Song Joong Ki 송중기 - [Upcoming Movie 2024] My Name Is Loh Kiwan

gm4queen

*** According to IMDB, Katy Louise Saunders started acting in the entertainment industry in 2002, and her filmography continued until 2018. During her mid-twenties, she was featured on a Nespresso coffee advertisement, which also aired in South Korea. This coffee commercial was with Hollywood star George Clooney. The ad features two actresses, with Sanders appearing later. She approaches Clooney and asks, “Are you Mr. George Clooney?”  The advertisement, which can be found by searching “Nespresso – George Clooney” (2008) in English on YouTube, received a lot of reactions. In the comment section of this video, some people were asking who the 2nd actress was and praising her for looking perfect, while other actively answered it was Katy Louise Saunders. Since she was a former actress, various news, photos, and gossip related to her can be found online. As a result, netizens are raising various speculations and allegations about her past. Gossip related to her love life is also mentioned, with people bringing up a photo of her with a huge belly on the red carpet and making claims that she had a child with her ex-boyfriend. However, it is important to respect Song Joong Ki’s choice as an adult, and to not make negative comments about her past. I hope people refrain from unconfirmed reports.   :heart:

Katy-Lewis-Saunders-1-281222.webp

source : https://news.nate.com/view/20221228n18461?mid=n1008

Viewers split over surprise ending of hit series ‘Reborn Rich’

http://res.heraldm.com/content/image/2022/12/27/20221227000717_0.jpg
“Reborn Rich” (JTBC)

Viewers voiced mixed responses over the ending of the latest hit series “Reborn Rich,” which was very different from the conclusion of the original web novel from which it was adapted.

The last episode in the 16-part JTBC series aired Sunday, with a 26.9 percent viewership rating, according to ratings firm Nielsen Korea, Monday. The figure is the all-time second highest rating for a JTBC drama, following “The World of the Married” (2020), which was recorded at 28.4 percent.

The story revolves around Yoon Hyeon-woo (played by Song Joong-ki), a personal secretary to the family of top conglomerate Soonyang. The story unfolds when Yoon is betrayed and killed by an unknown family member. Yoon, reincarnated in the body of Jin Do-jun, the youngest grandson of the Soonyang family -- in 1987 with his memories as Yoon intact -- seeks revenge on the family.

Fans speculated on whether Yoon, in Jin’s body, would succeed in getting revenge and becoming chairman of the group, as he did in the web novel.

In previous episodes, Yoon accumulates vast fortunes and eliminates his rivals in the Soonyang family one by one, using his memory and knowledge about the future.

But the TV series instead ended with Yoon waking up from a coma -- the battle over succession had all been but a futile dream.

Yoon, who in the first episode, fell off a cliff after being shot, had fallen unconscious. In the last episode, he wakes up a week later only to find that Jin Do-jun died in a car accident.

http://res.heraldm.com/content/image/2022/12/27/20221227000718_0.jpg
“Reborn Rich” (JTBC)

Viewers who commented on the series highlights on the web portal Naver were less than happy with the TV series’ departure from the web novel.

“If the original ending is abandoned like this, why on earth did Yoon (as Jin Do-jun) try so hard to win over the Soonyang?” one comment said.

Another comment read, “I’ve followed the series since the first episode and I see all my time was in vain.”

“I think viewers were rooting for Yoon to take over the company and pioneer a new life as Jin Do-jun. All the narratives and promises that Yoon made with the chairman are now gone,” another comment said.

Other viewers were more understanding.

“People are angry right now, but I think people will understand later that this is a realistic conclusion,” one comment said.

“For someone who didn’t see the original web novel, I was grasped by the story until the end. Adaptation works don’t have to follow the original ending,” another comment said.

http://res.heraldm.com/content/image/2022/12/27/20221227000719_0.jpg
“Reborn Rich” (JTBC)

After the final episode aired, actor Song said through his agency, “I am grateful for the responses that said this drama helped family and friends to empathize and communicate with each other.”

Actor Lee Sung-min, who played the role of Soonyang Group's chairman, also said through his agency, “I didn’t expect the series would be such a huge hit. I have nothing to say except thank you.”

“I don’t know exactly why chairman Jin was so popular but I think it’s because the viewers saw in him a father or grandfather figure who gave his all and empathized with him,” he added.

The series, an adaption of a web novel of the same title by author San Kyung, was one of the most anticipated series for the year with a star-studded cast.

The series became increasingly popular for its cathartic revenge plot mixed with a fantastical second chance at life, along with the iconic tales of chaebol leaders and the country’s modern history.

Starting at a 6.1 percent viewership rating on Nov. 18, “Reborn Rich” broke its own ratings each week, becoming the only drama series to surpass a 20 percent viewership rating this year.

