[Drama 2010] Dandelion Family / Blossom Sisters 민들레 가족

Guest C51236

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, i love this family drama. Its getting more and more interesting. Like many of u here i'm also Hyewon and Jaeha plot line fan. Heeheez. At first i thought their pairing up will be weird but after a few episode i think they make a great pair. Just finish watching ep 12. There's this guy wearing black spects that was with Hyewon's dad somehow i got a feeling that he will be a obstacle to HW and JH in the future. =( HW and JH must definitely have a happy ending. Can't wait for next week for the other 2 episodes. Their wedding takes place next week, but JH faints... Wonder what happened? Hopefully through this incident they will both realise they are impt to each other. Hope to see the subs version soon. =)

Guest samasta93

hmm... for sure it's getting really more and more interesting.. looks like so many secrets beyond the "curtain"..

and why JH suddenly fainted? was that because HW really pretty? hahahahaa.. :P

gosh.. LYJ is really pretty.. she looks so pretty with every styles of clothes.. but I really like her style when they did formal meeting at restaurant.. her smile is sooo pretty.. ;) JH is so lucky.. man, you are so LUCKY~!

oh my.. somehow I regret now.. I should have listened to my friend's advice not to watch a drama which is still currently airing because once you got addicted with it, it's hard for you to stop! even you wanna skip monday to friday since you only need saturday and sunday! jeez.. :P:rolleyes:

the young guy who seems to be always together with HW's dad.. who is he? Does he work for HW's dad? The way he looked at HW.. >>not good not good **tsk tsk tsk.. JH has a rival~!

I am the ultimate Yoonji fan and I have to agree that her's and KDW's storyline is what I watch weekly for. I also didn't think there would be chemistry between the two when I first saw the pairing. But I think they look cute together. I like the storyline and how it's being played out. The preview looks good. Yoonji in the bridal gown looks beautiful. Can also see the worry in her face as JS passes out. might be the start of the REAL romance starting in the drama. Thanks for the re-caps ,screencaps,and musing everyone. I hpe that wiikii will sub this...but thanks to some of you we can follow whats happening.

The guy that was at the meeting with the father and knew JH seems to know something. He definetly had an eye for HW. I originally thought it was the guy that dumped HW in the beginning of the drama but it couldn't be him since she didn't recognize him. He does look like a HW stalker. Lets see what develops. Looking forward to the wedding next week. I hope the wedding continues after he is ok.

for those interested come to the Yoonji thread at soompi at this link

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=265683

We try and update on Yoonji and the thread does need some fans to check it out...so come and muse at the site :)

Guest samasta93

Also, as mentioned before I wonder who the Jay [JH's friend's friend] was looking for in Korea and how kind of creepy it seemed that he was interested in HyeWon.

Maybe he will become an important character as I have a feeling that he may know of the secret contract marriage

the way how Jay looked at HW was totally freaking creepy.. when I saw it, I felt chilling.. don't like it.. something wrong with it.. and it made my stomach more painful.. (I have stomach problem recently).. for sure, this creepy guy has interest in uri HW~ I thought that HW's boss will be the one who disturb HW-JH relationship.. but after looking this creepy guy.. another rival is coming.. and to be fair, maybe they should give another rival too for HW~! hahahahaa.. :P

btw, usually there will be someone who will post kinda synopsis for next episodes.. no one here? Where we can find that kind of sources? :huh: must be really helpful to help someone like me with "terminal addiction" to settle down myself from monday to friday before saturday and sunday.. hahahaa.. :P

I think both Jae-ha and Hye-won's reason for not wanting to marry is a need to stay independent and experience life rather than because of some specific reasons. I believe they never actually say they will stay unmarried for life, just not now.

yes, i think both JH & HW chose not to get into marriage relationships at this point in their lives and i agree with u that JH is more drawn to HW (more than HW is attracted to JH anyway) for him to go to the extremes of rescuing her at all the critical moments. and they must know each other well enough to even consider the idea of a contract marriage - including whether they can live in the same house and see each other's faces daily etc.

