[drama2009] Dream 드림

Guest sayroo

Guest iceanger

Haha i think the 'jessica' in the show is quite ugly. I dont know why they kept referring to her as a beauty LOL. She looks like a man! They should have gotten someone more sophisticated :(

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ismahane

No preview for episode 7? No spoilers? I'm dying to know what will happen at the match..

I guess this will be my Kim Bum's oppurtunity even if he doen't win, right? ^_^

I started watching this drama yesterday..All episodes at once and i found it addictive..

I wonder wy the ratings are so low?

Ok, i admit historical dramas are the best (like Queen Seon Duk) but where did Kim bum's and Son Dambi's fans go?

I tought they were very popular!

KIM BUM FAINTS ON SET OF "DREAM"

kimbum_20090814.jpg

Not to worry, he’s fine now.

Actor Kim Bum fainted on the set of his latest drama “Dream” during a day of filming at Il-san Lake Park.

Kim Bum’s manager credits the actors fainting to the rigorous shooting schedule for the drama. According to the actor’s manager, Kim Bum worked into the wee hours of the night on August 8th. The next day, the already sleep deprived actor filmed for hours in the scorching sun, causing him to momentarily pass out.

Kim Bum wasn’t out of commission for very long. After taking a brief rest, the actor continued filming. He is reportedly doing fine now.

Looks like Kim Bum is putting his all into his first leading role. With all the action on set, let’s hope no more accidents occur. We would hate for anything to happen to that pretty little face of his.

Source : popseoul

http://popseoul.com/2009/08/14/kim-bum-fai...eam/#more-61891

Guest dori dori

I love love love Kim Bum's character in this drama.

And I love it when he gets so googley eyed when Son dambi talks to him ahahah

Guest starlight5

The Fangirl twins were completely absent from Episode 6, which is weird because before the drama started they said the one who asked her dad to sponsor Jang Suk would be a major love interest and see Soyeon as her rival.

I swear, I wouldn't mind if Soyeon ended up with Jae Il instead of Jang Suk, but if they pair them up AND pair Jang Suk up with that girl in the end for the sake of a Korean love triangle to resolve itself, I'll stand under a chandelier for it to fall on my head. >_<

Guest sondambifan

iceanger, I somewhat agree with you. I don't think she is "beautiful" but she is somewhat "statuesque." I wonder if this not a case of gender stereotyping...a professional woman has to be "masculine" looking in order to be powerful. I don't say this to criticize that producers but rather that a Korean audience may have a hard time believing the character otherwise.

Ismahane...the ratings thing has puzzled me a bit since (at least for me) it has nothing to do with the quality of the show. Obviously, the dominance by Queen is a big factor...people are creatures of habit and they tend to stay with what they have been watching and will only change if it becomes really bad. Dream started when Queen was already 20 episodes in and notching up 30+ ratings.

Another factor could be the audience of the Queen being older and thus have control over the TV. Fans of Dambi and KB may be younger and thus 1) will not win the battle of the remote or 2) are content to watching the two later online. It may also be that the "Dambi's acting debut" card was overplayed. I would guess that many wrote off the show because they did not think that Dambi or KB would be any good.

We will see what happens this week...hopefully people give the drama a chance and fall in love with it.

starlight5...I hope they don't go to a cliche ending either. Although I think that SY will end up with JI, I like how the drama shows what each JI and JS has something to offer SY. JI is mature, sophisticate, and stable while JS is innocent, full of heart, and fearless. SY may go with JI because they are both tough and mature but may also go with JS because he has all the features/characteristics that she could not show.

Guest starlight5

I think it's too cliche with the pairing as Mature Man (Jae Il) + Mature Woman (So Yeon) and Immature Boy (Jang Suk) + Immature Girl (Fangirl Twin #1). :lol: I think Jang Suk would be able to help So Yeon loosen up and like laugh out loud once in a while instead of it all being training and business. The PD's definitely another candidate because of that scene where she wraps up Jae Il's hand. They could have easily made So Yeon do it, but chose her to do this intimate deed instead.

Guest Ismahane

sondambifan

Fans of Dambi and KB may be younger and thus 1) will not win the battle of the remote

This, i agree with you :(

or 2) are content to watching the two later online.

I remmember this is what happened with the drama "Goong S" the ratings were low but it was the most re-watched drama online..I hope Dream's ratings will catch up, otherwise i don't mind if it's only popular online ^_^

I would guess that many wrote off the show because they did not think that Dambi or KB would be any good.

I don't think so, at least for me..when i heard Kim Bum has a new drama i wanted to watch it so bad..

His acting is good but i think Dambi doesn't belong in emotional scenes, when she's angry she cannot express the feelings very well (sorry, i know you're a big fan!)

Guest sondambifan

I don't think so, at least for me..when i heard Kim Bum has a new drama i wanted to watch it so bad..

