[drama 2010] ++ Je Jung Won ++ 제중원 ++

Guest kangki

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest amara1430269879

hi every one first of all thanx alot for the episodes & the articles

its really grt to be part of this thread :)

at first i thought that i will see this drama only for han since i love her but after saw jejoongwon oh

im so houcked on the drama ..

really this drama has it all i want be suprised if its a hit all the way cuz it deserve to be hit :)

jejoongwon aja aja fighting ..

Masaya..nice photoshop and also i like ur signature.

im also finding pictures to photoshop..any preferance? :)

cant wait for tonight episode..hope it will do well for the rating. :)

Masaya..nice photoshop and also i like ur signature.

im also finding pictures to photoshop..any preferance? :)

cant wait for tonight episode..hope it will do well for the rating. :)

Thanks mate. I used my screencaps. I actually like the distant view when they were walking on the little rocks but then I can't see their faces. There's something about the color of their hanbok and the surrounding that look really lovely. I see plenty possible ones for Seok Ran you can choose. I really like her image in these outfits.

I hope they did well in the rating as well. I'm up early stalking the thread for the new ep. :D

Saw ep 5 raw. This is watching it raw summary. The ep is really good and of course it would be great if I could understand the discussion. Ep 6 preview looks even better. Anyways, here's the summary (for spamming purpose. Sometimes it feels like pulling teeth. This thread need some love. ^_-)

Do Yang started beating and choking Hwang Jung. Everyone else tried to stop him. Allen told him to stop and said something. Do Yang let go of Hwang Jung. The result was Do Yang asked his people to tie up Hwang Jung and co and locked them up in the storage room. Seok Ran tried to stop Do Yang with no avail. She made an attempt to talk to him (from outside the room) as he was sitting beside his dad's body but he did not answer. Seok Ran thought about something then went to the storage room and convinced Hwang Jung to run away. Hwang Jung hesitated as it seemed he was blaming himself for the death of Do Yang's father. Meanwhile, Do Yang's uncle was leading the cops/the police/ the whatever you call them to Seok Ran's house to take Hwang Jung. As they came, Do Yang lead them to the storage room and found it empty. Seok Ran lead Hwang Jung and co to the back door somewhere for the great escape and gave him a charm? which he hesitated to take. His friend took it and dragged him away.

Do Yang saw Seok Ran and they exchanged some words and it didn't look very friendly. I guess Seok Ran defended Hwang Jung or something. At this time, they showed back in the palace some Ming? troops came and attacked the Japanese. As a result, Watanabe and co had to box up the official who supported them in order to escape. Next scene, Seok Ran's father lectured Seok Ran on her helping Hwang Jung escape. After that, she talked briefly to Allen. Maybe Allen told her that the death of Do Yang's father had nothing to do with Hwang Jung. Back to Hwang Jung and co, they were on their way to the port. They discussed about something and Hwang Jung looked at the charm. When they reached the port, his friend jumped into the boat but he didn't. As the boat moved away, Hwang Jung did not budge. He let his friend yelled out to him as the boat moved further away in the distance. He ran back to the bookstore where he sold the stolen books for money and asked the owner for some medical books I guess. Meanwhile, Do Yang and uncle and co were preparing for his dad's funeral. His uncle gave Seok Ran's father some heat.

