Song Joong Ki 송중기 - [Upcoming Movie 2024] My Name Is Loh Kiwan

gm4queen

Can't Get Enough Of 'Descendants Of The Sun' Big Boss? 'Forencos' Share BTS Video of Song Joong Ki

Still can't get over Big Boss of "Descendants of the Sun" which was played by Korean actor Song Joong Ki? Want more? Yes, please.
Cosmetics brand "Forencos" recently revealed on their official Youtube video account a "Behind-The-Scene" shoot from everyone's Big Boss' shoot two weeks ago.
In less than 24 hours and as of writing, the video garnered 12,465 views from "Descendants of the Sun" actor.
Try not to squeal and drool much, girls with the video below. Enjoy your Big Boss!

• Like 4

Harper's Bazaar Magazine - The Making 

Source: songjoongki_sg

ChhYX36UkAEHYfV.jpg

MOD EDIT: Put long posts and multiple pictures in spoiler tag

Spoiler

ChhYYXzUoAAUejq.jpg

ChhYYmvUUAA87-x.jpg

ChhYfigUUAEeKK1.jpg

ChhYft-UkAAz_Lt.jpg

ChhYgtqU8AEoCS8.jpg

Edited by rainmoon
multiple images
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Wow, I don't check in for a weekend and soooo many lovely photos to catch up on.  :)

Thanks to those who shared the translated Harper's Bazaar magazine interview.  That was a really interesting read.  I'm curious though, does anyone know what SJK and the reporter were talking about when they referred to the "new school genre"?  I'm not familiar with that term and googling didn't help; is it a term that was lost in the translation?

In another translation by sjkiel on IG, it means melodramatic/tragic genre, much like a werewolf boy. 

• Like 4

Song Joong-ki’s Latest Endorsements are Jeju Air & Maxim Tea

song-joong-ki-_1462152688_20160501_songj

At the rate “Descendants of the Sun” actor Song Joong-ki is shooting endorsements, NEW, the producer of the 16-episode drama is right in not coming up with a Season 2. It would surely be a nightmare for the production team to clear the 30-year-old actor’s schedule to shoot another Korean drama given the long list of products and services he needs to shoot a commercial.

On Monday, South Korean airline Jeju Air release two photos of Song Joong-ki dressed as an airline pilot as he added the air carrier to his growing list of endorsements. The company also released a video of the actor during the photoshoot, reported AllKPop.

In choosing the “Descendants of the Sun” star as their image model for the next 12 months, Jeju Air said in a statement, “We wanted to expand in the Asia market, so we chose Song Joong Ki as our model, who is the most popular in Asia currently.”

It was a wise decision because just weeks after “Descendants of the Sun” premiered over KBS 2TV in South Korea and video platform iQiyi in China, other Asian countries caught the Song Joong-ki fever and acquired rights to the show also.

Headquartered in Jeju City, Jeju Air is a low-cost South Korean air carrier that offers domestic flights between the South Korean mainland and Jeju Island, a major tourist destination. The 11-year-old airline has a fleet of 23 jets.

On Sunday, Jeju Air launched daily trips between Incheon International Airport in South Korea and the Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport. Jeju Air is one of the five low-cost carriers in South Korea, the other four being Air Busan, Jin Air, Eastar Jet and t’way.

Also on Monday, Maxim Tea released its commercial, featuring also the popular actor.

• Like 3

Song Joong-ki is now a Pilot Captain

050216_songjoongki01.jpg

On May 2, Jeju Air revealed that their new model is none other than Korea’s heartthrob Song Joong-ki, as he is shown wearing a series of pilot uniforms in the pictorials. Song Joong-ki did a photo shoot wearing various Jeju Air pilot uniforms alongside flight attendants where these images will be used for advertising purposes for one year.

A behind-the-scenes video of the photo shoot was also revealed through their Facebook page (www.facebook.com/funjejuair).