i think he raised the idea of the contract marriage based on the following

- he believes HW herself values career above marriage (he first raised the contract marriage idea way before the ruckus happened at the dept store when HW was physically abused etc, ie. he first approached her not because she needed a way out but he himself needed it first)

- he sees the trouble HW was getting herself into and wanted to help her preempt it, in fact at one point he mentioned he was helping her out so that she could continue her 'ties' with her boss

- he knew HW was mature/'cool' enough not to get entangled even in a 'contract' relationship hence he felt comfortable to even fake-kiss her knowing she'd understand his true intentions

i'd venture a guess that JH might have known that he has a medical condition which his family is still unaware of (not terminal nor life-threatening but maybe a lifelong condition he has to live with) and hence he never entertained the thot of marriage?

also i too had a question about the Jay Hyung that knew JH and HW's dad.

I think she worked for them or was just someone he had look into honey moon spots and a place for HW's mom and dad, since before HW came, the dad and the hyung guy were talking about how his wife never really got to travel while he did since he went on business trips.

it did seem weird how he smiled at HW and then for JH add that he was looking for someone in Korea at the end of their meeting... it raises questions for sure

what we know so far is that hyung was overseas with JH and mentioned that he will pack up and go back to Korea one day to see the person he's been intending to meet up with, it does seem HW is that person. it seems strange that he'd be so infatuated with HW when she's not even aware of his existence. but once he found out HW was going to marry JH, it didn't seem like he intending to pursue his intention.

those who like Lee Yoon Ji should definitely catch her in Heading To The Ground....many, many romantic moments in there!

Guest zealioner

Episode 11

The misunderstanding seems to have ironed out because Hyo-dong is now taking Pil-nam on a tour around his estate. However, she did not reveal her identity, giving an excuse that she was taking pictures of his house because she was awed by the traditional and artistic beauty and grandeur of his abode. She's totally impressed by the family's wealth as she's all giddy like a schoolgirl, taking her first excursion.

The easy mood is replaced by awkwardness when Pil-nam loses her footing and almost fall, but thanks to Hyo-dong's quick reflexes, he breaks her fall by grabbing her waist. She's embarrassed and masks that by being upset, telling Hyo-dong to let her go. Hyo-dong mutters that he he had saved her only to being treated unreasonably. Byung-gu, who has been trailing behind, senses something fishy between the two people.

Back at home, Byung-gu was narrating to his wife about what he had witnessed. They think Pil-nam is up to something, Jae-kyung wonders if she's that city lady that the realtor was speaking of? After a moment of thought, Hyo-dong gathers she must be the spy sent by Sook-kyung. Knowing that he has 30,000 acres of land a ten thousand pines is enough reason for her to send someone over to check things out.

Jae-kyung gasps. Her father is lying about his wealth! (oops!) Byung-gu interrupts that the current land they have, added on to the rest of land his father-in-law owns in North Korea would come up to 30,000 acres. Hyo-dong adds that once their country is re-unified, the price of the land will rise. Also, in the next 50 years, his little trees would have grown to be huge trees. So, he's really not lying about anything.

Meanwhile, Sook-kyung is all smiles as she admires the pictures of Hyo-dong's house. Pil-nam is obviously affected (as in the emotional/romantically affected) by the earlier incident with Hyo-dong as she has been in a daze for a while. When asks by Sook-kyung of her opinion about Hyo-dong, she puts on an act of nonchalance, mentions that Hyo-dong is not her type. Sook-kyung laughs, "Why would it matter to me if he's your type or not? I just need to get my daughter married." Pil-nam realises her mistake, fans herself in hot embarrassment and carelessly nods her her head when Sook-kyung happily asks, "So he wasn't lying about it (his wealth), was he?"

Sook-kyung is blissfully ignorant to the fact that her youngest daughter's 'impending marriage' is all a farce, naturally she's excited but Hye-won is troubled. Earlier in the day, Jung had spoken to her about joining a rival company. She's shocked - how can a superior tell her to place her loyalty elsewhere? Jung tells her not to invest too much emotion and loyalty to the company - she's only good to the business if she's useful, otherwise they wouldn't care for her. Jung tells her, "Go over first and wait for me. I'll come over shortly. You should know, there's no way I can soar here."

