[Drama 2010] Obstetrics & Gynecology Doctors / OBGyn Doctors 산부인과 여의사

Guest fanda4000

Guest Trina987

I have finally finish watching the all the episodes on Viikii.. It is really good... However, is it love triangle or square love???? I can not tell but love all the cases so far.... :D

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cancerb

Heloo.... New watcher here... Hehe.. Just currently watch this drama, and its been good so far... Except that im kinda feel a bit sick watching all the operation scene with blood,cutting body part,etc....

One thing to ask, is the married man that the main girl has an affair with was Goo JunPyo assistant in BOF???

Guest pinkwave

Heloo.... New watcher here... Hehe.. Just currently watch this drama, and its been good so far... Except that im kinda feel a bit sick watching all the operation scene with blood,cutting body part,etc....

One thing to ask, is the married man that the main girl has an affair with was Goo JunPyo assistant in BOF???

i think he's the assistant in BOF...he also acted as Munno in queen seondeok...

I was really wondering with jang seo hee's choice of dramas...she chooses either those dramas which are veryyy loongg, sometimes draggy but successful and received high ratings (like miss mermaid and temptation of wife) OR those dramas which are so short, has great plot and realistic (like Obgyn and carousel) but received so so ratings....

i just hope that OBGYN will receive high ratings it deserves...

I think that there will be a love "quadruple"- Hyeyoung and SS, Jaesuk and the married guy...I just hope that dr. suh hye young will change her very short hair into a nicer hairstyle (like her hair in temptation of wife) towards the ending....

Episode 6: The War with the Blood

CREDITS: SUHJISUKWEEBLY.COM

The OB & GYN doctors constantly have to deal with blood – The war with the blood!

On 2/20, Hye Young comes to an OB & GYN clinic to undergo the abortion procedure. Coincidently, Sang Shik’s cousin is also at this clinic to have a sexual disease treatment. Sang Shik’s cousin calls her boyfriend to ask him to transfer money to her bank account right away to pay for half of the treatment cost. She borrows Hye Young’s cell phone because her cell phone is out of battery. Hye Young goes outside to call the man she pays to pretend as her guardian. Sang Shik comes into the clinic to bring his cousin home. Then, he tries to stop Hye Young to have abortion, which makes Hye Young mad. Hye Young tells Sang Shik that it is not easy for her to find and pay a man to be her guardian for the abortion surgery. She asks Sang Shik to leave her alone and not to involve in her private life anymore.

Meanwhile, a pregnant woman Yang Mi Soon comes to the clinic because she is in labor. She brings her 2 kids Soo Bin and Yoo Bin with her because her husband works at an island and is currently taking a boat to come to Seoul. Since the baby Yoo Bin keeps crying, Sang Shik checks on the baby and he thinks that the baby has the “Intussusception (one part of intestine gets into another part of intestine)” problem. The baby’s elder sister Soo Bin tells Sang Shik that her mother gives her a credit card in case she needs to spend money. Sang Shik gives Soo Bin his business card and tells her to bring Yoo Bin to Hangkook Medical Center so that he could give Yoo Bin treatments there.

At this moment, Yang Mi Soon is heavily bleeding after underwent the C-Section surgery. The clinic wants to transfer her to Hangkook Medical Center. After Hye Young learns what happens and the blood type (RH+A) of Yang Mi Soon, she immediately calls the medical center to prepare for treating Mi Soon.

Jae Suk, who is on-duty today, catches up with Hye Young as soon as Hye Young rushes to the medical center.

Jae Suk: Hye Young, Didn’t you exchange this on-duty day with me? If you forget this matter, that’s your business!

Hye Young: Let’s exchange the on-duty date again next week!

Jae Suk: Yah! OK. Now I give you one of my patients.

Hye Young: I know. You have to come to treat this patient too. She is heavily bleeding now due to Placenta Abruption.

Jae Suk: Gee! This is a war with the blood!

Hye Young orders Kyung Woo to contact the Department responsible for embolization (to stop blood flow).

Jae Suk (talks to Nurse Soo): Isn’t this patient unlucky? There are only on-duty doctors in the medical center during weekend. This has become a vicious cycle.

Nurse Soo: This patient is lucky that she is not sent to here during our night-shift. Anyway, Dr. Wang is here on-duty today!

Jae Suk: I am an Infertility doctor!

Nurse Soo: Dr. Suh is already here, isn’t she? I heard that the doctor for embolization will be here as well!

Jae Suk: That’s right. So far, I have been curing all of my patients.

Nurse Soo: How come? Most of your patients are high-risk patients. For example, some had the Amniotic fluid problem.

Jae Suk: On one hand it is because of good luck and on the other hand it is because I don’t give up. Today, I pray that good luck is on my side!