“We chose Song Joong-ki as our new model because of his huge popularity all over Asia. We want to broaden our market in Asia and provide a sustainable foundation for growth,” stated an official from Jeju Air.

http://www.koogle.tv/media/news/song-joong-ki-is-now-a-pilot-captain/

• Like 4

The last part of Harper Bazaar's interview is the most interesting part for me. Joongki never changes. He still chose his script carefully and has such passion for his characters. Goo Yong Ha and Lee Do, although not main characters, are what gave him the 'scene-stealer' status. I read somewhere long ago, after playing Yong Ha, he was offered lead roles but he chose to play Lee Do instead. It's still the same now. He's already a reliable lead, but he wants to play Myung Soo in Battleship Island who is likely the 3rd male lead (not even 2nd male lead). I admire him for that. When people look at his filmography, they would wonder, he just has, like, 2 lead characters in dramas (Innocent Man and DOTS) and 2 in movies (Penny Pinchers and A Werewolf Boy) but he's so loved and popular. Right now a lot of people are putting him down because of Yoo Si Jin, calling him average and overrated and such just because Yoo Si Jin as a character is not as intriguing nor as deep as, say, Kang Maru. I think he did well, not his best but absolutely not average. But DOTS are so huge so i hope people will watch his earlier works and would only judge him after that. 

This is part of the interview that i love the most (excluding two translations by sjkiel above):

ChOIhGPU8AAyEOg.jpg   

• Like 5

Just now, Chellsee said:

Also on Monday, Maxim Tea released its commercial, featuring also the popular actor.

Haha it's funny...these news reporters didn't bother to check the fact first. It was Maxim Coffee, and it was years ago. Smh. I also read somewhere, the news wrote that Joongki would act in Detective Hong Gil Dong and Battleship Island and i was just eeehhhh :blink: 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, justsomegirl said:

The last part of Harper Bazaar's interview is the most interesting part for me. Joongki never changes. He still chose his script carefully and has such passion for his characters. Goo Yong Ha and Lee Do, although not main characters, are what gave him the 'scene-stealer' status. I read somewhere long ago, after playing Yong Ha, he was offered lead roles but he chose to play Lee Do instead. It's still the same now. He's already a reliable lead, but he wants to play Myung Soo in Battleship Island who is likely the 3rd male lead (not even 2nd male lead). I admire him for that. When people look at his filmography, they would wonder, he just has, like, 2 lead characters in dramas (Innocent Man and DOTS) and 2 in movies (Penny Pinchers and A Werewolf Boy) but he's so loved and popular. Right now a lot of people are putting him down because of Yoo Si Jin, calling him average and overrated and such just because Yoo Si Jin as a character is not as intriguing nor as deep as, say, Kang Maru. I think he did well, not his best but absolutely not average. But DOTS are so huge so i hope people will watch his earlier works and would only judge him after that. 

This is part of the interview that i love the most (excluding two translations by sjkiel above):

ChOIhGPU8AAyEOg.jpg   

@justsomegirl. I totally agree with you. What I like about him is his passion on his acting goals. I read an article somehere that to him it is not how big the role is but if it is a role he wants he will take the role. Take for instance, he was offered the role in Moon Embracing the Sun but rejected it for Nice Guy and he also just did a saeguk Tree with Deep Roots where he was anazing in that role. He also said he wanted to act in cold roles like Edward Norton. I was thinking like American X. SJK can pull a role like that. 

I read some comments about his Baesksang Awards nominations that if he ever wins the Best Actor Awards would be probably due to his popularity not because of how he played YSJ. This made me a bit sad. I both loved him and YAI and both were amazing in their roles but SJK is brillant in DOTS. He deserves to win. 

Anyhow, sorry for ranting. I am just super happy for SJK as a fan. I will be looking forward to seeing him at the Baeksang Awards. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, justsomegirl said:

I agree.  SJK is very thoughtful in his selection of projects and I think it's because of his talent and wise choices that he is able to enjoy the popularity that he has. 

As for the part of your comment that I bolded, I wanted to reassure you that this fan has done just that.  I remember when SJK caught my eye after "Will it Snow for Christmas?"  He had such a small role in that drama but he did such an amazing job with his limited screentime (all the young actors did in that drama, actually).  After that, I watched him again in Sungkyunkwan Scandal.  And that was it.  Despite liking him a lot from that drama and Running Man, I couldn't watch any of his other projects.  I knew "A Werewolf Boy" would have a sad ending, I wasn't sure I'd be able to handle the revenge theme of "Innocent Man," & etc.

After DotS, I've decided to give his other projects a chance.  If I was a fan before, I'm a super fan now.  His talent blows me way.  It was amazing to me, for example, how he was able to convey emotion as a half-boy/half-wolf in "A Werewolf Boy" without ever saying a word, and I was so impressed with how animal-like his movements were. 

