[Drama 2010] Dandelion Family / Blossom Sisters 민들레 가족

Guest C51236

Guest samasta93

the c-subs are slow but i just hope they'll continue doing it till end of drama. i also hope more ppl will come to this thread and my wish is that it'll get popular enuf for just JH & HW cuts that follows only their story, that will be so great!

well.. how to get more people to this forum? I would love to see this forum becomes more active too :lol:

maybe like Smile, You~? hahahaaa.. :lol:

yaishh.. at least this forum have some people who wrote and commented on it... ;)

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest zealioner

Episode 9

Carrying forward from where the last episode left off, Sook-kyung (YANG MI KYUNG, mother) barges into her son-in-law's office, confronting him about his pretense regarding Ji-won's (SONG SEON MI, eldest daughter) pregnancy. Without even flinching, Myung-suk (JUNG CHAN, eldest son-in-law) admits his mistake. He explains that even if it's only for once, he wants Ji-won to experience the family support rendered to her during her time of pregnancy. How he wish he's given the chance to run out and buy her favorite street food when her craving hits! He breaks down, kneels to seek forgiveness and Sook-kyung's earlier anger vanishes at sight of his despondency. She consoles him and all is forgiven.

Sang-gil (YOO DONG GEUN, father) is having a trying time too. He's meeting friends for lunch and they start imparting advice about life after retirement. They are obviously not thinking on the same line because Sang-gil is soon hurrying them to finish and part ways when the conversation veers towards girls. He takes the cab back to his office, sights the new director and his entourage entering the office building. His imagination strays for a second, seeing himself heralding the entourage. He snaps out of it, his mood is heavy.

Pil-nam (Tae-hwan's mother) is heart-broken that her boyfriend is migrating. She's drunk and crying herself silly - a pathetic sight that is irking Tae-hwan. When she begins to lament about her poor life (how the men in her life always left her) and the sacrifices she had made for Tae-hwan (she would have remarried if not for fear that he would be mistreated by a step-father), he flares too. "Are you the one who had to give [things] up? I gave up lots for you too!" She eggs him on, demanding to know just what he had given up for her? He couldn't believe her. His mother really didn't know what he had sacrificed? He swallows the WHAT, leaving us in suspense (but I think we all know by now that it has to be his love for Ji-won), and storms into his room.

Byung-gu (Jae-ha's brother-in-law) sneaks into the house, rummages through his father-in-law's clothing for his underwear and hurries out of the house. Jae-kyung. who's doing the laundry, is unable to find her father's missing underwear but her quick mind soon suspects her husband since he was acting sneaky. True enough, he is setting a small fire, ready to burn the underwear, but is cornered by his wife and her father. He's upset that she had just ruined his little voodoo ritual when she puts out the fire and snatches over the underwear. He had learned it from his mother, who guarantees that good fortune will come to his father-in-law (he can remarry well) as well as Jae-ha (he will be bless with a smooth career). He's frustrated and warns her not to blame him if things don't turn out smoothly from now.

Something big is hurling towards an unsuspecting Hye-won (LEE YOON JI, third daughter). Two female customers are demanding to see her over a bad lingerie sale, her colleagues are puzzled by the accusation since Hye-won isn't responsible for the lingerie section. Just as Hye-won arrives, she's instantly attacked by the two women and verbally abused. Chaos ensue as colleagues lunged forward to pull her away from her attackers. Her colleagues suspect that her attacker may be the wife of Jung Sung-jae (department head) when the woman calls her a vamp and curses her for seducing her husband. They call for Jung to the retail floor.

Jae-ha (KIM DONG WOOK), who's at the store, overhears Jung speaking anxiously over the phone. Then he hears Hye-won's name being mentioned and about if she's hurt. Jae-ha hurries behind Jung to wherever he's heading for. Meanwhile, Hye-won is a rag doll - pushed at, pulled at,and bearing the accusations of being an adulteress. She voices her innocence but the abuse continues. The sorry sight is witnessed by both men who have just arrived at the chaotic scene. Without a thought, Jung makes a move to rush forward. The ever calm Jae-ha pulls him back, but his eyes are fierce with anger. "It's a time to put an end to this now. If you go over now, both you and Hye-won are dead meat. Get it?" Jung halts in his tracks, possibly finding sense in Jae-ha's theory.

