Official Seohwa/용서/Yongseo Sweet Potato Couple Thread 1 ♥

hazelnutthursdays

Guest Kerube-Chan

@Lovekin I love your post! Sometimes I agree with, you sometimes I dont but they are very insightful and helpful...

About YH distancing himself (He is more aware of her in a way and been really careful about it), I have noticed that too. But it is not in the bad way, it is like he have discovered he is full of feelings for her and dont know what to do with them and he is been careful around her... That is my opinion, and I am going through something similar and I can relate to him, it is difficult to handle... Maybe he has decided to not do anyhting (for the real side) until WGM has ended... but in between now and the ending of WGM I think he is founding it difficult to control his feelings for her...

Look what happened when they filmed the Banmal Song episode (it was after the ski trip) and the thing that really called my attention in that episode is how he said to her "Dont look at me with your smiling eyes, it makes my heart beat faster" Not accurate but something like that, do you see that, he is a boy who has fallen hard... And I like how the table have turned and SH is the one iniating things and been more open and playful.... :w00t::wub:

Well just time will tell... Oh YH I really can relate to you, I am trying to find a way to handle my feeling too, it is difficult, but in your case I think you have win over 90% of the battle, you just have to decide to take the next step! On my part, I decided to do nothing about it, so I will keep drawning in my misery for a while... :sweatingbullets:

Well thanks for all the sharing!!! I love my goguma family!!! And thank Juhee for the translations!!!

Edit: Thanks Tetsuya for the link!!!

Edit 2: I was comparing my situation with YH and we have the same sintoms (I sound like we are sick... maybe we are... how mushy :wacko: ), well I really cant look the other person in the eye, I have this tendency to grab touch the person I am talking too, specially if they are friends or people close to me at work or school, the thing is in the begining I was able to talk to him while looking him in the eyes and even touch him as I do with everyone else, but now I cant do that, I am in a serious trouble wahhhh :blink: ... YH I understand you!!! I am sending you a virtual Hug... I know you need it!!! I found this interesting in a very strange way.... :ph34r:

Guest fabiistar07

PREVIEW

When snowboarding and Yong was behind her, YEAH it looked like a back hug alright, but i don't think either one of them took it as that. He was just preparing to catch her if she should fall, i don't think he did it purposely to look like a romantic back-hug moment at all, I think he was still in the process of teaching and he had to grab her. :mellow:

and OMGEE you guys srsly?!! i keep reading "bed scene..bed scene" That makes it sound so perverted when WGM is such a G-rated show. :lol: We know Yonghwa wouldn't do anything to ruin her image, the dude looks just worn out. If anything, i wouldn't say the same about the WGM editors, they set it up to look sumthing was gonna go down. lol. I think her or him would probably get up and not sleep together (and i mean SLEEP) cuz that would be like a first in wgm history.

i DO really really wish tho she'd b tempted to just kiss his cheek while he layed tired out like that, but i don't like calling it a Bed Scene. that's so over the top! :lol:

Sorry to cut your post but I have to agree to what you said about the preview since I was thinking the same.

For the skiing part of it I seriously just saw it as Yong trying to help Hyun not to fall again and to get better.

I didn't notice that it looked like a back hug until some people started to mention it. So maybe uri YongSeo didn't think of it as a back hug either :P

For the "bed scene" I really wasn't thinking in a dirty way about it but I guess some people can take it the other way too :sweatingbullets:

Of course nothing that's not G-rated will occur.

I thought it'd be cute to have them sleep in the same room. They can just be in different beds :)

But seriously!!... How much PD-nim loves to tease us ... You see Yong and Hyun in one room, on a bed that could probably be big enough for 3 people and they have 2 pillows~!

It really makes me crazy anxious to see next week's epi :D

Hi lovekin, I just wanted to say that your essay was a treat that left a bittersweet taste on my tongue, or mind on that matter (more on the sweet side though ;) ). The part where you finally mentioned how terribly "awkward" they were on today's episode, I have to say you hit a bull's eye there that made my heart race and ache at the same time. As I watched how reserved and distant YongHwa was with Hyun, evidently by avoiding her gaze or eyes like he used to, I actually felt a little bit disheartened. Where was the Yong who would often utter sweet nothings or the Yong who shyly looks away as he meets Hyun's glimmering eyes?