Yang Mi Soon is sent to the medical center by an ambulance. She is heavily bleeding after the Hysterectomy surgery (removal of her uterus). Hye Young is informed that the embolization couldn’t start until 1 hour later. She orders doctors to inject blood right away. However, large quantity of blood gushes out of Mi Soon’s C-Section part, and some even splash to Hye Young’s face. Jae Suk thinks that this is DIC (Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation) which leads to the formation of small blood clots inside blood vessels. Hye Young orders a surgery right away, which Jae Suk doesn’t agree.

Jae Suk: This is DIC! Why do you want to have a surgery on her! The doctor performing embolization will arrive soon!

Hye Young: We need to perform the surgery now to stop the bleeding! Otherwise, she can’t hang on much longer!

Kyung Woo: We could keep pumping blood into her until her blood pressure gets higher.

Hye Young: We could do the surgery while injecting blood into her! Since her uterus has already been removed, the surgery will not take too long!

Kyung Woo (murmurs in low voice): Gee! What is she doing?

Jae Suk: Do you want to open her belly just for stopping the bleeding?! However, all those parts touch by your knives will bleed! The bleeding parts are all over, here and there! How could you take responsibility if something goes wrong?

Hye Young: There must be an hidden vessel causing this heavy bleeding.

Jae Suk: Do you know that you are the one to take responsibility for it if she dies on the surgery table after you did the surgery, couldn’t stop the bleeding, and couldn’t close her stomach?

Hye Young: Let’s do the surgery now! We could do the surgery while injecting blood into her! I will inform her guardian about this surgery.

Jae Suk: Sigh!

Jae Suk goes into the surgery room.

Jae Suk: Put gloves on me.

Hye Young: You don’t need to be here!

Jae Suk: I am the on-duty doctor today. If you were not here, I am the one who is responsible for taking care of this patient. Tae Jung, you could go to the delivery room now.

Tae Jung: Yes.

As soon as Hye Young cuts Yang Mi Soon’s stomach, blood gushes out. The medical center is running out of the blood supply.

Jae Suk: She has to be injected the equivalent quantity of blood into her body to the quantity she lost. We can’t wait for the new blood supply.

Hye Young orders Dr. Shin to use the Cell Saver to recycle the blood. Hye Young yells at Kyung Woo to use the correct method to suck blood out.

Jae Suk (talks to Hye Young): Since her uterus has been removed, I really couldn’t identify the exact location in her belly. You couldn’t even locate the main artery. What are you looking for anyway?

Hye Young: I want to locate the main artery of blood supply to the pelvic (Internal Iliac Artery). Let’s use the bipolar.

Jae Suk: The main blood vessel has been taken care of. We could either use cloth or needle for small vessels. Everywhere you touched by knives is bleeding!

Hye Young: Let’s use large gauze to stop the bleeding!

All of them work together to use lots of large gauze and to apply force to stop the bleeding for 5 minutes. However, the bleeding continues.

Kyung Woo (complains): I’ve already said that we should wait for the embolization! Gee!

Jae Suk (scolds Kyung Woo): Is Dr. Suh your friend?

Kyung Woo: I am sorry!

Hye Young: Ahn Kyung Woo, you could take a rest outside and then come in again.

Kyung Woo: No. I am sorry!

Almost 3 hours of surgery has already past, the bleeding is still not stopped.

Jae Suk (asks Dr. Shin): How much blood has been injected so far?

Dr. Shin answers that lots of blood has been pumped into Mi Soon’s body. He also says that there is only a little amount of urine coming out from Mi Soon.

Jae Suk: Her small blood vessels are probably blocked by DIC. Some hidden small vessels somewhere keep bleeding.

Kyung Woo: Will the internal organs be OK even we stop the bleeding?

Jae Suk: Sometimes, MOF (Multiple Organ Failure) still occur even the bleeding is stopped. We could only pray that situation won’t happen.

A few hours have already passed, the bleeding continues although some blood has been stopped.

Jae Suk: Hye Young, it seems that the bleeding couldn’t be completely stopped.

Hye Young finally orders to use a medicine to stop the blood and close Mi Soon’s stomach.

Jae Suk comes out of the surgery room and feels exhausted.

Nurse Soo: I heard that the bleeding was stopped.

Jae Suk: It is hard to say that the bleeding was completely stopped.

Nurse Soo: The patient’s stomach is closed, right?

Jae Suk: Yes.

Nurse Soo: Why do you come out of the surgery room? Aren’t you the on-duty doctor today?

Jae Suk: This is an OB & GYN’s case. Do you think that Hye Young would hand over this kind of patient to me according to her personality?

Nurse Soo: Yup. She has the personality that she wouldn’t hand over her patient to other people casually. Her temper is not good when she works …

Jae Suk: Yes. She makes people worry about her. I am concerned that she will keep staying in the Intensive Care Unit today.