Back to the bookstore, Hwang Jung was reading medical books intensely. He spent the whole night reading then he realized something. He sneaked back to Seok Ran's house to meet her. They quickly went into something storage room. Maybe Hwang Jung said that it was his fault since he found out he screwed up in the procedures and stuff. Then Seok Ran told him something about what Allen told her. In the meantime, Do Yang met up with captain mustache and they exchanged some words. Captain mustache seemed shocked and appalled but didn't seem to know who Hwang Jung was (or something.) At this time Hwang Jung was sneaking around Allen's property and tried to talk to him. I think he blamed himself for what happened but then Allen told him it wasn't his fault. Hwang Jung then begged Allen to teach him to become a doctor but Allen refused. Suddenly, somebody from the inside the house yelled out something. Allen ran back inside to attend the Queen's nephew. He gave the guy some liquid/wine or whatever that was? and told Hwang Jung the dosage per time frame. Hwang Jung then tended to the Queen's nephew. When it was time for another dose, Hwang Jung tried to wake Allen up but he wouldn't wake up. He ended up feeding the Queen's nephew 3 spoons of the liquid shtuff. The nephew dude seemed to enjoy the taste and asked for more but Hwang Jung refused. Royal dude threatened Hwang Jung and possibly used status. Hwang Jung refused to budge and stood his ground as what Allen instructed him. Allen all this time already woke up and was observing Hwang Jung's reaction. The discussion between royal dude and Hwang Jung ended with Hwang Jung moving the bottle away, Allen closed his eyes and slept again. He felt at east that Hwang Jung could take care of the rest. During the night Hwang Jung wait for the exact time and gave the guy the right dosage. In the morning, Allen thanked him for his help. Hwang Jung bowed and walked out. As he left the house, Allen came out and called him. I think Allen agreed to take Hwang Jung under his wing. Hwang Jung was very thankful, very happy, so much so he broke down crying like a baby. Allen understood how much this meant for Hwang Jung so Allen gave him a hug. Both men shared a warm hug, a lot of tears from Hwang Jung, and some swinging around.

Next scene, Hwang Jung came back and met Seok Ran to tell her the good news. She felt happy for him. At Allen's place, royal nephew's mouth got pulled on one side. Hwang Jung checked the bottle and founded that it was empty. Royal nephew probably finished the whole thing. Allen told royal nephew not to worry because he could fix that later or something. Royal nephew then left Allen's place after telling them something and gave both of them 2 cards.

At Allen's place, Allen was showing Hwang Jung some instrument that produced electricity. Hwang Jung curiously touched the instrument and it gave him some shock. Allen explained that it was something like thunder and lightning. Back to the palace, royal nephew was talking to King and Queen and mentioned how he was cured by Allen. I think the nephew proposed something (possibly opening a hospital for Allen if I am to guess.) Next scene, Allen had Hwang Jung electrically shocked royal nephew in the face. After 2 tries, his face came back to normal and he thanked Allen and Hwang Jung. Shortly after, royal nephew talked to Do Yang and possibly mentioned Hwang Jung. Do Yang looked perplex. He then burned the outfit he was wearing for his dad's funeral.

Meanwhile, Allen and Hwang Jung came to Seok Ran's house. Allen told Hwang Jung to yell out to them so they would come and open the door. Hwang Jung started out softly. Allen told him to yell louder and louder to show great confidence. Hwang Jung was after all a doctor's apprentice. They came into the house and talked to Seok Ran's father for a while. Meanwhile, Hwang Jung's friend was out in the market place giving out fortune reading to some rich lady. Next scene, Do Yang and captain mustache were discussing something or maybe cooking up some evil plot or something.

Guest hot_saranghae

To show my enthusiasm for the series....I think Imma start recapping the series^^

but I'm not superly fluent in Korean, so please excuse me in advance....I just thought I might be able to compliment Masaya's recaps and bring more joy to all Jejoongwon fans^^

EPISODE 5

Part 1:

Do Yang is furious at HwangJong and insists that HJ had killed his father. DY kept punching HJ and said:

"You should've waited no matter how urgent it was. I know how to administer medicines too. But the reason I insisted on calling a doctor, was because I'm not a doctor myself."

Dr. Allen tried to stop the furious DY and told him that his father didn't die because of HJ's operation. He commended the good operation, but said that DY's father had lost too much blood. ( it was too late because the patient was too old)

DY's anger subsided a little and refrained himself from killing HJ, but he wants to hand HJ to the police.

HJ and his friend were imprisoned.

SeokRan wants to talk and defend HJ, but she's stopped by her mother. Locked inside a room, HJ's friend cries of the injustice that has befallen them.

Meanwhile, DY is in deep grief as he stares at his father's body. He ignores SR who wants to talk to him.

Locked in a room, HJ feels guilty for causing DY's father's demise.

Back in her room, SR worries that the police are going to catch HJ. Her maid said that since she's even rescued his life with difficulties, his life won't end just like that.

SR is still worried, so she stormed out of her room to rescue HJ.

In the locked room, HJ's friend kept trying to free himself. HJ said that he really wanted to rescue DY's father. Eventhough he hated DY, but he really wanted to save DY's father. Somehow he reminded him of his mother. He laments that his mother could've been saved if someone gave her treatment faster.

