Ok TaecYeon 옥택연 | [Upcoming Drama 2024 "Taereung Zombie Village"]

Admin

class="content-title"2PM’s Taecyeon Is a Bundle of Positive Energy on “The Human Condition”

2PM’s Taecyeon Is a Bundle of Positive Energy on “The Human Condition”

The November 30 episode of KBS 2TV’s variety show “The Human Condition” showed 2PM‘s Taecyeon joining the show in the “Living Without Stress” special. He joins the six permanent members of the show as they spend six days together trying different methods of living without stress. 

vlcsnap-2013-12-01-22h29m49s8

Everyone first stated what worried them the most, and Taecyeon answered, “The question that all celebrities have- when will my popularity fall?” Otherwise, Taecyeon stated, he has no other stressors; neither his fellow 2PM members nor his family or agency stress him out. Later he revealed that his happiness index is 98 points.

Taecyeon said his way of releasing stress is, “I think of people who are in more difficult situations than I am in,” and “Even when I was a trainee and didn’t know when I would be able to debut, I found comfort and overcame my uncertainty in the fact that Jo Kwon (2AM) was a trainee longer than I was.”

Throughout the show, Taecyeon showed himself to be a really positive person, who tried to view everything as glass half full rather than half empty. Fellow 2PM member Chansung also revealed that one way Taecyeon keeps himself so stress free is by forgetting everything bad that happens.

vlcsnap-2013-12-01-22h37m16s121

Fans will be able to see more of positive Taecyeon next Saturday, December 7 at 11:15 PM KST.

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

*** I'm kind of confused why she had her birthday in Korea. How do they know each other? Well, Taec looks mighty fine. :))

Taecyeon and Eric Nam snap photos with 'Mean Girls' and 'Les Miserables' star Amanda Seyfried

2PM-Taecyeon-eric-nam_1386170103_af_org.

Hollywood actress Amanda Seyfried had a birthday party in Korea, and Taecyeon and Eric Nam got to see her while she was visiting the country!

Taecyeon was at the birthday party, dressed dashingly in a suit. He got a photo with her and wrote, "Had a wonderful time meeting a beautiful actress Amanda Seyfried! Happy birthday!!"

eric-nam_1386170312_20131204_amandaseyfr

Eric Nam got an interview with the lovely actress, and he wrote on his me2day, "A fun interview with Amanda! On Sunday's 'Section TV'!"

Amanda Seyfried is most famous for playing the airhead in 'Mean Girls' as well as Cosette in 'Les Miserables'.

source : allkpop
  • Like 1

Yoona’s Couple Ring with Taecyeon? Uh, no, not really.

YOONA IDIOT_WITH_RING

Yoona of Girls’ Generation is vehemently denying she is in any sort of relationship with Taecyeon of 2PM. Appearing on Happy Together 3 yesterday evening, she was asked by Park Myung-soo to explain dating rumors that arose “because of a ring.”

She answered, “My ring was something our family arranged as a family ring, and coincidentally, Taecyeon’s mother gave him a ring around that time. Our rings were completely different. The problem was, we were active around the same time and so people noticed our rings. We complained to each other that we were being criticized by each other’s fans even though the rings were different.”

source : Kpopplanet

Which male idols could act as prominent American TV characters?

Last week, we featured an article on which female idol stars could best play American TV characters. This week, it is the male idols' turn!  

Although the two TV cultures are pretty different, we managed to scrap up a list of the best fits for the Korean version of American TV programs.  Check out who made the list below!

(skipped unrelated.....)

8.  Taecyeon as Ned Stark (Game of Thrones)

Siwon_1386366736_MALE8a.jpg
Siwon_1386366737_MALE8b.jpg

Ned Stark is the loyal, tough guy who follows orders unless he feels like they may harm his loved ones.  As he seems like a sweet but strong and protective beast of a man, I thought of the 'beastly' idol group 2PM and decided Taecyeon would do a good job because he is both big and portrays that sort of sweetness where you want to hug him like he's a friendly bear. 

