Yoon Shi Yoon 윤시윤 | [Movie 2023 "When Our Love Remains As Scent"]

partyon

Just finished watching the best hit last January. I feel so bad for not realising this YSY talent.I know he exist since 2009.But I never actually tried to watch it.I thought he was one of those trying to look handsome kind of actor(sorry my bad). 

I found the best hit after wondering what to watch while waiting for Hwayugi. I like LSY in that story so I tried to look up other story that she was in. And I found the best hit. I must say its the best kdrama I ever watch!

I love YSY acting so much. I have never watch an actor act so spontaneous like him. He is so underrated! He is really good!Right now i’m watching Baker King and 2 days and 1 nite.  

I think Baker King is the only kdrama i ever cried. I cried almost all the episode when he cries (usually it is so hard for me to cry no matter how sad the story is but YSY make me cry).

I watch 2 days and 1 night before YSY is in.But i dont like it. I find them obnoxious and the jokes are annoying.

After YSY join, I find the show better. I know its a variety show it suppose to be funny but I like how YSY balance the group.It shows 6 different characteristics. ( I want to compare him to Kim Jong Kook and Jihyo. I remember people complain that they are not funny in runningman.both are competitive.while the other members are seen as funny. But as whole they balance each other).

After this, I’m gonna try to watch his other drama and then watch the best hit again. Hahaha. I really love that story.

Sorry for the lost post. I’m just excited to write my opinion of him.

I hope he will get the recognition that he deserved and always humble. And good day to everyone!

• Like 7

Why here is such silent while our prince charming has been raising the storm of his talent in various jobs, from his modeling , further more his entertaining in 2n1d show, to the his main job acting ...and making us totally melt?! :wub: ... He's displsying a super image of himself in every aspect ... :blush: 

Here you are, an exact healing Yoonietamin, one of his heart delighting pic... :tongue:

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

@Maryam  there’s really nothing much to post about YSY for now, until the drama is released.. haha.. so maybe thats why its pretty quiet. I think from the poster, teasers and still cuts released, it should be quite clear YSY is the lead protagonist in the drama ‘Grand Prince’. JSW is the lead antagonist. I’ve always believed so.. and JSY-YSY characters are the main couple..

but while im glad he is the lead.. im still pretty unsure about JSY. Ive tried to watch JSY’s other dramas, even rewatch Doctor Stranger (with FFW speed) :tongue:. But im truly unimpressed with JSY. Ive come to think the problem with her ‘acting’ complaints stems from her facial ‘expression’ and that is likely something she cant ‘control’... its the ‘look’ she is born with... that her facial expression doesnt look like what’s generally expected during certain emotions in acting, and even though she looks pretty in pictures, she dont in motion videos like dramas... sigh... i just cant understand what ppl who like JSY see in her, that made them like her, cast her as leads in so many projects, or even grade her ‘acting’ as ‘good’... im actually really trying hard to stamp down my dislike of JSY... hopefully to the extent that i can enjoy the drama later.. :( its tough... i know JSY is likely a nice girl.. but i expect better quality in acting and proper facial expressions from actors in my dramas... its so hard to lower one’s grade.... :crazy::wacko: all i’ve been trying to do is to ‘familiarise’ myself to JSY’s acting.. which isnt realy working much at all so far.. hahaha... 

at this point, im really hoping for minimal JSY-YSY scenes...  :tongue: And really hoping JSY will be sacrificed in the ending, with YSY finding new love with another character, or living his life single until death like MOTW... i cant even expect much in chemistry between JSY-YSY as a couple.... what a mess...

• Like 5
  • Confused 2
  • LOL 1

@icemaid unfortunately, the industry now seems to be saturated with sub-par actresses... not just JSY... for me there’s Hyeri (Girls Day), Go Ara, Suzy, IU.. the list is endless.. :( even if YSY can avoid JSY, there’s always chances he might end up with another sub-par actress given how little good actresses there are to go around... and the industry’s obsession with turning idols into actors.. and giving them lead roles when they arent ready at all... its probably unavoidable.. at some point YSY is bound to meet such ‘sub-par’ actresses... :(:huh: and likely will again in the future... sad truth...

• Like 3

An article about Yoon Si Yoon in"Grand Prince" ...:heart:

Yoon Shi Yoon Looks Gorgeous And Serious In Latest “Grand Prince” Filming Photos

By abby@hellokpop.com | February 10, 2018

BEAUTIFUL PICTURES FROM THE FILMING SITE OF CHOSUN’S HISTORICAL DRAMA GRAND PRINCE HAS BEEN RELEASED, SHOWING YOON SHI YOON’S CONTEMPLATIVE GAZE.

Read More: Yoon Shi Yoon To Star In Romantic Melodrama Grand Prince

Yoon Shi Yoon Grand Prince

Shooting for drama Grand Prince is in full swing in preparation for the launch on March 4. The period romance melodrama is highly anticipated due to its complicated premise and amazing cast.

The production team released stills of actor Yoon Shi Yoon on his first day at the shooting location. He plays the titular role of the grand prince, who will be in serious contention with his brother for the heart of the woman he loves.