I started questioning myself whether this is a normal reaction of a guy who is slowly getting a little to comfortable with his girl because he finds her predictable, is he getting bored? Is he just that much comfortable just like any other guy who finally got the girl he's been trying to get a hold of? Because men tend to "relax" a bit more, knowing that he won't have to act cute or sweet all the time now that he's captured the said girl. Or, like you also said, is he trying to take another step further yet taking two steps back to re-asses the situation they are in? To either move forward or stop before it really is too late?

Many puzzling thoughts have conquered my brain (and it's all YongSeo's fault!) today just because of this episode. Albeit that there were a lot of "intimate" scenes, I can't help but cringe just like I did when I saw SeoHyun being so awkward and withdrawn with YongHwa on the 2nd episode, where she wouldn't even allow him to take pictures of her. I felt the same sensation again after the "chair" position, where YongHwa slowly set SeoHyun down. His face was gruff, tired, frustrated. Very much unlike the YongHwa who patiently taught SeoHyun to play guitar. It's a good thing he warned her beforehand that he is strict and might eventually give up teaching her snowboarding, otherwise, this might have been the last episode I'd watch of them (not really much of a threat though lol :P ). EDIT: By what I meant by being the "last" episode does not mean because I am tired of watching them, but I just don't want my heart to break because I can be a bit fragile when it comes to romance >_< I have a hard time watching "roller-coaster" dramas, it's too much for a 20 year old! lol

I'm just glad and relieved that I was not the only one who felt the same way, even with the shrimp episode. It was also my favorite, aside from the 2nd part of the mother-in-law segment and episode 33.

Maybe I just over-analyse a little too much, idk. I am really hoping these two won't end up breaking each other's hearts. If anything, I'll find the answer in YongHwa's future compositions or songs and deduct more there. Besides, who knows, like any other YongSeo episode, the 2nd part is always the better and more memorable part. Hopefully it ends in a good note.

Anyway, good night fellow gogumas and have a pleasant tomorrow; and thank you once again to you lovekin.

EDIT: When I said, "As I watched how reserved and distant YongHwa was with Hyun, evidently by avoiding her gaze or eyes like he used to," there were numerous times where I thought that Yong might have given up on Hyun. Those were during the driver's license testing days, leading up to the pool game with just the two of them. He treated her more of like a friend

than someone special (courting stage type of thing). He would not look at her and if he did, it was because he was just surprised.

Guest BluMistLaydee

This is a response to LoveKin.... I applaud your totally in depth evaluation and I have noticed that there are some bit of awkwardness between Yong and Hyun in this episode, but here's my standpoint on why there's some bits of awkwardness coming from him.

I remembered and I actually went and backtracked some of the news about when this episode was filmed (Dec-14). There were a lot of unnecessary commotions going around during that time. For one, CN Blue's upcoming 2nd concert was held on Dec-18 about 4 days after filming this episode and he stopped wearing his rings to for a bit up until the concert. A lot of fan-girls were raging because of the all day Busan filming and the fact he had to be at an award show the next day. Their skinships from episode 35 (the shrimp episode) which was broadcasted on Dec-12 two days before this episode was filmed . Not that I'm excusing his behavior but I wouldn't be too surprised if his management pretty much told him to keep some semblance of a distance from Hyun for a bit. From my perspective there are instances where he looks like he wants to have some "skinship" but looks as if he's unsure of what to do. Unfortunately for SeoHyun and YongHwa they live the lives of Idols and from what I've seen, a lot of the C.N blue, and most especially Jung YonHwa fans have not been as supportive of this couple or of him being on the show. And with more and more episodes that showed the gradual closeness that been happening between the two, a lot of noise from unhappy fans started to be heard. It also didn't help the fact that the media attention on the two also was started around this time. In addition to all of this, the poor boy was sick with a flu when this was filmed. As happy as he was, I just don't think he was in his best condition. I can barely watch the background interview. His eyes are completely red and puffy and his face show a lack of sleep.

