2009 Mtv Video Music Awards: Picture Thread

Guest massive toene

Guest mzxkirbie

Kanye West lost my respect ever since his "new" album came out.. from the album.. like.. i could hear that he wasn't the kanye that i once respected. now seeing this happen.. and being a person who is not even a taylor swift fan.. it made me lose any part of respect i have had for him when his first major hit came out.

i really admired beyonce for talking about her experience and saying how she wanted to let taylor go up on the stage again to start the speech all over. it was really unself and kind of beyonce. that's really admirable.

and also.. lady gaga went all out on the vmas. i actually loved it.. cuz wow. she has her own style. how often do you see that on the red carpet eh?

and i thought it was really funny when lil mama came outta nowhere. that was really.. outta nowhere. hahahah.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kanye ,,,wins the award for trashiest douchebag of the night.

Is he on crack? He needs a straight jacket and a wakeup call...seriously Kanye lives in the universe inside his own head..and hes the one that is propagating racism.... what a hypocritical fool...All I have to say to him is "Career Suicide"

Taylor should have B-slapped his face.. but she is too sweet for that. She was so shocked ...I felt so bad for her.

Guest nghister

did kanye share whatever he was drinking with lil mama? Because those 2 are really RUDE. Lil mama's was a bit more amusing than rude to the people watching but I'm sure Jay z and alicia keys did NOT appreciate that surprise one bit. -___-

Guest garnet07

Hehe and uhhh <_< to Kanye. Not again you big IDIOT, BAKA, TANGA ... Well ok, I knew this isn't the first time but he totally ruined the moment not just for Taylor Swift, but the meaning of the entire show >> TRIBUTE TO MICHAEL JACKSON!!

I loved and got emotional when Madonna did her speech, it was so touching. Only to have the highlight of the night crashing down by the fool once again. Since you guys pretty much said everything then I'll be ending my rant here.

For positive notes, the best performance of the night has got to be Pink. Dang, that whole acrobatic thing totally fits with her song. Awesome performance and way to end the night with MJ's "This IS it"

Edit: who the heck was the host?!! His jokes weren't funny at all ... more like over the top gags. Gahh first VMAs I watched for years ... last time was probably 2002 ... now I know why, MTV really sucks at planning the show and picking winners.

Can someone just kill Kanye now?

big wtf....

the vmas always suck and i always end up watching the whole thing.

all the performances were boring and russell brand is the worst host ever. whyyy would you bring him back after last year?

Guest seryberry

i was at work when i read all these stats and tweets about kanye so i was like, 'what did he do?'

i feel sooooo bad for Taylor :(, some may think she didnt deserve but there was no reason for Kanye to do that, like i am actually disgusted!!! whatever possessed him to do that is beyond me...i love Taylor Swift, she handled it gracefully, if it were me i think id start blubbering and crying. he lost my respect!!!!!

I don't know why anyone is surprised by Kanye's doucheness tonight. People should of known some ish was gonna go down based on his other rants like this and the fact that he brought a bottle of Hennessey with him. Yes it was RUDE but it wasn't SHOCKING. Lady Gaga's outfits made me LOL tonight and it was even more hilarious when Eminem presented her the award. Bey was fabulous/humble as usual (though I wish she did Sweet Dreams instead). Muse did great. The MJ tribute was really good despite that fail dancer during the gravity lean. Lil Mama had no business ruining the Jay-Z/Alicia Keys performance with her wack self.

All in all it was one of the better VMA's in the last 3-4 years.

The MJ tribute was really good despite that fail dancer during the gravity lean.

LOL, that made me laugh.. I saw it and i'm like "aek, failed."

Chris Brown would've done MJ proud if he hasn't....

Guest pandoras0nymph

kanye is a huge drama queen bag of trash. he's mean, and i dont know why he did that to taylor. she's a sweet girl and i felt bad for her. kanye you need psychiatric help, you're like bipolar person or something.

where can i watch this?? i dont have a tv, and the videos on mtv's website is not available in my region

Guest neptune_joker

I saw Pink's tweets. I'm sorry she didn't go give Kanye a tight slap or something. Poor Taylor! My heart goes out to her. First VMA award and this happens. And Beyonce is totally gracious about it. It's sweet.

Guest dbskftw493

Kanye West lost my respect ever since his "new" album came out.. from the album.. like.. i could hear that he wasn't the kanye that i once respected.

Took the words right out of my mouth, Kanye's music is totally different compared to his first album "The College Dropout". He was like the baddest MC, now he's just a jerk D:

Beyonce on the other hand, she's professional and all class

Beyonce and Taylor ftw :)

I think Lady gaga try's too much to be different. but shes not that different from society nowadays. alot of people dare to do what she do. and to be truely different, you are. you don't need to try. If u try, then ur no diffrent from others who try too.

Guest Amethist

Haha I also watched it, but during time differences I had to watch it like from 3-5 AM in the morning, woah I felt so sleepy ~_~.. I missed a part of Madonna's speech, so I'm gonna look if I can find the whole speech on the internet somewhere. Anyway, I loved Janet Jackson's tribute to her brother, Scream is one of my fave MJ and JJ songs, and it's their song, so it was a really good choice. And the dancers also did a good job, but I felt bad for the one who failed the gravity lean.

Omg Kanye West, seriously, drop the attitude man, someone tell him he's not allowed to do stuff like that (Security! Seriously they should have stopped him). I felt so bad for Taylor, and it was clear Beyonce also felt bad, it was so kind that Beyonce gave Taylor Swift the moment she deserved, I'm really glad she did that.

I did like Russell Brand as a host btw, he was kind of a pervert yes, but he was also a nice host, and kudos that he stepped up for Lady GaGa! ( seriously people should stop the whole hermaphrodite bs)

Lady GaGa's perfomance was pretty cool with the piano and the blood and all, but P!nk's performance was the most unique, woah I really loved that performance, it was like a circus act.

I also found it pretty cool how Taylor Swift and Greenday really involved the crowd.

Btw what the- ?! Muse's performance was the first ever on american tv? Seriously? I thought they were bigger than that, cause here in Europe they're already a huge band for years now (yeah loooong before Twilight).

The other performances were also good, and I enjoyed seeing the New Moon and the This Is It trailer (I'm not sure if This Is It will hit the Dutch cinema's though, I haven't heard anything about it here).

Btw they only presented the most popular awards, I actually hoped to see more awards? There were a lot more on the site >_<..

*edit*

I have seen Madonna's speech now, it was really beautiful, I love it when people tell personal stories about MJ, he seemed like such a cool person to just hang out with, aside from the fact that he's the King of Pop and all..

Guest Machitoshi

I felt really bad for her after he left the stage, she was too stunned to say anything. It's great that everyone else supported her though, and I felt bad for Beyonce too, she had to make up for what Kanye West did. Even Megan Fox who was behind Beyonce looked stunned. Kanye West was very rude to do that, Taylor looked so scared after, but some of the comments here are so extreme, I don't think he should die over something like this =S

Archived