Later, while having drinks with Jae-ha, she asks if he's really going to fold up his business and return to his hometown.

"There's nothing I can do about it. I'll just wait and see. If it proves too tough, then maybe I will just head off to Uzbekistan."

"Why would you want to go there?"

"To look for a wife. I heard there are beauties there. Even the female cowherds look like Kim Ah Joong. Ha..ha. My father said that he will invest [in my business] as long as I get married."

"I wish you success wherever you're going then."

"I'm sorry for all the trouble in the past. Please forgive me.'

"No. You gave me a lot of help."

"Hye-won."

"Huh?"

"Want to leave everything and go to the Amazon with me and make a movie about anacondas?"

"HUH?"

"Just kidding. Ha! Come, let me pour you another drink." Jae-ha steals a look at Hye-won while filling up her mug. The beer spills, he apologizes, Hye-won cleans up the mess.

"Let's drink to your dreams." Jae-ha proposes.

"Then let's drink to Uzbekistan" laughs Hye-won.

Somewhere in another pub, Sang-gil is drinking too, though the mood is a lot more heavier than the fun Hye-won is having. Earlier in the day, he had a fit in the office when he was told he was not allowed access to some documents as they are classified. He rages at the staff - are they considering him an outsourced worker now? Classified?! Do they even know who helped built up the company?! He's now with his ex-secretary (who's tearing up because he's angry about how Sang-gil was unfairly treated) and Jae-hoon (I think that's his name), an ex-employee who now runs a travel agency. He had paid a visit to Sang-gil in the office and witnessed the incident.

Sang-gil apologizes to Jae-hoon for having to witness the ugly side of things. He tells Jae-hoon how he had spent most of his time working that he never had time to watch his daughters grow up. He remembers that there was a time when he held Ji-won in his arms and his daughter was actually wary of him. He wasn't even by his mother's deathbed - all because he had sold his life to his company in the name of loyalty. He's such a fool. He is a failure both as a father and a husband. Jae-hoon pours him another drink; Sang-gil is trying to hold back his grief but still, his tears trickles.

Sang-gil alights from the cab below Ji-won's apartment and runs into Tae-hwan. Tae-hwan has arrived moments ago, his heart heavy about Ji-won and her pregnancy. When approached by Sang-gil, he comes up with an excuse that he was visiting a sunbae living in the same area. Sang-gil tells him that this is where Ji-won lives. He feigns ignorance and quickly excuse himself.

In the apartment, Myung-suk is cajoling Ji-won to take her dinner, he threatens to dump it if she still refuses to eat. Before he can do that, his father-in-law arrives. Seeing that Ji-won is in bed, he worries about her well-being. Myung-suk hurries to explain that she's not having a good appetite and he has been telling her to eat - serving her like a waiter since she has always enjoyed room service when they are on their holidays.

Sang-gil is extremely grateful to such a sensitive son-in-law, he holds both their hands, thanking them for leading such a happy life. Myung-suk excuses himself to get coffee, at that, Ji-won hugs her father and he tells her that not having children isn't such a big deal, what matters is that she and her husband are happy. Ji-won smiles and agrees, she turns serious again when she learns that her father met Tae-hwan below the apartment.

Tae-hwan is at home strumming on his guitar and scolding himself for turning up below Ji-won's apartment. Why in the world would he do that? He must be crazy. He walks out to the living room and sees his mother about to have a drink. He asks if she has set her sights on someone since she's always unable to sleep when she has found a new man. Pil-nam denies it but the truth is, Hyo-dong has been consuming her thoughts.

The next morning, Sook-kyung is happily rattling about how rich Hyo-dong really is. Sang-gil chides her for snooping around. He expresses unhappiness when Sook-kyung apologizes for forgetting to buy tofu yesterday. Already wearied by what is happening in the office, Sang-gil has become sensitive to being treated carelessly. He tells his wife not to do that to him. Sook-kyung apologizes and hurries upstairs to wake Hye-won. She wonders if something bad had happened at work.

