Kim Hyun Joong 김현중/金賢重/ キム・ヒョンジュン

Guest coreana

I admire BYJ's ability to act.  I have seen all of his movies and his dramas.   I, on the other hand, do not like what I've seen in his personality over the past 7-10  years.  BYJ has been in the K Entertainment Industry for over 15-20 years.  You don't survive such a dirty business with slave contracts, abuse of stars, etc. without being a little cut throat yourself especially when you own the majority of a Korean entertainment company.   BYJ's trouble ended in the fall of last year so I don't want hear about him having to handle his own problems.  He DISAPPEARED while KHJ was going through this ALONE!!  He was not seen with KHJ publicly for almost an entire year. Usually, he's breaking his neck to be on stage or be seen coming/going with his cash cow: Kim Hyun Joong.   It's May 2015 and now he shows up!!  After almost an entire year, he shows up!! This was such a load of crap!!! BYJ going to the enlistment ceremony was for publicity and for show.  Nothing more. Now the headlines read:   BYJ showing support for KHJ!  Whatever!! We should have seen that headline in August, September, October, November, December, January, February, March and April. BUT WE DIDN'T!!  Ugh!  :crazy:  It's easy to support someone when the tide is turning to that person's favor.  If that woman still had the upper hand on KHJ, trust and believe, BYJ would have been no where near that enlistment ceremony.  

Whew!! I'm glad I got that off my chest!! :sweatingbullets:

I don't know whether your assumption is right or wrong but I tend to think the same. However at the least KE knew well that HJ has a lot of international fans and KE got a lot of income from outside Korea by HJ they should at least officially translate into English version what HJ said or HJ's situation to inform the fans to prevent the non korean trash medias twist the information from HJ's side . They should be the first one to give HJ a fairness. KE did none of this . Even now. If they have successfully convinced  him to sign slave contract with them again before enlistment they should translate his letter in English that can prevent the trash medias to twist his meaning. There are a lot of unprofessional about KE. They simply not capable to handle the international star like KHJ. I insist I really hate the way they showed off on May 12th. I do not know much about BYJ but you are right he did not show a single sign to support KHJ last year . I think at the as an owner he should consider kick out the  CEO of KE  because he failed to act professionally what he supposed to or expected to.In my opinion KE did not worth the percentage that they got from every projects of HJ. However they have time to prove in the next two years before he come out whether they can clear his name from the wrongly accused and being a victim of .the blackmailer and gold digger woman.

Edited by vivian6686
  • Like 6

Hi Vivian,

Did KHJ resign his contract with KE?  I actually wish KE would stay out of this situation.  KE's initial response to Ms. Choi was horrible.  KE was no match for Ms. Choi and her lawyer. I hope KHJ sticks with Ms, Lee, his lawyer, who seems to know what he is doing.  My post was about  BYJ's support of KHJ. as a friend or boss.   I just feel BYJ and KHJ's industry "friends" were not supportive of him publicly and not one of them stood up for him.  To see BYJ at the enlistment ceremony was like, 'ARE YOU SERIOUS?"   I do realize that BYJ is a big wig in the K Entertainment Industry so to have him show support to KHJ is a big deal there.  However, all I'm saying is, KHJ needed that show of support a lot sooner than May 12, 2015.  

Edited by theone4me
  • Like 6

@theone4me and Vivian, 

I just read your replies - and I thought pretty much the same as you - so I went back and found out his fraud accusation happened on 9/20/14, which actually gives BYJ the time from 8/20/14 till 9/20/14  (assuming the news release on the timing of the accusation were correct timewise) to have defended KHJ - if he could have done so without jeopardizing the rest of the actors on his roster....

I am still trying to determine when BYJ was cleared - for some reason - I am thinking this year Feb or March 2015 - I will clarify when I know for sure...rather than randomly saying that I am sure about this....

then I remembered who BYJ was - the major stockholder in the KeyEast (I am not sure when he became the major stockholder  - this year?)

and the many actors and stars on their roster - and I wondered if the reason KeyEast/Bae Yong Jun  did not take a public stand on KHJ - was because to support KHJ would mean to put all the other stars at risk - due to the association with KHJ at the time.

Of course, I would have preferred that BYJ supported him publicly - but what would this have done to the other stars reputation on their roster? 

