[Official] JYPE USA Tour Auditions 2009 [10/25 - 11/24]

Guest love=music=life

another question, hehe.

if you put vocal/dance on your application, what are the chances of you actually showing dance? i'm gonna be prepared for both anyway but i was just wondering if you actually get to do both...

thanks so much! i appreciate this thread so much!

I was at the auditions last March, and most likely they'll make you choose one due to the amount of applications that they receive.

D: and I am sadly not going to this one.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's say the casting saw your dance email audition, what are the chances of them recognizing you, and they already know that you can dance will they ask you to do something else?

Thanks in advance.

I'm sure that the staff get many email auditions everyday, so unless you really stood out to them one way or another there'd be minimal chance that they'd remember you. Also, the judges for the global auditions will probably not be the one's who review email auditions.

If they like your dance and they want to see more from you, there is a possibility they will ask you to do something else.

hi i am thinking of auditioning for the singing dancing and acting. is that okay?

Yes, but depending on the number of applications and amount of time they have you might only have the chance to do one category. But i would say prepare for all 3 just in case.

do you know when they will release the time and location for the seattle auditions?

and all we need to bring is our application, that's it? oh and talent of course haha.

thankyou!

I don't know when they'll release the times and locations so we'll have to wait until the topic starter updates us on that. But yeah, the 1st page said to bring your application so just bring that, and any other things you might need for your category. Other than that, that's basically it.

Is it better to start a song from the chorus than the beginnning? Because I remember by the end of the day the judges are exhausted and they started to cut people off within seconds,. ( i remember reading from someone elses exp)

For us people who sent in our application already (rather than the day b4 the auditions) when we get our number, what are we suppose to do with it? write it on our application?

Most people start off at the beginning, but if you want to start at the chorus that fine, do whatever you feel is comfortable. Lol sure the judges are super tired at the end of the day but if they really like you they'll let you continue. I remember the 1st time i ever auditioned i was literally in the last group to go in. They still let me sing at least a minute and asked me to do another song. So yeah, if you're good and they like you thats not a problem.

There's a space for your number on the application. Im guessing you write it there.

I got my response from JYP and in it there was a warning for people living in Denver...

JYP 오디션의 전 과정은 무료로 진행됩니다.

최근 덴버 지역에서 오디션 지원서를 유상으로 판매하는 일이 있다고 합니다.

반드시 주의하시어 피해를 입지 않으시기 바랍니다.

지원서나 오디션을 빙자로 금액을 요구할 시,

꼭 usaaudition@jype.com이나 kjstyle7@jype.com으로

신고해주시기 바랍니다.

Official Message From JYPE.

Thank you for applying for the JYP USA Tour audition.

The registration number will be notified through e-mail.

And the audition time and place will be announced through the official webpage (www.jype.com/audition.html).

Watch Out!!

Recently, There are people who are misrepresenting themselves as JYPE staff and charging for the application forms in Denver.

Please be aware. It is absolutely free to participate in JYPE audition.

If you find out about any false impersonations, please report it to us (usaaudition@jype.com, kjstyle7@jype.com)

Thank You

您好。

我們是JYPE 新任開發對。

首先感謝大家參加我們公司的選秀。

參加選秀的號碼和場地在(www.jype.com/audition.html) 公佈 請大家注意查看。

JYP的選秀是全程免費的 但是 現在在美國的丹佛地區 一些不法分子在賣選秀的報名表 。

希望想來參加JYP選秀的人請注意。

如果有人提出要你購買 請一定要發郵件到 usaaudition@jype.com

或者 kjstyle7@jype.com

謝謝大家

So for those of you living in Denver, be careful ><

Guest chuubasa

Lucky you got your response i didnt even get any =(

I got my response from JYP and in it there was a warning for people living in Denver...

So for those of you living in Denver, be careful ><

Guest j3ssicas

has anyone received their notification numbers yet???

i emailed mine in about a week or 2 ago and i still haven't got any news from them!

Also, when are the actual locations being released? because it seems Hawaii auditions are in like a week and the locations still haven't come out..shouldn't at least the Hawaiian people know by now?

Guest Yeonjoo

On the bottom of the application, it says "JYPE reserves the right to keep copies of audition footage it has filmed and received." But you know how sometimes the company makes a promotional video that includes clips of the live audition? Like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1NuEWicLJA [ Starting at 2:50 ]. Is there a way to make sure that your specific performance will not be released to the public?

Guest =Nightwish_Aeon=

has anyone received their notification numbers yet???

i emailed mine in about a week or 2 ago and i still haven't got any news from them!

Also, when are the actual locations being released? because it seems Hawaii auditions are in like a week and the locations still haven't come out..shouldn't at least the Hawaiian people know by now?

No, I tried twice and never got the number

I just auditioned through email and got an email back saying they'll contact the selected canidates and such.in 2 weeks, they'll be gone from hawaii when that happens >.<..

I know, I live in Hawaii as well.

I'm freaking out because Idk if i'll have a ride because my older sister has a socce game in the morning that day >.<.

Guest love=music=life

Answering Questions Round 11!

NOTE: I emailed the staff regarding when the audition locations will be released so hopefully she will email me back within a couple days. ALSO I might me MIA for those few days because of midterms and other exams but I will try my best to check here at least once a day!

*** If I didn't answer your question it is because either a fellow soompi-er OR I have already answered it in past entries.

For us people who sent in our application already (rather than the day b4 the auditions) when we get our number, what are we suppose to do with it? write it on our application?

