Song Joong Ki 송중기 - [Upcoming Movie 2024] My Name Is Loh Kiwan

gm4queen

6 hours ago, EInfinity said:

Awwww @ssteph, the photo of Joong Ki sitting on the couch with the white sweater looking away smiling made my heart skip a beat, too handsome :wub:

I am re-watching Nice Guy and still feel so much in love with the Chaeki couple although it has been 9 years already. Am I the only weird one here while my fav drama is Arthdal Chronicles, my fav character is Captain Yoo, but my fav partner with Joong Ki is Moon Chae Won :D

*** this is possible - liking a drama but loving a character from another drama. You're not alone..............I'm also like this - hahaha -  :Megalol:   :kisslevel:

• LOL 1

18 hours ago, willenette said:

*** this is possible - liking a drama but loving a character from another drama. You're not alone..............I'm also like this - hahaha -  :Megalol:   :kisslevel:

Glad to hear that I am not alone :D

I used to ship Chaeki couple, but after 2017, I have decided to become a Joong Ki fan only, will not ship couple anymore. Although I have to say Joong Ki has good chemistry with whoever he works with.

So Bogota filming has ended, such a beautiful scenery there.

Does anyone know when Bogota is expected to be shown in big screen? Pray that its plan will not be hinder by hindered by Covid.

Joong Ki's birthday is coming soon, it is next Sunday. He might already have plans to enjoy his special day with beloved family and friends. Hope his agency will update some pics in Instagram for us :D

Can't believe he turns 37 soon, he always looks like 25, when I first saw him in SKKS :wub:

12 hours ago, EInfinity said:

Glad to hear that I am not alone :D

I used to ship Chaeki couple, but after 2017, I have decided to become a Joong Ki fan only, will not ship couple anymore. Although I have to say Joong Ki has good chemistry with whoever he works with.

So Bogota filming has ended, such a beautiful scenery there.

Does anyone know when Bogota is expected to be shown in big screen? Pray that its plan will not be hinder by hindered by Covid.

Joong Ki's birthday is coming soon, it is next Sunday. He might already have plans to enjoy his special day with beloved family and friends. Hope his agency will update some pics in Instagram for us :D

Can't believe he turns 37 soon, he always looks like 25, when I first saw him in SKKS :wub:

*** thanks for sharing the info - The shooting of the movie started last year, right? However, I know it was paused because of the COVID-19 issue. And now, they had wrapped-up the filming. The release date of the movie is not confirmed yet, though. I hope we could get the official statement on the release date of "Bogota" soon. It was reported 2021, right?  :sweet:

• Like 1

These Are The TOP 25 Most Popular Korean Entertainment-Related Wiki Pages Right Now

With K-Pop and Korean entertainment becoming more popular worldwide, there are countless Wikipedia articles on various topics related to them, from individual idols and K-Pop groups, to K-Dramas, actors, and athletes, and everything in between. Using WikiProject Korea, it’s easy to see which topics are trending among netizens based on how many views different articles are earning over a period of time.

Here are the 25 most-viewed Wikipedia pages related to Korean entertainment for the entire month of August!

18. Song Joong Ki

In August, this article received 177.0k total views (averaging about 5.7k views per day). Here’s what the Wikipedia article opens with:

Song Joong Ki is a South Korean actor. He rose to fame in the historical coming-of-age drama Sungkyunkwan Scandal (2010) and the variety show Running Man (2010–2011) as one of the original cast members. Since then, he has played a diverse spectrum of roles in the television series The Innocent Man (2012), Descendants of the Sun (2016), Arthdal Chronicles (2019) and Vincenzo (2021), as well as the hit films A Werewolf Boy (2012), The Battleship Island (2017) and Space Sweepers (2021).

(skipped unrelated.....) 

credit : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Korea/Popular_pages

• Like 1

Kang Maru is indeed 1 miserable character, I was so frustrated while watching Nice Guy that I just wanted to kidnap Maru and bring him home to shelter him from all the storms :D. Joong Ki's acting was superb then really!

