2006 World Cup: 1st knockout stage

edward1849

Guest vannushka

BY THE WAY! The referee in the Italy vs Aus match was NOT italian. He was from Spain.

This whole "blame the referee" business is getting very very old.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ginachan

I think the GK was really tired... it seemed like he had no energy left

that game was really long..more than 2 hours...

Guest Excel

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! I watched the PK at the boba place, (was there just in time for it XD!)

YEAH!! UKRAINE!!! SOO HAPPY they won ^___^

YEAH!!! XDDDD

I really wanted the Switz to experience a BIG LOSS.. and happy they did. >D

(sorry for being too mean here :sweatingbullets:)

Was it just me or was the swiss' goal keeper kinda out of it during the penalty kick? Or were the kicks too hard?

Cuz in some of those kicks from the ukraine, the goal keeper was going the opposite direction from the ball, almost like he was trying to avoid it..

I feel sorry for him. So much pressure for him, and he's probably gonna get blamed for their lost...

ehh it's not entirely the goal keeper's fault.. it's also the players' fault too since none of them made a goal. :x

Guest ginachan

The world cup winner will be Germany. Fifa is fixed.

no way.. :P

have u seen the way germany play this year...they're on fire :)

I hope ITALIA will beat Ukraine..hehehe

Guest nonstop

hope germany wins there the only ones who actually impressed me. im glad UKRAINE won if you know what i mean. swiss were getting way too lucky and there luck wasnt with them today.

Guest crackednut

I sometimes watch the Spanish channel even though I have cable and stuff because the Mexican commentators are more energetic and make the game more exciting. Haha..

Anyway, congrats Ukraine! :)

Spanish commentators are the most entertaining commentators around...I don't know a lick of Spanish, but they're just so funny!

Definitely beat the American ESPN commentators. Like, there was this one guy that just sounded flat out bored to death, EVEN when there was a goal!

...but the British guys on ESPN2 (I think they were both british) weren't too bad.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7LyHDBFBScs&amp...ish%20%20soccer

this guy has amazing wind pipes :lol:

Guest Hunnytokki

i agree~ spanish commentators are the best! they're so enthusiastic about all the teams.

Swiss players were crying. They let it slip so closely. I expected at least 1 goal from Swiss during the pk's. Well, both teams put up a good fight, and the ref did a satisfactory job.

Guest k3nbabeluver

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! I watched the PK at the boba place, (was there just in time for it XD!)

YEAH!! UKRAINE!!! SOO HAPPY they won ^___^

YEAH!!! XDDDD

I really wanted the Switz to experience a BIG LOSS.. and happy they did. >D

(sorry for being too mean here :sweatingbullets:)

ehh it's not entirely the goal keeper's fault.. it's also the players' fault too since none of them made a goal. :x

most of the time goalkeeprs in this situation will try to guess the direction. 50 50 chance

i agree~ spanish commentators are the best! they're so enthusiastic about all the teams.

Swiss players were crying. They let it slip so closely. I expected at least 1 goal from Swiss during the pk's. Well, both teams put up a good fight, and the ref did a satisfactory job.

a lot of the swiss players are very young, inexperienced. and surely they got extremely nervous in this sitation. there was too much time stalling before the first kicker- streller made the shoot out. that was bad for him.

seriously... the whole thing about "korea should have been beated by a winner not a loser" should be put to rest...

Swiss showed that they're a better team...IMO..they didn't let any goals ..and i think that's awesome :P

I REALLY HOPE GERMANY WILL BEAT ARGENTINA

im not saying swiss is bad. its just a natrual saying and thinking. i would rather have korea beaten by a winner. i was rooting for them in this game......but man,,,,,,how could they miss all the penalties.....argh

Guest Lil.Miss.A

ha! after a painful Korean lost the tournament starting to turn my way... mwahahah

Go the Spaniards!!!

Guest annieee

I'm still angry on the Australia vs. Italy game,

"When in the 92nd minute, our defender headed into the area and was taken down for a nailed-on penalty, I think it was something fantastic. There were two fouls on him. He didn't go down under the first and he carried on dribbling and then sustained another clear foul. Does anyone have any doubts about the penalty?" - Marcello Lippi [italian coach]

Guest rapunzel283

^ O_O... *twitch twitch*

It might seem like an easy alternative to blame the ref, but IMO it's totally justified.

Materazzi's red card? In the game, two yellow cards and you're out. That's it. He had two dangerous tackles, and he's gone. Goodbye my lover.

Australia, who got into the round by a lot of luck, pretty much dominated the game. Against Italy. Who have won the WC 3 times. Are considered some of the world's best players. We attacked, and they had a solid defense, despite being a man down. They attacked, and our boys [esp Neill & Chipperfield & Schwarzer] defended as best we could.

In the end, I think everyone was just hella tired. Including the ref.

I think the majority of PROFESSIONALS who see that so called 'penalty' will see that it wasn't so. O_O.

Like others have said, it seems the ref just wanted to end the game with someone scoring, without extra time. One mistake and the whistle would've been blown. And it just so happened Totti tripped over Neill, who attempted to take the ball away, but MISSED Totti. Who's leg got caught on Neill's.

This probably comes off as a biased opinion, but I stand by it 110%.

I'm also sad to lose Hiddink. T_T.

<3

Guest Hunnytokki

Although it was a good game, I think they both needed to have been a little more on the offensive side. Defensive Soccer ain't so exciting to me~

Guest ginachan

even though the Swiss lost to Ukraine..I'm very happy Italia won!

next match..France-Spain..this is a must see match...should be a good one..

It doesn't matter who wins..because I love both team!!

The winner of the World Cup will be decided in the semifinals of England vs Brazil. The end.

No. The winner of the World Cup will be determined by Germany vs. Argentina.

And it will be Spain vs. England not Brazil. ;)

Guest ginachan

as much as I like the Brazilian team..i don't want them to win again...

hopefully spain or germany will win it this year

Archived