MISS UNIVERSE 2009

Guest GoRgYnA

Guest GoRgYnA

^^I just think it's hypocritical you to say that Australia deserves to win because she's natural and put down the other women when Australia isn't natural. Even if it's not the face, she got ps, she's fake. Saying that getting her boobs doesn't count does not erase the fact that just like those latin women, she enhanced herself too. I know people who have breast aug. ,and her chest from the side looks just like theirs.

hm, i don't think i said australia deserves to win because she's natural, i said she's my miss universe right now.. but not that she 'deserves' to win. DR is fake yet i have her in my top 5 and i said she's the one to beat.. and just because i told the truth about some of these women as having plastic surgery isn't necessarily putting them down, i wouldn't have them in my 15 if my purpose was to put them down : O

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest she-smiles

south american contestants are usually very gorgeous, and at least one country would always make it to the top 5.

i'm not too intrigued with this year's south american contestants however. their photos don't stand out to me.

butttt it's just one photo, so i shouldn't jump to conclusion yet. :P

i can't wait for the pageant!

Guest jeannguyen

I think miss japan is overrated. shes look diff/realli plain without makeup..

While the other asians look alright w/o makeup.

Guest winged_monster

hm, i don't think i said australia deserves to win because she's natural, i said she's my miss universe right now.. but not that she 'deserves' to win. DR is fake yet i have her in my top 5 and i said she's the one to beat.. and just because i told the truth about some of these women as having plastic surgery isn't necessarily putting them down, i wouldn't have them in my 15 if my purpose was to put them down : O

Australia is my MISS UNIVERSE right now. Hopefully she won't disappoint. I really want a natural Miss Universe this year.

here you said that being natural is the reason why you want Australia to win. And yes, when you call them manufactured and fake, the connotation implies that someone made them that way and they didn't work to get the crown. So even when you do say that they're in your top 15 to win, you're saying they did so because other people got them there or they didn't get there by their own merit. You said DR is the one to beat, but that doesn't mean that you do like her, you just think she'll win. I just think that its wrong to put someone on a pedestal like you did with Australia because of her "naturalness"(note: not even natural). Why should miss universe be natural? That's basically saying that women who have gone through plastic surgery don't deserve to be appreciated even though they have more to offer than their looks. For some of these girls, it's their dream to become miss universe. They weren't born with the typical face of beauty queen but didn't let that stop them. They shouldn't have to give up just because of their looks.

But it doesn't matter how these women got their looks because you won't be judging them.

And you're right,jeannguyen, look at Vietnam without make up. She looks so much better without all the contacts and make up.

Guest dori dori

lol these r my comments while looking thru the pics

colombia seems rly pretty..she almost looks european..

china is cute

great britain looks gorgeous redhead

WTF KOREA!?!?

guam is cute

australia looks good overall like she looks natural and genuine. good 'immool' as koreans would say lol

greece very sex/sultry looking

wow usa looks so typical nothing special

Guest 可愛い

australia is just straight up 100% naturally gorgeous. she's not packed on with makeup & hair weaves. her boobs are even real.

i hope she places top 3.

Guest GoRgYnA

here you said that being natural is the reason why you want Australia to win. And yes, when you call them manufactured and fake, the connotation implies that someone made them that way and they didn't work to get the crown. So even when you do say that they're in your top 15 to win, you're saying they did so because other people got them there or they didn't get there by their own merit. You said DR is the one to beat, but that doesn't mean that you do like her, you just think she'll win. I just think that its wrong to put someone on a pedestal like you did with Australia because of her "naturalness"(note: not even natural). Why should miss universe be natural? That's basically saying that women who have gone through plastic surgery don't deserve to be appreciated even though they have more to offer than their looks. For some of these girls, it's their dream to become miss universe. They weren't born with the typical face of beauty queen but didn't let that stop them. They shouldn't have to give up just because of their looks.

But it doesn't matter how these women got their looks because you won't be judging them.

And you're right,jeannguyen, look at Vietnam without make up. She looks so much better without all the contacts and make up.

See there you again putting words in my mouth. If you're an avid pageant fan you would know that just because we label girls as manufactured and fake, it definitely DOES NOT MEAN they did not work hard because honestly these are the girls that worked the hardest. What I simply meant from that was that they are the typical pageant patty girls and I simply wanted someone to win that is not from that mold and is more refreshing a la Jennifer Hawkins. And in Pageants, manufactured does not always mean plastic surgery, it's the overall training from they way they walk to the way they present themselves. Examine ALL the Miss Puerto Rico's and Miss Venezuela's in the past and see how they all acted during competition time, except Mariangel Ruiz from 2003 (miss venezuela, 1st runner-up in miss universe) who was so refreshing... and that got her into trouble by Osmel Suosa because she wouldn't follow what Osmel told her. On the final night, she wore her hair down instead of a bun, she wore a red dress instead of the typical white dresses that Venezuelan delegates wear every single year.