Soo-kyung wakes Hye-won, happily asking her if she was with Jae-ha last night. What did they do, was she drinking with him? Hye-won tells her mother that won't be marrying Jae-ha (or anyone for that matter), all that talk about marriage was actually false, she had no choice but to play along that line with his father. Sook-kyung realizes that she's not kidding and gets mad.She tells her if that's the case, then she would have to get engaged to the man that the matchmaker had arranged. She's not considering if Hye-won wants it or not, she will just have to turn up for the event!

"I won't go!"

"As you like it! Either you go or I disown you! What's so great about you? Staying single, not getting married? Just because everyone says that you are outstanding, you really think so?"

"Yes, I know. I'm not really that outstanding!

"You think you're better than Hilary? You think Obama's wife is inferior to you that's why she has two children?"

"Where are you taking this to?"

"You want to be alone for life? You will know what's loneliness when you get old! You will die of it then!"

"Mother, aren't you going overboard?"

"I've gone overboard?"

Sang-gil raises his voice from below, demanding to know what they are shouting about in the early morning. Sook-kyung asks if she is intending to grief her to her death, just like how her father had done?

Hye-won receives a text message from Jung to meet him at the basement car park. He tells her to enter the vehicle which she reluctantly does so.

"Do you still need to consider about joining another company?"

"Huh?"

"Do you still need more time to consider joining another company?"

"Mr. Jung. I've no intention of leaving."

"People will start talking if we both continue to work together. It would be better if you work elsewhere."

"I'm proud that I'm able to work at the company of my choice."

"You may not be able to continue working here. I may have a divorce."

"Because of me? I'll explain to your wife that it's all a misunderstanding."

"It's NOT a misunderstanding. I don't know when it began but I've been seeing you as Park Hye-won instead of Executive Park. Maybe it's because I've been seeing you as a woman."

Jung holds her hand. Hye-won is beginning to see that Jae-ha's advice is true, she removes her hand from his grasp.

"Mr. Jung. I won't leave the company for any reason. I respect you but only because of work. I don't hold any other feelings for you. If you find it uncomfortable, then you can leave the company, I won't leave with you." That said, she exits from his vehicle. Back in the office, focusing on work is tedious, and her mother is not making things easier by sending her a message about the next meeting date. Hye-won replies that she will not attend it and turns off her cell phone in frustration.

The moment Hye-won enters her house, her father raises a temper at her, demanding to know what she had done to her mother to cause her to be so sick? Ji-won exits from the room and gives Hye-won a telling off. Why couldn't she just abide their mother's wishes and meet the guy. If she really doesn't like him, she can always break it off later! Vexed, Hye-won goes for a drink alone. Recalling the recent events, she realizes that she doesn't have many options about getting out of this unscathed, which leaves her with only OPTION JAE-HA......

(And the following scene is just so YAYAYYYYYAYYYYYYY!)

Jae-ha is having a hard time packing his stuff, he mutters to his cameras that it's going to be hard breaking up with them (as in breaking up with a girl). His partner asks if he really intends to just go back home. He offers to room with him till he finds a job. Jae-ha tells him that he has no more regrets, he doesn't need any sympathy and tells him to hurry off. At this point, Hye-won walks into the studio. Jae-ha is surprised to see her at this hour, he asks if he had done something wrong again for her to come by?

Hye-won walks right up to him, Jae-ha backs away by reflex, she inches closer, he backs up again till he hits the pillar. He knows something is not quite right, and with her being so close , he's feeling the heat.

"Does your offer still stands?"

"Offer?"

"Let's get married." He seems to have awoken from a daze, not quite excited - yet - just confused.

"You said get married? With me?"

"Yes. Marry me." Jae-ha looks at his partner, who's surprised too, as well as entertained. He gets Jae-ha's LOOK and waves, indicating he's leaving (though we know he wouldn't want to leave if given a choice).

Jae-ha turns Hye-won around and heads her towards the direction of the exit.

"You're drunk, and I'm not talking to a drunk."

"I'm not drunk. Let's do it. Just like you said so: in name only and we don't interfere in one another affairs."