That their boss and ceo was supporting a man accused of things that provided a very negative image at the time...

Of course I would have preferred that they provide him legal counsel/advice...or did they?

and the legal advice was silence?

But to me - he should have gotten his own legal counsel - separate from KeyEast because there may be a conflict of interest - since the legal advisers are thinking of the welfare of the whole of KeyEast and all the stars - and to defend KHJ using Key East advisors almost means it would be at the expense of the others.

Sort of like - if you defend one, you risk putting everyone at risk....

I don't know the whole story - but I do know that the moment a responsible person puts on the mantle of leader/owner/ceo of a company of a group of actors in a business as fickle as the entertainment industry...that is a very heavy burden and changes the way a person reacts to situation that may impact the rest of the group....

You say that BYJ changed in the past 10 years - I believe you - that kind of responsibility where you have to watch out over the welfare of many others is a very heavy thing - and it can definitely change a person...not necessarily all bad...

You say "slave contracts" - I wonder why KHJ chose KeyEast out of all the others then -

I do know that KeyEast has given him free rein with his production team, even allowed the Artmatic dancers to come with him, and KHJ speaks very positively about the reason as to why he chose KeyEast...

but who knows what will be his reaction 2 years from now...after he has had time to reflect...

This makes me wonder too - many people noticed how the carefree KHJ changed to a serious person rarely smiling and laughing the way he used to - he could have just matured for all we know...but the sessions of BTS - shows him serious and intense...in his solo ventures...

Also - we don't know if KHJ gave BYJ the whole of the story even then ....

The thing is - I really really agree with you - and WISHED that KeyEast supported him, but it never once occurred to me that they SHOULD - because KeyEast had other actors to watch out for. 

That is why I feel so sad for him - there seemed to be really no one who could stand up for him, and as another fan mentioned here - JYJ (?) were apparently in  the midst of their own scandal and would not be appropriate for them to defend him.

In addition, the whole Korean society was bent on seeing him be "self-reflective"

Other than for the ex ceo of DSP who supported him - can someone please let me know where you got that information - I think that is pretty fabulous - along with his ex-bodyguard - who wrote a very nice note....

Really, he was alone on this except for his fans, dancers, childhood friends, brother and parents vs Korean trash media/Choi.

• Like 4

@vivian6686

I don't know whether your assumption is right or wrong but I tend to think the same. However at the least KE knew well that HJ has a lot of international fans and KE got a lot of income from outside Korea by HJ they should at least officially translate into English version what HJ said or HJ's situation to inform the fans and do not let the non korean trash medias twist the formation HJ's side . 

I agree - don't you get the feeling that we - who speak English - do not seem to really exist in their eyes?

Not a single one of his solo releases have had English subtitles or lyrics translation (aaarrrghhhhh)! Whereas the SS501 dvds that were produced in Korea had English subtitles (YAY)! 

We are so dependent on translators and their skill in translating the nuances......

Which leads me to the same question I asked when I first joined this forum...how much income did we international fans bring in for KHJ as compared to the Japan, China or Korean fans? 

When I think international - I think of any country outside of China, Korea and Japan. So to me international is any country where English or another language other than Chinese, Korean, and Japanese is the main spoken language.

How much of the income comes from concert sales, personal appearances, fan meets or CDs/dvds/blurays?

Does anyone know?

Because....

if international fans do bring in a substantial income, then we can ask for English subtitles....using that figure....

It's like we English speakers do not exist in their eyes....don't they know that if they subtitled the songs say in concerts the sales would go up a lot??

Edited by lkh2
It is China, Korea and Japan. NOT China, Korea and Asia.
  • Like 6

Set your calendars:.............

Kim Hyun Joong will receive five weeks of basic training before he gets stationed. He will be discharged on February 11, 2017. 

Credit to NYCG's entry above:

Please Click Title read the News

Kim Hyun Joong Enlists in the Army with Bae Yong Jun Seeing Him Off

Source/Credit:  Mwave @OfficialMwave 

Edited by lkh2
  • Like 5

Kim Hyun Joong, Bae Yong Jun sent off active duty enlisted

Upload Credit:  K STAR 한류스타 리포트 & 생방송 스타뉴스

​Hi newyorkcitygirl,  thanks for sharing the picture of BYJ...........finally, I saw it, sending-off KHJ. :P

• Like 2

@vivian6686

I don't know whether your assumption is right or wrong but I tend to think the same. However at the least KE knew well that HJ has a lot of international fans and KE got a lot of income from outside Korea by HJ they should at least officially translate into English version what HJ said or HJ's situation to inform the fans and do not let the non korean trash medias twist the formation HJ's side . 