Would you like to see any Korean versions of these popular TV shows and have an idol play the lead?  Let us know which male idol stars could play some of your favorite TV characters. 

class="content-title"Movie “Marriage Blue” Hits 1 Million Views

Movie “Marriage Blue” Hits 1 Million Views

The movie “Marriage Blue” has hit the 1 million viewer mark in theaters. 

According to the Korean Film Council on December 9, “Marriage Blue” hit 1,097,786 viewers this past weekend (December 6-8).

Despite being three weeks in since the premiere of the movie, “Marriage Blue” has been receiving continued interest, especially from dating and married couples. The movie is about the psychological unrest and stress that people go through before marriage, called the ‘marriage blues.’ It follows four different couples played by Kim Kang Woo, Kim Hyo Jin, Lee Yeon Hee, Ok Taecyeon, Ma Dong Suk, Goo Jeol, Lee Hee Joon, Go Joon Hee, and Joo Ji Hoon.

marriage blue

SM recently posted a picture on their Facebook of Lee Yeon Hee, holding up a poster thanking all the viewers for their support.

lee yeon hee

credit : soompi news

class="title"G.O & Taec cute Twitter exchange (+ Seungho, Mir tweets)

xd6u.png
c4j3.jpg
End of Sensation Tour! Thank you^^

4wsw.png
@MBLAQGO It’s a really normal pic though? Try showing more thankful expression ㅋㅋ

ufib.png
@taeccool If you show yourself to me first then it would be great right now..
@MBLAQGO My tour have not ended keke
@taeccool If your Tour ended, immediately show me kyakyakyakya

7rlo.png
qyw4.jpg
Tour ended!!! Thank you everyone!!!! You’ve worked hard!!!!

b6fa.png
ezh8.jpg
I am just… a panda.

Sources:
G.O/Taec - G.O & Taec@Twitter, Translated: MBLAQSG, nuneo2daKAY, MBLAQGO_LUVU (1, 2, 3)@Twitter
Seungho - Seungho@Twitter, Translated: MBLAQSG@Twitter
Mir - Mir@Twitter, Translated: MBLAQGO_LUVU@Twitter / OMONA THEY DIDN'T

***I think it’s too early yet for him to enlist for MS. I respect him for his eagerness to serve his country! He’s loyal to his country. I know many of them would not really want to go into the military. So proud of him. That's my boy. I will miss him when the time comes. Hottest will FOREVER support you. All the best to Taecyeon in the military in the future.  He's so different because all the other people would want the residency that he gave up to serve Korea. That's commitment dude.  I hope 2PM members (excluding Khun) plan to enlist together. Oppa fighting!L-)

Taecyeon is judged fit for active duty after retaking the military service medical and entrance exam

Taecyeon_1386867037_af_org.jpg

On December 12, 2PM's Taecyeon cheered when he found out he was judged fit for active duty after retaking the military service medical and entrance exam.  Back in 2008, his herniated disc had rendered him fit for only public service, but he worked hard to improve his health so he could better serve the country.

He revealed his firm belief on the matter, "If you are a real South Korean man, you must definitely complete the proper military service."  

Following his beliefs, he underwent surgery for his disc injury on two occasions, once in 2012 and once in 2013, before retaking the test unlike other athletes or celebrities who simply accepted the role of public servant in the same case of a herniated disc. However, that was not the only injury he had to worry about as he severely injured his arm while promoting in Japan in 2013.  He had to undergo surgery to remove the metal pins from his arm.

Also unlike many other celebrities who took great measures to avoid the obligated military service, Taecyeon even gave up his permanent United States residency back in 2010 in eager anticipation of serving South Korea.  

One of Taecyeon's acquaintances expressed their joy in the idol star's achievement, saying, "He finally did it."

Congratulations to Taecyeon!  Stay tuned for updates, such as further details on his military service plans.

