korean celeb beauty secrets

Guest bluebubblez

Guest iamdangermouse

oooh i know i know

there's a massaging place in abgujung-dong (rich place in Seoul)

I heard a lot of celebrities go there. I've never been at a massaging place, but i think they dump cream all over your face and then keep patting it and rubbing it in..

okay i bet celebrities do a lot more than just go to a massaging place... but yeah.. thats all i know..

my rich rich guy friend goes to a massaging place just over a pimple.. he's just filthy rich and kinda too into himself..

so i guess celebrities pretty much do the same thing..

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest luckyyou

i have no idea

but probablhy a lot of plastic surgery?

i have no idea

yes because plastic surgery = great skin

anyways, i don't know any particular celebrity beauty secret...but here's my take

lee junki puts green tea ice cubes on his face to keep his face un-swollen (is that even a word?). you know how sometimes if you don't get enough sleep or eat ramen before you go to bed, your face looks swollen the next morning. he says green tea ice cube helps.

a lot of korean celebrities use high-end skincare you can buy here in the U.S. like Chanel, Dior, etc. My mom reads this magazine and I always flip through it and once in awhile there'll be like someone talking about what they use. It's not like a hip young stars, but older actresses. I still read it to get an idea of what they use.

Also facials in Korea are much cheaper than here. Here in California, only those with money can go to get facials every week (:P facials are so fun though), but in Korea practically anyone can afford it. It's part of living.

Also there's bathtubs you go to. Since majority of Koreans live in apartments and apartments can't have crazy big tubs, Koreans usually take showers. Then once a week they go to a bathtub. It's this big area fun area (ok I thought it was so fun when I was a kid) where there's like giant bathtubs and other little nooks and stuff. Someone will come and rub the ddae off so you feel super clean. There's like a bathtub of hot hot hot water, etc. If you live near a big Korean community, you can always find out. There's a lot in LA. But if you're self-conscious, then it's not a place for you since you go in there completely naked. Oh and like facials, this is a given in Korea.

Plus, the myth, what you eat doesn't constitute what kind of skin you have. But I'm sure it plays a small part. Koreans (like other Asians) eat lots of vegetables. But their vegetables aren't submerged in oil.

oh and Korean make-up artists really know how to apply make-up on Koreans.

And one can't be born with flawless skin. If you take good care of your skin, you can achieve it too :P (haha so inspirational right?). And when you do have problems, learn how to apply make-up on so it hides your minor flaws. :)

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

YES try the lee junki beauty tips... it actually works

-green tea ice cubes did make my face slimmer

-silkworm cocoon power + water = paste on gauze. makes your face have a glow to it.

-the towel exercise... ok i didn't have that much of love handles.. but now i don't have ANY

i'm not saying that it works miracles.. but it helps prevents alotta things like breakouts and redness.

oh... that towel exercise really did work miracles...

if you don't know the video.. go to youtube.com and then type LEE JUNKI BEAUTY

Guest userfriendly

i'd say they're naturally like that. i mean, if everyone had flawless skin and perfect hair, then everyone would be admired and famous.

Guest dare2move

hahha yes thats true. I do it all the time, not with my face though o.o just my body i never knew anyone did that with their face. and it DOES come off like noodles! but in the end its worth it because you feel alot lighter and your skin seems to be more healthier with all that dead weight off of you.

where can you get this special washcloth?

Guest swtaznangel

^ I want to know this to.

This would be very useful for me one day when I'm really bored. All I know is, DRINK WATER! It's a no brain-er.

Guest dream_on

if you use evian water to wash your hair, it makes your hair super shiny cause of the minerals in it.

drink green tea! i used to drink this every day and my skin got so clear. and then i stopped drinking it and my acne came back. o_o i need to start drinking it again but it's so hot out! maybe i should drink it cold.

make sure you wear sunscreen everyday too. it might not make too much of a difference now but you won't get wrinkles later!!

MILK BATHS: Pour a cup or more of powdered milk under running bath water. The lactic acid in the milk will remove dry dead skin and leave you baby soft. Powered milk is quite reasonably priced compared to those expensive bath oils and soaps. Just add a drop or two of some scented oil if you want a really dreamy bath!