Also, I remember reading the announcement that SJK had been casted in DotS and wondering how that was going to work.  Although I didn't question his skills as an actor, I was skeptical as to whether he could look the part.  He has such a flower boy image -- and indeed, the projects I'd known him best for had been centered around that image -- that I wondered how he was going to play a captain of a Special Forces team.  Fortunately, all my reservations were quickly wiped away once I started watching DotS.  But I have to say, now that I've watched "Innocent Man," I don't think I would have ever questioned his DotS casting in the first place. 

I'm now watching "Obstetrics & Gynecology Doctors."  :P

Finally, @justsomegirl, I wanted to make sure I thanked you for your clarification/explanation re: "new school genre."  That makes so much more sense! 

• Like 3

Since he is very greedy in acting, I'd like to see him in another project small screen as a twisted chaebol.... very twisted evil chaebol.... Nam Goong Min and Yoo Ah In nailed character like that very well and I love how they portrayed their character.Somehow I love "Remember" because Nam Goong Min...and cried when he hang himself. Yoo Ah In just say it frankly...he is very twisted in Veteran.....love him 

It's no doubt SJK can pull character like that very well too..... just stay away from chaebol stereotype character please oppa... if you want to have a chaebol role please choose the evil twisted chaebol character.... I want to see how he make the evil face...the evil smile...and the evil eyes with his darling looks and dazzling act....

• Like 4

'Descendants of the Sun' official goods have been released

photo720164.jpg

KBS 2TV's recently finished miniseries 'Descendants of the Sun' has released their official goods.

The merchandize goods specialty online store Lezrock (www.lezrocklive.com) along with the production company NEW have unveiled the various goods featuring the main characters' faces as the first round and will start selling the goods in Korea, China, Taiwan and Japan first.

The products released this time include practical items for daily use including cushions with the print of the main character Yoo Si-jin (Song Joong-ki)'s full body, mugs with Song-Song Couple's faces and Goo-Won couple's faces, echo friendly bags, calendars, puzzles and power bank for cellphones.

An associate with Lezrock said, "The lineup of the first round release is comprised with the products featuring the main characters' faces. The second release of the products will be cute trendy items including accessories, which also can be used for daily life.

It seems that 'Descendants of the Sun' official goods product will stir the hearts of the drama fans in Korea and other Asian countries again. 'Descendants of the Sun' will begin the online reservation pre-sale through Lezrock online mall at www.lezrocklive.com.

photo720165.jpg

photo720166.jpg

photo720167.jpg

photo720168.jpg

http://www.hancinema.net/-descendants-of-the-sun-official-goods-have-been-released-94140.html

• Like 1

China Advisory for 'Descendants Of The Sun" Fans, Viewers- "Beware of Song Joong Ki!"

1618.png

Anyone can't help the popularity of "Descendants of the Sun" as well as the main characters Song Hye Kyo and Song Joong Ki. Thus, because of its outrageous popularity specifically in China, the public advisory warns its fans and viewers to be aware of the Korean actor Song Joong Ki.

In Weibo, China's public safety page posted on March 12 saying, "Korean drama fans beware! Alert of hidden harm in 'Descendants of the Sun'. Females in Korea and China are love sick from Song Joong Ki. It is leading to a great amount of complaints by males." The post continued, "Watching Korean dramas is more 'dangerous' than you think. You can end up facing lawsuits."

This might be exaggerated to some but according to a report, there are actually serious marital issues and divorce in China. Mostly, the cause is due to the husband's jealousy to their wives exaggerated love to the "Descendants of the Sun" main actor Song Joong Ki.

Another case is that more people have now undergone through plastic surgery just to look more like the 30-year-old actor.

This reports have claimed that the fame of the Korean drama"Descendants of the Sun" has turned Joong Ki into a "dangerous" celebrity.

For the record, he is currently the China's "Most Popular Celebrity."

It is really true as the "Song Joong Ki syndrome" is spreading fast and wide, not only in China  or Asia but to all over the countries of this world. All fans and viewers, "Beware of Song Joong Ki!"

http://chinachristiandaily.com/2016-05-03/society/china-advisory-for--descendants-of-the-sun--fans--viewers---beware-of-song-joong-ki--_1152.html