• Like 1

***I will sure have to watch the drama if my Taecyeon is there. Congratulations to Taec for this new project. He's really doing well. His acting isn't the greatest but he’s becoming a noticeable actor. A lot of producers want to cast him. Can’t wait to see him in a new drama. Taec got so many projects these days! :))

2PM's Taecyeon and more in talks for new KBS 2TV weekend drama 'Very Good Times'

2PM-Taecyeon_1386816359_af_org.jpg

2PM's Taecyeon, Kim Hee Sun, Lee Seo Jin, and Hwang Soo Jung are in talks for the new KBS 2TV weekend drama 'Very Good Times'!

SEE ALSO: 2PM's Taecyeon reveals his ideal type and plans to enlist

A KBS drama rep told Star News on December 12, "Kim Hee Sun, Lee Seo Jin, Hwang Soo Jung, Ryu Seung Soo, Taecyeon, and more are in talks to star in 'Very Good Times'... No one from the main cast has officially signed the casting contract yet... Considering the drama will air this coming February, the casting is flexible."

'Very Good Times' will be directed by the duo behind hit KBS 2TV drama 'Nice Guy', PD Kim Jin Won and writer Lee Kyung Hee, and portrays the story of three families with Taecyeon, Ryu Seung Soo, and Lee Seo Jin in talks to play brothers.

It has also been revealed that the cast members are set to meet for the first time at their script reading on the 19th, which means the casting will be confirmed soon. Stay tuned for more details!

• Like 1

December 13, 2013

class="art_title"Ok Taec-yeon Cleared for Active Duty on Second Attempt

Ok Taec-yeonOk Taec-yeon

Ok Taec-yeon of boy band 2PM has been cleared for active duty but he will delay enlisting for his 21-month mandatory military service because of his busy workload and concert schedule.

The singer, who failed a previous medical exam in 2008 due to a herniated disk, took another examination on Thursday in Daegu and passed with flying colors, according to his agency JYP Entertainment.

The 25-year-old was apparently determined to see active duty, which explains his decision to retake the medical exam in the wake of two operations on his back in 2010 and 2012. Previously, he had only been deemed fit to perform a substitute service at public agencies.

JYP said Ok had an operation to remove metal pins from bones in his arm in order to pass the medical exam. The singer broke his arm during a recent concert in Japan.

"He will enlist in late 2015 or early 2016 due to his busy schedule," it added. 

kor_red.gifenglishnews@chosun.com / Dec. 13, 2013 10:32 KST

Taecyeon gets assigned to active duty service

201312121604770342_52a9605d60841_59_2013
Article: [Exclusive] 2PM Taecyeon "glad" to be assigned as an active duty soldier instead of public service

Source: OSEN via Naver

1. [+6,878, -263] Taecyeon's a man...

2. [+5,307, -358] He's not even the breadwinner but he really suffered a lot trying to keep 2PM afloat after Drunkhun screwed it up for them..

3. [+4,705, -200] Good for Taecyeon's image, do well~~

4. [+3,829, -144] True man~!!!!!!!

5. [+3,477, -130] I hope you fulfill that happiness! I'll support you

6. [+1,513, -45] It's not easy for someone to give up his American residency to enlist in the army. I'll apologize for teasing you and calling you Ok Tent all this while. When you discharge, this hyung will support you. Do well in your service.

7. [+1,253, -23] Deserving of praise since he knows to look towards the future beyond two years rather than his immediate status.

8. [+1,125, -38] I feel bad for hating on Taecyeon now... You're a true man, I'll hope that you work hard.

9. [+1,000, -39] That's right, this is what's needed for a long running career ^^ Good decision. Smart and realistic!

10. [+949, -39] I sincerely apologize for hating on you for your army issues.

-

Article:
'From giving up his American residency to getting surgery' why did Taecyeon insist on active duty?