Personally I think the pressure of trying to keep a lot of things in was getting to him. You can completely tell that he wants something but is at the unfortunate crosshair of not being able to get it, at least not in the public eye setting. So when I factor all of these things in, plus the editing, and everything else, I'm not going to think too much about the "awkwardness". I'll take the fan accounts over this episode any day which from all standpoint were about how attentive he was to her the whole time and how sweet they looked together.

ETA:

and this isn't going towards anybody on here so I don't want people to take this the wrong way. I was having a conversation with a friend who's more of a Khuntoria shipper and we brought up the fact that one of things that kind of take away from the fun of things is when we as fans become too analytical about every single detail.

I won't lie, I haven't loved every YongSeo episodes. I've had some that made me want to tear my hair out with frustration and it's not necessarily because of Yong or Seohyun, it's more because of the shoddy editing that's done and then it takes away from the general episode and in a many cases can make things to appear worse than it really was. Like today's episode. I love it and I'm 100x glad that there were so many pictures and fan accounts of this episode filming from people who didn't even really sound like they were fans of the couple and give such a different perspective of the episode and a bit more of the behind the scenes look. From fan accounts, Yong was generally the "perfect boyfriend" in how attentive he was to her, that they were really close, and look really cute, however from what we saw today, yes he does look attentive, but look a bit more "reserved" and "awkward" so to me it's like "which one is it?" is he distant or is he close?

So that's one of the reason why I no longer really get into the conversations and breaking down of episode anymore because it's really hard for me at least to analyze things just from what I'm being shown as I really don't know what the directors and editors are necessarily trying to convey and the horrible editing doesn't help either.

Guest yongseorockin

shrimp date special

why it's my favorite and why yongseo continues to make me want to gnash my teeth together

Late to the game or not, I just wanted to add this to the ever-growing list of our all-time favorite episodes after finally being able to catch the latest one.  Now, if you ask me, E.33 is truly my favorite episode because of the way Yonghwa and Seohyun hash things out.  I think that episode truly encapsulated what it's like to meet someone in the middle, especially if both parties are particularly stubborn about sharing their feelings.  It was also the first episode where Seohyun - at least in my opinion - gave viewers a rather important insight to how she feels in this "relationship" she has with Yonghwa, even if she goes through hoops to get to the point (e.g., blackroom interview, she flat-out says that it made her sad that Yonghwa had known about her activities and didn't even say anything).

However!  I wanted to change this up a little because after last night's episode, I had a revelation.  I'm not saying that this is personally my favorite episode - and I'm not sure if this is breaking the rules that were imposed on this little share-fest - but E.35 is my favorite episode in the way that it's become this determining point about what Yonghwa and Seohyun are like now - and, unlike those who feel that E.35 is also their favorite, my reasoning is actually a little different.

In E.35 - and probably more or less due to their prior meeting in Japan - we see Yonghwa and Seohyun closer than we've ever seen them, and I gather it's because of their mutual understanding of each other.  E.35 was really all about letting it all hang out, treating each other like new loves often treat each other - with an unusual combination of trepidation and a longing to express adoration without fear of second-guessing.  Seohyun portrays this best when, after she and Yonghwa release each other's hands after his little dancing, it shows in her face that she's unsure of what to do with her hand and yet, at the same time, she kind of wants  to hold hands again.

(Now, that bit can be interpreted slightly differently in that as someone with no experience at all in this area, what are you supposed to do after you've been holding hands, as if it's the most natural thing in the universe (when, according to your lack of experience, technically isn't)?  So people can argue that it's just a natural follow-up as opposed to her wanting to hold his hand.  However, I actually felt that, in that moment, it was the latter.)

Anyway, we see them act playfully and comfortably with each other while they're eating shrimp and sweet potatoes, which further proves the comfort in whatever moment they're at.  It doesn't help that, nearly a week later (at least according to the shared calendars), Yonghwa does his famous NAN segment with PSY.  How's that for a turn of events, right?

No, no, no.

You see, this is the point where I explain why I think E.35 has become this special episode to me and why Yonghwa and Seohyun should have really been called the Awkward Couple.  I think they have proven to us thus far that their "relationship" is wrought with a lot of tension (interpret that how you will), nervousness, and sometimes awkwardness depending on what's going on.  But what I feel E.35 has shown us is that Yonghwa and Seohyun have elevated their innate awkwardness into a whole new level - and I promise you that I mean it in the best way possible.