"Didn't you say you certainly wouldn't marry me?"

"I've changed my mind. I want to marry you now."

"Why me?"

"Marriage is about timing. You said so." She heads to the couch, he follows and sits down on the table, opposite her.

"Did I say that?"

"This is the right timing - for me. You're the only man I can choose. I don't want to be the protagonist of a scandal. I don't want to be forced into marriage with a man I don't know." By now, Jae-ha is crossing his arms, sitting up straight and with a subtle smile hanging on his face. Hye-won continues, " You're the most suitable."

Jae-ha's smile is fast morphing into a grin but he plays hard to get, "That's not a good enough reason."

"The world wants me to get married. What can I do? They don't even allow me to do my work properly. There's nothing I can do about it." Jae-ha is stifling his laughter, choosing to remain silent. Hye-won throws in another reason.

"You said that as long as you get to run the studio, as long as you can continue to take pictures, you'll be willing to trade in your soul."

Jae-ha lets out a sound of joy, looks up at Hye-won with a smile. "For real? Get married?" Hye-won says yes but there are conditions. She takes out some handwritten notes and tells him that there's no problem as along as he agrees to the conditions. He just need to sign it if he's okay with it.

He's surprised by what she has written as he leafs through the sheets.

"You wrote all these?"

"Drafting contracts is my major. We can amend it tomorrow if there are more things to be added, if not, then let's work with this." She takes out another piece of paper from her pocket and hands it to him. "These are my particulars, read it and remember it."

For Jae-ha, these handwritten drafts are a confirmation of a sweet deal sealed. He clutches it in his hands, controlling his joy, staggers towards the table where his precious equipment are laid out. He holds them in his hands, kissing them and finally lets out his laughter as the well-suited music piece of 'Those Were The Days' sounds in accompaniment to his demonstration of happiness as he cries out "MARRIAGE...YAY...!" and runs about the room. He kneels in front of Hye-won and kisses her hands, climbs up the pillars, down-slides to the floor, basking in ultimate joy. Hye-won breaks out in a huge smile as witness to his jubilation.

The next morning, Hye-won announces her marriage decision to her parents.

"What? Marriage? You decided to get married?"

"I've made the decision after serious consideration, so please don't say anything anymore."

"Didn't you want to spend the rest of your life alone? Why a change of mind now? What's the reason?"

"I don't know. Just that we both love each other."

"Love? Oh my..oh my..!" Sook-kyung is full of disdain for what she has just heard. Sang-gil asks if she's felling better now. Sook-kyung implies how would she when his daughter is bent on angering her.

Hye-won turns to her father and tells him about her decision to marry. "We were both unsure about it but we have thought things through now." Her parents sigh in resignation.

At Jae-ha's studio, the couple goes through the contract which is now being formally typed out, some clauses:

• Each keeps their own earnings. Joint expenses will be shared equally.
    Go home during holidays or family events only when both parties are available.
    Not responsible for the spouse, meaning no interference in private affairs.

Jae-ha is satisfied, "Fine. That's what I want too. Let's see more..."

"There's nothing much to see. I've been fair in drafting the contract. Take a detailed read and decide if you need to add more clauses. if there are none, then just sign it."

"Do we really have to do this? Do you really need a pre-nuptial agreement?"

"How can I place my trust on mere speak? It's necessary to have a written agreement."

"Oh my, you're indeed who you're. Great."

"Print it."

As the contract slides out of the printer, Jae-ha announces that they are now life partners. Hye-won corrects him - life comrades. He thinks about that a little, laughs and agrees that it's appropriate - let's work hard at it then. He puts out two palms towards her, indicating doing a high ten (double of a high five) as a self-congratulatory gesture. Hye-won looks at his hands, then at him, and quotes, "Article 3 Clause 10. No unnecessary skin contact." He removes his hands, laughs awkwardly.

With the contract nicely printed, Jae-ha and Hye-won ink it with their thumbprint. Jae-ha suggests they go for dinner but Hye-won tells him they need to go someplace first. That someplace is home. Sook-kyung is excited and asks her husband what should they do, Sang-gil isn't too concerned so she calls Pil-nam.