When you get your number write in on the copy of the application that you bring to the auditions.

How often are these JYP Global Auditions held? There was 2 held last year, right?

It's not really a regular thing yet. For the past 2 years, they were held in March following the JYP Tour Concerts in LA & NY. And at that time, the staffers told me that they probably wouldn't be coming back next year.. but low and behold, they're back within 6 months! So yea, it's not really a set number of times...

Modelling:

Will the 3 poses be poses that they ASK you to do, or ones we do on our own?

Acting:

What kind of script is to be prepared? Need it all to be in different elements of acting, or just any?

How long should it be prepared for? (1minute or so?)

1. You do poses on your own. Unless you are REALLY bad, then they will tell you what to do.

2, Anything. It could be from a play or drama. It could be in any language, as long as it shows your skills.

* I excluded many of the questions you asked because they have already been answered, :D

How many model/actresses usually get in? From your personal experience?

I don't know because they don't tell me.

On the bottom of the application, it says "JYPE reserves the right to keep copies of audition footage it has filmed and received." But you know how sometimes the company makes a promotional video that includes clips of the live audition? Like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1NuEWicLJA [ Starting at 2:50 ]. Is there a way to make sure that your specific performance will not be released to the public?

I believe the answer to that question is no. You signing the application and auditioning is basically giving permission for JYPE to film you. I don't know if they will use the footage to make promotional videos like SM Entertainment used to do with their Global Auditions. But basically, you are signing to give JYPE the rights to do whatever they wish with the footage.

Guest panic07

are we suppose to get an email back from JYPE when we send our applications because I already sent mines like weeks ago and sent it again 2 weeks ago and I still haven't gotten any email back from them about our numbers....

Guest j3ssicas

No, I tried twice and never got the number

I just auditioned through email and got an email back saying they'll contact the selected canidates and such.in 2 weeks, they'll be gone from hawaii when that happens >.<..

I know, I live in Hawaii as well.

I'm freaking out because Idk if i'll have a ride because my older sister has a socce game in the morning that day >.<.

wait what? im a bit confused here lol

so you auditioned already through the internet by sending in a clip of yourself dancing or singing? and what do they mean they will contact the selected candidates within 2 weeks? i thought the online audition is always ongoing....

well currently i reside in NY but im kinda freaking out too because i feel like they should be organized enough to at least release a place for audition! especially in NY

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

wait what? im a bit confused here lol

so you auditioned already through the internet by sending in a clip of yourself dancing or singing? and what do they mean they will contact the selected candidates within 2 weeks? i thought the online audition is always ongoing....

well currently i reside in NY but im kinda freaking out too because i feel like they should be organized enough to at least release a place for audition! especially in NY

What the other poster is saying that she only auditioned through the email auditions to JYPE. Email Auditions are like mailed auditions which means it's ongoing.

And yeah I 'm still waiting for them to email me confirmation number for the LA AUditions. I'm starting to think they will email the LA AUditionees our numbers the last minute (probabley the day before of the audition date)...I would really like it if they email me it the week befor though so I can figure out the cheapest way to get down there.

Guest aznqueenqt7

are we suppose to get an email back from JYPE when we send our applications because I already sent mines like weeks ago and sent it again 2 weeks ago and I still haven't gotten any email back from them about our numbers....

i think alot of people are still waiting o3o~

but..i'm excited!!

For seattle auditions...i've been hearing it will be @ Federal Way at some korean radio station..dunnoo..

Guest panic07

i think alot of people are still waiting o3o~

but..i'm excited!!

For seattle auditions...i've been hearing it will be @ Federal Way at some korean radio station..dunnoo..

Oh I see.... are you auditioning in seattle?

Guest austin_kang

i need your help people in the L.A./O.C area to help post up flyers for the upcoming jyp L.A audition. thank you!

L.A.: Alhambra, cerritos, korea town, arcadia, la canada, san marino

O.C. : fullerton, Anaheim, irvine, garden grove

if you guys live in these areas and you can help out please message me asap. i would really appreciate it!!:]

email me at kangaustin@yahoo.com

Guest xpiyoko

Heeeeyloooo,

For some reason I emailed my application, but it came back as failed. T - T I did it a few times to make sure I'd be able to get my registration number, but like I said, it just comes back as failed to send. Soo..what do I do now? Hahah, sorry. xD

Btw, JYPE would accept thick girls right? keke~ I'm a thick girl, but I'm willing to lose all the weight in order to be a part of this company & I WILL TRY HARD. :DDD Thank you thank you. Hehe. :P

Guest =Nightwish_Aeon=

What the other poster is saying that she only auditioned through the email auditions to JYPE. Email Auditions are like mailed auditions which means it's ongoing.

And yeah I 'm still waiting for them to email me confirmation number for the LA AUditions. I'm starting to think they will email the LA AUditionees our numbers the last minute (probabley the day before of the audition date)...I would really like it if they email me it the week befor though so I can figure out the cheapest way to get down there.

Thank you for explaining my situation to her :D.I appreciate it, I should have been more clear but I thought it was understandable lol sorry.

Guest cho chang229

When are they really really going to announce the location? I know I asked a week ago but they still havent announced and I have to book plane tickets.....and my dad is really getting mad at the fact that they stilll haven't announced, saying that the company is not organized an such , and I REALLY WANT TO GO TO THE AUDITIONS!, when are the really announce the location?

Archived