Japan Kao Prettia Bubble Hair Coloring

Guest kimmi.kami

Guest aigoo20

Hey guys! Im planning on buying prettia again but i'm debating on Elegant ash and Antique rose. Can you guys help me? This is mee:

6rsys6.jpg 

iwsmbo.jpg

Please dont mind me face XD

Anyway, Would antique rose suit me?? :o or elegant ash better? My hair color is kind of a dark brown. more like black brown. When im under sunlight, It has this orange,golden kinda brassy color and I HATE IT! >.< And could you please identify my skin color? Im confused of being cool or warm @.@

PLUS! Will antique rose fade into a orange color too? or a more reddish color? I think elegant ash is betterbut i think antique rose is good too > < Please help!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey :) I was wondering if anyone knew which prettia dye I should use to try and get this shade:

tumblr_lvtsisxlEU1r1tcxho1_500.jpg

I'd like if it were that shade, or similar to it, in the same lighting conditions as the photo as well.

My current haircolour is this in normal lighting during the day

a.jpg

My hair was naturally black but i dyed it sweet pink in mid-july this year. ^^

p.s. -> sorry about dragging down the page with pictures ><;;; any help is appreciated~~

Guest stillxangell

^ I think Glossy Brown would give you something like that colour. I noticed that your pictures from KPOP fest syd. I was there too. Correct me if im wrong lmfaoo

^ I think Glossy Brown would give you something like that colour. I noticed that your pictures from KPOP fest syd. I was there too. Correct me if im wrong lmfaoo

Thanks! :D I was tossing on whether glossy brown or marshmallow brown would get me the colour last night but i decided i'd get an opinion on it first haha xD And yes, the photo is from the fest. I was at the kpop fest in sydney :P Bet u had fun there

Guest huntj09

can anyone help me?

I was thinking about dying my light blonde (natural) hair in the Antique Rose shade, however i also have the raspberry brown sitting here unopened. If i dye my hair the raspberry brown, can i dye the antique rose over it? If i want to do a touch up will i have to re-dye with both colours again?

Guest BellaBabyy

hi to all lovely soompiers lol~ i was wondering if someone can help me choose a color that would be suited for thick black/dark brown virgin hair haha. I want a color that will show up but not too dramatic, something that isn't too orange, brassy, too golden (might clash with my yellow skin? LOL), or too red. LOL now i know this sounds like a lot of requirements, and you may be thinking don't dye it then, but i'm sure there's a nice mid brown-ish color out there? i've browsed through many pages and it seems like people are recommending colors like milk deep brown and marshmallow brown...sweet pink looks nice too, but is it really red in real life? i'll appreciate it if someone can help me! thank you!!! :wub:

can anyone help me?

I was thinking about dying my light blonde (natural) hair

I'd say you can dye it both, but if u want to touch up and get the SAME colour, you'll have to use both colours again. And also i believe that if u dye it raspberry brown first, when u dye it antique rose it'll show up darker than what it would if didnt use raspberry brown. Although you may want to leave the dye in less than the suggested time since your hair is naturally blonde, and this dye is designed for darker hairs.

hi to all lovely soompiers lol~

If it's virgin black/brown go for a lighter colour if u want it more obvious. I dyed mine sweet pink :) it's really obvious in bright lighting and at first itll be pretty obvious is normal lighting, but after awhile itll start to tone down and it wont be as noticeable. It's actually a really nice colour, if ur goining for a dark to midtone brown. If also suggest u leave it in longer than the suggested amount of time if u want it to show more.

Guest BellaBabyy

@neko659 thanks for the suggestions!! i was trying to search pics of sweet pink and from what i have seen, it does look like a really pretty color! i was wondering if you know how obvious the roots are :lol:, since you said it turns into a mid-dark brown color. it'll be nice if it kinda mixes in with the roots, in case i'm too lazy to redye lol~

@neko659 thanks for the suggestions!! i was trying to search pics of sweet pink and from what i have seen, it does look like a really pretty color! i was wondering if you know how obvious the roots are :lol:, since you said it turns into a mid-dark brown color. it'll be nice if it kinda mixes in with the roots, in case i'm too lazy to redye lol~

you mean when your hair starts to grow out? It doesnt mix too well with virgin black or dark brown LOL XD its actually pretty noticable even without bright lighting, the change in colour from the roots i mean :P

Guest BellaBabyy

you mean when your hair starts to grow out? It doesnt mix too well with virgin black or dark brown LOL XD its actually pretty noticable even without bright lighting, the change in colour from the roots i mean :P

i assumed the color wasn't that noticeable b/c u said dark brown LOL ahah opps, i guess there will be maintanence then hehe, how long do people usually wait till they have to touch up? if it's often, then it would be pretty damaging right? :P, & thank you for answering so many of my questions! :D just one final one, is sweet pink more red tone based then?

