MISS UNIVERSE 2009

Guest GoRgYnA

Guest GoRgYnA
im really disappointed with thailand , these few years their selection hasnt beeen the best ! I loved the one from 2005 when it was held in mexico , that MISS. THAILAND WAS GORGEOUS ! And im kinda stunned by japan's national costume , its really skanky.

Me too! Thailand was starting to become a powerhouse!

Lately, they've been sending the ridiculously gorgeous ones to Miss Earth. The first runner-up of last year and this year's Miss Thailand Universe Pageant who goes to Miss Earth were 10X prettier than the actual winner!

But it's also good, Thailand has been making the semifinals of Miss Earth since 2007 and I'm sure they will again this year : )

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GoRgYnA

The Girls are departing for the BAHAMAS!!!!!

Miss Paraguay at the Asuncion Airport

6212_109369927907_8368422907_2124322_489818_n.jpg

Miss France in Paris Airport

is_23476312-11811fa.jpg

is_23476388-1181278.jpg

Miss Thailand in Bangkok Airport

d2735c95c7.jpg

7830f9ae65.jpg

Holy crap, imagine almost all of the girls have this amount of luggage!

971bad63a9.jpg

The girls will arrive tomorrow until august 3!!!

Guest blank_blank_cuti3

WOW! Miss Vietnam is really really pretty this year! She definitely looks like she's mixed somehow, but still she's definitely one of my favorites! Miss Korea is just <__>...I know there are more pretty people than that...seriously?

Miss Japan is gorgeous!

Guest MISS`IN·DOM·I·TA·BLE

Miss Australia is very conventional pretty, I like her face. Absolutely gorgeous actually. I also really liked Ms. Italy, Egypt, Vietnam, and Guam.

Guest GoRgYnA

France Arrives!

France%20_arrival_1.jpg

"It's better in the Bahamas!"

It’s an exciting time here in The Bahamas, as we set to take on the role as host of the 2009 Miss Universe pageant – the smallest country ever to do so. There are 700 Islands of the Bahamas sprinkled over 100,000 square miles of ocean – the closest just 50 miles off the coast of Florida. The archipelago is an ecological oasis which boasts the clearest water on the planet—it’s been scientifically proven - with a visibility of over 200 feet. You can see your toes as easily as you can the world’s third largest barrier reef. The population is relatively small – there are approximately 330,000 people, and the pace is a comfortable, laid back ease. Bahamians are eager to show the world through the Miss Universe pageant why It’s Better in the Bahamas. While here during the next three weeks, the contestants will travel to several of our islands, visit historic sites and points of interest, and they will get to enjoy all of the cultural wealth that the Bahamas has to offer.

The excitement surrounding the Miss Universe pageant went up a notch with the arrival of the first contestant Thursday evening. Chloé Mortaud of France (photo left) stepped off the plane shortly after 10 p.m. She was greeted by Miss Bahamas Universe Kiara Sherman (photo below) officials from the Ministry of Tourism, protocol officers from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and a contingent of police officers. Chloé is very tall, elegant, and a natural beauty. She seemed very down to earth and friendly, and she took the home number of Miss Bahamas who isn’t scheduled to check into the hotel until early next week. The first thing she said was how excited she is to be in the Bahamas because she always wanted to come here. Chloé was very impressed with the warm welcome she received, remarking that the people are so friendly. After a brief stay in the Lynden Pindling International Airport’s VIP lounge, she was whisked off to the Atlantis Paradise Island Resort in a limousine, led by police outriders.

Two more contestants are scheduled to arrive today – Miss Albania and Miss Kosovo. They will be flying in this afternoon with Miss Universe fashion photographer Fadil Berisha who will spend about five days here taking the officials photos of the contestants for the Miss Universe website. Fadil, who is a good friend of mine and who also works with the Miss Albania and Miss Kosovo organizations, told me that both girls are stunners and that Miss Kosovo is in high demand in Europe as a model. After seeing their pre-arrival pics, I can’t wait to see them in person! It will also be good to see Fadil again. I’m hoping he can squeeze a few minutes out of his schedule so that we can meet. Who knows, maybe I’ll get to meet Misses Albania and Kosovo as well!

France_arrival_2.jpg

Guest AS1AND0LL

They are always gorgeous!

I like Miss Mexico and Miss Columbia!

But I swear it's like every year Venezuela is always in the running to win imo

Guest xladyynguyen
will we be able to watch this on tv ? like on abc or som :ph34r: ?

It will be live on August 23rd at 9 PM on NBC

Guest Stolen_waters

No offense, but I don't think Miss Japan is pretty at all, but I agree with the others that she has a lot of charisma.

(The attractive, but not pretty thing)

Miss Germany too.

Is Ms. France half-African American? She looks really pretty.

I think Ms Vietnam (the more I see pics of her, the more I think she's not pretty), Ms Philippines, and Ms. India are gorgeous too.

I'm quite shocked at Ms. Japan's national costume. It's pretty, but the lower part is...uhhhh...not for Ms. Universe. :P

Ms Italy and Ms Australia's costumes are BORING.

LOL @ Ms Singapore's scandalous pictures. She was just partying...I don't see anything wrong with that.

She wasn't posing nude or doing p0rn.

Btw, when I was searching for national costumes on google, and I stumbled upon Ms. Gay Universe. LOL

I was shocked, though, that the guys girls were not bad-looking, and their national costumes were gorgeous.

V

yeah, I read about that too, but I think she'll be wearing something else, like shorts, for the bottom part at the pageant itself.

I love watching the national costume segment of the show 'cause I LOOOVE seeing Asian costumes. They're usually very unique and absolutely breath-taking. I feel a bit bad for countries such as the US and Australia though 'cause sometimes their costumes look like something you can just get at Target.

^ There is actually a lot of controversy in Japan right now about her national costume. Her national costume made Yahoo! JP headlines : http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20090729-00000003-jct-ent (to whoever can understand & read japanese)

Here's some comments about the national costume.

In this year, terrible insulting will be made to Japanese culture, religious and tradition. I never thought I would see

Emiri Miyasaka in such a nasty costume. She doesn't represent Japanese beauty at all.

Ms. Miyasaka decided to wear very ugly national costume which insulted Japanese tradition and culture. She is showing her underwear on her national costume....

Many Japanese don't want her to get victory anymore.

If you had the slightest dignity as a Japanese, you would have refused to wear this costume.

宮坂さん、もしあなたに良心と羞恥心があるならば、辞退を考えることをお進めします。下着とガーターベルト股をひらき奥ゆかしさ??日本女性の代表なのですか?

There're few Japanese who wish Emiri's victory.

The majority of the Japanese public, especially Japanese women feel betrayed by this outfit and are outraged. Some are crying. She wearing like a prostitute is an insult to our culture and history and the people which the contestant represents, and also to the kimono artisans.

私は恥ずかしい。そして悔しい。

どうか、世界の方々よ、これを日本と思わないで欲しい。

Archived