Tae-hwan is surprised to learn that Hye-won is getting married, he gets a little upset and asks if she's being forced into marriage like Ji-won was. Pil-nam senses something fishy and suspects he likes Hye-won (to which he deny) or is it Mi-won (he claims that it's Mi-won who had a crush on him)? Anyway, he should forget about any of the girls, they are all married. Pil-nam wonders if Jae-ha's father will attend the meeting too, she hurries to powder her face some more, until Tae-hwan tells her it's unlikely that the parent will turn up today.

At Ji-won's, Myung-suk is subjecting her into another round of mental stress. He tells her to put on the clothes she had bought during the past year and criticizes that she's out of shape. He wants her to hang the dress on the refrigerator as a reminder of her weight before she opens it. He tells her that he's letting her off today but as of the next day, she's not to take dinner until she fits into the dress. Ji-won utters a protest, but Myung-suk explains that no husband is happy to clothe his wife in Italian brands with such body figures. He then picks out her attire for the evening.

No-shik has spent the day in the neighborhood where he last ran into a friend/enemy when he was delivering goods. His once pal, Jung-pil had seemingly ran off after taking out a loan from him. He's determined to get his money back, so he puts up WANTED posters in the neighborhood. Jung-pil knows No-shik is on the lookout for him, so he hides.

No-shik returns home and learns from Mi-won about Hye-won's marriage. He refuses to attend the family affair for fear that Mi-won will quarrel with her mother again. She promises him that she will not do that again. She wonders where they are going to get the money to buy something valuable for Hye-won. He promises he WILL get the money and even promises his son he will buy him the latest computer model. Mi-won warns him about being up to his tricks again or he's dead meat.

Hyo-dong is speaking to Jae-ha on the phone, happy that he's meeting Hye-won's family tonight. He reminds him to be polite and pick a marriage date. He promises to back him in his business and leaves the marriage arrangements entirely to him. Byung-gu congratulates him on the good news, Jae-kyung tells her father that she wants to attend the next meeting with their in-laws too. Hyo-dong asks if she's going to make trouble? No thanks, but he's attending it alone.

The Park family kitchen is bustling with the cooking, Mi-won rushes in to announce that the future son-in-law has arrived. Outside, Jae-ha takes a deep breath, he's nervous. Hye-won reminds him to be careful about his manners, her father cannot tolerate rudeness. The couple is greeted by the family, with the exception of Sang-gil. Mi-won hurries forward to receive Jae-ha's gift and couldn't help remarking how cute he is and kids that he's exactly her type.

Sook-kyung enters the study, urging Sang-gil to meet Jae-ha but Sang-gil is appearing upset about the visit. Jae-ha pays his respects the moment Sang-gil appears. He goes down on his knees and formally asks for Hye-won's hand in marriage - earning approval from her family but her father is not impressed.

"Marriage? I thought both of you have broken up?" Hye-won apologizes, they weren't sure before which was why the issue never came up with her parents. She promises that this will not ever happen again and asks for his approval. But Sang-gil shocks everyone with his reply.

"No! I disapprove of this marriage! You think marriage is a trivial matter? A kid's game? You decide to marry based on whims? Have you ever spare a thought for your elders? What are you trying to do? Where did you pick up such terrible habits?" Jae-ha looks grave but remains on his knees. Sang-gil continues, "Hye-won, see this young man to the door!" Despite Sook-kyung's attempt to change his mind, Sang-gil is determined to stick by his decision. He apologizes to Jae-ha and tells him to get up.

"I will not move from this spot until you approve our marriage, Father." Jae-ha speaks with earnest.

"I WILL NOT APPROVE THIS MARRIAGE!" comes Sang-gil's reply.

****End of Episode 11****

thanks to zealioner :lol::lol::lol:

Ditto!

Thanks to zealioner!!!!

Zealioner as you know, I always enjoy reading your summaries. In fact I only started watching this drama because of your recap. So a big Thanks for your work!

:D

thanks to zealioner :lol::lol::lol:

Ditto! Me three!

zealioner!