By Hwang Dong-hee (hwangdh@heraldcorp.com)

credit : Korea Herald

*** 2- members from BTS were mentioned in "Reborn Rich". There was a scene shows Song Joong Ki at a university campus - When he met some fellow students, two of the characters introduced themselves as Kim Taehyung (V‘s real

name) and Jimin. - hahaha -   :rubchin:

_OjuIgIoOpSBmAxaeVdrbtTkbG1tRZpa0dWueUky

5X1n0v6S2wrQkS9NkFWkAz9QARoAv7geRr0DxNLn

• Like 1

*** Sports Chosun listed who was the main character who heated up the world this year.   :Woah:

photo1604924.jpg

Song Joong-ki saves JTBC's face

The main character who properly captivated the drama scene in 2020 is Song Joong-ki, who made a comeback as the third generation of the Soonyang family chaebol. Song Joong-ki, who saved the face of JTBC's drama, which was on the verge of dying due to a crushing defeat in ratings, grabbed JTBC's ratings by the collar through the Friday-Saturday-Sunday drama "Reborn Rich" (wrtitten by Kim Tae-heui and Jang Eun-jae, directed by Jeong Dae-yoon and Kim Sang-ho-III). In "Reborn Rich", he performed enthusiastically as Jin Do-joon, who returned to the youngest grandson of Chairman Jin Yang-cheol and Yoon Hyeon-woo, who is loyal to the owner's family as a problem solver.

"Reborn Rich" which broke the highest ratings in each episode, is adding to the favorable reviews with Song Joong-ki's passionate acting without holes, his close-fitting characters, and Lee Sung-min's fantastic chemistry. Song Joong-ki, one of the actors with an outstanding vision, reigned as a major shareholder in each work, showing his presence as an unrivaled 'entertainment king' in his home turf.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Hancinema

Soompi & Viki Staff Talk: What Was Your Favorite K-Drama In 2022?

For 2022’s final edition of the “Soompi & Viki Staff Talk” series, some of our staff members talk about our favorite K-dramas from the past year.

Check out our picks below!

Warning: minor spoilers ahead

Ginny: “Reborn Rich

reborn-rich-4.jpeg

My favorite drama of the year is “Reborn Rich.” Yoon Hyun Woo (Song Joong Ki) used to be a devoted and loyal secretary to the Jin family but gets betrayed by the family and framed for embezzlement. He gets killed by the family but is somehow brought back to life as the family’s youngest son Jin Do Joon. He decides to take revenge and buys the company Soonyang from his grandfather Jin Yang Chul (Lee Sung Min). It’s interesting to see how Jin Do Joon makes decisions while knowing what will happen in the world. Plus Lee Sung Min and Song Joong Ki showcased phenomenal

acting, perfectly transforming into their characters. It is a definitely a drama not worth missing out on!

Watch “Reborn Rich” below:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

*** The year that just ended was all about finally seeing a number of movies that began production prior to the pandemic. Despite better-than-expected ticket sales, having so many options to watch comfortably at home led many film buffs and moviegoers to stay inside. Song Jung-ki will make an appearance on the silver screen with two new projects : “Bogota: City of the Lost” and “Hwaran,” which just wrapped up a few weeks ago.  :kaching1:

10 Most Popular Netflix Programs Currently In Korea (Based On January 3, 2022 Data)

netflix-program-ranking-most-popular-jan

1. "The Glory

2. "Alchemy of Souls: Light And Shadow

3. "Reborn Rich"

4. "Single's Inferno

5. "Red Balloon"

6. "Wednesday"

7. "Mr. Sunshine"

8. "Hospital Playlist"

9. "I'm Solo"

10. "Mr. Trot" 

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/10-most-popular-netflix-programs-currently-in-korea-based-on-january-3-2022-data/

*** Actor Kim Nam Hee will appear as a guest on “Radio Star” to talk about his time living as Jin Sung Joon of “Reborn Rich.” The show airs TONIGHT, January 4th, and will also feature Kwon Sang Woo, Lee Min Jung, Kim Nam Hee and Yoo Sun Ho as “Hot actors from rich families.”  He shared, “People around me recognize me as the eldest son of ‘Reborn Rich’,” adding that he does realize his high popularity after the drama ends. In this episode, he will share various stories on the scene of the drama through this show. He surprised the 4 MCs by confessing his real age, saying, “Song Joong Ki, who appears as my younger brother in the drama, is actually older than me."   :sweet:

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20230103130348770

Staff Picks: Our Favorite K-Dramas of 2022

2022 was another year filled with amazing K-drama releases. Out of the countless Korean dramas that came our way this year, here are the favorites that the allkpop staff loved the most!

