Palty Hair Dye 411

Guest ayoboo

Ok so im a bit nervous. Today i ordered a box of Paltys bleach in natural brown because i wanted to lighten my hair and achieve a light brown color in one treatment but im a little unsure about how well it will work.

Has anyone used Palty Bleach Natural brown on their hair and if so do you have any before and after pics so that i can get a better idea of how it would turn out on dark hair?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Michikoberry

I have dye-virgin black hair and I don't know how to achieve this hair color: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-BfADrqzQNCE/Tet1qnCCbFI/AAAAAAAAAUw/fi3e7FXc1Bg/s1600/SDC11761.JPG 

(The picture's not mine. I just found it across the web.)

I've been thinking for about 5 months already what Palty color should I buy. Should it be Milk Tea Brown or Vanilla Beige?

I don't want to bleach my hair. I'm afraid to do so. My neighbors might not anymore recognize me if I fail, or worse, get scared of me. =)))

I live in a neighborhood that's full of very young kids and adults, and few teenagers my age. :( So I want to keep my hair just natural, but a bit lighter than natural brown/chocolate brown to be somewhat noticeable and distinguishable.

By the way, I had my hair applied with hair-straightening chemicals twice before. I had my last treatment two years ago. But my hair's still healthy (I think). It still has its natural shine and it's not so dry compared to my sister's who had her hair treated just mid-year of 2011.

Question: What would it be? Milk Tea Brown or Vanilla Beige? Chiffon Beige, Mango Gelee? Could you give advice / other colors?

Thank you very much and have a pleasant New Year!

Guest McglitterCunt

Ive been ogling the last hundred pages or so, and I still haven't found an Answer.

I have Naturally Dark Dark Brown Hair with natural dark auburn highlights.

What Palty Color or Colors Should I Try to Achieve a Color Like this (Orange red) or something Very Close to it?

b210658112.jpg

I Would Love it if Before/After Pictures could be shared!

Guest PrincessNatalia24

I dyed my hair to a dark brown colour back in October and I want to dye it lighter for the spring.I'm thinking Caramel brown.

Do I have to bleach my hair?

Guest katherine_

thumb_161669.jpg

Hey guys, this is my hair now. I have long DYED black hair, but now I want light brown hair.. Would I have to bleach my hair first? And how many boxes would I need? Thanks in advance :)

Guest vietgurlz

Hey guys.....

Could someone tell me what the difference between Palty: Cherry Blossom Cherry and Palty: Raspberry Macaron and which is lighter of those two dyes???? I want something a lighter color on my hair because my hair right now is dyed black hair .

Thanks biggrin.gif

Guest KpopLover1994

One might be lighter than the other ^, and if your trying to go like Red.. then you should try pre-bleaching first it would help other it will turn dark brown/light brown with some red tinge in it. I recommend dying your hair into a lighter color first like brown :)

Guest hypeforlife91

I am pretty sure this question has been asked before but I really do not want to flip through the almost 250 pages in this thread. So forgive me, but...

does Palty work on non-virgin hair? Would I need to bleach my dark brown roots for the color to show?

My hair is now for the most part a medium neutral brown..with some brassy sections near my scalp that I would like to neutralize. My hair turned the expected and dreaded orange color after I gave it a bleach wash. I was not aiming for a blonde. I just wanted to lighten my dark brown hair so that the purple-red hair color I originally wanted would show up. But now I decided to stick with a brown since adding more red will probably be a bad idea at this point to do myself. What I did to get rid of the orange was use an ash light brown hair color I bought at Sally Beauty.

I want to make my hair more ash-brown rather than neutral...I want it exactly like Palty's Jewelry Ash. So will adding Jewelry Ash work to make it the color that is on the model on the box? My hair color is currently similar to Palty's Almond Chocolate shade on the model, but near my roots...it is similar to Palty's Mango Jelly. I don't think warmer red/orange tones look right on me. I do better with cooler tones.

So how can I achieve the Jewelry Ash color? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest amberkins_

Does anyone have any Juicy Peach palty for sale? :( I can't find it anywhere online, it's out of stock everywhere! If not, can anyone suggest a color that would look similar to it? I was thinking Ganache Tart...

Guest Kassandrax3

I just dyed my virgin dark brown hair with Palty Raspberry Macaroon. It's....brighter than I expected. I thought it would be a dark brown with some reddish tint, like the first picture in the box, but it looks really bright and orangey. Hopefully it'll fade into a deeper, more muted color with a few washes... :sweatingbullets:

I left it in for around 45 minutes with a cap on. It didn't really damage my hair, but the natural shine to my hair is gone.

Photoon2012-01-27at2048.jpg

with flash:

IMG_2690.jpg

Guest Kassandrax3

^^^^

A lot of people probably said this already, but THERE'S SERIOUSLY NOT ENOUGH HAIR DYE. My hair is slightly past my collarbone, and I have relatively thin hair, but there wasn't even enough for me to coat all of my hair. There are patches of black hair left on my head.

