Song Joong Ki 송중기 - [Upcoming Movie 2024] My Name Is Loh Kiwan

gm4queen

Song Joong-ki interview Part ① ‘Descendants of the Sun’

"Descendants of the Sun" has come to an end, and so has Song Joong-ki's heart throbbing role as the dashing Army Captain Yoo Shi-jin. For the first time since the show's wrap, Song engaged an interview session on April 15 at the Grand Hyatt Seoul to talk about his life as an actor and a 31-year-old. Below is a full transcript of his hour-long interview, including responses for the questions previously asked by the Kpop Herald readers via email.

Q: What did you learn from your time on “Descendants of the Sun?” (Asked by Brenda Calaud, Meevie Love Toledo)

The TV drama provided a chance for me to realize that getting everyone involved and included is always a great idea. It was my lifelong belief and I tried to get every staff member and cast member engaged while filming “Descendants of the Sun.” I think it especially helped us at the worst times, such as filming in foreign countries.

Q: Were there any lines that were too cheesy to handle? (Asked by Diane Le)

Not really. Many people say that our screenwriter Kim Eun-sook‘s stories are often very cheesy but I think it’s a matter of how you see it. I do respect the opinions of those who believe so, but it wasn‘t anything like that for me. I’m also quite confident that even if the lines themselves are cheesy, I, as an actor, can make it look simply romantic.

Q: How would you compare Yoo Shi-jin and Song Joong-ki? (Asked by Alifa Firdausi, Adrielle Nadia, Diana)

We do have one thing in common. Yoo Shi-jin likes to make jokes, and I do too. Even at this interview so far, I already made a few jokes. I think it really keeps me from getting nervous. On the set, I often make jokes to break the ice, but I make sure to not cross the line. 

Full article >> http://m.kpopherald.com/view.php?ud=201604151849521813701_2

• Like 5

160415 SJK and photographer Lee Jae Jong

CgFSdIBUUAIgatI.jpg

photographerjae IG

Captain Yoo..Big Boss..I'm gonna miss you so much~~

CgFU0u7UEAAFFMl.jpg

gabriel.dye IG

160415 Compilation  pics of SJK at DOTS finale presscon today:wub:

CgFWbAQUkAEhOBD.jpg

• Like 5

Song Joong Ki opens up about recent leak of ex-girlfriend photos

song-joong-ki-_1460713122_af_org.jpg

Actor Song Joong Ki opened up about the recent photos of himself and his ex-girlfriend that have been making their way across the internet.

At the April 15th finale press conference for 'Descendants of the Sun', Song Joong Ki spoke up about the issue after he was asked whether he voted. He said, "These days, people are more aware of who I am, my family has been exposed through media outlets, and fans have even entered my house. I understand that it's something I have to handle, but I'm still sad about it."

Song Joong Ki continued, "At this press conference, I purposely avoided conversations about my family, and in the same vein, I'd like to politely ask for understanding in terms of my personal life." He added, "My ex-girlfriend's photos have been spread on the internet, and to be honest, I'm upset. Voting is also a personal issue, so I can't comment. I apologize."

What do you think about his comments?

source: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/04/song-joong-ki-opens-up-about-recent-leak-of-ex-girlfriend-photos

• Like 5

Song Joong Ki Feels Apologetic Towards Lee Kwang Soo Regarding His “Descendants of the Sun” Cameo Appearance

Song Joong Ki Feels Apologetic Towards Lee Kwang Soo Regarding His “Descendants of the Sun” Cameo Appearance

On April 15, Song Joong Ki attended the wrap-up press conference for “Descendants of the Sun” and talked about his best friend Lee Kwang Soo.

He addressed Lee Kwang Soo making a small cameo appearance on the drama and apologized to his friend saying, “I’m really thankful that Kwang Soo made a cameo appearance but I’m also feel a bit sorry towards him because I feel like Kwang Soo’s talent is spent on making cameos a lot of the time.”

Song Joong Ki continued, “Kwang Soo and I never actually talked about doing cameos. I think Kwang Soo just wanted to help me out since it was my comeback drama after being in the military.”