I agree - don't you get the feeling that we - who speak English - do not seem to really exist in their eyes?

Not a single one of his solo releases have had English subtitles or lyrics translation (aaarrrghhhhh)! Whereas the SS501 dvds that were produced in Korea had English subtitles (YAY)! 

We are so dependent on translators and their skill in translating the nuances......

Which leads me to the same question I asked when I first joined this forum...how much income did we international fans bring in for KHJ as compared to the Japan, China or Korean fans? 

When I think international - I think of any country outside of China, Korea and Asia. So to me international is any country where English or another language other than Chinese, Korean, and Japanese is the main spoken language.

How much of the income comes from concert sales, personal appearances, fan meets or CDs/dvds/blurays?

Does anyone know?

Because....

if international fans do bring in a substantial income, then we can ask for English subtitles....using that figure....

It's like we English speakers do not exist in their eyes....don't they know that if they subtitled the songs say in concerts the sales would go up a lot??

​Hi lkh2 , Thank you so much for sharing your thought.

Actually not all Asian countries speak Chinese , Korean or Japanese .Most of them rely on English translation as well. Especially there are a big numbers of Hyun Joong fans in South East Asia.and they also rely on English translation only.

English is still very important if you want to communicate with the international community if you want to promote Kpop, k-drama and K-culture  HJ is known in many countries whether they are his fans or not his character and his reputation should not be undermined. They are still a lot of potential fans out there who read all that distorted information from the trash news in English. Sadly Allkpop and Soompi and Keranboo or some others..... ....that provide information on Korean entertainment in English probably do not own by the Korean that's why they did not care to destroy a major Korean character as long as they are benefit from what they are doing. Sadly that all these sites prefer to disgrace and lower themselves by abusing their own professional ethic.I know for myself that from now on  I can not trust the news from these sites whether it relates to HJ or not because they have proved to be cunning and manipulative.

• Like 5

Set your calendars:.............

Kim Hyun Joong will receive five weeks of basic training before he gets stationed. He will be discharged on February 11, 2017. 

Credit to NYCG's entry above:

Please Click Title read the News

​Hi lkh2I'm curious which Dept. he's heading to after the basic training. I hope time would fly fast so he could complete the 4-5 week training right away. And he will be able to see his family & loved-ones after (4-5) weeks of basic training during the completion ceremony by then.  And also after this, he'll be given a leave or day-off for some days before he begins his actual military service.  :P

• Like 4

@vivian6686

Hi Vivian - hey thank you for clarifying "Asian" countries! What I meant was that there seems to be releases for KHJ in Japanese and Korean, and I thought they had a branch where they release his things in Chinese - but the Chinese - I think I am thinking of as SS501 and the official releases there.

Yes, there are many Asians who use English as their primary language - I was so thrilled when he did the Face Shop in Singapore and everyone spoke English!

Sigh - its like - if we love a person from another country - unless they release the stuff in English - we almost have to learn the language - I recall someone from Twitter saying she definitely will be learning the Korean language during the time KHJ is away!

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we had our own translaters? Who love Hyun joong and would eb able to translate clearly?

• Like 5

​Hi lkh2I'm curious which Dept. he's heading to after the basic training. I hope time would fly fast so he could complete the 4-5 week training right away. And he will be able to see his family & loved-ones after (4-5) weeks of basic training during the completion ceremony by then.  And also after this, he'll be given a leave or day-off for some days before he begins his actual military service.  :P

​Well - lets see  - this is from Sports Dong-A -  He is in the 30th Division of the Infantry in the Armored (Air and land).  The name of that division is "Certain Victory".