*sorry. I accidentally pressed reply instead of edit. :(

Guest wtfangell

Hi guys, I'm kinda new to this forum and I stumbled across this from googling hairdyes. I read from around page 200 and there were a couple of threads on which hair dye to use to achieve an ASHY BROWN colour but no one really replied D: 

So I'll just add another thread: which prettia/palty hair dye would get me an ashy colour?? 

Asians are warm toned so I wanna get a cool ash brown colour to complement it, any suggestions? :)

I've dyed my hair once using Freshlight Melty Cherry and it came out brownish, the red colour faded after a while. this was March 2011. 

it's almost a year and my regrowths are pretty long, would prettia/palty hair dye fully cover my roots???  thanks x

Guest misidentify

Finally dyed my own hair. My hair must be really thick because I went through all 3 types of bleach just to achieve a mere lighter brown color. Toned it down a bit with Milk Tea Brown.  Contemplated on dying eyebrows like Hyori.

more info on my tumblr

tumblr_lyl81xzbEj1r5jlqq.png

Guest Baobeeei

I want to achieve this hair colour. For which Palty hair dye should I go? I have dark brown hair with a little bit orange glow at the moment, my natural hair colour is black.

0000801.jpeg

It's hard to find what Palty colours exists ):

Edit: nvm, I got my answer!

• 2 weeks later...

I dyed my hair today with Macaron beige. (: My hair was virgin black and now it's an reddish brown. C: I barely have any hair because my hair has four layers, but it still wasn't enough dye. /: The tips and back of my hair are still black..haha. I highly recommend getting two boxes. -___-

How it looks now:

tumblr_lz2ayyQG191qc6e4vo1_500.png

It's a bit hard to see through a webcam picture, so it's about 4 shades lighter in real life.

I kept the dye in for about 40 minutes because it burned my scalp a lot. - A-

• 2 weeks later...
Guest carmenxox86

I dyed my hair with Prettia-high bleach and then with Palty- milk tea brown..but it failed completely because I had several months ago I had dyed my hair black so only the roots turned up...it's like a weird brown gradient effect. :wacko:

I will have to fix this soon... :sweatingbullets:

I do really like Palty..there are so many color options compared to Prettia..BUT Prettia smells a bit better..lol

IMG_1774_%E5%89%AF%E6%9C%AC.jpg

img_1912_%E5%89%AF%E6%9C%AC.jpg

-Carm

Guest aimeec03

First time using Palty.

Purchased from T&T Woodbine/16th. Also available at other T&T supermarket and Pacific Mall.

SNC00670.jpg

Before:

Colour treated hair. Lightened with L'oreal lightener with 40vol.

Toner 10vol. with Loreal 9.1 Natural Blonde.

(My roots needed to be done as you can see. I would do my roots only every 6 weeks.)

SNC00676.jpg

After:

Palty Milk Tea Brown (No prelightening on the roots colour ontop of prelightened hair)

2 boxes. 20mins on roots 10 mins rest.

SNC00684.jpg

I should have left on my ends longer because they didn't grab the colour as fast as I thought they would. They turned out a little ashy (most likely due to being prelightened and containing very little warm [red tones] colour).

It did lift my roots to blend a lot however they only blend. I am hoping next time I do my roots again they will blend again. It lifted my natural black Asian hair nicely. If I had virgin hair I would have really liked what it could have done without any prelightening.

SNC00686.jpg

Here is a close up of the colour at the top.

Where I had it on for 20mins the colour turned out really nice and rich.

SNC00691.jpg

I did colour my eyebrows with Palty. I left it on for only 5mins because it started irritating my skin. 5mins was all they needed. (I wouldn't suggest dying your eyebrows if you're not highly experienced with hair colour!! Go to a salon to tint them for you if you really need them done.)

Overall:

The colour came out a little darker than I would have liked it. But if you are a little worried that it might be too light, it won't be unless your hair is already prelightened.

I will use Palty again. Compared to Loreal I found that Palty dried out my hair more. However, Palty lifted my hair nicely as a 1 step process compared to when I use Loreal needing to use 2step process when going to blonde (prelighten then tone). If I was sticking to a medium to lighter brown I would only use Palty colour without needing to prelighten it.

*Important advice*

Wear gloves when using Palty. I found their chemicals a lot harsher on my skin. Loreal, I never needed gloves. Palty irritated my skin and it slightly burned/rashed my sensitive skin.

I hope this helps! I used this thread to help me decide if I wanted to try/switch to different brand (been using Loreal for years and years).

Will stick to Loreal but use Palty too. I wanna try Liese (the brand BubzBeauty uses). I haven't found that brand yet. I will check Pacific Mall and report back soon! :)

Cheers.

Archived