Jae-ha heads for the centrestage and separates Hye-won from her attackers. By now, her attire is in a mess and is unable to defend herself anymore. Jae-ha shields her and wages a war on the women.

"WHAT'S THIS ABOUT? Do you think you can go scot-free after what you had done?!"

His threat earns him a timeout as the women soon stop their attacks. He instantly turns towards Hye-won, asks if she's okay, pulls her jacket back on and pulls her towards him. He whispers, "Don't cry here, understand?" Hye-won holds back her tears, he gives her an encouraging thump on her arms. His gentle concern is replaced by raw anger as he turns to face the women. Not wanting to be on the losing end, the woman demands to know who he is.

"Me? I'm this lady's future husband." The air changes instantly. Shock replaces the warring tension that was just present a moment ago. Jae-ha continues, "I don't who your husband is. But why would a woman who's to be wedded, put herself down by seducing someone else husband? Do you have any evidence?"

The woman is more than eager to produce evidence. She dares Jae-ha to asks Hye-won about the gift certificates that she had received from her husband. How her husband had put on a new shirt and tie and the text messages they had exchanged. At that revelation, Hye-won's eyes widen. The woman lunges for her again, Jae-ha blocks the attack and she's held back by Hye-won colleagues. Hye-won realizes that her attacker is the wife of Yoon sunbae. By now, Jae-ha has got it too. He smirks at the understanding, earning the wrath of the other party.

"You laugh? The woman you're marrying is having an affair!"

"This is what should follow then. The poor suffering sunbae, with three kids and a wrath of a wife, was faced with the possibility of being axed. He comes looking for help, pleading his case. This kind lady offers her help and that worthless sunbae presents her with a gift in appreciation. She had wanted to return his gift but was concerned for his pride. So, she returns his gesture with a set of shirt and tie of equal value. What comes after was his note of thanks, starting it off with 'Dearest...'! I won't stand for my woman being humiliated to this degree!"

Jae-ha then rolls off the legal charges that they will be accounted for, and if they should be unable to make compensations, they will just have to be sentenced. That sure shut everyone up. Satisfied, he throws them a last fiery look, puts his jacket over Hye-won and huddles her away from the crowd.

Outside the building, away from prying eyes, Hye-won begins to sniffle. Jae-ha asks if she's okay but his frustration towards her can no longer be contained.

"Didn't I tell you to be careful? This isn't the way to handle things. It's easy to rouse the suspicions of others. Don't you know how the world works? You're always so full of yourself, how did you let things become so?" Hye-won finally cries and Jae-ha stops his ranting, offers her some tissues.

"I feel so wronged. I'm so angry....how did it...how should I explain this? I thought this is the right thing to do. I merely wanted to treat people with sincerity....I'm such a joke...I'm a fool, right?"

"So what if you're a joke? So what if you're a fool? What's the truth is: you're such a cool lady. Of all the ladies I know, you, Park Hye-won, is the most righteous and cool of all ladies."

Hye-won seeks refuge at Ji-won's, not wanting to return home with a bruise on her forehead. By now, she has learned about her sister's non-pregnancy and offers her sympathy. Mi-won (MAYA, second daughter) arrives with soup for her sister, unaware of the latest developments, rattles away about kids and the troubles they bring, and about how Ji-won is looking under the weather with her pregnancy. The mood becomes uncomfortable, Hye-won hushes her up.

After learning the truth, Mi-won, being blunt but not unkind, tries to console her sister. Life is good for her, didn't she see the plight of the earthquake survivors? Also, she knows of a friend who finally has a child after trying for a decade. Mi-won's words of consolation turns into sensitive thorns of sarcasm. Ji-won breaks away from her usual genteel self and hurls a cushion at Mi-won, spoiling for a fight. To make things worse, Mi-won's son, Yong who was going through Ji-won's closet, comes out with her stash of dolls and baby clothes, excited that his aunt is playing house. Ji-won leaves the room in embarrassment.

At the park, Mi-won shares her worry about Ji-won. is she right of mind? Hye-won chides her sister for being insensitive. Ji-won is going through a hard time and they should be understanding. Mi-won points out that she's not living the good life either. She asks Hye-won if she's attending a match-making session? Isn't she against marriage? Hye-won tells her that she has changed her mind. Mi-won advises her to marry into wealth, for she will soon find out that marriage without money is bad.