Song Joong Ki also mentioned the “Running Man” members, saying, “‘Running Man’ accepted me when I was a rookie and I had nothing. I am thankful towards all the members and the staff, and I still keep contact with them.”

source: http://www.soompi.com/2016/04/15/song-joong-ki-feels-apologetic-towards-lee-kwang-soo-regarding-his-descendants-of-the-sun-cameo-appearance/

• Like 4

Lifestyle: Song Joong-ki effect is sweeping across Asia

Every year, on April 14, the lonely singles of South Korea observe something called the ‘Black Noodles Day.’

On this day, people who haven’t found love gather together in restaurants and eat noodles coated with a chunky dark pork sauce, onions, black beans, sugar and MSG. It is customary for the lonely hearts to be dressed in dark colored clothing.

This year, Descendants of the Sun star Song Joong-ki featured on this special day.

Allkpop reported a survey in which 348 single men and women were asked with whom they wanted to eat black noodles on the upcoming Black Day.  The results of the survey revealed Suzy and Song Joong Ki to have topped with 39% and 54% of votes, respectively.

Perhaps if the fans have indeed gotten a chance to share noodles with Song Joong-ki, this is how it would have turned out.

After the Descendants of the Sun, Song Joong-ki wave is sweeping across Asia and the actor totally deserves it. His career growth chart clearly shows a healthy progress of a young man not only as an actor, but also as a good human being.

Song Joong-ki has always stressed that he does not want to be two-faced. “I don′t try to hide who I am when I appear in public places, act or attend interviews. If I do, it makes the gap even wider. I like it best when someone says I′m the same on television, on camera or off camera. This makes it easier for me,” Song Joong-ki told in an interview to MWave in 2012. This was around the time the actor was beginning to make his mark in shows like Nice Guy and A Werewolf Boy.

Song Joong-ki was always conscious of his behavior on the set and attitude towards the crew members. For him, people are more important than the piece. He made sure that he memorized the names of every staff member on set.
The K-drama superstar is aware that fame is short-lived. “It’s inevitable that popularity fades. That’s why I must always be prepared. I don’t want a meteoric rise in popularity,” he told in 2012.

However, after the Descendants of the Sun, Song Joong-ki seems to be winning more projects as well as hearts. The actor may not be active on social media, but the number of fans have been steadily skyrocketing on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Weibo.

His next movie: Battleship Island

The actor will be starring in Battleship Island, a movie which narrates the story of Joseon people who risk their lives to escape Battleship Island, where they were forcefully taken to during the Japanese Invasion.

Check out these 2016 top K-dramas starring Song Joong-ki.

His role as the brand ambassador

Song Joong-ki is the face of many brands in South Korea. Recently, he was appointed as the honorary ambassador for South Korean tourism. “I’m very happy and glad to see you accomplished your military service and became the biggest Hallyu star. Seeing you promoting even during your hectic schedule just shows that you are a true role model and a patriot in real life and not just in dramas,” said South Korean President Park Geun Hye, appreciating the actor.

Jeju Air too has chosen Song Joong-ki as their model to expand the airline market in China and South Asia. Song Joong-ki will be on various print, online, offline ads for a year as the face of Jeju Air.

The South Korean actor is also the face of a Dongwon Tuna. “I feel that being healthy is the most important. It is with this vision that I have become their endorsement model. I feel honored and happy to represent the brand,” he said.

Besides these ads, Song Joong ki was also the face of many brands like Kolon Sport and Hyundai. The popularity of Descendants of the Sun is boosting the sales of Kolon running shoes.

According to Korea.net, Kolon Sport has seen sales Sox soar by a whopping 300% ever since it used the K-drama super star Song Joong-ki.

• Like 5

Interview with Song Joong-ki: 'I learned a lot from my character'

20160415001259_0.jpg

This is the second in a three-part series covering a group interview Friday with actor Song Joong-ki in Seoul. -- Ed.

“Descendants of the Sun” has come to an end, and so has Song Joong-ki’s time as the dashing Army Capt. Yoo Shi-jin. But this may only mark another beginning for the 31-year-old actor, whose celebrity status has rocketed to a whole new level since his appearance in the military-themed TV drama. For the first time since the show’s wrap, Song met with reporters in a group interview Friday at Grand Hyatt Seoul to discuss the frenzy of his newfound fame, his future plans and more.

