Good thing is time goes by real fast.  Just hope when she is ready there is an interesting script waiting for her. 

Knowing we wouldn’t be able to see her soon I really cherish her past works even more so.  I feel blessed to have seen her in both beautiful modeling photo shoots and outstanding performances in dramas/films.  She’s enjoying a wonderful life and having a great career.  We’re happy for her.  I know it’s tormenting us at the same time coz our hearts truly want to see her on screen in the near future.  Well, I can take out her old dramas and run again to comfort myself until then.

• Like 1

I’m surprised I watched all 4 episodes of Mask that aired so far.  At first I only want to check it out if the cast are going to dress as lavishing as EOG since its synopsis is also about a Chaebol family.  I wasn’t anticipating to anything else but little did I know there are some similarities to EOG that made me giggling a little bit when I first heard of it.  It consisted of the following:

SJ Group

Chairman Choi

Contract marriage

Stepmom

So it does remind me of EOG in that regards.  I might stick around to continuing watching it and imagining of Choi Seo Yoon is in there somewhere.

• Like 1

I’m surprised I watched all 4 episodes of Mask that aired so far.  At first I only want to check it out if the cast are going to dress as lavishing as EOG since its synopsis is also about a Chaebol family.  I wasn’t anticipating to anything else but little did I know there are some similarities to EOG that made me giggling a little bit when I first heard of it.  It consisted of the following:

SJ Group

Chairman Choi

Contract marriage

Stepmom

So it does remind me of EOG in that regards.  I might stick around to continuing watching it and imagining of Choi Seo Yoon is in there somewhere.

​I'm watching Mask and it reminds me of EOG also! It's a lot better than EOG so far though (oops hate to admit that) 

Please refrain from discussing non-actress related topics. -moderator

Edited by Lyrayoo

I think the story/diaglogue of Mask is much simpler so it would appeal to the general more.   Plus, for the viewers who were dying to see the supposed love line in EOG that never happened or those who enjoying romance in general would like this drama a lot.  There is one episode which had a bunch of skinship than the entire run of EOG combined.  I’m sure some fans have been squealing and jumping for joy in those scenes.

I don’t deny the ending of EOG is not what I applauded for.  Not because there isn’t any sweet time between TJ & SY.  I don’t mind about it.   It is how the writer concluded the scene of TJ is what I disapproved of.  

Despite the flaws in his storytelling, I’m very much impressed of his vast knowledge in quite many subjects.  Lots of dialogues are real intellectual.  Unfortunately, his script is not for the mass audiences.

Edited by Lyrayoo
  • Like 1

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

funnily, Park Kyung Soo's display of his intellectual prowess is what made me lose patience in EoG in the second half of the drama.  It felt as if he was more interested in writing out fancy lines for the actors to spout to show off his knowledge than in developing the plot of EoG. 

His next drama Punch was considered to be an improvement over EoG but by then I can't be bothered with him anymore.  There are other good writers such as the QSD writer who can write equally good dialogue without neglecting character and plot development.  

Also, @QSD, nice pic of LYW that you have put up! (This is to get the moderator off my back :P).

• Like 1

Yes, QSD writer-nim is really good.  Love both the story and dialogues.  She had a knack for writing great historical dramas.  Hence there are two of the most successful sageuk ever produced.

I noticed since Yowon came back in 2005 after her marriage that all her dramas were written by female writers, except EOG which we all moaning about the ending.

However, there is also a co-writer of QSD that is male though.  He is the exception of the exception.

Edited by QSD