Just at that time, SR came into the room. She asks them to leave, but HJ refuses. HJ insists that he might've made a mistake. But SR told him:

"That's exactly why you have to live on and find out that mistake. So that if there's another instance like this, you can save that person's life."

SR also threatens to reveal that she helped the operation.

Feeling encouraged (and threatened) by SR's words, HJ finally decided to leave.

Soon after, DY arrives with the police officers, but HJ and his friend were already gone.

SR lead HJ and his friend out of the premise and she bumped into DY as she was getting in again. They exchanged heated words with SR basically saying that HJ shouldn't be punished for doing something good.

DY: .....but you can't do that with medicine, because it's something that involves human lives.

SR: your thoughts are too extreme.

DY: too extreme? Are you more worried about him than my father? Are you worried about what I"m going to do to that guy?

Right now.....I....just lost my father.

(t/n: I loved this convo...bcuz I also personally think that HJ was wrong to play with human lives like that)

And then on with the tumult in the palace. The Japanese were finally defeated by the Chinese.

At home, SR got chided by his father for helping HJ escape. He said that he could've helped and by running away, SR has made HJ's situation worse. For her punishment, she's to reflect her actions in her room, not allowed to go out.

When Allen visited later, he explained that he has immunity against Korean law under a foreign treaty law. (If he had operated, he wouldn't have been punished even when DY's father pass away)

Meanwhile, HJ and his friend are on their way to escape. His friend keeps on complaining that HJ has been weird eversince he got shot. He also commented on HJ's closeness to SR. They're about to get on a boat, but HJ is reminded of SR's words about finding out his mistakes. So HJ decided not to get on the boat.

Instead, he rushed to a bookstore where he sold some western medicine books before. Lucky for him, the bookstore owner hasn't sold the books yet, so HJ set out to read them.

In another scene, we're shown DY's father's funeral processions. SR's father came to offer his condolescence. DY is still friendly but his uncle is very angry.

SR's father: This all happened because of my short-comings. Please forgive me.

DY: No. It's not SR's fault. But it was a pity I was not there. And I can't forgive that Hwang's actions while I was gone.

Meanwhile HJ kept reading the books and read something about patient's losing a lot of blood. Apparently when someone loses a lot of blood, giving them sedatives will bring down their blood-pressure further. With this knowledge he ran to meet SR who's being followed by her maid everywhere as part of her punishment.

While her maid went to the toilet, HJ sneaked in and had some conversation with SR.

HJ explains that he might have killed DY's father by administering sedatives and making his blood pressure further. However, SR thinks that HJ should find Dr. Allen to find out the real truth.

HJ: If it really was my mistake, I'll go and turn myself in.

SR: if it's not your fault?

HJ: If it's not my fault.....just like what you said, I want to save people's life.

But HJ still worries about his situation. SR finally said that if HJ really didn't make a mistake, he can seek to be Dr. Allen's assistant. That way, Dr. Allen can protect him under his immunity against Korean law.

At another place, DY calls his lackey from the police force. DY wants his subordinate to find someone. He also added that the person's name is HJ and that HJ has killed his father. The officer vouched to kill HJ with his own hand, but after hearing DY's description of HJ who was found with shot wounds by SR, the officer realized who HJ was.

HJ's friend came back and met HJ's father. While they are chit-chatting, the officer watches over them with eagle eyes.

---

Guest hot_saranghae

PART 2:

HJ finally found Dr. Allen. He explained carefully of what he really have done during the operation and asks wether or not he has made a mistake. But according to Allen, once someone loses a lot of blood and the blood pressure gets to a certain point, the pressure won't go down anymore.

Allen: Not everyone is saved by an operation. There's no such thing as a save operation.

HJ: not everyone is saved? No save operation?

Allen: If I were you, I would've operated on him too, but I, too, wouldn't have been able to save him. It's not your fault.

hearing this confirmation, HJ kept on making Allen repeat his words. And then HJ got down on his knees and begs Allen to take him as his assistant. Allen refuses. Although HJ has the talent, Allen is worried about what HJ would do when he's not there. If something like that happens again, Allen would be held responsible and might not be able to stay in Korea.

At this point, someone called for Allen from the house. Turns out, the Queen's nephew is in critical condition as the room was too cold. Allen gave the Queen's nephew a few spoons of alcohol to warm his body up. HJ came in to help and accepted instruction to give the person only 3 spoons of alcohol.

