AGB

SBS    :   The Master's Sun
EP01   :   13.6%(    ) /  14.8%(    )

KBS2   :   The Blade and Petal
EP11   :     6.3%(+1.3) /   6.1%(+1.1)

MBC    :   Two Weeks
EP01   :    7.5%(    ) /   8.9%(    )

CR: AGB Nielsen Korea

team masters sun!!! hahahahahah! :)) fighting!!

DRAMA RECAPS
Master’s Sun: Episode 1

by javabeans | August 7, 2013 |

master1-00004a.jpg

More new dramas! Master’s Sun is the new SBS show about a ghost-seeing heroine and the Richard Simmons who might just be her key to not seeing them anymore, and had a fun, well-crafted premiere into the world and its characters.

I think we were all approaching this project with a certain amount of hesitation, mostly because the Hong sisters writing team stumbled rather spectacularly on their last outing, some drama that made no sense that I refuse to remember. And while I would note thatMaster’s Sun is less zany and outright funny than their previous rom-coms, which thus makes it tonally more like That Drama Which Shall Not Be Named, I did find it heartwarming and appealing in a way that That Drama wasn’t. I suspect Gong Hyo-jin’s personal warmth and earnestness have a lot to do with that

http://www.dramabeans.com/2013/08/masters-sun-episode-1

tdfshp5uj02sd714da8gkh2tux91ho71.jpg

Queen of romantic comedy, Kong Hyo jin finally returned to TV screen with a new series. Even before the series was aired, it made a big issue as the drama starred Kong Hyo jin, who is Korean Renee Zellweger, the master of romantic comedy genre. 
In this new drama ‘Master’s Sun,’ Kong Hyo jin took a role of ‘Tae Gong sil,’ who has ability of seeing dead people after a severe accident. Although it has been two years since her last work, Kong again showed great acting skill as she naturally absorbed Tae Gong sil’s characteristics. Only one episode has been aired so far, but people already expect that Kong will make another new trend with her unique charms.
The first thing that was noticeable was changes in appearance. To describe the character, Kong Hyo jin made a huge dark circle around eye area and gave up to look pretty or cute. Kong plays a character of lunatic but she still showed her own lovely charms that attract the audience to TV screen.  Meanwhile the new series ‘Master’s Sun’ is about a man who is very arrogant and a woman who sees dead people and has lots of tears. This ‘romantic horror comedy’ is written by famous writer duo Hong Jung eun and Hong Mi ran, who also wrote Kong Hyo jin’s previous work ‘The Greatest love.’ New episodes will be aired on channel SBS every Wednesday and Thursday at 10 p.m. (photo captured from SBS ‘Master’s Sun’)

551017_363198360475593_684993829_n.jpg
class="post-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; line-height: 18px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-variant: normal; font-weight: bold; font-style: normal;"The Master’s Sun Episode 2 Review: Gong Hyo Jin Begs So Ji Sub to Sleep with Her

In The Master’s Sun, episode 2, Tae Gong Sil(played by Gong Hyo Jin) begged Joo Joong Won(played by So Ji Sub) to sleep with her.

Gong Sil told Joon Won that she saw his first love who departed fifteen years ago. Then she confessed to him, “I see dead people. They come to me, or I just end up seeing them randomly. They sometimes ask for their favor. They hang onto me all night long, and wouldn’t let me sleep. But then I don’t see or hear them anymore when I touch you. This never happened to me before. That’s why you’re special to me.”

She continued, “If I’m with you, I’ll be able to sleep well, and live a normal life. I want to be next to you.” However, Joong Won, who did not believe her, said, “I’m not scared. I’m rather scared of you who I can see and hear. I’m going to make you even more scared if you try to flirt with me again.”

cr: koreandrama class="post-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; line-height: 18px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-variant: normal; font-weight: bold; font-style: normal;"

class="post-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; line-height: 18px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-variant: normal; font-weight: bold; font-style: normal;"The Master’s Sun Episode 2 Review: Gong Hyo Jin Keeps the Friendship of High School Girls

In The Master’s Sun, episode 2, Tae Gong Sil(played by Gong Hyo Jin) managed to keep the friendship among four high school girls.

As a photo of an unknown spirit at Joo Joong Won(played by So Ji Sub)’s department store started to spread online, a chaotic rumor started to spread along as well. People started to guess that the spirit was the ghost of Joong Won’s departed girlfriend.

Gong Sil, who could see and hear ghosts, knew it was a ghost of a high school girl, not Joong Won’s girlfriend. She went to the girl’s school to meet her friends. Meanwhile, her friends were feeling guilty about the dead girl’s death for leaving her out of their friend group.

Gong Sil tried to tell them that their dead friend did not blame them at all. She sent a text message to them through the girl’s phone. After reading the message, they felt sorry and sincerely apologized to the dead friend. The ghost was able to rest in peace with Gong Sil’s help.

cr: koreandrama class="post-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; line-height: 18px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-variant: normal; font-weight: bold; font-style: normal;"

540168_684696244879908_1832012410_n.jpg

class="post-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; line-height: 18px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-variant: normal; font-weight: bold; font-style: normal;"The Master’s Sun Episode 2 Review: Gong Hyo Jin Becomes So Ji Sub’s Cute Stalker

In The Master’s Sun, episode 2, Tae Gong Sil(played by Gong Hyo Jin) became Joo Joong Won(played by So Ji Sub)’s cute stalker.

As Gong Sil realized she did not see or hear ghosts anymore when she was with Joong Won, she started working as a cleaner at his department store. She said to her friend working at a cafe at the department store, “I got hired here. At least I have a place to hide here.”