Paul's Pick: Reborn Rich

Well, to be honest, I only watched two K-dramas in 2022, so it was between this and 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo.' Both dramas started off strong, but unfortunately, they both lost steam toward the end. The two dramas also had extraordinary acting by two actors (Park Eun Bin as Woo Young Woo and Lee Jung Min as Jin Yang Cheol). The main difference was the storyline for 'Reborn Rich' seemed a bit more interesting, and it also had better supporting characters, so that's why I chose 'Reborn Rich' as my favorite K-drama of 2022.

source : Allkpop

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2023/01/staff-picks-our-favorite-k-dramas-of-2022

*** On Weibo, a source revealed that Song Joong Ki and his girlfriend celebrated the New Year together at Times Square, New York. The source added that he secretly flew to New York with his girlfriend on December 28, and the couple chose

Times Square as the place to celebrate their first New Year together.   :popcornjackson:

________________________________________________________________________________________________

10 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Agency shares that JoHanchul is positively reviewing offer to star in upcoming movie adaptation of novel "I Met Ro Kiwan". Jo's Vincenzo & RebornRich co-star, SongJoongki, is in talks to act as leading character Ro Kiwan

@backstreetboysfan  thanks for sharing this. This means that Song Joong Ki is working with this actor for the 3rd time already, following “Vincenzo” and “Reborn Rich”. Song Joong Ki will play a North Korean defector in “Ro Ki Wan”. Currently, aside from “Ro Ki Wan”, Song Joong Ki’s low-budget film “Hwaran”, which was filmed with no guarantee, is about to be released.   :kaching1:

*** 'Reborn Rich,' which garnered much popularity when it first aired was chosen as the drama with the worst ending by viewers and I'm one of them - hahaha - DC Inside, a community portal site, conducted a survey of 'What is the most memorable drama with the worst ending?' and announced the results yesterday, January 9. The poll was held online for a total of 7 days from January 2 to the 8th. According to the results, 'Reborn Rich' came in 1st place. ENA's 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' came in second place followed by tvN's 'Twenty-Five Twenty-One' in third place. Out of a total of 20,497 votes, 'Reborn Rich' took 6,857 votes (34%). The viewers were greatly disappointed and criticized the

ending of the drama, which was different from the original web novel.   :rubchin:   I know some people liked it.

It was indeed one of the oddest endings conceived, but not that horrible just disappointing.

1673305936-untitled-1.jpg

1673306295-image.png

The 25 Most Popular Korean Entertainment Topics At The End Of 2022, Based On Wikipedia

There have been a lot of huge K-Dramas lately!

rqYzz061HJsL83Pk7R6DB25iZQHs3l8OsUr4SJRK

With K-Pop and Korean entertainment becoming more popular worldwide, there are countless Wikipedia articles on various topics related to them, from individual idols and K-Pop groups to K-Dramas, actors, and athletes, and everything in between. Using WikiProject Korea, it’s easy to see which topics are trending among netizens based on how many views different articles are earning over a period of time.

Here are the 25 most-viewed Wikipedia pages related to Korean entertainment for the entire month of December 2022!

7. Song Joong Ki

In December, this article received 250.7k total views (averaging about 8.1k views per day). Here is what it opens up with:

“Song Joong Ki is a South Korean actor. He rose to fame in the historical coming-of-age drama Sungkyunkwan Scandal (2010) and the variety show Running Man (2010–2011) as one of the original cast members. Since then, he has played a diverse spectrum of roles in the television series The Innocent Man (2012), Descendants of the Sun (2016), Arthdal Chronicles (2019), Vincenzo (2021), and Reborn Rich (2022), as well as the hit films A Werewolf Boy (2012), The Battleship Island (2017), and Space Sweepers (2021).”

1. Reborn Rich

In December, this article received 680.0k total views (averaging about 21.9k views per day). Here is what it opens up with:

Reborn Rich is a 2022 South Korean television series adapted from the original web novel of the same name, starring Song Joong Ki, Lee Sung Min, and Shin Hyun Been. Reborn Rich received audience acclaim, with its final episode recording 26.9% nationwide ratings, the second highest-rated drama in Korean cable television history in both viewership ratings and number of viewers.”

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/korean-entertainment-popular-topics-end-2022-based-wikipedia/

*** Song Joong Ki’s latest appearance at Incheon airport on January 9.  He just returned to Korea after finishing his schedule at the 2023 Golden Disc Awards in Thailand. I always love him when he's in a casual, basic outfit. I noticed that Song Joong Ki’s outfit upon his arrival is also the same outfit he wore when he departed for Thailand to attend the 2023 Golden Disc Awards on January 5, or is it just me? Only the cap was different. He dresses humbly.  

:Woah:

To Thailand -

Song-Joong-Ki-airport-2-09012023-1-598x1

Song-Joong-Ki-airport-2-09012023-3.webp

Back to Korea -

Song-Joong-Ki-airport-2-09012023-4.webp

photos source : https://kenh14.vn/tai-san-nghin-ty-song-joong-ki-lai-qua-gian-di-nhin-trang-phuc-o-san-bay-truoc-va-sau-khi-du-grammy-han-la-du-hieu-20230109122023447.chn

• Like 1