Proof that some Korean celebrities heights are fake

Guest NoBreak92

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest gouligoula

just wait till they invent a plastic surgery for increasing your height......then korean celebs will all be tall.

it already exist

Guest summer_iris

it sets off a bad example for girls AND guys because they're lying about their body for a better image. This is encouraging young people to not accept their own bodies, which is one of the biggest issues among teenagers.

Guest Redwarrior

it already exist

Yup, but I only know the painful way (or is it the only way?). The one I know is breaking both your legs and then stretching them as they heal...VERY PAINFUL!

^summer_iris: I agree, sometimes teens like me need to know that we don't have to be live the celebrities on TV. If we're like them then how are we special in our own way?

Guest hamdainvincible

it's usually their entertainment company exaggerating information about them.

Like Super Junior, they even admitted to wearing those in-shoe heels.

But it doesn't matter does it? Who cares how tall celebrities are.

Guest xkrn4lyfx

i've always wondered... do koreans actually suck at math? 6 ft. is 180 cm. 180 cm is NOT 5'10"

i see this like all the time. someone who's 172 cm, comes out at 5'10", doesn't make sense to me either. wtf.

i mean look at the 180 to 5'10" issue. 30 cm is 1 foot. 180/30 is 6 even with no change. 5'10"? i truly don't get this. did my first grade teacher lie to me?

Guest JunEunHae<3

It's not just celebrities. My Korean friend told me that the majority of ordinary Koreans in their 20s also wear the in-shoe heels like the ones SuJu wear, especially the guys! Whenever the girls are not wearing heels, they also use those in-shoe heels inside their sneakers ^^. I think it started as a fad about 5 years ago but now its considered very normal and they sell those slip on heels everywhere.

Guest blu3bubbl3

^isn't that really uncomfortable still? well, i guess after a while you get used to it. anything to look tall right?

even though it's a bit disappointing, this myth actually made me feel better, lol. i really believed KTH was that tall though, cuz she looks comparable next to LBH in Iris.

personally though i think height is easier to deceive than weight, because even if let's say a female celeb states she is 45kg which may have subtracted 1-2kg, she still can't fool the camera, unless she's just got heavy bones. and with their shorter height in reality, they should weigh even less. either way, most krn female celebs are still skinny, to me anyway.

Guest Daiquiri

I don't understand why they can't just SAY their real heights...

is it really that big of a deal? -_-''

It's all about the illusion of being unattainable and perfect. The entertainment business is very much about superficiality so of course their height and weight is exaggerated. Then there's makeup, the spray tan, plastic surgery, and so on.

This doesn't only apply to Korean celebrities btw. I'm not even remotely shocked to hear that celebrities lie... about their measurements.

Guest doraemon555

wow.. i knew they faked their height... and weight and age... and blood type. they would do it if its what is expected of them.. i really dont blame them since the company usually writes the profile.. and it does get twisted along the wayy.

Guest Tofu_Cloud

a majority of Korean girl celebrities claim they are 5'6, but i think they are measuring with heels on or something

a rich korean friend of mine say actually a lot of them are actually 5'4 / 5'5 and have nice slim bodies so they just look really tall in pictures and stuff, but some dont lie... like my favourite celebrites say they are 163..164cm.. thats belivable.

i agreee height it over-rated in reality i find more medium height girls more attractive with nicer bodies. (height isnt over rated for guys tho <3 <3 . tall guys = yums)

Guest J i j i - n e k o

just wait till they invent a plastic surgery for increasing your height......then korean celebs will all be tall.

Seriously, if that were to come true, I'd DIE! I'd be the first in line for that lol

Wow. I can't believe Song Hye Kyo's only a couple of centimeters taller than me! Shocking!

I know that Sunny and Taeyeon are way below 160cm too, as opposed to their profiles. It's nice to know that Korean celebs are not as tall as they say. =)

When I went to Korea over the summer, I passed by so many tall girls in metro, malls, and streets. No one was shorter or as short as me. Most of them seemed like 5'4" and over, but it was because they were all wearing heels and me and my sister wore comfortable flip flops, ahaha. I realized that almost every girls in Seoul wear heels. (definitely bringing a pair next time I go >_>)

Guest Kira379

haha this is good news for me =)

I'm 5' 1", but I'm hoping to grow to 5' 2"... with heels on I bet I can easily hit the 5' 4" 5' 5" mark.

^^ wow if that did happen... wow... so many people would be taller. what would that do to basketball? lol

Apparently BoA is really short, buuut I dunno lol I always felt like she was fairly average height, though not too tall. According to stats on the web, she's as tall as I am;; which is not very tall at all.

uh huh, apparently she is. i went to korea last winter break and my aunt told me that BoA was shorter than me. she knows this because she actually saw BoA in person (my aunt goes to the same hair salon as a lot of celebrities, plus the hair salon is literally walking distance from the SME building). when i went to korea, i was about 152 cm.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest RYUUSEi

the fact you guys care enough is sad.

its also the reason the celebrities probably fake it - because you care.

^Agreed. At first I thought those celebrities were just being silly but I read some replies here and people are actually getting DISAPPOINTED? They lose a bit of their appeal just because they're 2-4 cm shorter than you thought? You can't really blame them for feeling the need to lie.

Archived