Later, Joong Won saw Gong Sil cleaning, and said to her, “Are you trying to stand out by working here to seduce a wealthy man? Stop working here, right now.”

class="post-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; line-height: 18px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-variant: normal; font-weight: bold; font-style: normal;"

Nationwide/Seoul@20130808

AGB

SBS    :   The Master's Sun
EP02   :   14.4%(+0.8) /  15.8%(+1.0)

KBS2   :   The Blade and Petal
EP12   :    6.5%(+0.2) /   6.3%(+0.2)

MBC    :   Two Weeks
EP02   :    8.0%(+0.5) /   9.8%(+0.9)

CR: AGB Nielsen Korea

Team masters sun is leading again! Hhahahahah :))
strike 2 . hahahahah

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Master's Sun" Episode 1

2013/08/08 | 35 views | Permalink | 0 Comments

photo335287.jpg

It's that time of year again. The Hong sisters, Hong Mi-ran and Hong Jeong-eun, are back with a new drama. They are known for their witty dialogue and heartfelt characters like in popular dramas "You're Beautiful" and "The Greatest Love". This summer, along with "City Hunter"'s director Jin Hyeok, they bring us Master's Sun, a horror romcom starring Best Love's Kong Hyo-jin as Tae Gong-shil, a woman who can see terrifying ghosts and loses sleep because of them. Opposite her is the money-loving, dyslexic Joo Joong-won played by the charismatic So Ji-sub.

The opening of the show immediately throws you into Gong-shil's world: dark and eerie. She walks through life feeling afraid, which is a very captivating premise. The orchestral accompaniment and creaking sound effects initially add to the mood, but then become overpowering. And then the first ghost appears and it's a CG nightmare. At first, it's creepy, but the graphics are so awkward that the fear factor is gone in minutes. However, Kong Hyo-jin's acting is marvelous and she grounds the scenes with the coarse CG ghosts. Her fear is palpable.

photo335553.jpg

Joong-won and Gong-shil

It's interesting how Gong-shil has been seeing ghosts for a while and yet they still scare her. They approach her as distorted, ugly beings and change into their human forms once she decides to listen to their feelings and requests. That's her job: never sleep because ghosts always want her to tell someone living their final wishes. I love this idea because by the time she meets Joong-won, she's strung out and crazed due to exhaustion and constant fear-induced adrenaline rushes.

Then, when Gong-shil and Joong-won meet and she accidentally touches him, she discovers that contact with Joong-won makes the ghosts disappear! That makes physical touch a very important factor in the drama and I'm dying to see how the Hong sisters will create hysterical situations from ones that are based in fear.

As for the characters themselves, Gong-shil and Joong-won are the most firmly established and are very well thought out. While fearful and exhausted, Gong-shil still has a childlike approach to situations and people. She is a generally adorable person. When she meets Kang Won played by a very much grown up Seo In-guk, her flirting is so shy and cheesy that it's endearing. Kang Won seems to enjoy her peculiarities, which makes me like him. He seems the type to see deeper into people. Joong-won is the complete opposite. He doesn't care to see past the surface of people. In fact, he seems to avoid getting close to them at all. Instead, he focuses on making money and using his amazing grasp of sarcasm to mock, ridicule and get what he wants. And that makes Gong-shil a perfect woman for him. She has her own issues and doesn't really perceive sarcasm all that well. He doesn't get to her like he gets to other people. That will make him have to open up with her. And she'll be getting all handsy to get rid of ghosts.

So Ji-sub's Joong-won reminds me a little of Cha Seung-won's Dok Go-jin, but that's not a bad thing because Joong-won is not as flamboyant as Dokko Jin and he has different motivators.

photo335552.jpg

Kang Won

Now let's get to the tone of the show. It was erratic and never settled down. The first part of the episode was creepy and made the ghosts a scary part of "Master's Sun" story world. Then, as Gong-shil tried to fulfill the wish of a ghost that brought her and Joong-won together, the show suddenly turned into a ghost/human matchmaking session. The mysteriousness of the ghost world was obliterated. Basically, Joong-won is holding a celebrity wedding at his shopping mall "Kingdom". Tae Yi-ryung, the second female lead played by Kim Yoo-ri-I, is the haughty bride-to-be who has a shared past with Gong-shil; maybe her sister? In any case, the ghost is the groom's dead wife and Gong-shil's job is to relay how much dead ghost wifey loved him. The entire time Gong-shil is running around and dealing with the situation, it feels like a completely different story than the beginning of the show. The Hong sisters and Jin Hyeok need to step up and clear up this mess.

Oh, and they need a new makeup artist. The ghost looks like she left the makeup chair halfway through application.

All-in-all it was a rocky start. But there's potential there as long as the tone evens out and the show relies less on CG and a little more on directing, camera angles, costuming, makeup and the awesome cast.

Written by Raine from Raine's Dichotomy

"Master's Sun" is directed by Jin Hyeok, written by Hong Jeong-eun and Hong Mi-ran and features So Ji-sub, Kong Hyo-jin, Seo In-guk and Kim Yoo-ri-I.Copy & paste guideline for this article

DRAMA RECAPS
Master’s Sun: Episode 2

by girlfriday | August 8, 2013 |

master02-00089a.jpg

This show is a nice breezy watch, filled with cute antics that send the hour flying by in a heartbeat. I’m not madly addicted to it yet, but I find all the players interesting, instantly likable and the premise fun, so I think once the romance gets going in earnest, it’ll probably hook me good ‘n’ proper. Ratings went up for both new Wednesday-Thursday shows: Master’s Sun stayed ahead at 14.4%, and Two Weeks ticked upward at 8.0%.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2013/08/masters-sun-episode-2