I've always loved reading your re-caps...

... and don't feel bad about "I Love You, Don't Cry!"

A lot of us on that thread felt the drama became too torturous to watch.

I know three other avid K-drama fans who also bailed on that drama. :) ... along w/ many others I didn't know personally.

Guest zealioner

First, thanks to all who had left 'thank you notes' for me. You're welcome. I enjoy recapping this drama as much as you all enjoy reading it. Second, a hello to gerryg and ahoxan - familiar names from other drama threads.

C-subs for Episode 12 is not here yet so the recaps will come a little later. Many of you have raised questions about Jae-hoon (or Jay) and how he might have an agenda. I've not watched Episode 12 so I'm not really sure how 'creepy' he is or why but I came across a related article with an intriguing headline which suggests.....

...... that there is a birth secret surrounding Jae-hoon and viewers are already curious about his true identity. Korean netizens are guessing that he may be a love child of Park Sang-gil. Which I think so too, since he was away for long period of time working during his younger years. I know actress Jung Ae-ri is cast in the drama too, as Jae-hoon's mother. So there has to be a link with Park Sang-gil,...

(I learned this from the article www.joins.com) Jae-ha knew Jay when he was studying in New York and apparently is close enough to know that Jay is looking for someone in Korea. So that was one of the first thing Jae-ha asked Jay when they met each other by chance. "Have you found the person you're looking for?" Jae-hoon was thrown off for a moment by the question and says yes, not wanting to talk more about it.

On another note, (gathered from a couple of other articles) 'Dandelion Family' is receiving positive responses from Korean viewers. Many remarks that the drama is fun, warm and portrays a strong sense of realism. This comes as a welcome change since viewers are getting turned off by 'makjang' dramas. Also, everyone will be happy to know that most viewers think that the Jae-ha and Hye-won couple is CUTE and and many are anticipating what's going to happen between the two after their 'marriage'.

Guest samasta93

First, thanks to all who had left 'thank you notes' for me. You're welcome. I enjoy recapping this drama as much as you all enjoy reading it. Second, a hello to gerryg and ahoxan - familiar names from other drama threads.

C-subs for Episode 12 is not here yet so the recaps will come a little later. Many of you have raised questions about Jae-hoon (or Jay) and how he might have an agenda. I've not watched Episode 12 so I'm not really sure how 'creepy' he is or why but I came across a related article with an intriguing headline which suggests.....

...... that there is a birth secret surrounding Jae-hoon and viewers are already curious about his true identity. Korean netizens are guessing that he may be a love child of Park Sang-gil. Which I think so too, since he was away for long period of time working during his younger years. I know actress Jung Ae-ri is cast in the drama too, as Jae-hoon's mother. So there has to be a link with Park Sang-gil,...

(I learned this from the article www.joins.com) Jae-ha knew Jay when he was studying in New York and apparently is close enough to know that Jay is looking for someone in Korea. So that was one of the first thing Jae-ha asked Jay when they met each other by chance. "Have you found the person you're looking for?" Jae-hoon was thrown off for a moment by the question and says yes, not wanting to talk more about it.

On another note, (gathered from a couple of other articles) 'Dandelion Family' is receiving positive responses from Korean viewers. Many remarks that the drama is fun, warm and portrays a strong sense of realism. This comes as a welcome change since viewers are getting turned off by 'makjang' dramas. Also, everyone will be happy to know that most viewers think that the Jae-ha and Hye-won couple is CUTE and and many are anticipating what's going to happen between the two after their 'marriage'.

zealioner really big thanks to you for sharing this information. :lol::lol::lol:

People are so awesome somehow.. hahahaa.. even they can link something only by few facts.. that's awesome~ I never thought that Jay probably half-brother of HW~ Well.. if case was really like that, I would calm down then.. hahahaa.. :lol:

calm down for watching JH-HW's progress.. but worried with the whole Park family.. daughters must be so shock if they found out that their dedicated father had scandal and even produced a son~! And their mom too... storm will come...

