Lee Sang Yun 이상윤♥️ Actor/Entertainer | [Drama 2023] Pandora: Beneath The Paradise [Drama 2023] Celebrity

OrangeRoo

Hi. I just want to offer my congratulations to LSY for completing a successful drama. This is my first LSY drama and I have been mighty impressed by his performance. I do not have anything to contribute here except for a photo of a black Tesler with a personalised plate "LSY" on it ;)The review of this car is "practical, refined and desirable - a triumph" - a description that pretty much sums up my impression of LSY. Happy Sunday!

PS I am still trying to figure out how to post a photo….

Edited by ELY_397
  • Like 5

Just finished Twenty Again (finally!) and I can truly say that my admiration for LSY has gone up a whole new level! Initially liked him for his good looks in melodrama Angel Eyes, liked the transition in role in thriller Liar Game, and for his undeniable charm in romcom Twenty Again. I guess it's safe to say that this guy can do practically any genre! To top that all, he seems so kind, humble and smart in real life. It was not a mistake to follow this Korean actor's career. (He's the only one I religiously follow anyway :P)

If only I can clone LSY/Dong Joo/Hyun Suk in real life. :wub: Till then, I'll just keep dreaming. 

Speaking of dreams (this may not be much of a topic for a public forum but who else can I share with with? Haha), I dreamt the other day that I saw LSY in a restaurant near my office. I asked for a selfie and he was game about it. He even held my camera for me because his arm is much longer (LOL) than mine. When I checked my phone, he took a video, not a pic. HAHA sigh I really did check my phone after waking up. =))

• Like 7

Hi. I just want to offer my congratulations to LSY for completing a successful drama. This is my first LSY drama and I have been mighty impressed by his performance. I do not have anything to contribute here except for a photo of a black Tesler with a personalised plate "LSY" on it ;)The review of this car is "practical, refined and desirable - a triumph" - a description that pretty much sums up my impression of LSY. Happy Sunday!

Upload the pic to any image hosting sites, e.g. imageshack, imgur etc, then copy the url.  Go to insert other media, click 'insert image from url', paste the url link, click 'insert image into post'.....Ta-da!

Hello everyone, it's my first post here. Twenty again is my first LSY's drama.  He has good chemistry with CJW. Which drama would you guys recommend for my next LSY's drama, Angel eyes or Liar game? BTW, what does MFF means?

• Like 2

Moonie or Moon Goon Young of Goddess of Fire Jung Yi, roots for boss & STTYO:) via Instagram 

nice. how sweet of her!:)

Amazing The second twenty years old] Cha Hyun-Suk (Lee Sang-Yoon) crush https://t.co/OKkKmWgnSi

wow! so cute! I hope Lee Sang Yoon can see this ^_^

@mme_madeleine  we are the same, LSY is the only actor I follow  as well. we are captivated by boss charm.

• Like 2

Upload the pic to any image hosting sites, e.g. imageshack, imgur etc, then copy the url.  Go to insert other media, click 'insert image from url', paste the url link, click 'insert image into post'.....Ta-da!

Hello everyone, it's my first post here. Twenty again is my first LSY's drama.  He has good chemistry with CJW. Which drama would you guys recommend for my next LSY's drama, Angel eyes or Liar game? BTW, what does MFF means?

Hi @libra22, welcome to the hangout of LSY's MFF - Many Faithful Fans! Hehe. ^_^ 

Hmm, if you were to ask me which LSY drama to watch next, I'd impulsively say Liar Game. But I'll give you my explanations for both-in that way you can choose what best suits your taste. :) 

1) Liar Game

Content-wise, this has got to be the among the best of all of LSY's dramas. It will stimulate your critical and strategical thinking (and perhaps your inner nerd :P). It will surely keep you on your toes the whole time.

With regard to LSY's character, it's probably not as dynamic as it was in Twenty Again (he was such a consistent grouch in LG) but LSY does such a splendid job not only in acting but in bringing out the charisma and making it lovable. There's hardly any romance here, but he has great chemistry with Kim So Eun. I think I'd put this and Twenty Again on the same level. :) Highly recommended!

2) Angel Eyes

Content-wise, I think it was well-written and produced at the start. Not that it got totally boring, but I do think some aspects got too stretched out, which probably gave the drama a pinch of predictability. Much could have been improved in terms of pacing and storytelling. 

