh wellz...Good job France~ but Get ready for a bigger challenge dudes!!!!

Guest dOotsiez

well done france! they palyed well ^.^ don't think they'll get much further though.

grrrrr...still angry that the socceroos loss, the referee was BLIND!

Guest endlessrain

aww man...I wanted Spain to win. T_T...arghs..Every team I'm rooting for is gone. what the...

same here =\

so ehm go brazil haha

Nomore EYECANDYyyy~~~ man....nobody else to look at foh realz......oh wellz...Good job France~ but Get ready for a bigger challenge dudes!!!!

umm how about portugal...C.ronaldo..hehe? unless u don't like him

even if france loose to brazil..I'm still happy that they got that far...GO ZIDANE :)

Guest ruffluv109

I think Ghana played very very well last nite, especially in the first half. Too bad they have no luck. Anyway, Ghana did very well in this world cup as a first-timer... :)

And yes!!!!!!!!!!! FRANCE won!!!!! GO ZIZOU!!!!!!!!

Guest PHUNK_JEON

I was hoping that Ghana would win but that obviously didn't happen. :( But I'm glad that France won today! :)

Does anyone else think that their coach(Domenech) looks like Antonio Banderas in a way? haha.

I can't wait 'till the England vs. Portugal game! :) Since the game with Portugal vs. Holland was freakin' whack!

Guest chinkboye22

Iker CASILLAS (ESP)

That’s another World Cup gone, another major tournament we let slip away. We’ve thrown ourselves into every match, but we weren’t up to scratch today. We didn’t play as well as we did in our other games and I’m just sorry for the fans that we couldn’t make them happy.

:(

i hope Spain wins Euro 2008, I think it is Raul's last WC :\ too

Guest yoojini

torres was my numero uno eyecandy :tears: , but i still have beckham from england and kaka from brazil. :rolleyes:

Guest ;jenna

Sigh, i'm so bummed Spain's out...

Oh well, go Germany & France! =D Anyone but Brazil! >_< sorry Brazil fans, lol.

Archived