Myung-suk returns home, notices that his CDs are a wee way out of order, speaks to his wife about not letting children meddle with his stuff when they come around. He informs her about her mother's day visit and how upset she is. Then goes on tho chide her for wanting another child to come to this world that is so badly ruined by war, diseases and its kind. He tells her to give up on the idea about a child, he doesn't want to be burderned with their wails. Before he leaves the room, he reminds her that she has yet to do her exercise, she should resume her schedule since she's not pregnant.

Hye-won sees her father drinking alone. She asks if he's upset about Ji-won? She conveys Ji-won's apologies to him. Sang-gil tells Hye-won to let her sister know that she should not worry about them. He then asks Hye-won if she's really going on a blind date? he wonders if there's an eligible man out there who is right for her? And that she should just reject if he's not good enough.

Jae-ha, in a bid to buy time out of his plight, had told his sister to lie to their father that he's away in Japan on a business matter for a week. Jae-kyung tells that to Hyo-dong (Jae-ha's father), who accepted it without questions. This worries both Jae-kyung and Byung-gu - it's just so unlike their father to react without pursuing the matter further. Indeed, it's unlike Hyo-dong to do so because he's putting on an act. He has long guessed that it's another one of Jae-ha's trick. He makes a phone call that night....

The next morning, he readies himself for Seoul. Overhearing his father-in-law's phone conversation, Byung-gu learns that he's heading to Jae-ha's studio to move his stuff back. He lets his wife in on the bad news and the couple tries to hold their father back, begging for another chance for Jae-ha. Hyo-dong remarks that he would have given Jae-ha another chance if he had apologised but instead he had lied and even turn off his cell phone, He's letting him have it this time, Byung-gu calls Jae-ha to warn him of trouble ahead but Jae-ha, busy with a shoot, tells his assistant not to receive any calls from his family.

And that proves to be a wrong call, for as Jae-ha's shoot is underway, his father barges in with movers, disrupting work and creating panic for both Jae-ha and his assistant. In an attempt to stop his father, he promises that he will bring the girl home in no time but his father isn't falling for his tricks anymore. Pressed and at loss, Jae-ha tells his father that he will bring the girl to him NOW!

Hye-won is having the most uncomfortable time at the match-making session. For one, the man's mother seems like a hard woman to please. Just as the adults are leaving the young people to mingle, her cell phone rings. Jae-ha sounds like he's in trouble. He merely tells her that the lights have fallen. She assumes that he's hurt, and promises to hurry over. She apologizes for taking her leave, something happened at work and people have been injured. Her mother runs out after her, insisting she leaves it to her staff but Hye-won couldn't abide by her mother's wants. Sook-kyung attempts to stop Hye-won from leaving....

there are c-subs for this drama? can someone let me know which subbing group & the chinese name for this drama? been meaning to check this out but i haven't seen any links for this drama from the site i usually get my dl links from so i was surprised to hear there are c-subs out. thanks for any of your help. :)

welcome exupery! it's called 蒲公英家族 i think it's subbed by 玩玩网, i'm watching from tudou.....yay! more viewers now.

zealioner, thanks for the detailed recap of ep9.

JH's such an interesting character. even though he's laid back, he's very passionate about his job and he's good at it too. he's wise and mature, sensitive, warm and kind. i wonder what exactly puts him off marriage. in his initial proposal to HW, he recognises she has the same qualities as him too. i dun think he will ever try the same stunt (contract marriage) with any other woman except HW. the way they share their thots honestly with each other, they seem to be able to connect at a deeper level - all the right ingredients for a good, strong relationship!

if anyone knows where to watch it raw off a stream site, pray tell. i simply can't wait! ep 11 tomoro!

Guest samasta93

thanks to zealioner for the nice recap :lol:

I love this sentence from JH...

"So what if you're a joke? So what if you're a fool? What's the truth is: you're such a cool lady. Of all the ladies I know, you, Park Hye-won, is the most righteous and cool of all ladies."

so sweet... :lol:

Guest zealioner

Episode 10 (is a BLAST!)