Now, I don't really know how to explain this, but Yong and Seo have been in this, I don't know, near-limbo state with each other.  Ever since E.35, they have skinship every now and again with some of them more flail-worthy than others.  So I don't know if it's just me who saw this, but I kind of got this impression that there was a distinct shift in their chemistry.

For me, I always had this gut feeling that something was a little off about them.  Even during the Busan episode where they'd been more touchy-feely with each other since E.35, I just had this off feeling (even though, to be fair, I came to my conclusions as an episode passed - not in the way that I am now where I can piece together a sequence of events and make a better deduction off of that).  It eventually dissipated, but it was definitely a lingering suspicion that I had and would not go away ...

Until last night's episode, that is.

I have to reiterate that this is just my personal speculation on their little ... courtship, I guess ... and not something I'm trying to convey as factual.  So to give you a subjectively relatable example:

You meet someone you like and are over the moon for this person, but for whatever reason, the both of you are stuck hovering behind your own respective lines and are unable to progress.  It's absolutely maddening, so what do you do
?  Any number of things, like talk to your friends, maybe assume that what the both of you have is a fluke (because it happens).  Ultimately, however, you can't escape each other.   So the both of you decide to take whatever you have a step further - maybe hold hands or link arms - something to suggest that you guys are not
just
friends.

And then - assuming the both of you have not mutually agreed upon what the two of you have just become - this is where it gets awkward.  What on earth are you supposed to do now?  Should you call them or should they call you?  The next time you meet, do you have to hold hands again as proof that you guys are now more than just friends
?  

Now, from personal experience and mere observation, this can go two ways:  
you either bite the bullet and confess to the person (or they confess to you), or you guys take a step back and re-evaluate what's going on.  In some other cases, it might occur to you that this could be unrequited because you seem to be putting in more effort than the other person is doing, or maybe the person is giving you a lot of mixed signals (and, as with my own experience, this is probably the most frustrating) ... or vice versa

Anyway, back to the point!  During the ski episode - and all the episodes leading up to it after E.35 - the above example was the exact impression I got.  My reactions could basically be summed up as, WHY ARE THEY AWKWARD AGAIN?  And I don't know why, but it dawned on me during this snowboarding episode that it's a totally different feeling:

That they are actually far more awkward - to the point where it's almost uncomfortable to watch - when they're not being affectionate with each other.

Maybe it's just me, and I understand that this essay bit is all in the eye of the beholder.  But seriously, if they're not already doing something with their hands ... I don't know, I see this more in Yonghwa where, before, his arms were very relaxed and there was no need for him to fiddle around with whatever.  Nowadays, though, he always has to mess around with something - rubbing his fingers, toying with stuffed animals - that kind of thing.  (Seohyun is a bit harder to read in this area because of how well she keeps composure most of the time, but her awkwardness/ill-timing does come out every now and again - think banmal episode when they've finished recording and are excited about it.)

I mean, I really have to laugh at it because they're so reversed now.  Obviously, it varies.  They may not always be joined at the hip, and it's not like the skinship is entirely lacking, but there's just something off.  It's kind of ridiculous.

I do feel it more from Yonghwa - the part where he gives off that feeling of distancing himself away and trying to collect his bearings about the whole situation with Seohyun (just tell her, personally, that you like her already, o m g).  And Seohyun's the one who's become more open but is often dismayed when Yonghwa doesn't act like he would have way back when.  This time, it feels like it's a bit more personal on both of their ends because they're actually putting something on the line (assuming, of course, that there is something on the line to speak of).

To conclude, E.35 is currently my favorite episode because, to me, it's the catalyst that's sparked this undulating current of bang-your-head-against-the-wall-chemistry because you-have-no-idea-what-is-going-on-even-though-something-probably-is between Yonghwa and Seohyun.  And I feel that kind of realistic, perpetual uncertainty is still ongoing.

It may drive me nuts, but what it comes down to is that you don't feed someone a forbidden fruit if you don't want them to yearn for it - and what happened in E.35 was exactly that.  *quoted image*  LOL, okay, I'm done.