And Rachel's boobs may or may not be fake but I still like her because she's not manufactured (here i go using that word again, hahaha, and no i don't mean manufactured as the other girls not making it by their own merit) and it'd be nice to follow around a different type of Miss Universe. I noticed that the most untypical pageant girls are the most fun to follow all year long.

But it's too early to tell, who knows, Rachel could arrive in the Bahamas and turn into a pageant patty while Venezuela would follow suit Mariangel Ruiz and super refreshing.. time will tell. The girls arrive in the Bahamas soon! Can't wait!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And oooh just wanted to share a vintage photo

53de.jpg

Times have changed so much lol

Guest a_rdi88

cos im from Indonesia, i''ll vote candidat from my country..

this is her pretty pics,

2767650886_7299537cd4.jpg

other from Indonesia, i'm rooting for Vietnam, Mexico, and Australia..

Guest Ryushasha

Colombia, Japan, Malaysia, Venezuela and Vietnam <3

No offense but I think Ms Korea looks the worst.

Guest winged_monster

See there you again putting words in my mouth. If you're an avid pageant fan you would know that just because we label girls as manufactured and fake, it definitely DOES NOT MEAN they did not work hard because honestly these are the girls that worked the hardest. What I simply meant from that was that they are the typical pageant patty girls and I simply wanted someone to win that is not from that mold and is more refreshing a la Jennifer Hawkins. And in Pageants, manufactured does not always mean plastic surgery, it's the overall training from they way they walk to the way they present themselves. Examine ALL the Miss Puerto Rico's and Miss Venezuela's in the past and see how they all acted during competition time, except Mariangel Ruiz from 2003 (miss venezuela, 1st runner-up in miss universe) who was so refreshing... and that got her into trouble by Osmel Suosa because she wouldn't follow what Osmel told her. On the final night, she wore her hair down instead of a bun, she wore a red dress instead of the typical white dresses that Venezuelan delegates wear every single year.

And Rachel's boobs may or may not be fake but I still like her because she's not manufactured (here i go using that word again, hahaha, and no i don't mean manufactured as the other girls not making it by their own merit) and it'd be nice to follow around a different type of Miss Universe. I noticed that the most untypical pageant girls are the most fun to follow all year long.

But it's too early to tell, who knows, Rachel could arrive in the Bahamas and turn into a pageant patty while Venezuela would follow suit Mariangel Ruiz and super refreshing.. time will tell. The girls arrive in the Bahamas soon! Can't wait!

You say I'm putting words into you mouth, but manufactured does mean to be made; fake does mean not genuine, a forgery or a sham. That's simply the dictionary definition of the words you used to describe these women. So I didn't put words into your mouth. Now, you're changing the topic from natural features to natural personality, when we were never talking about that in the first place. Yes, manufactured can mean walks, clothing choice etc., but when we started ,it was about how many lip injections and surgeries a contestant had.

Guest hushed_secrets

The picture entered for Korea this year isn't very flattering, but the girl herself is actually really pretty. Personally, I think she looks way prettier than Honey Lee in a cheatah print bikini.

I'll edit with a pic of the winner later.

200906180121051B.jpg

200906241141521B.jpg

If you get a clear look at her face, she's a real beauty. <3

Columbia's looking good.

Australia & Russia are pretty too.

& wow..Greece!

Vietnam is pretty too.

Ahh so many pretty girls <3

Guest GoRgYnA

You say I'm putting words into you mouth, but manufactured does mean to be made; fake does mean not genuine, a forgery or a sham. That's simply the dictionary definition of the words you used to describe these women. So I didn't put words into your mouth. Now, you're changing the topic from natural features to natural personality, when we were never talking about that in the first place. Yes, manufactured can mean walks, clothing choice etc., but when we started ,it was about how many lip injections and surgeries a contestant had.

Yea but I meant them as two separate things. And i'm not using the dictionary definition, i'm using pageant vocab lol. For example, Lara Dutta was a manufactured queen (but she is all natural physical wise). But point is I never said that they don't deserve to win or didn't work hard for it. I just simply think manufactured beauty queens are usually not as exciting.

I guess I should elaborate more, because when I post this on pageant forums, they immediately know exactly what I mean.

Guest Hongki.love

Wow so many beautiful women.

The representative for Korea looks strange in her picture. I wish they used a better one.

Guest anjuu62

LOL miss singapore pictures.. she already has quite a negative reputation for being associated with dawn yang, as well as her numerous 'procedures' lol

Archived