Yoon Shi Yoon Grand Prince

Dressed in blue hanbok and top knot, the actor shows a pensive look. In another photograph, his hair in pony tail is distractingly dazzling.

Even in the biting cold weather, Yoon Shi Yoon was revealed to commit to his role with utmost enthusiasm.

Yoon Shi Yoon

The production staff mentioned how Yoon Shi Yoon suits up to his character well by embodying a manly appeal, yet with a soft side. They expect positive outcome for the project because the lead man aspires for a great drama for the viewers.

Grand Prince is a historical drama depicting the tale of two brothers, who will be in dispute after falling in love with the same woman.

Source:http://www.hellokpop.com/tv-movies/yoon-shi-yoon-grand-prince-photos/

• Like 4

23 hours ago, blackberrypie said:

@Maryam  there’s really nothing much to post about YSY for now, until the drama is released.. haha.. so maybe thats why its pretty quiet. I think from the poster, teasers and still cuts released, it should be quite clear YSY is the lead protagonist in the drama ‘Grand Prince’. JSW is the lead antagonist. I’ve always believed so.. and JSY-YSY characters are the main couple..

I don't mean posting about just drama.... ysy has other activities too, especially recently that he shows some hot gestures in 1n2d :tongue: ... it should not be necessarily a new post , but it could be even about the very few released pics or vid parts of  the project and discussing about them as the same you did at your post above... yes there are many things for posting if we would have enough time ... :wink::)

I always get captivated by Yoonie's acting, so i get satisfied by watching all the projects he is in... maybe I liked or disliked some other actors/actresses' acting but nothing causes me cut or avoid watching his performance ... so eagerly waiting for the new drama starring our talented heartmelting actor ... :blush:

for example about the below pic, how adorable his facial expression, his looking way and his pose are ... :wub:

• Like 3

sorry for my bad english but i want to share my opinion
seem like another thread they want jsw to be the male lead and they don't want the drama be pure black and white...i think they want this drama will be like moon lovers drama, leejunki's character has dark image and female lead didn't like at first but end up love him...i think grand prince is different from another drama, seven days queen, moon lovers or any...the only similarity is love triangle...
grand prince...i think ysy's character Lee hwi might be warm and gentle at first (pure and bright color) the only thing for him is loving the female lead from his pure heart... but it might be somethings happen...he change himself into strong and more prudent (dark image but warm heart inside):relaxed:
jsw's character Lee kang, he doesn't look dark or scary but he looks greedy for power (red color suit him)...i mean his character, he looks warm and family guy in real life hehe:D
jsy's character Ja hyun she seem love only lee hwi and will never love lee kang, i mean she seem disgust him (not like another drama that the leads hate each other at first but end up love each other) -_-

i can't write on another thread, i feel, i will be attack hehe:D

the last few second is so clear, ysy's the male lead

Edited by pjypjy
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1

@pjypjy I like your analyzing and criticism and think the same too ... anyway at the final it could be clear what is the real story ... but even if ysy would have the dark image I still prefer and love him without any doubt ... :lol:

let's boost our energy and mood by watching this clip and send our kisses towards him too... :wink::wub:

• Like 2

Randomly sharing some info and my interpretations which ive gathered from articles as well as the stills/bts released so far..

1. From Naraesol blog, the official hanbok designer, they mentioned Lee Kang’s character is purposely decked in darker colors to represent his ‘darker’ side. On the contrary, Lee Hwi’s hanbok are all in bright colors. 

2. Lee Hwi character is 3rd in line to be King, but he has no interest in the crown. At first, before the mention that he is 3rd in line, i thought maybe Lee Hwi is the crown prince. But later on when i read some later on released articles, he is said to be 3rd in line, but has no interest in being King. Means there must be a crown prince somewhere who would be 2nd in line? I dont think Lee Kang is crown prince.. because if he is, he wouldnt need to kill.. haha.. so they probably have another brother who is the crown prince, who Lee Kang is likely to kill first, then he start attacking Lee Hwi. But since he is said to be ‘master of image making’, he is likely to appear amiable to Lee Hwi, like a good ‘hyung’, while planning on attacking Lee Hwi behind his back.

3. The scene where JSY character pour tea for JSW, actually Lee Kang was visiting Ja Hyun’s brother... which means Ja Hyun’s brother is acquainted with Lee Kang, or friends. Ja Hyun’s brother is also against Ja Hyun-Lee Hwi pairing and supposedly will be interfering with their relationship. That scene was also witnessed by Lee Hwi, and he seemed ‘surprised’ to find out that Lee Kang is acquainted with Ja Hyun. That was the scene with YSY filming in white and blue hanbok.

4. In the script reading clip of JSW, the conversation was with Lee Hwi and they were talking about having a future bride chosen for them without being able to know the person beforehand. Lee Hwi was saying he would like to appeal to his father, the King, while Lee Kang was asking Hwi if he already has someone special or someone already catches his interest, and who is the girl, from which family.

5. Ryu Hyo Young character is said to be one who understands Lee Kang best, because she is similarly ambitious like Lee Kang. So we could maybe anticipate more scenes between RHY-JSW.