EDIT:  I should probably clarify that when I say they're awkward, it really depends on the scenario.  And "awkward" might be too specific a term to use, but as an example, if they're walking from one place to another, I personally find it almost like ... they would feel much more comfortable if they were holding each other's hand (because it almost seems like they want to but are too shy or maybe too aware of the cameras - whatever).  That's not to say that they have to be physically attached to each other for the rest of their lives to make me see less of this "awkwardness," but I don't know ... I guess it really is just a feeling you get.  Kind of the same nagging feeling one gets when they think that the cosmos are totally aligned for these two people, who would be stupid if they didn't stay together, hahahaha.  Just an example, of course.  *quoted image* 

Disclaimer:  I don't claim to know the true thoughts of Yonghwa and Seohyun.  They may have been interested in each other, or they might be, or maybe they currently are but note, this is all done in good fun as a fan of the couple - and as a fan whose beliefs support the idea of them being together for the rest of their natural-born lives, hahaha.  Okay, seriously, bye.

Sorry to put your post in spoiler because its way too long.

But lovekin, I just wanna say I really AGREE with what you say!

There was really something off their interactions in today's episode. Something really feels awkward about them. Even though they were holding hands but that was because  Seo Hyun was learning.

On the bus, there was nothing going on with their hands. Similarly when they alighted or when they came out of the changing rooms. It like their hands are there but they are not sure what to do with it. Same goes for the hospital trip. I was wondering why their hands felt really awkwardly off.

I have really a hard time figuring whats going on too.

I think its a matter of confession. Something only a confession would solve. Not just something like ok, I will break my wall. Something like "I love you"

I think it drives YongHwa a little crazy not being able to really do it.

Guest BluMistLaydee

I also just wanted to add that I think it is extremely important for us as fans if were are going to analyze an episode, that we factor in all of the events that happened around the couple during the time of each filming date. It's important at least to me on how it affects their interactions with each other on those days. One of the difficult thing about watching these types of shows is that we as fans think of these shows as it being in the "now" as in this just recently happened when it fact it happened 2 or 3 months prior to us viewing it. As was the case of this episode. And as I explained, there were a lot this that was going on in YongHwa's life at that time that could've affected his behavior on those filming dates. This episode and the brief one from the hospital were filmed withing days of each other. If you look at the Busan episode, they are a lot closer in their interaction in comparison to this one, but then again there was a 2-3 weeks difference between that filming date and the hospital and skiing ones. And a lot of things happened or in the case for Yong, were happening in their lives that needed to be factored in on why there was a "shift" in his behavior.

One of the reason why I'm not to worried or bothered about this episode is the fact that I absolutely loved the genuine care that these two showed towards each other during the end of the awards season (i.e, how happy they looked for each other when their groups won their respective awards). Fancams and tv crew caught on to these things and this all happened after this episode was filmed. So once again, when we factor these things in, can we really stay with our original analogies?

love this part when Hyun board slippery.. hhe...

Yong face like "Jashik~~" my wife so cute.. hhe... (that jashik right??) :sweatingbullets:

24yzgyg.jpg

and this part to.. ADORABLE :wub:

fwojk3.jpg

sorry for bad quality.. first time post a pic:sweatingbullets:

Thank you ^_^

Guest lovekin

blumistlaydee

hey!

just going to make this quick, but i do agree with you about taking into account events surrounding the episodes - maybe even articles pertaining to their health because it wouldn't surprise me if it affects them while filming. and i do make an attempt to do that if i were actually analyzing but i was really just trying to convey why i liked a certain episode. tongue.gif

but going by your explanation, i do understand that yong was probably feeling under the weather/could've been advised by his company, etc. - except that wasn't the point i was making in my initial post and didn't really feel like it was relevant to mention in congruence with whatever else i was trying to say. sweatingbullets.gif

but thank you, though~ for explaining what might have gone on was a good memory refresher!

Guest BluMistLaydee

LoveKin, thanks for your response :D

I really didn't mean to infer that you were analyzing as I know that it wasn't what you were tying to do exactly. I actually agreed with a lot of your points. I guess I was just trying to give maybe a counter argument for some of the responses to your post that I saw. My post is honestly to address the whole general forum. I no longer post very often on here since life has me in a choke hold but I often time I see a lot of analyzing going on this board with each episode so wanted to de-lurk myself so that I could maybe give a general perspective to everyone on here that before we do, maybe we should just stop and think about the things that happened, before, during, and after the filming dates or articles that come out before we start passing judgment or start "analyzing"..