Young Mi: If I get pregnant, I will ask Dr. Suh to be my OB doctor.

Nurse Soo: You! Get married first and then talk about getting pregnant! (talks to Jae Suk when he stands up) Where are you going now? We are ordering pizza now. Leave after you finish pizza!

Jae Suk: You eat first. I’ll eat after I come back.

Nurse Soo & Young Mi: Order Pizza before you leave! Chip in 30,000 Won!

In the ICU, Hye Young wants Kyung Woo to keep close attention on Yang Mi Soon’s condition. Jae Suk comes in.

Jae Suk (talks to Hye Young): You don’t look good. I am here to take care of the patient.

Hye Young jokes: I can’t trust you.

Jae Suk: Yah!

Hye Young: This patient needs Dr. Ahn’s careful attentions now.

Hye Young instructs Kyung Woo how to keep detailed records of Mi Soon’s condition because Mi Soon has been through 2 surgeries in one day.

Then Mi Soon bleeds again. Hye Young asks Kyung Woo to contact the doctor performing the embolization.

Soo Bin calls 119 and brings Yoo Bin to see Sang Shik. Yoo Bin keeps crying and a Balloon operation is suggested by another doctor. Since a signature of the guardian of a patient is required by the medical center, Sang Shik has to wait for Yoo Bin’s father arriving at the medical center.

Hye Young, Jae Suk, Sang Shik, and Young Mi chat with Soo Bin. Soo Bin cries because no one could perform the operation unless her parents sign the approval paper. But her mother is in the ICU and her father couldn’t arrive at the medical center until 2 hours later.

Hye Young: I don’t understand why a surgery or operation couldn’t be performed until the guardian signs the approval paper. Isn’t this an emergency?

Jae Suk: Could a guardian totally understand when something goes wrong during the surgery or operation? It is understandable that the medical center adopts this policy.

However, Sang Shik couldn’t wait for anymore due to the continued painful crying of Yoo Bin. He worries that Yoo Bin’s intestine might be damaged if the Intussusception condition is prolonged and then a surgery is inevitable. He is willing to sign the operation approval paper and take the responsibility so that the Balloon operation could be performed on Yoo Bin. Then, a Balloon operation is successfully performed on Soo Bin.

Young Mi is preparing to go to a blind date and Kyung Woo shows his jealousy.

Sang Shik brings Yoo Bin to visit the ICU so that Yoo Bin could get close to his mother. Then, through sonogram, Sang Shik notices that some small holes appear on Yoo Bin’s intestine (Micro Perforation).

At this moment, Yang Mi Soon’s husband arrives at the medical center. He is very upset to see that his wife and his baby son’s bad conditions handled by the medical center. He questions Sang Shik why he approved the operation without notifying him. Soo Bin cries to defend for the doctors. She says that doctors have to do the surgery and operation because her mother and younger brother were in great danger and pain.

Suh Jin and the Chief Manager pass by the scene. Suh Jin comments that Sang Shik ignores the regulations and rules of the medical center.

Yang Mi Soon continues to bleed and Hye Young decides to do one more surgery to find the blood vessel causing the bleeding problem.

Jae Suk and a senior doctor discuss this surgery with Hye Young.

Senior doctor: Are you sure that you could locate the bleeding blood vessel? You are facing the problem of DIC and you still insist on one more surgery.

Hye Young: Obviously, there is a hidden blood vessel needed to be uncovered.

Jae Suk: During the surgery, it is possible that all organs would bleed. What will you do then?

Senior doctor: Instead, it is better to use the medicine to stop the bleeding and keep observing the situation.

Hye Young: We have been using the “drain” method to suck out so much blood so far. Thus, this condition has nothing to do with DIC.

Senior doctor (talks to Jae Suk): Please help me to convince her. I certainly would stop her even at the first surgery. How about resuming the embolization procedures.

Hye Young: The embolization is not enough! We need to find the location of the vessel causing the continued bleeding! This case is different from the DIC case.

Senior doctor: What will you do if your surgery causes the patient’s table death?

Hye Young: There must be a vessel we didn’t find in the previous surgery. We could find it now if we perform the surgery.

Jae Suk: How do you stop those splashing blood everywhere during the surgery?

Senior doctor: This is not feasible! The guardian won’t agree with this surgery because even I object to this surgery!

Hye Young: If we don’t perform the surgery, the patient can’t sustain the unstoppable bleeding!

Hye Young tries her best to convince Mi Soon’s husband to allow her to perform one more surgery on Mi Soon. Even though she couldn’t guarantee that she will locate the vessel but she believes that this is the last resort.

The senior doctor and Jae Suk watch not far away.

Senior doctor: What’s her belief that makes her so bold? She is not young anymore!

Jae Suk smiles because he knows why.

