Choi Daniel 최다니엘 チェダニエル |♥| [Drama 2023] Mask Girl, 마스크걸 - Available on Netflix

gm4queen

[Exclusive] Daniel Choi terminates exclusive contract with J Wide Company

2023.11.25 09:34

N16577003440084_54b37f.jpg

Actor Daniel Choi bids farewell to his former agency of 6 years.

Actor Daniel Choi's exclusive contract with J Wide Company has ended and he is making a new start.

According to our report on the morning of the 25th, Daniel Choi's exclusive contract with J Wide Company recently expired and he decided not to renew the contract. An official said, "The decision was made through mutual consultation between the two parties, and it was a beautiful separation as they had worked together in mutual trust."

Previously, Daniel Choi signed a contract with J Wide Company in 2017 and has been with them for six years.

Since his debut in 2005, Daniel Choi has been loved by the public by showing strong acting in each work. He appeared in the dramas 'The World They Live in', 'High Kick Through the Roof', 'Baby Face', 'School 2013', 'Jugglers', 'Detective of the Day', and the movies 'Cyrano; He played an active part in dramas such as ‘Dating Manipulation Unit’, ‘The Conspirators’, ‘The Eleventh Hour’, ‘Technicians’, ‘Chronicles of Evil’, and ‘Extraterritoriality’.

In particular, he played the role of Seok Ji-hyung, deputy editor of the Neon Webtoon editorial department, in SBS' 'Today's Webtoon' broadcast last year, and showed the standard of a cool adult. In the Netflix series 'Mask Girl', which was released last August, he played the role of team leader Park Ki-hoon, the boss of Kim Mo-mi, an office worker with an appearance complex. He perfectly portrayed a character with two faces.

Daniel Choi is currently preparing to film his next work.

View the original article here

• Love 1

7 hours ago, larus said:

He has a vlog ? I did not know that. Too bad it is not translated. No drama projects yet?

Hey, dear! So glad you dropped by our man's thread. Yeah, he's got himself a youtube channel and we only know it recently. It's been a few months since he opened a personal instagram account too. :lol: But his agency didn't make any promotions and it turns out that his contract with J Wide Company has ended and he didn't renew it either.

There are some articles online that he's getting ready to film his next work. He mentioned it on his insta as well that he's filming something. Aiming for a new start?? Let's see what happens. Can't wait for more updates about him! :heart:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

9 hours ago, gm4queen said:

There are some articles online that he's getting ready to film his next work. He mentioned it on his insta as well that he's filming something.

Awesome. But when they will announce this drama?   It is good that he has another project but I wish we know what kind of drama it is. I don`t understand the secrecy behind a cast. I think it is so weird when we have casting news when we know that filming of that drama has ended already. I hope they will announce it before they will start filming.

If he is about to film, that means everything is almost prepared for producing that drama. I am curious if it is something I am interested in watching.

If he did not want to renew the contract with JWide Company it means he wants a new start. He was with them for a long time but maybe he feels it is time to start something else.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, larus said:

f he is about to film, that means everything is almost prepared for producing that drama. I am curious if it is something I am interested in watching.

Yeah, nothing is confirmed yet. He himself posted on his insta that he's filming something few weeks ago! Then I saw someone posted a comment that there will be 2 upcoming news about him. Probably him coming back with a new drama and leaving JWide company for good. :o Or is it just a cameo or another guest appearance?? It could be anything! I am so keeping my eye on him. I suddenly miss him in rom-coms. :( Hopefully we hear something sooner or later! Feel free to drop by anytime! :getmygrooveon:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gm4queen said:

Yeah, nothing is confirmed yet. He himself posted on his insta that he's filming something few weeks ago! Then I saw someone posted a comment that there will be 2 upcoming news about him. Probably him coming back with a new drama and leaving JWide company for good. :o Or is it just a cameo or another guest appearance?? It could be anything! I am so keeping my eye on him. I suddenly miss him in rom-coms. :( Hopefully we hear something sooner or later! Feel free to drop by anytime!

I know how it is to wait for news. My girl, So yeon, wanted to give us some good news last month, but she said that she could not do it because it is delayed for many different reasons. I think it is about a new project and they are not ready to announce it yet. I think it is the same for Daniel. In a way it is good that they will announce it just when everything is set. There are lots of projects that were announced and after that, they did not produce it after all.

The last dramas I watched him were Salon De Nabi and Today's Webtoon and although I liked them and I like his roles, I wish for him a lead role. He is well suited for rom coms. 

I am not watching many dramas lately but I want to watch, from time to time, some old dramas that I heard good things about it. I think I will watch School 2013 and probably you have watched it already because your favorite actor is in it. :) Do you recommend this drama too, right?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, larus said:

The last dramas I watched him were Salon De Nabi and Today's Webtoon and although I liked them and I like his roles, I wish for him a lead role. He is well suited for rom coms.

My thoughts exactly! He is so suited for the handsome boyfriend role. :heart:  I really enjoyed Salon de Nabi rather than Today's Webtoon to be honest! But I am desperate to see him as the lead actor in a rom-com soon. He hasn't starred in any official rom-coms right after Jugglers in 2018.

29 minutes ago, larus said:

I am not watching many dramas lately but I want to watch, from time to time, some old dramas that I heard good things about it. I think I will watch School 2013 and probably you have watched it already because your favorite actor is in it. :) Do you recommend this drama too, right?

Oh, you haven't watched School 2013 yet? :o I love it so much. I mean it has a star studded cast. I really loved him and Jang Nara in Babyfaced Beauty so I really enjoyed their chemistry in School 2013. In fact, everyone who loved them together as a couple in Babyfaced Beauty loves them in School 2013 even if they are not romantically linked. So I highly recommend it to you! :) Hope you'd enjoy it as much as I did.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

So I highly recommend it to you! :) Hope you'd enjoy it as much as I did.

Thanks. I will watch it but let see when. :)

11 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

I really enjoyed Salon de Nabi rather than Today's Webtoon to be honest!

Me too. In Salon de Nabi  he had a better role. In the later drama it was more like a supporting role. He did not have many scenes.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, larus said:

Me too. In Salon de Nabi  he had a better role. In the later drama it was more like a supporting role. He did not have many scenes.

Yeah, I agree. His role in Salon de Nabi is my most favorite role of him so far. :lol: I mean he had a lot to act in there. He showed off his professional acting skills with months of practice for hair styling. And his hard work is well paid off. I see he's so loved by the public for his role. I believe he should cast in more roles where he has to act hard like Ahn Gwang Su in Salon de Nabi. He really has the potential to make women fall hard for him! Can't wait to see him star in an official rom-com again...  Fingers crossed!!! :heart:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Can't wait to see him star in an official rom-com again...  Fingers crossed!!

I do think his next project is a romantic comedy. :D

I don`t always like rom coms but when it is well written and actors I like, I watch for sure. Let see when they will announce his next project. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1