However, this was the drama where I first fell in love head over heels with LSY. First, it was his dashingly dimpled smile coupled with that hairstyle! Then it was his character--it really is just too good to be true that I started to google LSY to see if he was anywhere near that in real life. :P And I must say that his chemistry with Gu Hye Sun was sizzling--from the way he looks at her to his passionate kisses--again, they all seem so real! His acting is commendable--you must watch his talking eyebrows and his heartbreaking crying. Recommended mainly because of LSY and his irresistible charms. 

3) Scales of Providence

It's one of LSY's earlier dramas when he was waaaay younger, but it's actually good which is I wonder why it's underrated. Content-wise, I like it, and his acting was blossoming. I think he won an award for that. :) 

4) My Daughter Seo Young

It's a 50-episode series so you must have the stamina to watch a lengthy drama. :P The story isn't very novel but what I liked about it was how the characters were dynamic and multi-dimensional. Given the length, the story may take a while to develop, but it's written well enough not to make you feel like you're being fed too much of one thing. LSY's appeal here is somewhat similar to Angel Eyes--although I didn't like his character at the start since he was so arrogant and self-centered. But he was just as handsome as he was in AE so I'm not complaining. Hehe. 

I hope this helps you decide, and that you'd get to watch more of his dramas and hang out with us here. :) See you around! 

• Like 3

Just finished Twenty Again (finally!) and I can truly say that my admiration for LSY has gone up a whole new level! Initially liked him for his good looks in melodrama Angel Eyes, liked the transition in role in thriller Liar Game, and for his undeniable charm in romcom Twenty Again. I guess it's safe to say that this guy can do practically any genre! To top that all, he seems so kind, humble and smart in real life. It was not a mistake to follow this Korean actor's career. (He's the only one I religiously follow anyway :P)

If only I can clone LSY/Dong Joo/Hyun Suk in real life. :wub: Till then, I'll just keep dreaming. 

Speaking of dreams (this may not be much of a topic for a public forum but who else can I share with with? Haha), I dreamt the other day that I saw LSY in a restaurant near my office. I asked for a selfie and he was game about it. He even held my camera for me because his arm is much longer (LOL) than mine. When I checked my phone, he took a video, not a pic. HAHA sigh I really did check my phone after waking up. =))

MFF, your dream will come true...one day:)

http://8AEFDBF2-25FF-4653-91DD-BDDFD14E8949_zps

Cr: as tagged & thanks @leesangyoonthailand

Hi @libra22, welcome to the hangout of LSY's MFF - Many Faithful Fans! Hehe. ^_^ 

Hmm, if you were to ask me which LSY drama to watch next, I'd impulsively say Liar Game. But I'll give you my explanations for both-in that way you can choose what best suits your taste. :) 

1) Liar Game

Content-wise, this has got to be the among the best of all of LSY's dramas. It will stimulate your critical and strategical thinking (and perhaps your inner nerd :P). It will surely keep you on your toes the whole time.

With regard to LSY's character, it's probably not as dynamic as it was in Twenty Again (he was such a consistent grouch in LG) but LSY does such a splendid job not only in acting but in bringing out the charisma and making it lovable. There's hardly any romance here, but he has great chemistry with Kim So Eun. I think I'd put this and Twenty Again on the same level. :) Highly recommended!

2) Angel Eyes

Content-wise, I think it was well-written and produced at the start. Not that it got totally boring, but I do think some aspects got too stretched out, which probably gave the drama a pinch of predictability. Much could have been improved in terms of pacing and storytelling. 

However, this was the drama where I first fell in love head over heels with LSY. First, it was his dashingly dimpled smile coupled with that hairstyle! Then it was his character--it really is just too good to be true that I started to google LSY to see if he was anywhere near that in real life. :P And I must say that his chemistry with Gu Hye Sun was sizzling--from the way he looks at her to his passionate kisses--again, they all seem so real! His acting is commendable--you must watch his talking eyebrows and his heartbreaking crying. Recommended mainly because of LSY and his irresistible charms. 

