[Updated!] YG Plagiarism Issues - Teddy, “I did not plagiarise anything”

Guest ningmeng

^ yes but it shouldn't be plagiarized. there's nothing wrong with continuing to listen to his music but people should really stop defending the fact that he plagiarized. i'm not a GD fangirl but i was one of those people who thought he was a musical genius and i feel really cheated. i was a bit iffy on this but after listening to the vid comparing the three songs he copped from flo rida, oasis, and katharine macphee there's no way to defend him. don't lie to yourselves and believe he didn't plagiarize. just because you're a hardcore fan doesn't mean it's a sin to open your eyes (and ears) to your idol's mistakes.

i'll still listen to his music cause music is music and if it's good i'll listen to it. but i really really don't like g dragon now. and i really really don't understand teddy's analogy between music & facial features.

hey, i didn't say he didn't plagiarize.

i really don't think this will get anywhere.. because first of all it's GD. a lot of people love him and a lot of people hate him. and it'll pretty much stay that way- whether he copies music or not. music is music. i just think music should be enjoyed. i know that sounds kind of ignorant but if people were to debate about this it would go on for years. lol.

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey, i didn't say he didn't plagiarize.

i really don't think this will get anywhere.. because first of all it's GD. a lot of people love him and a lot of people hate him. and it'll pretty much stay that way- whether he copies music or not. music is music. i just think music should be enjoyed. i know that sounds kind of ignorant but if people were to debate about this it would go on for years. lol.

oh i wasn't directing it at you. i was just saying in general.

and i agree music is music. like i said i'd still listen to him regardless cause he makes catchy music. but plagiarism shouldn't be brushed off easily and i don't like how hardcore gd fans are letting it slide just because he's gd. and that's true this debate will probably never end, but at least it's a good debate, imo.

Guest polka_dotts

I don't get it. How did Teddy throw YG and GD under the bus? The interview was about his production and he produced "I Don't Care" so of course he's going to say something about that track, and not "Heartbreaker."

Guest dramaprincessxox

I don't get it. How did Teddy throw YG and GD under the bus? The interview was about his production and he produced "I Don't Care" so of course he's going to say something about that track, and not "Heartbreaker."

How did he throw them under the bus? In fact how did he shove them out of the bus and drive it casually over them? Here's how.

Instead of, "I did listen to the Lionel Richie song following the controversy over 'I Don't Care.' I had not heard the song prior to this controversy and any resemblances are purely coincidental," he said:

"I did listen to the Lionel Richie song following the controversy over "I Don't Care." You can't say it is plagiarism just because the feel, not the melody, of the two songs is similar."

YOU CAN'T SAY? Isn't that just like those bloody murderers you see on those CSI series? You know, like the rich types on their yachts who nonchalantly tell Horacio: "You can't prove that"?!

He then admitted to not only composing a plagiarised song, but also failing to change it?

"When you write a song and if that song is similar to another song then it is the composer's responsibility to make changes."

He was also happy to tell us how active he will be in helping YG/GD/2ne1 out after more or less admitting to his own irresponsible behaviour:

I have absolutely no interest in either lawsuits or plagiarism accusations.

Guest keeptryin'

^ nicely stated. I enjoy that banner/sig btw

For Heartbreaker, He said this:

“When you write a song and if that song is similar to another song then it is the composer’s responsibility to make changes"

And YG admitted that he has heard of the song blah blah etc. Basically Teddy's putting the blame on them to save himself.

Guest dramaprincessxox

^ nicely stated. I enjoy that banner/sig btw

Thanks! I adore that pic of Jaejoong. You would not believe how much I "enjoy" it myself. LOL that's a weird word to use though...rotfl

Using that spoiler tag is crazy fun...

edit

Thanks to Kissez* for that bus metaphor! lol

It's actually quite a funny mental image. I've also imagined Teddy shoving the poor people under a moving steamroller, shoving them onto the tracks seconds before a speeding train hits, pushing them out of the car while doing 190 on the highway and...blaming them for every damn thing in a court of law.

Hmm, not that funny anymore, huh? For shame, Teddy. For shame.

Guest suejinners

^ How is that relevant to this thread? Please do not spam.

Closing due to requests. & Some of you were going off topic and had some random comments. The thread has been filled with never ending arguments anyways.

Archived