Asian Desserts

Peekabooitzme

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ I don't think it's all agar, sago and beans. There's also MSG. I'm kidding but um, I think the last picture the white stuff is tofu. That sugar/tofu dessert. X___X

I love asian deserts <3 especially the jellies.

Guest SillyyJenn

umm....of all the deserts i like this thai one. it's sweet mango with sweet stiky rice. so awesome =D

oh oh oh! and the bing pei mooncakes. AWESOMENESS <3

umm...red bean tong yerns are full of yummy too XD

mango sticky rice

mango-sticky-rice-dessert.jpg

tongyuens

tong%20yuen.jpg

snow mooncakes

moon-cake.jpg

Guest cheerydumdum

omg. i just finished eating dinner and now i'm hungry again. T^T i love sweet soft tofu! i like that sweet tapioca soup they have at chinese restaurants. sai mai lo. can't really type it out. lol. oh and i like red bean plus condensed milk over shaved ice. :]

random picture i found online:

P1010373.JPG

i think the person on the website said they stuck some pudding on the side. :l

Guest lingzee

omg. i just finished eating dinner and now i'm hungry again. T^T i love sweet soft tofu! i like that sweet tapioca soup they have at chinese restaurants. sai mai lo. can't really type it out. lol. oh and i like red bean plus condensed milk over shaved ice. :]

random picture i found online:

%7Boption%7Dhttp://lh6.ggpht.com/_bvEmf5YzdeY/RuusJzyvppI/AAAAAAAABjI/Cz4MfW6f14c/s640/P1010373.JPG%7Boption%7D

i think the person on the website said they stuck some pudding on the side. :l

ah that shaved ice looks soooooo good :lol:

I sure love sweet stuff

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Miss.Understood

I have moon cake lying right on my kitchen counter, too bad I don't favor moon cake that much...=P I want some of that black jello (2nd pic), don't really remember what it's called, but when I was younger, I used to eat it like every week. =)

i've never had any of these. i guess it's cause i'm not asian.

but hmm.. i read about mooncakes and i'm gathering it's more salty/savoury than sweet?

i dunno.. i'd have to try these some time.

i did have a baaaad experience with bubble tea though..

GreenTeaLatte-thumb.jpg

i ordered green tea and boy, did i regret

getting that flavor. i wanted something unique but yeah, i should've just gotten

mango or something. but i'll try again!

actually, the food in the last picture in the 1st post isn't tofu or almond. it's a soybean curd in brown sugar, which we usually call tau huay (dialect) or dou hua (mandarin). it's usually served with white sugar syrup here instead of brown, and sometimes you see some stalls serving the soybean curd with soymilk.

almond jelly is typically served with logans over ice and sugar syrup, or sometimes with fruit cocktail. (see 6th pic in first post and also below)

Almond Jelly (1) Almond Jelly (2)

some more yummy asian desserts!

yam paste with gingko nuts

ice kachang

Cheng Teng (1) cheng teng (2)

red ruby

assortment of malay kuihs (cakes/pastries): 1 2 3 4 5

honeydew sago (1) honeydew sago (2)

chendol

How about mango pudding?

I love it whenever my mum makes it (so much better than at yum cha places)..

Oh and the tofu thing is just <3.. I love the syrup. lol

Archived