Guys, is it just me or maybe some of you found this.

Hyun for airport fashion.

Chic style + rockers vibe...

s2.jpg

Guest BluMistLaydee

just to lighten the mood a little bit but come let be honest here, who else was hoping for SeoHyunie to "accidentally" fall into the Yong when they were facing each other as he was helping her snowboard backwards? Come on picture it. her lying on top of him on the snow? ok... yeah I'm getting perverted a bit there ehehe.

Had that been me, I admit that I would've had no qualms to do it.

Guys, is it just me or maybe some of you found this.

Hyun for airport fashion.

Chick style + rockers vibe...

*quoted image*

Hi Zealous, just drop by and hope you not mind to borrow the pic you've posted. From this picture, it looks like Hyun a little bit tired... I read from Baidu, the pink bear keychain on Hyun's bag is actually one of the YongSeo 1st Anniversary gift from Korean fans...

presentmp.jpg

Edit: ho..ho..ho... after 29th post, this is the fist time my post on the top... luckily I've got something to share with you guys.. :P

to lighten up the mood here...

first of all...i would like to say how proud I am to in-go-pem here regarding yonghwa so-called-scandal with goo hara. nobody bother to even report or discuss it is here cos i believe everybody finds it really ridiculuous and baseless.

about next week preview...I actually more interested about seeing the process of yong-hyun entering their bedroom....

hahahaha...wouldnt it be so very ackward??

are they going to just say...ok...lets sleep...then they walk together from the living room to the bedroom and lie down?? are they going to set up the futon first also with all this tension? ACKWARD!!...ahahaah

i cant wait to see seohyun reaction and yong's shy expression...cos i bet there is really no way seohyun is the one initiating to sleep together :P...i really hope PD-nim wont cut this stage and skip to the scene wer both are already in the bedroom...

about the wedding photoshoot..i believe yong-hyun would have met at least once before the actual photoshooot...they have to choose wedding gown first and need to tailor them to their body measurement....i really cant wait to see yong's expression seeing hyun in the wedding gown and i am looking forward to see what kind of wedding gown style are they going to choose.

so next week episode still the ski trip...2 wks from now...choosing wedding gown and 3 wks from now the wedding photoshoot??

blumist: yes!!...i actually keep shouting to hyun to just fall on top of yong...hahaha...be it when yong was in front of her or behind her...imagine how EPIC would that be if hyun fell on both direction....it will be wonderful to chk out their expression

Guest soshisoshisoshi

OK. seriously I really want to thank both Lovekin and BluMistLaydee for bringing me back into reality! If both of you hadn't posted I think some of us here - especially the delusional ones :P - would have a hard time breathing, including me!! btw love both of your explanations, very detailed and in-depth. well, I think, just like BluMistLaydee said, we should take into account the surrounding events happening around YongSeo, not just taking into account from the episodes that were aired, since it's always associated bith BAD EDITINGS and stuff. seriously where are the "wasted footages"??? hope the PD will release a FULL footage ( for example 1-hour for each episode or never-before seen footages) on CD/DVD, after WGM ends. hehe silly me!

carry on with the spazzing!

EDIT: ok so it's 148 pages left until we get that new thread! YAY! keep the posts coming ;)

Guest talulet

hyun's really lucky. she learned how to snowboard from the 'ski resort hottie'!! kkk. even her unnies are jealous of her, they want to go skiing with someone like yonghwa! (they'll just wish for someone like him, because yong's already 'married' to their sister. :P)

i think we shouldn't analyze their actions too much, but just enjoy what we watched. because WGM's main purpose is 'entertainment', :D i mean, it's nice to see things in a different way, but sometimes because of too much analyzing, we forgot to just enjoy what was presented to us. we'll just keep on looking for hidden things or reading between the lines. ^^;; but that's just my opinion ^^v i also like analyzing their actions too sometimes, heeng~ (like, i sometimes watch ep1 just too compare how they were before from their interactions recently. kkk. and they really became comfortable with each other that yonghwa's no longer cautious in making jokes of how seohyun looked.)