Source: Newsen via Nate

1. [+598, -16] The determination to not end up like that Rain trash hyung

2. [+527, -30] Well, he's earned himself an infinite shield from hate now. You reading this, Rain?

3. [+374, -154] Don't forget that Yoo Seung Jun said this as well until he backstabbed us

4. [+41, -3] You may ask what's so amazing about enlisting in an army every male is required to serve in but how many people do you know who get assigned to public service and request for a reevaluation? His decision is amazing.

source : netizenbuzz

class="entry-title"[CHART] Weekend Box Office: December 13 – 15

box office

South Korea’s box office figures for the weekend of December 13 to 15, 2013. [Korean Box Office Information System (KOBIS)]

Reporter. Cory Lee

Courtesy of Warner Brothers

<ⓒ Korea Entertainment Media Co., LTD. (www.tenasia.com) All rights reserved.>

***I can't help but smile while listening to the song & LOL while watching the video at the same time. CUTE! This is actually hilarious. That "CAT" is becoming phenomenal. I want one.....Saranghae, Taec!:x

Taecyeon gifts fans with his Okcat-themed jingle album 'Okcat's Lonely Christmas'

2PM's Taecyeon has officially released his self-created 'Okcat' themed album, 'Okcat's Lonely Christmas'!

SEE ALSO: Taecyeon and Okcat invite you to their holiday event 'Okcat's Lonely Christmas'

The album, named after Taecyeon and Okcat's upcoming Christmas event, consists of two versions of his adorable jingle, "Okcat Song" and "Okcat Song (X-Max Ver.)". Taecyeon previously performed the "Okcat Song" at his launching event 'The Okcat Live' and now the Christmas version is here to further put a smile on fans' faces.

'Okcat's Lonely Christmas' will be held at M-Cube in Cheongdam CGV, Seoul on Christmas Day at 2 PM and 7 PM KST. If your one of the lucky ones who already got their hands on an Okcat, listen to the songs above and below with your plushie!

You can also check out the recording process of the regular Okcat theme song through the previously revealed making clip below.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

***I’m not familiar with her. I wish I could like this a thousand times. Gonna watch this for Taecyeon. L-)

Taecyeon romances Basketball’s Lee Elijah in new drama

by javabeans | January 6, 2014

elijah_14.jpg

I’m wondering who it is that watched the ill-fated Occupation-set period drama Basketball, took in lead actress Lee Elijah’s awkward and sometimes confusing performance, and thought, “Yes, let’s ask her to act some more.” Because I would like to suggest to that person that a re-evaluation might be in order of their eyes, decision-making process, and perhaps also career path. ‘Cause let’s face it, she was not good in that drama, and it wasn’t merely a case of greenness that experience might eventually overcome, but bad enough to make me angry at her for being so frustrating. (On paper there’s no way the love triangle shouldn’t have worked, but mostly I just thought less of both guys for being dumb over her.)

Be that as it may, Lee Elijah has landed herself another drama: She’ll be romancing Taecyeon in upcoming weekend series Wonderful Season, whose headliners are Lee Seo-jin and Kim Hee-sun. It’s the drama written by Lee Kyung-hee, scripter of compelling melodramas like Nice Guy, Will It Snow For Christmas, and Thank You, so I expect it to be fast-moving and watchable at the very least.

The drama centers around a prosecutor (Lee Seo-jin) who rose out of his impoverished beginnings to success, who comes back to his hometown in the sticks fourteen years after leaving it. In the process, he’ll learn the importance of family, the greatnesss of love, and the value of neighbors and warmth. Taecyeon plays one of Lee Seo-jin’s brothers (Ryu Seung-soo plays their hyung), and he’ll get caught up in a bickering romance with Lee Elijah, who plays a teacher at a rural school who grew up comfortably in a well-off family.

To give her character a bit of a quirk factor, she also happens to be the regional president of the SHINee fan club and always uses SHINee examples while explaining her lessons. Ha. Please tell me there’ll be lots of 2PM digs at Taecyeon’s expense—you can’t pass up such a golden opportunity for meta jokes!

