[Updated!] YG Plagiarism Issues - Teddy, “I did not plagiarise anything”

Guest ningmeng

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hongalong

that sucks!

but whats a warning?

so they're not getting sued? ... I guess thats good and its a bit late since most of the songs are already done promotions

what a bummer & alie @ I don't care.. really? Who knew,

I'm pretty disappointed, this is more heartbreaking then the coldplay plagiarism issue which totally broke my heart. -______- ' sigh, boybands are gettin it, why cant I just be happy and fangirl without so much drama -__-

EDIT: before this becomes 320392 pages filled of whats plagiarism and what isn't/to whom it is, rmber this is the official statement from Sony so lets stand by it peepz.

now for the war of fangirls versus haters. . . :(

Guest sweetflower

Like what 2NE1 says: I don't care eheheheheh...I don't care eheheheheh....

Old issue and I will wait for the official statement from YGEnt to draw any conclusions about this issue...

GD has my full support and as for him being not creative - can anyone in here name an idol that comes close to GD and what he had accomplish so far?

well one here! i'm first in line.

it's not that he's creative but i guess he just work so hard on it.

all artist seems to be overrated in everyone's eyes

Yes, he works hard on it ... unfortunately to create a rip-off of another artist's work.

if they call that plagiarism, then what about all the other songs that are way more similar then this.

seriously, i think there are way more songs that can fit for plagiarism then this.

for example: if you seek amy with funny by 4minute, and hot issue remix with kat deluna - whine up.

if gd is getting this much crap from heartbreaker alone, other songs that sound similar should be "analyze" too.

although i got to admit, heartbreaker sounds similar but not enough for straight on plagiarism

Guest HEYangieeGIRL

Yes, he works hard on it ... unfortunately to create a rip-off of another artist's work.

=) I'm sure it wasn't intended

Oh and x_luvalwayz Because people like to slam things the last mintue.. and they rather target the people who's making big bucks out of the songs.

Finally....things have caught up with YG. I love YG but seriously, where are the days when their music was original?

"I don't care" is also extremely similar to Rhianna's "hatin on the club"....I hear it on the radio and always have the thought "why is Aussie radio playing 2NE1?". And I agree with one of the posters here..."The Leaders" has similar qualities to "Drop it like it's hot".

And fans that are tolerating this or saying it's not similar...open your ears and listen carefully. We may love them but don't need to be enablers. The more we turn a blind eye, the worst it will get because they think the fans are too stupid to realise. I'm so disappointed.

Plus on a side note....GD's "style" has nothing to do with his "music". His style may be different to the American artists, it doesn't mean his music is. Time to clean up your act YG.

No offense... but they had it coming.

YG were getting away with it for a while.

They should be considered lucky. They got off easy getting just warnings.

I got a bunch of my co-workers to listen to all the songs in question and the so called questionable songs and the only one they found similar was Butterfly and She's Electric. Now these are people who normally do not listen to Kpop and some were so ignorant to think they were listening to french. Honestly, I don't care if anything was plagiarized. I still love YG and will continue to support them. The songs in question don't sound alike other then the one I mentioned above, but you know what...music is about the art not the money, I don't know where music just became about money. Leave it up to US music companies to cash in on Korean music companies. Urgh. It doesn't matter. What matters is people pick up music and enjoy it and that it makes them happy. Not the dough.

And you know...there is only so much you can do with music, sometimes things sound similar, doesn't make it so. Especially if the songs are in the same genre. Sony waited too long, the Heartbreaker promos are over and G-Dragon has already made profit.

YG will get over this. And they will continue to make great music.

And why is Sony whining about With U?

Guest polka_dotts

Even back in the 'original' days, people still had mini cooper to say about YG. Oh, they think they're so gangster. Oh, they're emulating (West coast) American hip hop. Oh, this, oh that.

Oh well, I guess.

I'm still a YG fan and will remain supportive despite all the happenings. I'm just going to wait and see how this unfolds. See if Sony really does take action against YG and see how YG responds. Basically right now, I'm just like "Damn, Sony. File a lawsuit or stfu." What are they complaining about and warning about? If they feel so strongly about it, then do something instead of dragging GD through the dirt. Why did they wait a month to "warn" YG anyways? To see if the song was going to be a hit or not, to see whether it was worth "warning"? Tch.

There has always been issues with plagiarism when it comes to music. What you thought was originality .. was hardly or not at all. And it especially sucks when it includes artists/songs you liked or enjoyed.. but none the less keep supporting them.

Hmm.. I wonder what will happen now.

It might be too late to take away his mutizen awards and crazy album sales, but it isn't too late to ban him and everyone else who plagiarized (if it'll eventually be officially decided that they did) to ban them from end of the year awards, and further activities in general. :x

I'm sorry- I don't mean to dig up the past but that's what happened to Hyori after Get Ya was officially stated as plagiarizing Britney Spears' Do Something, and it was so bad and heated and a total scratch on Hyori's career but totally deserved. I mean, how else would they and the rest of KPOP learn the lesson? Just a warning? Give me a break. After all this, I gaurantee they will not give a crap about a dumb warning.

Not that I wish people would fail and go through something so harsh because I really did love GD at one point, but IF Heartbreaker and all the rest of these shockingly amount of other songs are decided to be plagiarized, I don't see why it should be any different than Hyori's case...again, IF they end up being officially plagiarized. I mean, not even only one, not two, but THIS many songs and all they get is a warning? Not that this is the end of it and anything's really decided yet (...or is it?), but seriously...I don't know how they're getting away with all of this so easily for this many songs--- and as if that isn't enough, being called musical geniuses too over music that isn't even anything new. Even if their stuff doesnt turn out to be plagiarized- their music obviously isn't genius material if they sound this similar to so many songs.

I'm so sick of all this lukewarm YG/GD plagiarism reports saying they MIGHT'VE done so. It's like if they sound this similar but that's just the extent of it and there were no technical plagiarizing, even a warning shouldn't be given because it would still be their work....but if they did, something serious needs to be done so they'll finally wake up and stop stealing. Because I guess one wake up call wasn't enough for KPOP, and obviously another one needs to be made. This is ridiculous. I hope conclusions happen soon and whatever needs to happen happens. If his songs really ended up being plagiarized, I'm going to be really mad that he's gotten so much from that song over stolen work, and he would not deserve to get anything more.

PS. I agree with A180585 that his style has nothing to do with his music talents. I really love GD's style and he's undeniably adorabe/cute but from the last I heard, you don't get that from music.

They do sound alike, BUT there are so many songs all over the world that I think any song someone makes will match up in similarity to another; even when it's not intended it's hard cause people unknowingly get influenced/inspired from any music. Even music they heard in the passing.

And there are so many other songs that sound like another that aren't getting slammed as hard as YG is right now.

September 2009 = worst month for kpop, huh?

^

other songs do sound alike, but music companies actually buys the rights to use them.

fans should be happy that YG is getting warned by Sony, so they dont cheat fans into believing that their idols composed the song.

Also YG needs to learn to follow the rules and buy the songs in order to use them...

not just claim that they were 'inspire' by a certain song every time.

Oh crap...

I just dont understand.. if he did get 'inspired' or even plagarized..or even got artistic ideas from those other songs

doesnt he know as an artist that he will probably have to face law suit?

Why not do what Flo Rida did and buy the rights to cover "Right Round"

Even if it does cost money to cover... it's much better than this embarrassment that he has to face as an artist.

I mean ..being found to plagarize and copy other's music is the ultimate humiliation as an artist.

oh GD.. you should have done your homework about all this.

Archived