Work has stopped at Jae-ha's studio. His assistant is handing out drinks to the models and company representatives. Hyo-dong has no idea of retreating on his stance, he sits impatiently in wait for his future daughter-in-law, not forgetting to put the heat on his son - lie to him again and he's dead meat! His assistant is equally anxious, pretty sure that Hye-won will not come over. Even if she does come over, she's not likely to cooperate - that temper of hers! Meanwhile, Jae-ha is busy scribbling on a yellow Post-It, pacifying his father, confident that Hye-won will turn up - yet worry begins to cloud his face.

Outside the studio, a cab pulls up. Sook-kyung had tagged along with Hye-won because she's sure that this is all a ruse Hye-won had concocted to get out of the date. Hye-won hurries her home and tells her not to follow her in as it's an accident scene. Leaving her mother to foot the cab fare, Hye-won rushes into the studio. She's frantic, enquires about the accident, Jae-ha hurries out, tells her to calm down and points her to the Post-It that he has stuck on to his palm : 'emergency! please, help me!' Before Hye-won is able to make head and tails of the situation, Hyo-dong walks out, obviously pleased with the nice girl he's meeting.

Jae-ha introduces his father to Hye-won, she greets him with respect and the elderly man is all smiles. Jae-ha steps on the charade a little more, saying to Hye-won, "Haven't you always wanted to meet my father? Introduce yourself." Hye-won is completely taken back by now and looks at Jae-ha with a million questions. He refreshes his plea by pointing her to the Post-It note, tuck in his palm, away from his father's eyes. Although not any enlightened, she plays along and introduces herself.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Jae-ha's father." Hyo-dong's smile has never been brighter. Turning to his son, he chides pleasantly, "Why didn't you introduce such a nice lady to your father at an earlier time? You brat. And you keep making me worry by telling me you aren't marrying."

"Oh, that....we want to date a little longer and make marriage plans slowly." Jae-ha looks at Hye-won, like imploring her not to unmask his pretense. Hye-won sends him THAT LOOK, but doesn't tell on him. By now she has more or less gotten an idea of what's going on.

"There's nothing to worry about marriage. Just marry!"

As Hyo-dong speaks, we see Sook-kyung entering the studio and walking up to Hye-won. Hyo-dong continues. "People in the past never even meet before marriage, but they continue to make babies and raise their children. There's nothing to worry about." Looking at Hye-won, he assures her. "Miss, there's absolutely nothing to worry about when it comes to marriage." Soo-kyung is shocked. "Marriage? Hye-won...!" Hye-won is shocked to see her mother, she turns to Jae-ha. There's absolutely no more room for Jae-ha to back into, which leaves him with the only option of moving on with the play. "There's nothing to be shy about, Hye-won. Since everything is out in the open, let's just get married then!" Sook-kyung turns Hye-won around, "What's this about, Hye-won? You're getting married to this young man?" Hye-won hurries to iron out the misunderstanding but she really is too confused with the situation to know if she can even begin to talk about it without landing Jae-ha in a plight. She looks to him for direction, then looks at his father. Jae-ha CANNOT iron out the misunderstanding, so he rolls it out a little more, introducing himself as Hye-won's boyfriend. Sook-kyung is perplexed, asks Hye-won what's going on. Jae-ha quickly turns the subject about and flatters her beauty - so there's where Hye-won inherited her beauty.

Hyo-dong is surprised to know that Hye-won's mother is here too, they exchange greetings. Navigating the situation to nowhere, Jae-ha makes more conversation: is Sook-kyung here to meet Hye-won for lunch? Hye-won knits her brows, clearly upset that Jae-ha has made thing worse. She mumbles under her breath. "Lunch? I was in the middle of a match-making session!" Hyo-dong caught that one and demands to know why is his girlfriend on a blind date? Jae-ha tries to make eye contact with Hye-won to get out of this one, but she's too upset and ignores him. "Umm, you see, we had a fight. We said to break up in a fit of anger. I guess she went on a date to spite me." Then he apologizes to both parents.

Hyo-dong continues to dish out his advice - they should not go on blind dates just because they had a fight. He seeks agreement with Soo-kyung and she agrees, albeit still confused about what's going on. Hyo-dong blames himself for pressuring Jae-ha to marry despite him not being ready for marriage. He guesses the couple may have fought because of the marriage issue. He suggests to Soo-kyung they go somewhere else to discuss things further. As he turns away with Sook-kyung, Hye-won vents her frustration on Jae-ha.