I don't know if this picture has been posted before. But just to lighten the mood up.

Yong sure loves his bling bling hahaha.

Q: If you have a girlfriend?

A: I want to go to ski with her. I want to play on the snow, and ride snowboard together.If she can’t ride, I will teach her in all sincerity.

You're doing a good job so far Yong~

Guest firstimelovers

@lovekin

I thought I'm the only one who felt that way.

I also felt something was abit weird with Yonghwa aft watching the massage episode.

Cringe at the fact he seems bored and reserved.

But I think positively that I was over analyzing it.

Then was further pumped up by his interview on his ideal type.

Sadly, in this episode. Yonghwa wasn't his usual self.

Something just hmmmmm.

Kinda felt distant and kinda cold.

While a new side of Seohyun.

Bubbly, playful and total cuteness.

It's like they swapped their personality. LOL!

Anyway, think positively!!

Perhaps Yonghwa is not feeling well. ));

Sighh.

IWANTYONGCHODINGBACK!!

Everyone on this thread is seriously awesome!  So much talent on display with translations, screencaps, artwork, POV's and expressions of feelings about YongSeo, you guys are seriously awesome and should be so proud of yourselves.  The outpouring of love for this couple really touched my heart, and I hope our couple gets a chance to appreciate all the love and caring that comes from this thread!  

Ah, another cutee episode! 

Here are things I liked:

1.   After Hyun gets her last lecture in about coffee, Yong says, “Let’s have a cup of coffee”.   Seriously, did you see Hyun’s expression then!?  I thought she was going to slap him!  If looks could kill.  And then she looks down and puts her hand up in Yong’s face like, “I’m done with you!”  Yong tries to make her laugh with, “The nose, the nose has opened!” But Hyunnie isn’t buying into the humor, she is pissed!  Yong finally defuses her with, “I know it, I know!”  and Hyun just nods, with a kind of motherly exasperated look on her face.  I can see both of their sides.  Hyun’s side – I’m just trying to help you feel better, but you aren’t taking me seriously!  Yong’s side – You’ve been nagging me about this all day, I get it already!  MY POV – even if we (men) know our woman is 100% right, we still need to push back a little to try to regain some control over our lives and to show we aren’t totally hen-pecked into submission!  It’s built into our male pride.  But what I realy like is Hyun is showing her true feelings much more easily now, even if it’s anger/frustration w/Yong choding!

2.   Yong’s irritation about the text message.  Hyun says ‘it’s a secret’ irritating him even more, then his relief when he finds out it’s a ‘mission’ and not one of her fanboys texting her.

3.   Text: mission – the cold winter, what do you think of?  Hyun ‘ roasting gogumas!’ Of course!

4.   Yong flipping out and bouncing around the room like a ping-pong ball when he realizes the mission is to go snowboarding!  Using the table snowboard and couch snowboard.  He’s so excited!  But Hyunnie is – eh? I don’t know………..

5.   Seohyun’s backroom – “I told the unnies we were going skiing, and they said if they went skiing, they would need a choding like Yong Hwa.  I asked what they meant. They said it would be more romantic!”  By the look on her face, Hyunnie doesn’t have a clue what the unnies are trying to tell her!

6.   Seohyun – “are you saying you would give up teaching me as well?” Yong – “that’s a possibility – just telling you first”.  Hyun – “How can you be like this?” Yong- “Maybe I’ll leae you behind and ski down myself.”  Hyun – “Then you may as well leave me here and go yourself!” Yong – “Go where?” Hyun – “Drive this bus away!”  Again, Hyun’s playing along with Yong’s teasing, but still firm with what she would do if he’s not teasing.  She is doing fine with expressing her feelings, thank you.            

7.   Yong’s strong, yet caring snowboard teaching.  He’s tough on her, yet gentle, and always pours on tons of encouragement.  He knows this is hard, but he also believes in Seohyun’s willpower and determination to do well in anything she attempts to do.  In a way, he’s building up her pride by not going easy on her, if he would baby her too much, her pride might be hurt.  Although Hyun said she felt like a 7 year-old, she also got the idea of the hen helping the chick out of the egg.  She gets Yong’s technique and understands why he was teaching her that way.