Guest Sapphires

Hi, I have virgin black hair right now and I plan on dying it with either chiffon beige or glossy brown over Winter Break. I know it already comes with developer, but would you recommend me adding a higher volume developer since it'll be my first time? I'm aiming for a light brown color and I know that'll be difficult seeing as I haven't dyed my hair before.

Also, I got my hair permed around 3-4 months ago, will dying my hair effect my perm anyway?

This is my hair right now:

4eebc5da38443.jpg

This is the hair color I'm aiming for:

Click here

^^^ I would think that it would, if your lucky, appear that colour in bright lighting if its ur first time dying. Just a guess tho

is sweet pink more red tone based then?

MM maybe its just me but i find it pretty noticable :P It should be fine without a touchup though because though its noticable, the colour of my natural hair seems to blend with the sweet pink xD And touchup times will just depend on how fast your hair grows. My hair grows really slow so its been about 6 months since i dyed mine and i need to do a touchup soon. Yes, sweetpink is more red tone based. :) Good luck!

Guest BellaBabyy

Yes, sweetpink is more red tone based. :) Good luck!

thank you! i just bought sweet pink today, and im so excited to try it out :D i know you said to leave it on for a longer time, but exactly how long did you leave the hair dye on for? the sales lady suggested to leave it on for 30 mins lol...and did u start from the top or bottom? the sales lady said that it'll be more even if you do it from the top but i've read that other ppl said that the color will be brighter on the top compare to the bottom if you do the top first b/c of the heat...LOL im sucha hair dye noob :sweatingbullets:

I've dyed my hair bitter apricot. There's not much difference, just slightly browner with a purpleish red tint. Very subtle. =(

So since I wanted sth more dramatic, I bought natural ash and will dye it on top in 3 or so weeks time. I dyed my hair like 5 days ago lol.

I'm planning to dye my hair royal brown in 4 months time.

Gosh my hair's gonna be screwed up later lol. I guess I got to do some hair treatments weekly or sth.

thank you! i just bought sweet pink today, and im so excited to try it out :D i know you said to leave it on for a longer time, but exactly how long did you leave the hair dye on for? the sales lady suggested to leave it on for 30 mins lol...and did u start from the top or bottom? the sales lady said that it'll be more even if you do it from the top but i've read that other ppl said that the color will be brighter on the top compare to the bottom if you do the top first b/c of the heat...LOL im sucha hair dye noob :sweatingbullets:

Hallo, sorry to randomly butt into your conversation XD I dyed my hair with Sweet Pink as well - intended to leave mine in for 40min, but I forgot and ended up leaving it in for 45min instead (it wouldn't make too much of a difference though!) It's true that you should not start from the top; I did the middle first, then the ends and then the roots, but my roots were still slightly lighter than the rest of my hair. But good luck!! Nice thing about Prettia is that application is so easy ^_^

I had always used prettia to dye my hair. But I wanted my hair to be blonde this christmas, so I switched to palty ash brown since palty had lighter color range. I was sooo disappointed that not only it didn't dye my hair blonde, it stripped away all my prettia color dye. My hair before the palty dye was light brown, now I have black hair (almost my natural color)! I am quite determined to get the color I wanted, so I think I am gonna wait two weeks to redye. Should I use bleach then dye it with prettia, or can I just go with the lightest prettia? I don't want to fry my hair. I want a light color like this

Popteen-Japanese-Teenage-Magazine.jpg

will prettia Hi Bleach achieve this result??

Guest sondora88

Hi all wondering if I could get some advice please!!

I'm 1/2 asian and did have virgin black/dark brown hair, I dyed it about 4 days ago with Palty Sakura Creamy & left it on for about 40mins with 2 boxes.

The next day the colour darkened and now its gone almost back to normal with a reddish tinge unless I'm in really bright sunlight lol

It only really showed up on the roots anyway!

I have a box of Prettia Milk Tea Brown that I was thinking of using soon since Palty didn't really make a big difference (mostly just in my roots!)

Do you guys think the Prettia would lighten my hair up and make more of a difference than the Palty? Would the colour come out even or would it give me blonde roots?!

Thanks for your help!

Archived