It's nice to see that people pay attention to this drama! :lol:

Hopefully, this forum will get more attention too~! :)

btw, what 'makjang' is? :)

btw, what 'makjang' is? :)

[146 : SOCIAL EXPLORER] Makjang Drama's Eight Factors

On weekday evenings, most Koreans come together in front of the television. Koreans love Makjang Dramas. They give full play to their imaginations. Unfortunately, imagination is not always good. These days, people watch television feeling abused and angry. There are four typical Makjang dramas. This column shows you the eight factors of Makjang dramas by examples of four typical Makjang dramas.

#1. Conflict between the mother-in-law and the daughter-in-law

Recently, one of the drama’s most famous factors is a conflict between a mother-in-law and a daughter-in-law. ‘You’re My Destiny (KBS, 2008)’ which is a popular drama shows conflict between the mother-in-law and the daughter-in-law very well. The mother-in-law thinks that her son was cajoled into a marriage by the daughter-in-law. So, she hates her daughter-in-law and lets her wash the bed clothes in the depth of winter; deep attachment and desire about her son result in abusing her daughter-in-law. Finally, this conflict gets solved and the drama ends. Women avoid marriage these days. There are many reasons women avoid marriage. One of the reasons is the potential conflict between mother-in-law and daughter-in-law. That understanding june result from Makjang dramas that have this factor. The trend of public opinion can be corrected.

#2. An Incurable Disease

The story of the drama ‘You're My Destiny,’ which aired on the 9th of January, 2009 is far from realistic. The heroine's mother and mother-in-law suffer from leukemia and their bone-marrow both matched the heroine's. The heroine suffered from an incurable disease in the past. But these days, the villains that suffer from incurable diseases likely to be punished by Heaven. The most typical drama is, ‘Temptations of the Wife.’ The drama story solves the problem through an incurable disease which can be an excuse for everything that is a problem. The drama that has an influence on society must be realistic.

#3. Conflict Between Enemies

Betrayal and revenge are drama’s trendy factors. A villain betrays the heroine and the betrayal brings about revenge. It's the story line of the drama ‘Temptation of Wife.’ Television viewers feel catharsis and an agreeable feeling. Surely, it must gain a larger audience. Makjang dramas that have this factor can make young boys and girls consider betrayal and revenge. We shouldn’t overlook this fact.

#4. Immoral Intimacy

A heroine’s husband is having an affair with her best friend. Her best friend tries to kill the heroine. The heroine has an abortion. Finally, a heroine plans revenge. The drama's abominable cruelty is continued beyond acceptable levels. The question at issue is that television viewers like these adrenaline charged episodes. The drama 'Once Again but Detestable’, first broadcast on the 4th of February 2009, has an immoral intimacy issue. Why do many dramas tackle immorality recently? Immoral intimacy becomes a common matter and divorce can be found all around us in Korea. Perhaps we june have to consider that problem.

#5. Secret of Birth

The secret of birth appears when it reverses another actor’s destiny. This factor has been used in many famous dramas including ‘Fall Fairy Tales’, ‘Females of Sun’ and especially ‘The East of Eden’, which records audience ratings to be over 30%. Reason why this factor arises in Korea june be because the drama writers’ imagination is lacking. They choose the box office factor to write dramas instead of something original and striking.

#6. A Love Triangle

It is a familiar situation to Koreans because most Korean dramas have this factor. Two heroes that are rich and handsome love one heroine. It is easy to see around us, too. If you are a woman, you june want to experience that situation once.

#7. Loss of Memory

When it comes to memory loss, these dramas are sometimes rather boring. In ‘Man Rather than Flower’ the drama’s hero loses his memory; it is commonplace but interesting. ‘Winter Love Song’ is the legend of a drama exploring the loss of memory.

#8. Freezing of Social Position

The Cinderella story: a selfmade woman, and a rich outstanding man. These are the factors that most Korean dramas have. These are never removed factors. And further, dramas are one part of the society, especially dramas that reveal a woman’s mind is a large reason to watch. Women want a man with more intelligence than her either consciously or subconsciously. Dramas that have these factors will gain television viewers’ love forever.

Park Ji-hae 기자(ha_e21@gnu.ac.kr)

Archived