Wonderful Season plans to premiere in February after the currently running King’s Family wraps. Though at the rate King’s Family is going, I wouldn’t be surprised if it got extended a bit, after having repeatedly broken 40% ratings and established itself as a national drama. Sure that show’s crazy and nonsensical, but people are watching. (And yes, so am I. I don’t even know why. Don’t ask me hard questions.)

Via Asiae

*** Since this is a weekend drama, I wonder how many EPs is this drama. Well, even if this is a long drama, looking forward to Taec's series. I won't complain since he'd be getting more screen time. I also wonder if Taec gonna be the lead or second lead? I hope he's the lead, though.:)

Taecyeon, Kim Hee Sun, Lee Seo Jin, and more attend first script reading for 'Very Good Days'

2PM-Taecyeon_1389318239_af_org.jpg

2PM's Taecyeon, Kim Hee Sun, Lee Seo Jin, and more are getting ready to show you what 'Very Good Days' will look like as they prepare for the new KBS 2TV weekend drama!

30 actors including Lee Seo Jin, Kim Hee Sun, Taecyeon, Ryu Seung Soo, Yoon Yeo Jung, Kim Kwang Kyu, Lee Elliya, and more, along with writer Lee Kyung Hee and PD Kim Jin Won, showed their teamwork throughout the three-hour script reading held at KBS' drama practice room in Yeoiudo, Seoul last month.

With the release of the photos, a rep commented, "The cast, who participated in the first script reading, made eyes and ears attentive with their solid teamwork, detailed expressions, and delicate portrayal from start to finish. We were definitely able to feel their star-like quality... Please look forward to writer Lee Kyung Hee and PD Kim Jin Won's solid drama."

'Very Good Days' will take viewers on the life journey of a man who grows up poor but ends up becoming a successful prosecutor and returns to his hometown 15 years later.

The drama will premiere following the conclusion of 'The Wang Family' on February 22 at 7:55 PM KST!

• Like 1

Guest adikkeluangman

1486775_602982079757354_264532701_n.jpgNew Year’s Wish Search Word of JYPnation Artists
Happy New Year!
c: JYP
TRANS  Taecyeon: Very Good Times~♥ (참 좋은 시절 - His new drama)
tumblr_mz5f1tN8K11tptzu2o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_mz5f1tN8K11tptzu2o2_r1_1280.jpg
tumblr_mz5f1tN8K11tptzu2o3_r1_1280.jpg

Taecyeon was said to have shown much of his passion for acting at KBS2TV '참 좋은 시절' script reading session :)http://t.co/JfqyVxaPBl

— JYPACTORS (@JYPACTORS) January 9, 2014

adikkeluangman said:
Taecyeon plans to show a new side of himself on 'Very Good Days'
2PM's Taecyeon is kicking the new year off with another drama to add to his thriving acting career, KBS 2TV's 'Very Good Days'!
Taecyeon, who has been making a name for himself as an actor on KBS 2TV's 'Dream High' and 'Cinderella's Sister', and tvN's 'Who Are You?',will take on his first weekend drama 'Very Good Days'. As much as this is his next step towards being acknowledged as more than just an idol star, Taecyeon has been focusing on immersing himself into his character.
His agency rep told Star News on the 11th, "As Taecyeon is acting with veteran sunbaenims, his determination is like no other... In order to focus on his character, he is consistently trying to converse with the producers. Since he is a hard-working actor, he will show a new side of him."
'Very Good Days' will take viewers on the life journey of a man who grows up poor but ends up becoming a successful prosecutor and returns to his hometown 15 years later.
The drama will premiere following the conclusion of 'The Wang Family' on February 22 at 7:55 PM KST!
Read more: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/01/taecyeon-plans-to-show-a-new-side-of-himself-on-very-good-days#ixzz2q5CMUeB7 

• Like 1