"What's going on here? You lied about the accident, right?"

"Yes. I lied."

"WHAT? Really! You..."

Hyo-dong urges the couple to follow along. Jae-ha tells him that he will follow soon. He turns around to apologize to his audience and tells them to to take a lunch break. He then pulls Hye-won to his room to talk things over.

"What in the world were you thinking of to do something like this?"

"Calm down. When did I mention marriage again? As I told you, I'm folding up the studio. But even so, I want to complete the assignments on hand. But my father came barging in and threatened to remove my cameras and stuff. What do you think I should do then?"

"Still, you shouldn't have done it. You made things this way. How are you cleaning it up now?"

"Didn't I say it was an emergency? Just for today, pretend to be my girlfriend, okay? Only then, I can finish up the work for the departmental store."

"No. I won't do it again. Reveal the truth and beg for forgiveness." Hye-won turns to leave, Jae-ha grabs her arm to stop her.

"Hye-won, no. My reputation goes down if you reveal it. I can give up my pictures, anything. But I cannot bear hearing people criticising me for running off without completing my work. I thought we're friends, aren't we?. This is my last plea to you. Help me keep my pride intact when I leave this place. I helped you, didn't I?"

Outside the restaurant, Hyo-dong is admiring some Maritime Pine - valuable pine trees that he's growing on his 30,000 acres land, each worth tens of millions won. He has almost 10,000 pines on his land. This bit of information awes Soo-kyung, which I think Hyo-dong is intentionally impressing his in-law with his wealth.

"I didn't know my daughter is dating. When did they start seeing each other?"

"I've heard for a while from my son that he's dating. Young people of today have this preposterous idea of dating and not marrying. I guess they were afraid that we will push for their marriage if we found out that they are dating. That's why they hid it from us."

At this point, Sook-kyung cell phone rings. It's the match-maker, Sook-kyung makes an excuse to postpone the meeting. Hyo-dong overhears and possibly fearing that the future daughter-in-law is not quite his yet, adds a tad of flattery for his future in-law. Some small talk later, Jae-ha and Hye-won arrives - seems that Hye-won has agreed on carrying this charade a little longer. Sook-kyung is extremely pleased with Jae-ha, clutching Hye-won's hands tightly as she tries to control the urge to spill her joy.

Ji-won makes peace with Mi-won by turning up near her place and helps her with her part-time work. The two sisters sit down for a drink till tipsy, by which Mi-won remembers that there are a couple of occasions when Ji-won returned home tipsy during her tertiary school days. "Who were you drinking with?" Mi-won asks out of curiosity. "The man I love." Mi-won tells her to cut the crap, she never did dated before her marriage! The rare period of pleasantness is disrupted when Ji-won offers Mi-won cash equivalent to her day's salary. It's humiliating to see Mi-won grinding it out at her work. Mi-won takes offense at her words. She's putting effort into living her own life but Ji-won is always so full of herself. She throws back the money at her and lashes out that THIS is the exact problem with Ji-won - always a wet blanket!

Ji-won turns up below Tae-hwan's fitness centre (apartment). She quickly hides herself when she sees her mother exiting the building with Tae-hwan and his mother. Sook-kyung had arrived earlier to share the great piece of news with Pil-nam about Jae-ha and his wealthy family. After Sook-kyung left, Pil-nam tells Tae-hwan about Ji-won's pregnancy. He's upset by the news and chides his mother for not letting him know earlier. He felt bad because he had congratulated Ji-won about it.

Ji-won returns home in a worse mood than before. She even worked up the guts to rebut Myung-suk when he quizzes her about what she had eaten. The calories she had piled on. A greater chance of contracting breast cancer with all the fats in her body. He demands that she weighs herself that instant and when he sees that she had put on an extra 5 kilos, he reminds her that she has only beauty to her name and that she should think hard about what she has to do about her weight. The moment he turns his back, Ji-won flung the weighing scale on the floor. Myung-suk responds to her outburst of anger with a chilling calmness. He tells her that such things are meant to be shattered in another way. He picks it up and slams it down on the floor, shattering it to pieces. There's not all, he picks up a golf club and shatters the flower vase and dares her to replicate his actions. By now, Ji-won is shaking and crying in fear; Myung-suk lays down his anger in an instant, hugs her and professes his love for her in an all too collected manner.