Q: A lot of the “Descendants” filming crew say that you’re a “man’s man” and very masculine on set.

A: A lot of my costars say that. I’m not sure what the standard for being masculine is. I don’t really know what they’re referring to. Maybe it’s because I pick up the tab for our after-work meals a lot.

Q: What are you like when you are dating someone? Is your romance style similar to that of the character Yoo Shi-jin?

A: I learned a lot from my character. I thought to myself, “So this is what you have to do to make your girlfriend happy.” Our scriptwriter Kim Eun-sook made the character, and I understand why so many female viewers fell in love with him. He says things that women want to hear. If I were like him, I would have been much more popular. But do you think men like him really exist? As writer Kim said, it seems like a fantasy.

Q: A lot of people love the drama, but some say that it focuses too much on the romantic aspect and not enough on forming a logical plot. What do you think?

A: I know that there are a lot of opinions out there, some good and some bad. But I’m glad that the show has been talked about a lot. I’m grateful for all kinds of feedback and I respect them all. The show belongs to the viewers once it’s made. I’ve made plans to grab soju with writer Kim sometime soon, so I’ll talk about it with her then. I don’t want to overstep my part in assessing the show.

Q: There are a lot of embarrassing romantic lines that the character Yoo Shi-jin has to deliver in the drama. But you made it believable as an actor.

A: Some say that the script was cringeworthy, and I respect those opinions as well. I didn’t feel that way. I felt confident that I could process the script and deliver the lines in my own style.

Q: Were there some scenes that you didn’t understand?

A: I felt that the kissing scene between Shi-jin and Mo-yeon (the love interest played by Song Hye-kyo) happened too soon. I thought viewers wouldn’t be able to relate to a relationship that moved that quickly. But I was wrong. Viewers loved it.

Q: The character Yoo Shi-jin jokes around a lot. How about you?

A: I do get nervous from time to time. Especially when I’m talking to reporters. But I like interviews. I normally like doing them one-on-one. I like having conversations, you learn a lot about how other people think. If I’m myself and confident, I don’t get nervous easily. I try not to make other people uncomfortable -- I think that’s a very arrogant thing to do.

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20160415000847

• Like 4

Stunts in the name of love

web_2042158387_4a53b899_IMG_1640.PNG

Who needs to move like Jagger? To woo a girl these days, you have to move like Yoo - Captain Yoo Si Jin, that is.

The soldier played by Song Joong Ki puts his special forces training to good use in Descendants Of The Sun, almost as soon as he meets a surgeon, Dr Kang Mo Yeon, played by Song Hye Kyo.

Here are five of the most incredible stunts he pulls, in the name of love.

1 HE SEIZES HER MOBILE PHONE

At their first meeting in a hospital in South Korea, to stop her from calling the police to report him over a misunderstanding, he flicks a mobile phone out of her hand, then swoops behind her to catch it mid-air. She might not know it, but he has made the first move in a mating dance.

2 HE OUTMANOEUVRES HER IN A FIELD

They meet again in Urk, a fictional war-ravaged land, months after she dumps him. To prevent her from running away, he tells her she has stepped on a landmine, offers to die in her stead and pulls her towards him. All this, so that they can fall on a field together, she landing on his chest, and he can ask her: "How have you been?"

3 HE HOLDS A MIDDLE EASTERN LEADER'S ENTOURAGE AT GUNPOINT

In a heartbeat, Captain Yoo removes an earpiece connecting him to his superior and raises his gun.

His superior has suggested Dr Kang be made a scapegoat for a possible political disaster, if a Middle Eastern leader dies in a Korean medical centre in Urk because his entourage will not let a non-Arab operate on him. Captain Yoo is defying his superior and the entourage, to let Dr Kang save a man and to save her career.

4 HE SAYS THE MOST UNBELIEVABLE THINGS POINT-BLANK

After he kisses her and she avoids him, he asks: "Should I apologise or confess my love?"

