[Updated!] YG Plagiarism Issues - Teddy, “I did not plagiarise anything”

Guest ningmeng

Guest colloquy

Indeed, they are a bit late. Netizens should start working for them.

For them to come to a conclusion on these songs and write out a letter take a little bit longer than netizens typing out accusations.

And, who cares if the promo is done? His and YG's reputation is already damaged. It's not like Sony sued them, they just issued a warning.

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uhm. Hello. It was 15 seconds...15 SECONDS. That isn't copycatting in my book. Sounds like the sound producers playing around with tunes and thinking hey that's cool, lets do that. Heck, that tune is so easy to do.

Guest ooxstacee

We aren't for SURE this article is true. It IS from allkpop. -__- They're not all that reliable.

We should all wait for YG or Sony's OFFICIAL article before we start judging.

I love YG. I'll stay a YG fan.

But I can't deny that I don't care doesn't sound like Just Go. The chorus sounds alike.

Now for GD's problem, that was like what? less than 30 seconds of the song. I don't really call that plagiarism.

Calling YG a disgrace is unnecessary and uncalled for.

If you don't like them, avoid them.

Guest crazy lulu

totally agree with the gd accusations. 8/ there are way too many similarities between gd's songs and the songs they're up against. why yg let gd have so much control of his first album? who knows? gd isn't as capable of a producer/writer as teddy. his songs don't normally have a good hook and bore the heck out of me. maybe that's because i have a bias for hiphop and gd's productions are far from hiphop, but the dude's tunes are boring. "heartbreaker" was only good because it sounded like "right round". as for "i don't care", i realize the slight similarities, but i'm pretty sure that one won't hold up.

^Newsen article since you think allkpop is unreliable: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200909211125131002

I wonder about "The leaders" though. That song sounds too much like Snoop Dogg's "Drop it like it's hot"

Sorry, I have to write this. It's hard for me to believe in newsen anymore. Their reporters report on nearly everything without much evidence and don't care about facts much.

Anyways~

They had it coming. However, there is a severe difference between sounding similar and being carbon copies of each other. You can easily say a bunch of pop songs all sound like michael jackson songs. That's why sony only issued a warning. Doesn't really matter though. Those were really awesome songs. :P Everyone likes to say that the "original is always better," but some times... it really isn't.

Guest shinhdeplol

sigh.it's back

i hope there will be an official statement from YG and SONY. i personally dont find Heartbreak sound similar to Right Round :huh: (except for the first 15 secs). Butterfly is def. not similar either

wow......but gd's style is totally different from those american singers ;x

oh well, i hope everything goes well....i love GD hahaha

....no comment

Like what 2NE1 says: I don't care eheheheheh...I don't care eheheheheh....

Old issue and I will wait for the official statement from YGEnt to draw any conclusions about this issue...

GD has my full support and as for him being not creative - can anyone in here name an idol that comes close to GD and what he had accomplish so far?

Oh please

GD is not what people make him out to be

I love YG!

My favorite K-pop company you have no idea

I got into K-pop because of them, but as time went on I started hearing too many songs that sounded exactly like american songs Se7en's "Oh My Girl" sounds exactly like "Rock Your Body", Tae Yang's "Je In" sounds like "Because Of You" and then don't get me started on 2ne1's songs. I love this company but when G-Dragon's album came out I threw my hands up because YG straight up denied the comparisons which disappointed me. And then GD's crazy fans thinking he's the Quincy Jones of Korea in the making made me sick to my stomach.

I am glad Sony spoke up, it is unfair that G-Dragon was getting all of the fame and credit for something he stole.

Anyone who is denying this is either deaf or in denial

and to the people getting mad at colloguy's remarks, can you blame her for saying that?

I can't say those words because I love YG too much and they gave me great music but I understand where she is coming from because what they did was disrespectful.

all three entertainment companies of the Holy Trinity (aka SM, JYP and YG) are having some type of who-can-stir-the-biggest-controversy contest going on

i agree with u!

LOL!

jaebeom's issue is the saddest out of all...

i just hope the remaining time of 2009 will be a peaceful time...

I just went into GD's solo thread

...I have some words for those crazy fangirls but if I speak the truth I might get into trouble rlmao.

Everyone thinks Sony waited until GD got success to get him,

chawld plz.

If the sheet music is similar then there is gonna be trouble......

I can agree with the other songs but Heartbreaker and Right Round? Pfft not similiar in the slightest except for maybe the way GD was rapping in the beginning. But really its about time they got slammed for it...(not that I have anything against Big Bang or 2NE1 I am a fan) but there are just some very close similarities and they've really been let off easy.

Guest anyaluvsmodels

I think YG tries too hard to bring main stream US music into the Korean music, maybe that is why most of their artists' song sound so similar.

But I find it funny how if it is other countries copying Korean artists then it is WAR. I am being too dramatic!

Guest mashimaro_is_luff

Hell yes... YG Entertainment finally being called out for their inane BS. How much longer did they think they get away with it? Honestly, they're a disgrace.

ditto, thank you

I wonder if SONY gonna make YG fork out %of the income made through this song if they win the case(if they gonna have one)

in one way, i think sony was smart to wait a while because no one will wanna buy a plagiarized song so they waited until GD rake in enough kaching before suing.

We aren't for SURE this article is true. It IS from allkpop. -__- They're not all that reliable.

We should all wait for YG or Sony's OFFICIAL article before we start judging.

I love YG. I'll stay a YG fan.

But I can't deny that I don't care doesn't sound like Just Go. The chorus sounds alike.

Now for GD's problem, that was like what? less than 30 seconds of the song. I don't really call that plagiarism.

Calling YG a disgrace is unnecessary and uncalled for.

If you don't like them, avoid them.

even if you sample 30 seconds without proper permission it's considered plagiarism

but GD and Flo-Rida's songs sound exactly the same.

As for Just Go

the chorus might be the same on sheet music and that's why they got called out

I can agree with the other songs but Heartbreaker and Right Round? Pfft not similiar in the slightest except for maybe the way GD was rapping in the beginning. But really its about time they got slammed for it...(not that I have anything against Big Bang or 2NE1 I am a fan) but there are just some very close similarities and they've really been let off easy.

Oh my goodness

they sound THE SAME!

How can anyone deny it?

Guest 0owhoa_nowo0

seriously fans will always be fans. i dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing defending their idols to no ends. sometimes you just have see it for what it is and admit it. that's the only way to improve and earn the lost respect. if gd and the rest of yg who was in this plagiarism case would fess up and apologize for what they've done and promise to work harder and try harder then they would not have looked so stupid has plain out denying it and having it be publicize like this. plagiarism is well know in the music world, the reason why gd is being hit hard is because he is dubbed as a musical genius which seems somewhat undeserving at this point because of all these plagiarism cases popping up. other idol groups aren't hit as hard because they are not known for making their own songs so even if the songs sound similiar or even if it is plagiarized the song writer gets the heat because they merely sings it and takes no credit in making it.... fans have to see this instead of bringing other groups in about similarities and what not in other songs....

Guest splendidlure

haha. you can't talk sense into stans. stans think their idol can't do any wrong. haha.

YG is way too influenced from American music for their own good. :rolleyes:

Archived