Jae-kyung is suspicious when she learns from her husband about Jae-ha's girlfriend. Her father is staying over at Jae-ha's for the night and has just filled Byung-gu in about Hye-won. Jae-kyung is not easily convinced, where in the world would a girl just pop out when Jae-ha has always insisted that he doesn't have a girlfriend? Could he have rented a girlfriend and a mother-in-law for the act? Byung-gu chides her for not understanding her brother. Jae-ha isn't someone to resort to such tricks. She's curious if Hye-won is pretty, Byung-gu tells her that her father described her as nice/kind. That means she's pretty in the terminology of men, Jae-kyung replies.

Hyo-dong complains that he's aching all over because of Jae-ha. His son apologizes and promises to earn a ton of money in return.

"Anyway, I'm extremely pleased with the young lady. Get married."

"Huh? Actually...Dad. We've not been dating too long. I'm fine with it, just that Hye-won..."

"Don't worry. You and the young lady will definitely get married."

"Huh?"

"We'll get her mother first. Wait and see. She'll be more eager than us."

As he lays down to sleep, he couldn't stop smiling about how pretty Hye-won is, especially that pair of big beautiful eyes...

Hye-won is having a hard time too. Her mother tells her of plans to meet the gentleman from the blind date session again. Her husband is puzzled about why she's singing the praises of that stranger when she was just gushing about Jae-ha earlier. Sook-kyung explains that it's important to cast the net further in order to haul in a good catch. She teases Hye-won for dating the photographer with the excuse of work. Hye-won tries to explain that it's not so. Sook-kyung is pleased with both men and she is leaving the choice to Hye-won. She can marry whoever she prefers. Both Sang-gil and Hye-won are finding it hard to understand her train of thought.

Hyo-dong is back home. He rewards a certain Mr. Kim who is one part of the trio who had went to Jae-ha's studio, attempting to move his stuff. It's all an act to pressure Jae-ha into submission. Mr. Kim is surprised to find that his money packet is heavier than the others. Hyo-dong explains that a part of it is for his wife who runs the town's grocery mart. He's sure that Soo-kyung will send someone over soon to find out about Jae-ha's family. He doesn't need them to lie for him, just impress the other party with a good dose of truth about his family.

After Mr. Kim's departure, Jae-kyung asks for her share of reward. She and Byung-gu had assisted Hyo-dong in his plan too. Hyo-dong reminds her that she's not allowed to bully Jae-ha's wife when he's not around. She hints that she would need a larger reward then. Hyo-dong is overjoyed that Jae-ha is finally getting married. What a relief!

True to his prediction, Sook-kyung and Pil-man arrive at Jae-ha's hometown. Pil-nam tells Soo-kyung to wait in the car while she snoops around to verify if Hyo-dong is indeed a rich land owner and horticulturist. Meanwhile, Jae-kyung learns from the town's realtor that some woman from Seoul has been asking about Hyo-dong's land and his address. Pil-nam calls Soo-kyung to share the good news. Hyo-dong is indeed as rich as he had told her. To convince her, she takes some picture of his huge house, unaware that Hyo-dong and Byung-gu are approaching the house. They confront her suspicious manner, Pil-nam makes a dash but is caught by Hyo-dong....

******End of Episode 10******

Guest samasta93

thanks thanks to zealioner for the nice recaps :lol:

o.m.g wanna see tonight's episode + tomorrow too~!!! yayyyyy~!!! :lol:

yes i can't wait too.

actually, JH really understands HW very well, he knew that she was being drawn to the dept store president even before she realises it herself. JH pointed it out to her and she of course denied it but i think increasingly she begins to see how that president guy does have a soft spot in her heart. i think she completely 'wakes up' from all this fog when he held her hand in the car, i think that startled her abt her own inclinations and she's now desperate to stop herself hence she decides to team up with JH....yay! he goes to her family to propose for her (but gets turned down by her father, dunno why!)

Thanks zealioner for the nicely detailed recaps.

This drama is starting to really interest me... since episode 10.

I've been fast forwarding... but I think I'll really watch from now on.

I love Lee Yoon Ji, but only liked her characters in "Pure 19" and "Goong".