5 HE JUMPS OUT OF A BUILDING

To chase a woman who is scampering out of a building, an average man would take the stairs.

Not Captain Yoo, who leaps out of a window and strolls to the door, so he can surprise Dr Kang - and fluster her with his proximity again.

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/stunts-in-the-name-of-love

• Like 6

Song Joong Ki Asked Whether Ideal Type Has Changed After Working With Song Hye Kyo

Song Joong Ki Asked Whether Ideal Type Has Changed After Working With Song Hye Kyo

As the incredibly popular “Descendants of the Sun” has drawn to a close, lead actor Song Joong Ki recently sat down for an interview to talk about the drama.

During one segment, the interviewer mentioned that his chemistry with Song Hye Kyo was so good that dating rumors surrounded them throughout the drama’s run. The interviewer also asked if his ideal type had changed as he grew older.

“There were a lot of articles written about my ideal type,” Song Joong Ki said. “But my ideal type is still a wise and sensible woman. I think that’s the most important thing and that hasn’t changed.”

On working with Song Hye Kyo, he said, “I spent the most time with Song Hye Kyo noona during the drama filming so she helped me a lot. She’s a sunbae that I can never catch up to, but when I saw how hard she works, I thought her reputation was well-deserved.”

“She is very respectful of the people around her,” he added. “In Episode 15 and 16, the character Kang Mo Yeon had a lot of crying scenes. It must have been hard for Song Hye Kyo to portray an emotional scene without anyone else, but she got very absorbed in her acting. So I felt grateful to her. I thought that as a hoobae, I had to follow in her footsteps. Her personality is very confident and I felt that that is also something I should learn from her as a hoobae.”

http://www.soompi.com/2016/04/15/song-joong-ki-asked-whether-ideal-type-has-changed-after-working-with-song-hye-kyo/

• Like 2

Song Joong Ki stays in touch with the cast and crew of 'Running Man'?

Looks like people really want Song Joong Ki back on 'Running Man'!  The question of whether he will be guesting on the variety program again popped up once more during the press conference for 'Descendants of the Sun' on April 15.

Previously, 'Running Man's production crew relayed their wish to have him on the show again.  Song Joong Ki said, "I am always open to it.  It is an unforgettable program. 'Running Man' accepted me when I had nothing during my rookie period.  Because of that, I am open to it."  That gratitude!

He continued, "Even now, I am maintaining ties with the members and production crew of 'Running Man.'  My friend, Lee Kwang Soo, is a member, isn't he?  They're all good people."

Hope to see you soon, then!

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/04/song-joong-ki-stays-in-touch-with-the-cast-and-crew-of-running-man

• Like 2

April 12, 2016

Filming for BATTLESHIP ISLAND Kicks Off Next Month in Chuncheon
RYOO Seung-wan’s Latest to Use 6,600㎡ Set

by Pierce Conran / KoBiz

fEgFesoFldSeskbIxOSS.png

RYOO Seung-wan’s next project, the World War II escape drama Battleship Island, is gearing up for filming, which will begin next month in the city of Chuncheon in Gangwon-do Province. It’ll be all hands on deck as stars HWANG Jung-min, SONG Joong-ki, SO Ji-sub and LEE Jung-hyun will participate in the production which is set to take place on a massive 6,600㎡ set.

The film takes its name from Japan’s Hashima Island, which is nicknamed Battleship Island, and is known to viewers as the location that serves as the villain’s lair in Bond film Skyfall (2012). During World War II, the island was an industrial manufacturing center that utilized the forced labor of Korean and Chinese civilians or prisoners of war. Inhabitants of the island stage a daring escape with the help of Korean independence fighters.

The film marks the third collaboration between RYOO and HWANG, following The Unjust (2010) and last year’s phenomenally successful cop thriller Veteran. SONG takes on his first film role since military service with the project, though he is currently featured in the highly-rated TV drama Descendants of the Sun, SO is back in a lead role in a film for the first time since 2012’s A Company Man and LEE will take part after completing the currently shooting Split alongside YOO Ji-tae.

Filmmaker R & K is the production company and CJ Entertainment is handling financing and distribution. Battleship Island should hit screens in 2017.

• Like 4