Mi Soon’s husband visits the room where Yoo Bin is taken care of. He realizes that the doctors in this medical center really care about his wife and baby son. He finally calls Hye Young to give his consent of the surgery.

The next day, Hye Young performs the surgery.

Jae Suk: Suh Hye Young, you are confident in this, right?

Hye Young: There must be a blood vessel we didn’t locate in the previous surgery.

After suck all blood out, they finally locate the vessel gushing out blood! Hye Young put stitches on the vessel and finally stops and ends the bleeding!

Jae Suk: Suh Hye Young, you are right!

Hye Young: Have I been wrong before?

Jae Suk gives a thumbs up to Hye Young!

Hye Young informs Mi Soon’s husband and Soo Bin that the surgery is successful! Mi Soon’s husband and Soo Bin hug each other in tears.

Hye Young wins this war with the blood. However, another larger war is approaching her!!

Sang Shik asks Kyung Woo to bring dinner to Hye Young and Soo Bin. Hye Young is not feeling well though.

Jae Suk and Kyung Woo go out to eat dinner together. Coincidentally, the Chief Manager and Suh Jin are eating at the same place. The Chief Manager invistes Jae Suk and Kyung Woo to eat together. The Chief Manager introduces Jae Suk to Suh Jin.

Hye Young feels exhausted. Upon entering her apartment, she faints. She tries to dial a number. Sang Shik happens to notice that Hye Young’s car-lights are on.

Guest SORAnokoi

hi, nice that you like this drama too. I hope that this drama will get the highest rating too. And loved it that you are not Asian and yet watching an Asian drama. Bad English? Sorry, can't tell. That means mine must be bad too...LOL

Thank you for your nice words.Yes,i'm not Asian but i love so much Asian dramas,indeed beside OB/GYN Doctors,i like many others.Presently I am also looking Chuno,another beautiful drama. :)

I have finally finish watching the all the episodes on Viikii.. It is really good... However, is it love triangle or square love???? I can not tell but love all the cases so far.... :D

LOL...well, I think she will have 3 men going after her. I don't know whom she will end up with, because I still don't know who male lead is and who is 2nd. I thought I saw an article saying that her youth friend/doctor is male lead. That was in an article in the actor's thread, but maybe that was the early set up, because considering how the drama is going at this moment, it looks like the sweet doctor SangShik is male lead, so she will end up with him..?

cancerb, yes, she has an affair with the doctor, played by Goo Jun Pyo's assistant in BOF.

Guest YouJuChan

I just finished watching the 5th episode on vikii which was just as sad as the 2nd episode ;o; The acting is just SUPERB <3 they can really express the feelings which makes the whole thing even sadder ToT

thanks for the summary and the links and everything!! ^^ havent seen such a great drama for a while :D

sangshik really won me over XDDD I just found a new criteria for my perfect man kekeke~

joonki is such a cute guy! i want to pinch his cheeks xP

This drama is definitely addictive. I cried so much in episodes 5 & 6. I think that the triangle is going to start heating up between SS and Jae Suk soon. You can sort of feel the jealousy growing every time Jae Suk sees HY with SS. The hospital scenes are so intense, you feel as if you're there.

the fifth episode is a bit wierd.

if a female patient is in an arrest, usually the ER personnel will rescue her. then they will call the OBS to handle it.

how come the peds (a doctor that heal kids) is in the ER?

LOL....sorry, probably no laughing matter for you, but me doing non-medical work, have not paid attention to that at all. I completely missed that.

So you mean a ped cannot be in the ER? Not even if the patient is a kid? (fyi:I have no idea how it works in a hospital.)

Is this serial going to be move to a new time slot? I read that a new serial is airing on the 31 March?

that is what I read too, so this is going to be 16 eps only ? :(

that is what I read too, so this is going to be 16 eps only ? :(

So is it moved to a new time slot or stay the same (on Wed/Thurs)? I don't get the question in the previous spot.

I think it is a 16 ep series. Somehow I like it's short like that. I don't want it to be too long because audiences may feel it draggy and give up. I love how the writer builds each character and progresses them through the story. Cannot wait for the new ep tomorrow.

LOL....sorry, probably no laughing matter for you, but me doing non-medical work, have not paid attention to that at all. I completely missed that.

So you mean a ped cannot be in the ER? Not even if the patient is a kid? (fyi:I have no idea how it works in a hospital.)

hum. generally, ER personnel will handle the basic work, like resuscitation, stopping bleeding, preliminary diagnosis.

Just say, if a pregnant woman came in with cardiac arrest, they will try to save that woman. If it involves complicated

Obs problem, then they will call OBS personnel.

if that woman need additional medical observation about OBS problem, they will send her to OBS department.

Actually, ER work as like first aid station and filter the patients to their own department. ^^

the same is with kids.

no one will really jump out of their department that much.

Archived