I hope this drama will continue to get better... and let me enjoy seeing Lee Yoon Ji.

Hopefully... the drama won't bomb later on as "I Love You, Don't Cry" did.

I bailed on that drama at around the same time you stopped the detailed recaps on it.

Guest zealioner

From the various messages posted here, I guess we are ALL fans of ONLY the Jae-ha and Hye-won plot line :lol:

The contract love/marriage, marriage of convenience etc has always been one of my favorite plots however I am drawn to this drama not so much because of that but rather out of curiosity if Kim Dong Wook and Lee Yoon Ji can actually pair it off well. They don't actually look like they can but WOW - THEY CAN! Before episode 10, I was wondering how much further they are going to drag it out between them before they contractually talk about their marriage to get their parents/problems off their back. I'm getting excited about the coming episodes.

The thing I'm curious about: is the opening scene (Episode 1) meant to provide some significance to the later developments in their story line? I need to go back to watch it again to be sure, but I believe Hye-won took Jae-ha's résumé by mistake after they bumped into one another? THAT has to mean something for later, right?

So far, Jae-ha is the only character who's an open book, unlike the others who are full of (unknown/sad) stories behind their exterior. I'm waiting to find out about his insecurities, that will add a tad more of interest to his character and his relationship with Hye-won.

@ai*

I'm feeling Jae-ha's 'understanding' of Hye-won stems from being observant rather than truly understanding her as in an emotional way. At that point of time (about 3 episodes back), when the Yoon sunbae and deaprtment head's issues had risen, Jae-ha was always there as a third person looking in. He gets the overview, and being a sensitive person, he anticipates what will happen which explains why he's always so quick to get into action in defending her against the gossip-mongers as well as getting her out the fix involving Yoon's wife.

What I don't doubt is, between the two of them, Jae-ha definitely has a stronger liking for Hye-won - whether it's a platonic liking or a romantic liking (that he's not aware of), that is debatable. From the premise, we know that the two people have been in a long working relationship, but still, what they have until then is only A WORKING RELATIONSHIP. So why in the world would Jae-ha confer himself as Hye-won's (unofficial) hero, what would have prompted Jae-ha to kiss Hye-won spontaneously at the stair landing (without any thought of crossing boundaries) just to get her out of the scandalous fix?

Even if they guy doesn't has a convincing reason (which I guess he might have tens of excuses if forced to answer that), there has to be a hidden emotion dictating all his actions when Hye-won is concerned. What's for sure is: he's extremely comfortable with Hye-won to propose the contract marriage. For two people to be living together (whatever relationship it is), knowing that you don't mind being around him/her for a period of time is a foremost concern.

I think both Jae-ha and Hye-won's reason for not wanting to marry is a need to stay independent and experience life rather than because of some specific reasons. I believe they never actually say they will stay unmarried for life, just not now.

@ahoxan

I've always felt apologetic about dropping the recaps for 'I Love You, Don't Cry' but that drama is a serious torture :wacko:

I don't think 'Dandelion Family' is headed for disaster because most weekend family dramas are pretty well written, with the occasional hiccup that stalls the story but not likely to overturn it. Also, weekend family dramas are on a different level of writing compared to the daily dramas.

Guest mymyx2

Thanks zealioner for the well written summary! I was also wondering if the first scene btwn Hyewon and Jaeha is significant later one or not. When they were working to togther, did they know that they had met before?

Thanks to all those who posted pictures and links too!

Hehe...I am also a fan of the Hyewon and Jaeha plot line. I'm somehow really attracted to this pair and their plot line. ^^"

Just watched episode 11 (only got the general idea, hoping for another summary...). Anyone know what was the written note,or list, that Hyewon gave to Jaeha?

I really hope Jiwon will stand up against her husband, but I hope she won't get hurt (he seems quite violent).

Man, I love this drama. It's been a long time since i've watched a show where I cared about the stories of all the characters not to skip their scenes. I'm glad to see episode 12 will further develop the breakdown of Ji-won and her husband. I'm also a little curious about Jae-ha's sister's look when she first meets Hye-won. It could be a source of drama if she finds out that the marriage is a sham.

Just as an aside, does anyone know when the OST or theme songs are being released? I really like the theme song for this drama.

Archived