3) Scales of Providence

It's one of LSY's earlier dramas when he was waaaay younger, but it's actually good which is I wonder why it's underrated. Content-wise, I like it, and his acting was blossoming. I think he won an award for that. :) 

4) My Daughter Seo Young

It's a 50-episode series so you must have the stamina to watch a lengthy drama. :P The story isn't very novel but what I liked about it was how the characters were dynamic and multi-dimensional. Given the length, the story may take a while to develop, but it's written well enough not to make you feel like you're being fed too much of one thing. LSY's appeal here is somewhat similar to Angel Eyes--although I didn't like his character at the start since he was so arrogant and self-centered. But he was just as handsome as he was in AE so I'm not complaining. Hehe. 

I hope this helps you decide, and that you'd get to watch more of his dramas and hang out with us here. :) See you around! 

Just to share on awards winning drama & nominations:-

My Daughter SeoYoung, best drama 2012/2013 APAN awards & LSY-LBY won best couple awards at KBS drama 2012, LSY nominated for best actor award.

Angel Eyes, LSY-GHS nominated for best couple SBS  2014 drama awards

Goddess of Fire Jung Yi, LSY nominated for Excellence Actor Award at MBC 2013 drama awards.

Home Sweet Home, LSY won 'Best New Actor/Artist' award at MBC 2010 drama awards.

http://youtu.be/r1vV2_0CbNg

Edited by sin hoonsim
  • Like 2

http://379A3C7C-91B9-43DF-ACD6-8A28691B3450_zpsURL]It’s only been a week since tvN’s ajumma-turned-college-freshman romantic comedy Twenty Again wrapped, but lead actor Lee Sang-yoon has already done a gazillion interviews and been on a vacation. Who feels lazy? The heartwarming series, starring Choi Ji-woo as a woman who rediscovers herself at 38, was another hit for the cable network’s Friday-Saturday drama slot (the show peaked at 7.6% average ratings for the finale), and cast and crew were treated to a getaway in Phuket. Adorable pictures with costars Choi Ji-woo and Choi Won-young below. 

This is a collection of quotes from multiple interviews, in which Lee Sang-yoon discusses Twenty Again and his character at length, and his experiences working with Choi Ji-woo and writer So Hyun-kyung (Two Weeks, My Daughter Seo-young, 49 Days, Prosecutor Princess, Brilliant Legacy) again.

The 34-year-old actor debuted, ironically, as Choi Ji-woo’s first love in Air City (2007), only to come full circle as her leading man in Twenty Again who can’t get over his first love. Do all drama roads just lead to Choi Ji-woo? When asked about his prickly-but-thoughtful, petty-but-swoony character Cha Hyun-seok, he said:

“I had fun because it was my first time playing a character with so many different personality traits — a man in his 30s who on the outside looks successful and cool, who becomes a childish grade-schooler in front of his first love. I thought, ‘This is the fun of acting,’ and it made me want to play lots of varied characters.”

About Cha Hyun-seok’s thoughtfulness towards Ha Nora (Choi Ji-woo), he said: “Truthfully it’s hard for a man to be that meticulous in caring for someone — in secret when you don’t want her to know, coming out strong when you need to, sometimes caring for her humorously. I think a lot of women liked that. Even I thought, ‘That guy is impressive.’ I can’t even take care of someone and pretend I didn’t, because I’m not that nice to begin with. Cha Hyun-seok and I are about 50% alike.”

“Writer So Hyun-kyung wrote Cha Hyun-seok to be cool. When he’s preparing everything for the woman he loves and helping her, I wondered if there really is a man who would go to that extent. He’s an awfully diligent guy,” he said with a laugh. He concluded, “I think he’s an ideal. I’m sure he could exist in real life, but it wouldn’t be easy.”

He talked about having to dance for the first time (when Hyun-seok takes Nora on a blast to the past in their school uniforms): “Truthfully I can’t dance. But I let go of myself, and let go of my sanity, and danced for the role. But people who have danced before should do the dancing, because I pulled something in my neck and was in pain the next day.”

When asked about whether he thought his character Hyun-seok had dated anyone else in the 20 years that he hadn’t seen Nora, he said, “It’s like he was stopped and then started living again. I saw it that way. Actually we talked about it a lot, especially the director and I, about whether Hyun-seok had dated or not. I think that even if Hyun-seok dated, he’s never been in a relationship where he opened his heart. You can say that the scars from his first love kept him from giving his heart away. That heart opened up for the first time in 20 years.”