As the time came to give alcohol, Allen was fast asleep, so HJ gave the Queen's nephew the instructed amount of alcohol himself. However, the patient kept asking for more, even going as far as threatening him. HJ was firm and gave only 3 spoons. Allen watched all this while pretending to be asleep.

As morning came, Allen thanks HJ for his help. As HJ was about to leave, Allen finally chased after him and agrees to take HJ as his assistant.

Allen: If there are nobles and commoners in front of you. Who would you help?

HJ: the one who's more in pain.

Allen: and if there are good people and bad people?

HJ: of course the one who's more in pain.

Allen: Good. My only condition is that you can never turn away a patient. That's the beginning and the end of a doctor.

Both got caught up in emotion and hugged. HJ then went on to tell SR the good news.

Meanwhile the Queen's nephew has gotten much better, but his face is slightly distorted because of the alcohol. He was worried, but Allen told him that it can be treated.

As the Queen's nephew is leaving, he told Allen that he'll be accepting treatment from his own house from now on. But Allen told him that everyone has to come to his house for treatment from now on. Apparently Allen wants to open a clinic in his own house. Understanding this, the Queen's nephew walked away after giving his name card to Allen and HJ. Somehow you can use the name card to buy all sorts of things in the market and even seek a gisaeng's companion.

When the Queen's nephew left, HJ asks Allen how he an treat the Queen's nephew's face. Allen explains and shows HJ a small electric device. It's funny how HJ refers to the divice as ELELE (electricity is a hard word for him...LOL) and he thought the the machine contains a thunder.....LOL...

Meanwhile at the palace, the Queen's nephew had some tea with the King and Queen. The king seems interested in learning more about the Western medicine that had saved the nephew. The nephew told him that Allen is opening a clinic, so that he can visit the place one it starts running.

Soon afterwards, the nephew goes through the "electric" treatment, complaining a little along the way, but was very satisfies when his face was "fixed".

As he was leaving, he informs Allen that the king will come to visit the clinic soon.

Afterwards, the nephew went to offer his condolescence to DY. He offers to get DY back to the eastern medicine school, but DY refuses and said that he has no lingering feeling for that school anymore. And then the nephew went on to tell him of Allen's plan of opening a clinic. He also informs DY that Allen has a Korean assistant by the name of Hwang.

This, of course infuriates DY who then proceeded to burn his mourning clothes.

The scene then shifts back to Allen and HJ. HJ is still not used to everything, but Allen wants him to act like his assistant and starts announcing his presence in front of SR's door. Allen made HJ repeat the announcement until it was loud enough.

Apparently they are there to ask SR's father's help to collect some medicines for Allen's clinic.

We see more comic relief as HJ's friend ventures to be a fortune teller. He got bashed up for bad fortune telling, but coincidentally foretells that HJ is at SR's house. (North direction)

The last scene brings us to DY and his officer again. DY is angry at the present situation and wonders what his subordinates has been up to while HJ managed to get into Allen's protection.

Officer: Should I kill him quietly?

DY: No. We can kill him off anytime. I have to find out what kind of person he is. I have too much curiosity to get rid of him now.

---

WOAH....that took a long time....hahahaha....I hope everyone enjoys it....if there's any other details that anyone wants to know, feel free to ask....but I might not know the answer either....hahahahaha

I LOVE Yeon JungHoon btw^^

somehow I'm rooting for DY and SR....but doesn't look like that's gonna happen....T-T

hot_saranghae, thanks for the detailed REAL summary. I often just summarize for spamming purpose and never got the events correctly. :lol: I'll try to put a bit more effort and do screencaps and captions next time instead (for spamming. :lol: )

I LOVE Yeon JungHoon btw^^

somehow I'm rooting for DY and SR....but doesn't look like that's gonna happen....T-T

It's kind of hard not to notice that. :lol: It seems the majority love YJH. I liked Park Yong Woo since the day he played the main character (which was a conductor) in Crystal (a '99 drama that nobody knows. :lol: ) I wasn't into Kdrama then but I watched it because he resembles my brother in law. But then I thought he was pretty good. (PYW is 1 year older than my brother in law and YJH is my younger brother's age but it seems they look about the same age or is it me. :lol: )

Archived