6. Trailer 3 ending is probably where Lee Hwi will meet Rusigae (Son Ji Hyun), the ‘wild’ girl who will be Lee Hwi’s protector. I dont think he was ‘exiled’, but put in some dangerous situation, maybe Lee Kang tried to kill him and he got lost and saved by Rusigae.

7. Given how we see stills of JaHyun drawing, maybe drawing/art is what brings Lee Hwi and Ja Hyun closer as their common interest.

It seems JSW’s fans cant handle him being antagonist/second lead, and there’s some denials in the Grand Prince drama thread... 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, blackberrypie said:

2. Lee Hwi character is 3rd in line to be King, but he has no interest in the crown. At first, before the mention that he is 3rd in line, i thought maybe Lee Hwi is the crown prince. But later on when i read some later on released articles, he is said to be 3rd in line, but has no interest in being King. Means there must be a crown prince somewhere who would be 2nd in line? I dont think Lee Kang is crown prince.. because if he is, he wouldnt need to kill.. haha.. so they probably have another brother who is the crown prince, who Lee Kang is likely to kill first, then he start attacking Lee Hwi. But since he is said to be ‘master of image making’, he is likely to appear amiable to Lee Hwi, like a good ‘hyung’, while planning on attacking Lee Hwi behind his back.

6. Trailer 3 ending is probably where Lee Hwi will meet Rusigae (Son Ji Hyun), the ‘wild’ girl who will be Lee Hwi’s protector. I dont think he was ‘exiled’, but put in some dangerous situation, maybe Lee Kang tried to kill him and he got lost and saved by Rusigae.

I suspect that Lee Kang kills the crown prince or 'sabotages' (by blackening his image to the king?) to take the throne. Taking reference the the Strife of Princes before Taejong (presumably who Lee Kang is striving towards), there were 2 'kings' before Taejong officially became king. He had to kill the 1st and 'force' the 2nd to abdicate. So I suspect that while Lee Hwi is flirting with Ja Hyun, Lee Kang will be more focused on power playing.  

Maybe the realization that his brother is not what he thought to be will spark a character transition from playful prince to a steely "I will do it for the better good" persona. That would be nice to observe. Maybe he returns back to the capital with the imperial seal or last will of the King that indicates that he is the rightful ruler? Just guessing here. 

The circumstance that you postulate of how it he meets with Rusigae makes me think that there will be complication of the already messy web of relationships. I think the gratifying moment for the viewer is the build up to which Lee Hwi returns to put things right made wrong by Lee Kang. 

I do hope that the starting pace of the drama would not be too slow. Because a 'comeback' story usually involves a slow build-up to the final confrontation which would make 20 episodes hard to bear. This translates to poorer average ratings because people would just tune in for the last 4 episodes or something. Hard for me to see another of YSY's projects tank because of bad timeslot and less than desirable story plot. Hopefully having 3 heavyweight main leads would pull in enough Korean eyeballs to keep the drama abuzz. 

• Like 4

Actually, regarding point 3, Lee Hwi could also be ‘surprised’ to find out that Jahyun is not a maid servant. Previously they probably met when JaHyun was impersonating her maid, dressed in her maid’s clothes, and she likely helped to tend to Lee Hwi’s wounds. The wounds are likely inflicted during their horse game tournament, where Lee Hwi’s horse was also injured, and Lee Hwi’s eunuch was making a comment that Hwi should look into whether anyone is purposely trying to kill him, but Hwi was reluctant or doesnt belief that his life is in danger. That was the horse BTS scene. Subsequently, Lee Hwi encounter JaHyun dressed as an official’s daughter, and furthermore seems to be acquainted with Lee Kang, which must be why he was doubly surprised. I think in the beginning, JaHyun knows Lee Kang through her brother, maybe since young? And maybe had a slight crush on Lee Kang in the beginning. Which is probably when she sneaked out impersonating her maid to watch the horse tournament, met Lee Hwi, and when she got back, she was scolded by her mom for going out when she was forbidden to, and furthermore impersonating her maid, and have her maid impersonates her. 

As for the crown prince, it could likely be not their brother, but their nephew. Since this drama has a base of Suyang Daegun and Anpyeong Daegun, so maybe Lee Hwi and Lee Kang’s brother is the reigning King, and the King’s mother is their mother. Their King brother is probably sick, but has a young son as crown prince. King Sejo (Suyang Daegun), launches a coup and steal the throne from his nephew... and the drama could likely have some similar storyline since thats the history it is based on.

• Like 4

https://www.soompi.com/2018/02/18/former-rainbow-member-oh-seung-ah-joins-grand-prince-cast/

From this article, it seems that the ‘crown prince’ is the nephew of Lee Kang and Lee Hwi, as i suspected. And their brother is the king who ascended to the throne after their father, probably later on dies of ill health, but his son is too young to be king, which made Lee Kang greedy for the throne. The King’s wife is also the older sister of Kim Kwan, Kim Kwan is Lee Hwi’s guard, which means Lee Hwi has close ties with the young ‘crown prince’. Maybe that puts Hwi in a favorable position, which further enrages Lee Kang. 

• Like 3