He was asked about his reunion with Choi Ji-woo since 2007’s Air City, and he said, “It was fun. Sunbaenim’s bouncy charisma and innocence fit the character well. The writer told us that our chemistry came across onscreen. Choi Ji-woo sunbaenim remembered me from Air City — after the script reading, she told me she remembered my incredible foot-acting [terrible acting] back then. I knew I was bad, but I didn’t know she’d call it foot-acting. I want to ask her now, ‘Was I okay? I tried really hard this time. To redeem myself for the foot-acting.'”

About acting with her this time around: “The drama itself was so fun, and the character was good. And because I could be immersed in my partner Choi Ji-woo sunbaenim’s emotions, I think the result was naturally fun. I think I just benefited from Choi Ji-woo sunbae — more than doing anything, I just followed Nora’s emotions and helped her, which ended up making me look cool.”

“The chemistry on set was really fun. [Choi Ji-woo] is such an upbeat person that she made Ha Nora even more vibrant and energetic. It could’ve been a heavy story, but she made it bright and happy. She even played the bickering scenes in a cute way, so I think my reactions were more fun.”

This is Lee Sang-yoon’s second time working with writer So Hyun-kyung, after the hit weekend drama My Daughter Seo-youngalongside Lee Bo-young. When asked about his chemistry with his costars, he said, “I think the dramas’ color was determined by them [Choi Ji-woo, Lee Bo-young]. The writer wrote the characters well, of course, but Seo-young and Nora were changed because of the way Lee Bo-young and Choi Ji-woo played them. I just worked hard to follow them; there was nothing else that I did.”

Apparently the writer didn’t initially consider Lee Sang-yoon for Twenty Again: “Writer So Hyun-kyung told me that she didn’t even consider offering me the role because she thought I wouldn’t do it — that I wouldn’t want to play an older character who reunites with his first love who has a 20-year-old son. But I would do any project if she wrote it, no matter what the role is. As long as it’s not a grandpa, if it’s within the scope of possibility, I want to do it.”

About the loveline in Twenty Again, he said, “The writer warned us that if we’re not careful, it’ll end up looking like Nora is having an affair. She entreated us to be careful even if Nora was divorced in practice, and asked us to portray it well. She said that we would be a hair’s breadth away from being unlikable, and we couldn’t be unlikable. She said, ‘If it feels like you like her as a woman, it’ll look like you’re trying to steal her away from her husband.’ She took great pains to make it so that this wouldn’t be the case, but could still have a man being good to a woman.”

He thought that the amount of skinship was appropriate given the story: “I think it was just right. If it had been any stronger or any milder, I think the audience would’ve said, ‘What?'”

I was interested to learn that there was a reason behind Cha Hyun-seok’s super prickly characterization that softened as the drama went on: “At first we had slightly different interpretations about the direction of the character. We only had a short time to prepare and went straight into production right after the script reading. The director and writer thought of the character in a different way than I had.”

“So you’ll see that in Episodes 1 and 2, Cha Hyun-seok is pricklier and more unrestrained, and then later he changed to become gentler on the outside, smiling when he talks, but very exact in his opinions. We also discussed at length whether he would be serious or bouncy. The person who took care of that was Choi Ji-woo sunbae. Her acting was bouncy and [Choi] Won-young hyung was funny, so that determined the overall color.”

When asked what he would do differently if he were 20 again, he said, “I want to play without regret.” As for his real-life first love? “I was extremely timid. I couldn’t even confess my feelings. Now I would be proactive and confess. I don’t do the push and pull very well but I don’t hide my feelings anymore. My personality changed when I began acting. I used to be afraid of expressing my feelings to someone else, but now I’ve become bold.”

He was asked what he gained from Twenty Again, and he said, “I gained young fans. And more than anything, I think I showed that I could play varied characters. I didn’t understand it before when actors would say, ‘I want to be an actor to live varied lives,’ but I came to understand that now. I am worried about gaining teenage fans though [which he says began with Liar Game]. I started getting young fans when I changed my hairstyle. When I wear my hair down I look younger, and my real age comes out when I put my hair up. I think they’ll look at me and say, ‘Why did he get so old?'” 

But he’s finding that there are upsides, as an actor: “As I get older, I think I learn more of the world than I knew before, and I’m better able to express the taste or depth of an emotion. It’s a small difference, but I think the audience feels it.”

His goal: “Aging well like an adult. It’s something I’m always thinking about in my 30s. I want to become someone who is appealing at my age as I continue to get older, who leaves a lasting impression.”

Edited by sin hoonsim
  • Like 3