Goyang | onecut@donga.com reporter Dong-Won border com

Here is a link to Wikipedia on SK armed forces: 

Edited by lkh2
  • Like 2

[Eng Trans] Q2 and HJ lawyer's reply.
In gist, why did HJ paid out such a huge settlement amount of money to Choibitch was because HJ then did not have a lawyer to represent him and he was alone in dealing with her threats. Even without any medical report he thought her pregnancy & miscarriage were true. At last August when HJ was sued for the alleged assault care, Choibitch had threatened him that she will report him for assaulting a pregnant woman. Originally the settlement amount was 300 mil won but it was settled for 600 mil won eventually.
credit translation:@Princessmich123
https://twitter.com/khjbelinda/status/597694438601662465

[Eng Trans for @Miyokolovekhj 's tweet on HJ lawyer's TV interview on OBS News broadcast on 13 May 2015]
In the lodge report filed by Choibitch, she had stated that doctor had clarified that she was not pregnant and advised her to go to the hospital for another check-up. But following that she wrote that it was a miscarriage. But how could one has a miscarriage if one has yet to prove to be pregnant. Her so-called proof of pregnancy was merely those handphone message exchanges.
There is no correlation between the so-called miscarriage and the alleged assault. During the alleged assault case, HJ admitted partially to the charge and paid the settlement money to her as Choibitch had continuously threatened him that she would go public that he was a violent criminal that assaulted pregnant woman as well as when she would go to the media. Under such coercion & threats, HJ was so scared & afraid that if he did not oblige to her demand (for money) she would not let the matter rest at all. Hence, even without any proof of pregnancy, he believed her pretense of miscarriage and hastily gave the 600 million won as settlement.
But after getting the settlement money and then announced to the public that it was due to her love for HJ that she withdrew the charges, her actions had badly damaged HJ's reputation and public image (as it had misled the public to believe that he was a bad man who assaulted a kind woman like her who did not take a single cent of settlement money!) Her actions would tantamount to defamation.
Therefore, upon the completion of evidences gathering and confirmation that Choibitch was not pregnant at all, it would be expected that lawsuit will be filed to sue Choibitch for blackmail as well as civil lawsuit against her for compensation. There is no room for settlement at all!
Like last year's situation, the 1.6 billion won lawsuit came about because Choibitch had used similar threat tactics to extort money from HJ. Again she would send messages to pressurize him. But because she did not succeed in getting any money that she resorted to filing a lawsuit against HJ.
Initially she claimed that due to her pregnancy she needed money to buy a house for the baby, and double the amount to 1.2 billion won. Then she said it was not enough and up the amount to 1.6 billion won! But when her threats did not get her any money she demanded, she then sued under the basis of psychological damage for 1 billion won plus another 600 million won for breach of the earlier settlement contract!
HJ lawyer stated that there is no ground for any settlement at all.
To his fans who have continued to believe in him till the end HJ expressed his deepest gratitude. Lawyer Lee said that this is what HJ has wanted to convey to his fans.
Separately, on questions relating to the baby, it will have to wait till the baby is born and after a firm confirmation from paternity test will assume the responsibility accordingly. 
credit translation: @Princessmich123
https://twitter.com/miyokolovekhj/status/598374863766585344

• Like 5

10845689_819614234801303_386567961618447

11208665_819614478134612_692511183830723

11258003_819614551467938_68868939191497411258003_819614551467938_688689391914974

11045475_819614554801271_545908700614728

10001437_819614541467939_434557758905433

[Eng translation] KHJ's lawyer's TV interview [part 1]
1) [KHJ] on Jan 5/15:A said "She was pregnant again. Needs 1.6M Won to buy a house to live with the baby."
"last yearr's 6M Won isnt enough to buy a house"
2) [pregnancy/miscarriage] 1
A's complaint says she was unable to confirm pregnancy & then claimed miscarriage. 
3) [P/M]2 
(HJLawyer) Requested medical documents related to pregnancy & miscarriage but haven't received them yet.
A's only evidence is phone text msgs.
cr: @catgojump 
cre4dit to translation: @sunsun_sky

• Like 5

[Eng translation] KHJ's lawyer's TV interview [part 2]
4) [Why HJ settled wth large sum w/o evidence]1
When (A) threatend to go public with miscarriage, HJ fell
 into utter panic
5) [Why]2 
As money was demanded, HJ offered 30M Won, which was deemed way too little, & eventually had to settle wth 600M Won as demanded.
6) [Reason of A's new revelation-1] 
Its deemed to be her lawsuit tactic to pressure HJ to end lawsuit early & get settlement.
7) [A new Revelation- 2]
If A's allegation is false, suit for 1.6BW will b dismissed. 
600MW settlment stays effective & suit ends.
cr translation: @sunsun_sky