His acting is good but i think Dambi doesn't belong in emotional scenes, when she's angry she cannot express the feelings very well (sorry, i know you're a big fan!)

It's cool :D I agree with you about some of the more emotional scenes involving Dambi (worst was probably the crying scene after confronting D-P) However, I think she has done pretty good overall and is getting better. Just my opinion :D

I agree. Dambi's crying scene didn't really convince me. But other than that I think she's doing good job in her role. And because I think she has quite broad shoulders... she fits to this kind of athletic role. x)

At this point I have a feeling that SY and JS will end up together but I secretly hope it will be SY and JI.

Guest mayadee666

At this point I have a feeling that SY and JS will end up together but I secretly hope it will be SY and JI.

Isn't the main character always get the girl instead of the second lead character? Well, personally I think SY will end up with JI after all. At least that's what I heard and usually the end of K-drama love triangle always ends like that.

Most of peoples here are more into SY-JS couple, well it's still kinda awry for me that they're being paired together. Not that I'm a biased also because I'm a soeulmates couple shipper. But it's just JI seems perfectly fit with SY character. JI is a tough, mature and well...more experience than JS though. I think SY needs man like JI, they would be a perfect couple in life.

As for JS, I think he just have to remains as a single guy for life....LOL :P YES, because I don't really like his fangirl either, she irked me a lot. <_<

Guest starlight5

Most of peoples here are more into SY-JS couple, well it's still kinda awry for me that they're being paired together. Not that I'm a biased also because I'm a soeulmates couple shipper. But it's just JI seems perfectly fit with SY character. JI is a tough, mature and well...more experience than JS though. I think SY needs man like JI, they would be a perfect couple in life.

As for JS, I think he just have to remains as a single guy for life....LOL :P YES, because I don't really like his fangirl either, she irked me a lot. <_<

LOL, being Soeulmate shipper is exactly one of the points where alot of the bias against the pairing comes from. :P Arrows in other dramas usually always point to the two main leads getting together, but don't forget that the PD is also a major character and has a fair amount of sexual tension in her scenes with JI. However, since there's so much of JI/SY scenes in Ep 6, they'll probably make it JS/SY for the next. IMO, so far both sides are fairly equally contributed.

But yeah, even if SY ends up with JI, I don't want JS to go with the fangirl just for the sake of it. >.<

Guest lucky_moon

I agree. Dambi's crying scene didn't really convince me. But other than that I think she's doing good job in her role. And because I think she has quite broad shoulders... she fits to this kind of athletic role. x)

I agree with you about SD, i think she still do a pretty good job on acting & didn't even give me a feeling that it's her first time acting :) as for the love triangle that what I assume will happen I want SY to be with JI & JS to continue achieving his dream as a boxer; I'm JI & SY shipper :D

Guest babyblues7

I am a JI-SY shipper too!

Hahah but Bum's impish grin... and how determined he looked when he say he will be the first and last man in SY's life... is just too cute. (:

cbanner-dream.jpg

BROUGHT TO YOU BY WITH S2

WRITTEN IN THE HEAVENS SUBBING SQUAD

EPISODE 3 SUBTITLES

CREDITS:

Main Translator: ripgal

Spot Translator: meju

Timer: wichitawx

Editor/QC: NikieNana

Final QC: ay_link

Coordinators: mily2, ay_link

EPISODE 4 SUBTITLES

CREDITS:

Main Translator: krayfi

Spot Translators: purpletiger86, meju

Timer: wichitawx

Editor/QC: sayroo

Coordinators: mily2, ay_link

*Follow-us on Twitter for live updates! ^^

All subtitles will be released first on our site

Guest starlight5

Hey, but if you watch her in WGM, she doesn't really lash out when she's angry, she kinda just calmly scolded Marco, so I think the way she expresses anger in Dream is realistic to her own personality. :)

I honestly cannot imagine her screaming her head off anyway, even in real life.

Guest Ismahane

Hey, but if you watch her in WGM, she doesn't really lash out when she's angry, she kinda just calmly scolded Marco, so I think the way she expresses anger in Dream is realistic to her own personality. :)

I honestly cannot imagine her screaming her head off anyway, even in real life.

I meant the crying scenes :) Like when she confronted GP..It wasn't good at all.. :(

Guest AudreyW

After KB said that Son Dambi was like the mother he dreams with, it's so obvious they won't end together, what's sad to me =/ I like them.

Hope KB won't stay with the twin girl. <_<

Guest starlight5

After KB said that Son Dambi was like the mother he dreams with, it's so obvious they won't end together, what's sad to me =/ I like them.

Hope KB won't stay with the twin girl. <_<

For the sake of argument, he didn't say she was like a mother, he said he liked her because behind the tough exterior she was a very kind person, just like his mother.

Btw, is the uncle having an affair?! The first time I saw the woman he met up with in the park, I just thought it was the wife with makeup on, but it wasn't!! :blink:

Archived