Yesssss, we will get to see MC Joong Ki again very soon :love:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1488899wpp/song-joong-ki-and-park-so-dam-to-host-opening-ceremony-of-26th-busan-international-film-festival

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EInfinity said:

Kang Maru is indeed 1 miserable character, I was so frustrated while watching Nice Guy that I just wanted to kidnap Maru and bring him home to shelter him from all the storms :D. Joong Ki's acting was superb then really!

Yesssss, we will get to see MC Joong Ki again very soon :love:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1488899wpp/song-joong-ki-and-park-so-dam-to-host-opening-ceremony-of-26th-busan-international-film-festival

*** Thanks for sharing this. The event will focus on offline screenings and programs. So many films from 70 countries were invited to screen at this year’s event. Unlike other international film festivals held in Korea, BIFF has not formed any partnerships with local streaming platforms. All of the invited films will be screened at local theaters. However, only 50 percent of the seats per theater will be filled in line with the governmental social distancing measures.   :getmygrooveon:

Song Joong-ki, Park So-dam to co-host opening ceremony of BIFF

Actors Song Joong-ki, left and Park So-dam [HISTORY D&C, ARTIST COMPANY]

Actors Song Joong-ki, left and Park So-dam [HISTORY D&C, ARTIST COMPANY]

Actors Song Joong-ki and Park So-dam will co-host the opening ceremony for the 26th Busan International Film Festival.

The festival committee announced the news Thursday, revealing that the two actors will host the opening ceremony on Oct. 6 at the Busan Cinema Center.  

Song debuted on screen through the 2008 film “A Frozen Flower.”

He rose to stardom through KBS drama series “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” (2010), “The Innocent Man” (2012), “Descendants of the Sun” (2016), and tvN series “Arthdal Chronicles” (2019), “Vincenzo” (2021) and films “A Werewolf Boy” (2012) as well as “Space Sweepers” (2021) on Netflix.  

He is currently reported to be filming for upcoming film “Bogota.”  

Park debuted through a 2013 independent film “Steel Cold Winter” and won numerous awards for her unique presence in “The Priests” (2015). Her latest achievements include featuring as Ki-jung, the youngest daughter of the family that lives in a semi-basement apartment in director Bong Joon-ho’s Oscar-winning “Parasite.”

BY LEE JAE-LIM [lee.jaelim@joongang.co.kr]

credit : JoongAngDaily

***  tvN is partnering with TVing to run a vote for the audiences’ favorite K-drama in the network’s 15-year span. tvN has so many great dramas. I’ve watched so many dramas from this cable network. I can say that tvN is the HBO of SK. And running down the list are "Vincenzo" & "Arthdal Chronicles"  - :heart:

LINK to vote :     http://event.tving.com/external/tvn15th/5377

Our Joong Ki is in Cyprus, filming his last overseas scenes of Bogota. The picture was updated by his co-star.

So he will get to spend his birthday in a beautiful place, hope he gets enough rest in the middle of filming process. We miss you, oppa :heart:

• Like 1

***HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Oppa! I hope you had a grand time celebrating your special day with your family & friends.  :heart:

pexels-photo-1793037.jpeg?auto=compress&

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

5 passionate and artistic roles of Song Joong Ki that dubbed him as a versatile ‘Hallyu Star’

sjk_main_2.png?width=752&format=webp&t=p

Song Joong Ki, born September 19, 1985, is a versatile actor. He rose to fame in the historical coming-of-age drama ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’ (2010) and the variety show ‘Running Man’ (2010–2011) as one of the original cast members.

Since then, he has played a diverse spectrum of roles in the television series ‘The Innocent Man’ (2012), ‘Descendants of the Sun’ (2016), ‘Arthdal Chronicles’ (2019) and ‘Vincenzo’ (2021), as well as the hit films ‘A Werewolf Boy’ (2012), ‘The Battleship Island’ (2017) and ‘Space Sweepers’ (2021).

Spoiler
  1. Captain Yoo Shi Jin- Descendants of the Sun 

The Captain and leader of Alpha Team, a fictional elite special forces team of the 707th Special Mission Battalion in South Korea. Shi Jin cares little for the politics of war and believes in protecting and defending those who need help, his country and his men's honour, even if it means having to question his superiors' orders. His light-hearted approach to life and witty sense of humour make him popular with his team and subordinates but Mo Yeon (Song Hye Kyo) quickly realizes that it is his way of deflecting her questions about his job and coping with the pain of losing comrades. He falls in love with Mo Yeon at first sight but gets rejected by her three times. His charming and sunny personality held a lot of pain and grief from memories that he locked away. Song Joong Ki does a great job of bringing the emotions to the screen, which made a lot of fans fall for him. 