11269114_819616844801042_995350439761297

11025659_819616861467707_589884514553046

13279_819616868134373_548459604152528832

11140355_819617651467628_277972725422452

10502013_819617644800962_115343030533298

11238258_819617728134287_646754344838801

11220485_819617738134286_363896351710663

11228912_819616831467710_346723910202988

• Like 5

[Eng translation] KHJ's lawyer's TV interview [part 3]
[Q1 Truth about assault/miscarriage by assault] 1
Assault & miscarriage are separate. 
[Q1]2 
HJ admitted assault at that time, because he believed A's allegation of pregnancy & miscarriage by assault is true.
[Q1-2]1
A threatened to expose miscarriage by assault to media. 
When should it be exposed? 
The threats got HJ to total panic state.
[Q1-2]2 
HJ was in such a panic state as to agree to pay 600M Won.
Unbreakable Henecia

11246473_421498611366160_843487051029850

11229683_421498634699491_367454885800841

11150839_421498658032822_316915088542482

11265229_421498728032815_568201623298729

11059547_421498734699481_329553912973926

• Like 7

[Eng translation] KHJ's lawyer's TV interview [part 4]
[Why pay 600M Won without real proof 1] 1
He paid 600M Won because of (A's) threats of exposing miscarriage by assault.
[no proof 2] 1 
When final proof of no pregnancy is to be found, its considered as extracting 600M Won by blackmail. 
[no proof 2]2 
Then criminal charge against blackmail will be taken & civil action 
will be taken for damage compensation.

10983721_421504424698912_888556335543436

11138110_421504441365577_676175424330785

11139000_421504461365575_216501038781360

10931106_421504488032239_120353110714718

• Like 8

[Eng translation] KHJ's lawyer's TV interview [part 5]
[Q2 A's statemnt about no settlement compensation 1]1
In settlement agreement made by A, 
there's a violation clause of no revelation.
[Q2-1]2 
It was prohibited to reveal to the public whether or not compensation was made. 
But A violated it by saying 1st that she didnt receive any compensation.
[Q2-2]1
A said to the public that she withdrew charges w/o compensation, 
even though she got it in fact. 
[Q2-2]2 
A projected her image for public to see as a good person, who didnt get compensation even after being assaulted.

21705_819638154798911_237284305943642692

10408568_819638184798908_183461724220274

11218708_819638208132239_345970545889198

11265557_819638224798904_903768505520725

10411115_819638498132210_169860273778577

11011716_819638514798875_762485236549105

Edited by newyorkcitygirl
added photos
  • Like 7

[Eng translation] KHJ's lawyer's TV interview [part 6]
[Q2-3] 
A projected HJ as bad person, abusing a good person, who even didnt ask for money. 
She violated the settlement clause & defamed HJ.
[Q3 Why 1.6B Won suit now?] 
With intention to press HJ out of court & get paid like last year, 
she filed for civil suit first.
[Why 1.6BW? 1] 
Claimng pregnant A asked for money to buy house to live with the baby. Sayng 600MW not enough, A demanded 1.2B Won then 1.6B Won.

11265163_819653578130702_347690488637454

11147222_819653561464037_885339961369303

10402685_819647524797974_450430841440997

11118045_819653608130699_417402726069918

Edited by newyorkcitygirl
added photos
  • Like 7

[Eng translation] KHJ's lawyer's TV interview [part 7-end]
[Why 1.6BW? 2] 
Gettng no response after coercing for a quick decision as father, on Apr 1, A texted her intention for legal resolution & sued on Apr 7.
[Why 1.6BW? 3] 
Failed to get money, its deemed that A went on media interviews to get money by giving pressure on HJ. 
[Future response after HJ's enlstment] 
NO intention to settle. If 600M Won by blackmail, criminal action will be taken; & civil action, for damage compensation.

11215109_819655931463800_203525229164058

11218721_819655934797133_470763895627363

10383902_819655984797128_853064415271262

10376826_819659894796737_592504780101324

• Like 7