Guest Kazunomiya

yes because plastic surgery = great skin

anyways, i don't know any particular celebrity beauty secret...but here's my take

lee junki puts green tea ice cubes on his face to keep his face un-swollen (is that even a word?). you know how sometimes if you don't get enough sleep or eat ramen before you go to bed, your face looks swollen the next morning. he says green tea ice cube helps.

a lot of korean celebrities use high-end skincare you can buy here in the U.S. like Chanel, Dior, etc. My mom reads this magazine and I always flip through it and once in awhile there'll be like someone talking about what they use. It's not like a hip young stars, but older actresses. I still read it to get an idea of what they use.

Also facials in Korea are much cheaper than here. Here in California, only those with money can go to get facials every week (:P facials are so fun though), but in Korea practically anyone can afford it. It's part of living.

Also there's bathtubs you go to. Since majority of Koreans live in apartments and apartments can't have crazy big tubs, Koreans usually take showers. Then once a week they go to a bathtub. It's this big area fun area (ok I thought it was so fun when I was a kid) where there's like giant bathtubs and other little nooks and stuff. Someone will come and rub the ddae off so you feel super clean. There's like a bathtub of hot hot hot water, etc. If you live near a big Korean community, you can always find out. There's a lot in LA. But if you're self-conscious, then it's not a place for you since you go in there completely naked. Oh and like facials, this is a given in Korea.

Plus, the myth, what you eat doesn't constitute what kind of skin you have. But I'm sure it plays a small part. Koreans (like other Asians) eat lots of vegetables. But their vegetables aren't submerged in oil.

oh and Korean make-up artists really know how to apply make-up on Koreans.

And one can't be born with flawless skin. If you take good care of your skin, you can achieve it too :P (haha so inspirational right?). And when you do have problems, learn how to apply make-up on so it hides your minor flaws. :)

@ the bolded area: OH CRAP! I eat it EVERY night before I go to bed.. (that's my dinner) But literally, I'll eat it, brush my teeth & go to bed. Damn, that why my eyes are puffy.. >w< damn it

The water thing doesn't work for my mom, she drinks 3 2-liter bottles of water in about 5 hours, and she has hella red skin with a few blemishes.

On a side note: I have this vertical line going from the inner corner of my eyes til my cheeks begin, and inside that area underneath my eyes, it's discolored from the rest of my skin. How do you get rid of that??

Guest XianXian

YES try the lee junki beauty tips... it actually works

-green tea ice cubes did make my face slimmer

-silkworm cocoon power + water = paste on gauze. makes your face have a glow to it.

-the towel exercise... ok i didn't have that much of love handles.. but now i don't have ANY

i'm not saying that it works miracles.. but it helps prevents alotta things like breakouts and redness.

oh... that towel exercise really did work miracles...

if you don't know the video.. go to youtube.com and then type LEE JUNKI BEAUTY

What's the towel exercise? What do you do?

Guest ESTHER.

LIVE IN KOREA! DON'T LIVE ANYWHERE ELSE!

hahah. aw the lee junki beauty tips sound so interesting. green tea ice cubes, i wanna try that. thanks for sharing!

Guest babossagaji

Live in Korea? Koreans tell me Japan's air is much better! ^^

What is their secret? Hmm....

Guest HappyGirl

What about hot spring bath? Isn't Japan and Korea famous for them? I think the mineral from these baths helps purify the skin.

Guest +_lena

about water - from what i know, you have to be drinking water CONSTANTLY; you can`t just drink it all at once. but too much water can screw up the salt levels in your blood, so it`s good to occasionally add some salt to your water (that`s how i was raised, anyways.)

my friend has such clear skin...the thing is, she had reallyyy bad acne scars until she got the facial peels or whatever...and now she washes her face with milk (<--i heard it works reallyy well), gets facials every week, and constantly goes to hot springs to take mineral baths. ah, the lives of luxury.

Guest swtlilazn

watermelon^^ ahaha...nah, iuno, lol, wen my mum used to buy heaps of watermelon i was so addicted to it...its a good water suppliment and i think it clears up the skin coz its like 99% water anyway. =) lols...+ its filling so u lose weight^^ lols

rmber not to binge though! ^^ ahah

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pink_elephant

the green tea ice cubs really do work :] It helped with swelling and it helped my pimples go away. I had these bumps of my forhead and about 90% of it cleared. I checked on google and green tea does help with acne. so yay for green tea :D

I'm gonna try the towel exercise soon. teehee

Archived