1. Vincenzo Cassano- Vincenzo 

An Italian lawyer and Mafia consigliere of Korean descent. He is the adopted son of the late boss of the Cassano Family. He is Geumga Plaza's true owner and usually wears a nice, fancy bespoke suit. He becomes an Advisor/Foreign Legal Counsel to Jipuragi Law Firm, working with Hong Cha-young to destroy the Babel Group and reclaim the gold hidden in Geumga Plaza. Vincenzo is his first attempt at comedy and he has absolutely knocked it out of the park! 

1. Eun Seom and Saya- Arthdal Chronicles

Eun Seom and Saya (Song Joong-ki) are identical twins. Eun Seom is the son of Asa Hon and Neanthal, Ragaz. A member of the Wahan tribe of Iark, a foreigner to Arthdal. Ta-gon's most powerful enemy, in the days to come. The offspring of an alien relationship not accepted in Arthdal. Eun Seom and Saya are a mixed race of the Saram (human race) and the Neanthal, a pair of Igutus born during the Great War. He did a great job at portraying the contradicting characters with ease, further proving him as a versatile actor. 

1. Kang Ma Ru- The Innocent Man

A smart but poor medical student who has to look after his little sister without any parents. He was in love with Jae Hee but she left him for a rich CEO as she always dreamt of being rich, but she always loved Ma Ru and still harbours feelings for him. Six years after Jae Hee left he became arrogant and a playboy who works as a bartender. He approached Eun-gi as part of his revenge plan against Jae-hee but he started to care for her and eventually fell in love. Song Joong Ki truly brought the cold, hard and callous personality of Kang Ma Ru on screen, making it one of his most revered characters. 

1. Chul Soo- A Werewolf Boy

One day, Sun-yi (Park Bo Young) discovers a feral boy of about 19 in their yard. His blood type is unidentifiable, and he can neither read nor speak. Even though he behaves like a wild beast, Sun-yi's kindhearted mother adopts him and names him Chul Soo, assuming he's one of more than 60,000 children orphaned in the Korean War. Song Joong Ki as an innocent, harmless and curious boy hit the hearts of all the fans. His chemistry with Park Bo Young was palpable and even though he hardly had any lines, his emotions were very well displayed through his expressions. 

1. Kim Tae Ho- Space Sweepers

Tae Ho (Song Joong-Ki) is a pilot of Spaceship Victory, which is led by a captain (Kim Tae-Ri). Tae Ho will do anything to make money, but he is always broke. Song Joong Ki portrayed the fear and guilt of losing their child which brought the viewers to tears. His money-grubbing, selfish and arrogant behaviour was also on spot as some fans were even angry at that character!

Seeing his wide range of characters, it’s safe to say that Song Joong Ki definitely lives up to the hype. After 13 years, he has managed to display various kinds of emotions, proving his worth as an actor and we were happy to recount all his memorable characters on the joyful occasion of his birthday. 

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/5-passionate-and-artistic-roles-song-joong-ki-dubbed-him-versatile-hallyu-star-898437

7 Korean Celebrities Who Have Above Average IQ: BTS’ RM. Song Joong-Ki

7-Korean-Celebrities-Who-Have-Above-Aver

Get to know these Korean stars who are not just blessed with good looks and talent, but higher than average IQ levels too

Here are seven Korean stars who have chosen to entertain and bless us with their beautiful minds

2. Song Joong Ki

Song-Joong-Ki-Thanking-Everyone-For-Supp

The Vincenzo heartthrob is apparently quite the brainiac, scoring 380 out of 400 in a prestigious university entrance exam. He also got straight As in subjects in high school and some sources peg his IQ at 140. But the real proof of his smarts? Making everyone believe he is a true blue Italian-Korean mafia lawyer named Vincenzo who can outwit the villains at every turn.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://lovekpop95.com/2021/09/18/7-korean-celebrities-who-have-above-average-iq-bts-rm-song-joong-ki/