8.   They look so good together, so cute!

What I didn’t like:

1.    What happened to the skinship?  What happened to holding hands and linking arms?  At Busan, Yong was grabbing her hand and linking arms at every opportunity.  The medical check-up episode and ski trip – nothing.

2.   There was some discussion (started by Lovekin) about a vague feeling that Yong was acting distant to Hyun.  Some said there was a lot going on in the background about what was happening in ‘real’ life when this was filming and that Yong was sick with the flu.  All good arguments.   But I sensed that since Busan, he’s been pulling back, too!  Can’t put my finger on it, just a general impression.  These two drive you crazy with their on again, off again romance, don’t they?  But to me it seems like when Yong puts a move on Hyun, Hyun pulls back.  Then Hyun reciprocates with a move, and then Yong pulls back.  They’re never going at each other full out, full bore at the same time.  Like there’s some line they just can’t cross when they get close.  It’s almost like ‘push-pull’ lite, one comes on strong, the other one gets shy or confused about the sudden onslaught of love and pulls back.  Next time around, the confused one has had some time to think about the previous love attack, reciprocates, only to have the other person pull back.  Aiiiisssshhh!

Now I’m going to play – if I were YONG!  Of course, I’m not Korean and I come from a different generation that Yong, so that’s going to change my view, plus I’ve got a little more experience with the opposite sex at multiple age levels, so here goes –

As much as girls complain about skinship, they still want you to try.  That’s being the guy, the male.  Now, I’m not talking about uncontrolled groping.   I’m talking about the hand-holding, arm linking, hugging and kissing stuff that people do when they love and respect each other.  It’s the guy’s duty to try for hand holding, hugging or kissing, at the appropriate place and time, when the mood is right.  She may say ‘no’ or pull away, then you stop!  But you have to try.  And try again and again.  Even just trying sends a message – I love you, I want to be closer to you, I lose control sometimes just being close to you, I desire you.  Even if she shoots the guy down on his advances, it puts that idea in her head that the guy wants to do it, and she begins to think about what it would be like if she said ‘ok’.  Yong needs to try more often.  I think he’s got Hyunnie on this innocent goddess pedestal and he just needs to treat her like a normal girl.  Go for it, Yong!  I don’t think she will be adverse to it as much as you think!  She wants to learn about dating and courtship and love, and you are her teacher – go for it!  The way she’s been staring at your lips lately tells me a kiss is on her mind, and she’s been thinking/dreaming about what it would be like – go for it!

And, if I were Yong, I would have ‘faked’ a fall and have her fall into my arms, maybe hold her for a little bit more than was necessary or appropriate, just to send a subtle message – “oh, that happened by accident, but I liked it!”  I think she’ll like it, too!  Or fall down on each other in the snow….ahhhhh!

Preview for next week – they’re going to SLEEP together?!  Fully clothed, of course, but waahhhhht?!                  

Guest lovekin

@lovekin

I thought I'm the only one who felt that way.

I also felt something was abit weird with Yonghwa aft watching the massage episode.

Cringe at the fact he seems bored and reserved.

But I think positively that I was over analyzing it.

Then was further pumped up by his interview on his ideal type.

Sadly, in this episode. Yonghwa wasn't his usual self.

Something just hmmmmm.

Kinda felt distant and kinda cold.

While a new side of Seohyun.

Bubbly, playful and total cuteness.

It's like they swapped their personality. LOL!

Anyway, think positively!!

Perhaps Yonghwa is not feeling well. ));

Sighh.

IWANTYONGCHODINGBACK!!

well, to be fair, there was some news going around at the time of this shoot that he wasn't feeling well. the BOICE camp were apparently frustrated because wgm made them film late when they had the awards to go to the following day.

anyway, i think "bored" is a bit extreme. honestly, of the two, i think yong is the one who gets affected more by his schedule in terms of how exhausted he becomes, and it shows. i think maybe one of the only reasons it's more apparent when he's on WGM (unlike his other shows) is because of how lax it is. technically speaking, he might be working, but there's no pressure on him to uphold a sense of professionalism because the show encourages you to be yourself. so i don't know. being tired can easily be mistaken for boredom or disinterest, especially if you're not feeling 100%.