Proof that some Korean celebrities heights are fake

Guest NoBreak92

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest is2kwharss501

height doesnt matter. its hard to tell a guys real height because alot of guys use insoles so cant really tell. i know leeteuk and eunhyuk use like three insoles. lol. xP Wooyoung look like he used insoles too. probably that's why he is taller than the 177cm GD

Guest mz simmonz

lol like I need netizens' overly detailed pictures to prove that k-celebs fake their height (and weight). :D

I was wondering why people like Taec, Chansung, TOP, etc looked like GIANTS but then realized they aren't that tall, maybe 5'10 at the absolute tallest, it's just that everybody else is just reallyyyy short, especially the girls they're like 5'1 average and very small framed. I used to think Gyuri was 5'5 but then realized she looked around the same height as shortie Taeyang with HEELS ON. haha.

The camera is so deceiving though. Most of the members of After School look so dang tall but most of them are only 5'5 or so (I guess that's considered "tall" in Korea for women?)..maybe Nana, Uee, and Gahee are the only actual "tall" ones in the group?

Guest tranceeee

*sarcasm* OH wow, the guy's a migit.

whats the significance of TOP fabricating his height? I doubt anyone really cares how tall he is (unless you're really fastidious)

Edit; just noticed the siggy above. Jaebum can't sing well in that vid (its abit pitchy..maybe its the recording... well i hope it is) :'[

Guest _gucci

QUOTE (Honey.bee @ Nov 18 2009, 07:17 PM) *

Celebrities might look flawless, but there is always a imperfection in them. Oh well, the world must be fair.

how is being short an imperfection?

agreeed.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest _FOBchink

They don't necessarily lie about their heights. They're tested for how tall they are expected to be. But sometimes, it's not always reached due to stress and stuff. It was mentioned on some show with Lee Hongki. <3

Guest dh3eta

i dont know why they r so concern about height..

personally i think it's not that important to look taller..

but well..

maybe it's about their image or something..

its kinda funny thou when u see how different it is..

:D

Guest Opheliac.

probably that's why he is taller than the 177cm GD

I found this:

62884100_1231250500.jpg

Apparently, Yoo Jaesuk measured himself on that show and he's 175cm. They're all shoeless in that picture so Gdragon can't be 177cm and TOP can't be 181cm. TOP even looks shorter than Yoo Jaesuk and GD looks shorter than TOP, which means GD's probably around 168/9cm ?? And I heard Taeyang is like 165cm :rolleyes:

Guest mekka

AaaH! What's the hey? Everything about south korean actors are all fake and lies. They are the best secret keepers so why bother, you see them in the streets and you do double takes because they do not look like their photos , but you have to understand their jobs are 'make believe' some take it to the hilt others are just natural and down to earth. Most asian are basically short, so what deal with it.

Guest nana544

Oh well, it doesn't matter. There's nothing wrong with being short or tall. Though, I'm not surprise since majority of Asians are shorter than Caucasians.

Guest Ellush

Exactly. And I cant see what is wrong with being short. I just think its cute^^

but I cant help but wonder…how big/tall/long are those lifters that the korean men use?

Just curious:

thanks!

how is being short an imperfection?

it is for guys.

just like being fat is an "imperfection" for girls

not fair but that's how things are.

for OP: guys always lie about their heights. even NBA players do it. the general rule is that a guy will round up. if he's 5'8.5" he'll round up to 5'9" then add another inch just in case he grew. so a 5' 8.5" will say he's 5'10"

also Korean guys commonly wear high sole shoes and lifts so it's actually very hard to see how tall someone is from pictures. if you wear an insole plus big shoes it can add 2 inches. so a 5' 8.5" guy in shoes will say he's 6 feet (and actually look about 5'11"-6 feet in shoes)

anything from sneaker to loafers to boots can have added lift so really you cannot tell unless everyone is in their bare feet equal distance from the camera

Koreans generally have big heads and tall torsos (but short legs) so even with lifts they look very natural... unlike say Tom Cruise or Jewish guys who have small frames and can't pull it off well

Guest elley_max

LOL

True (to some degree).

And still they - or at least their company - think it does matter.

But yeah, i also think it's a well-known fact that celebs (not only korean) are a LOT shorter than their profiles state they are.

I've just read that t-ara's boram's height is listet at 1,65m (LOL), but she actually says that she's only 1,55m and she never tried to hide that fact, it's just the internet or her company.

Taeyeon's height is listet at 1,60m -1,62m in profiles, but she says she's only 1,59 (though i think she's even shorter).

Many celebs are totally honest about their height, it's just their company that isn't.

It's still funny to see how company's add up to 3 inches (!!!) to some celebs' height (and normally substract like 3kg from their weight), even though everyone can see it's fake.

• 2 years later...
Guest vilde4355

First of all. I don't understand why you guys don't believe that some koreans can be 170 cm (5'7). I mean some have to be taller than average. I live in Europe and I am 165 cm (5'5) I am 14 years old and everyone tell me that I am short. My friends are between 170 - 179 cm (5'7-5'10) and they are girls, believe it or not, but the average height in my country for girls is 170 cm (5'7)  BUT A LOT of girls are taller than that. A tall girl in my country must be 180 cm (6 foot) to be considered as very tall. My sister is 5'9 (175 cm) and a lot of her friends are a half head taller than her. But anyways, people are different. I have recognized that asians are very short, not to be mean or rude, but out from what I have seen. But they are still very sweet. My friend is from Asia and she is only 163 cm (5'4), yeah she is about 2 inches (5 cm) below average for a 14 year old and very short, but still very sweet so height doesen't really matter!

• 3 months later...
Guest Tofu_Cloud

i always knew they lied about there heights and weights even before the idols admit that their "lying profile" is not their fault because their agencies are trying to build an "idol-image" so it's all part of the celebrity fantasy. But really... ppl arent stupid. I've compared tall asian girls compared to "tall" asian celebrities.I dont mean to offend anyone, but in real life when i see 'tall' asian girls it's very rare they have nice bodies.. they are normally really flat on both sides, have abnorally lonnngggg arms and big rectangular stomach and gappy concaved thighs.Now if you look at the K-pop idols who have S-line and have a nice sexy body, find there real height and you would notice they have medium height after you subtract 3-4cm to get their real height. That too me makes more sense since, if you go to clubs and see those girls with beautiful bodies and giant heels, once they remove their heels you would notice their nice bodies tend to be the same height as the kpop idol's REAL height, which is normally 160-165cm. Another example is everyone struggling to carrying hyosung from Secret and im wondering.. if she really is 99 pounds.. why all the struggle? She finally admitted she actually weights 110 pounds. shin sekyung 20100416_shinsekyung2-460x306.jpg 159-162cmSohee 162cm or shorter 15846-sohee-shows-off-perfect-body-coke-bottle-body-goddess.jpgMIn Hyo Rin 158-160cm Min-Hyo-Rin-boxvip.net-1.jpg
if anyone knows Min from Miss A real height and weight.. let me know, my bf thinks her body is perfection.

Archived