Make Up Must Haves

Guest michikosashimi

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest des_ire

Gowoonsesang BB Cream(addicted to this stuff, can't live without it :P )

PP(Lancome)

Shu Uemura eyelash curler

Too Faced Mascara

Chapstick(hate hate dry lips :tongue2: )

Guest Daiquiri

Concealer- for those days when an unwanted blemish pops up.

Chapstick/Lip gloss- To keep your lips moisturized, crusty dried lips are gross.

Mascara- Preferably one that volumizes and lengthens your lashes. IMO drugstore brands can be just as good as the high-end department store brands.

Eyelash curler- Shiseido or Shu Uemura. They do wonders in opening up your eyes.

Tweezers- You have to maintain and groom your brows!

A good rule of thumb is keep it simple. Go extravagant for the night time but for the day time you should always look fresh and simple.

Guest THEPROCRASTINATOR

MAKEUP MUST HAVES:

-Mascara: Lancome or Mac

-Eyeliner/Glitter Eyeliner or EyeShadow: Black/White Tawainese

-Blush/Lips: Bobbi Brown: Lips & Cheeks/Nars: Blush or Lancome: Blush/Burt's Bee Chapstick/Lip moisturized: Dior

-Foundation: BB CREAM (DR. JART)

Guest msj1nstar

-hanskin bb cream

-cream eyeliner

-etude house shine powder thingy ( i forgot what it's called but i <3 it)

-fiberwig mascara

Guest michikosashimi

MAKEUP MUST HAVES:

-Foundation: BB CREAM (DR. JART)

i think BB Cream is a must have :]

im wanting to try my first BB cream.

and i want to order dr. jart :]

Guest bAbO

I think the must-haves really depend on the person because it depends on your skin's flaws and the look you are going for! Also, since you are new to makeup, I say go as minimal and natural as possible because once you start using a lot, it's really hard to go back to using less..! I think almost everyone would agree with me on this one.

If you're going for a very natural look - foundation [if you have to conceal imperfections] or a tinted moisturizer, eyelash curler,

mascara, eyeliner to only to "fill in" the gaps between each of your eyelashes, and a little blush, and lipgloss!

If you don't have a lot to conceal and you have fairly light skin, start with using a BB cream. Personally, BB cream would not be on my must-haves because it has a tendency to make me look washed out..... Test it on your hand first and try to blend it! Korean BB creams come in just one color so it's usually a GO or a NO GO--- if the blended cream looks completely different from the color of your hand, probs not the best option....!

Personally, for me:

- Dior Nude Liquid Foundation and Powder [iF YOU HAVE MONEY TO INVEST, DEFINITELY WORTH BUYING!]

- Eyeliner: Bobby Brown Gel or Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes

- Bronzer/Blush: Need to add life to your cheeks, you don't want to look ghostly!

- Mascara: Lancome Oscillation or Fiberwig

- Chapstick + lipgloss OR lipstick if heavy makeup on the eyes to tone down the color of lips!

Guest lunastelle

Must-haves for makeup for me :

one. Eyeliner.

two. Mascara.

three. Contacts ( not really makeup)

four. Foundation.

five. Eyelash Curler.

[i learned to not use eyeshadow/bush & stuff as much(: ]

Guest yoroshiku90

1) Foundation

2) Eyeliner

3) Mascara

4) Mac's Vanilla Pigment. So versatile.. my makeup staple :]

I don't have much to conceal

Guest Sureyya

hmm..definitely powder to make shiny faces go away (chanel/l'oreal) ! eyeliner (l'oreal) and some sort of lip product (chapstick or gloss) and blusher(dior pro creme, dior shimmer poudre or maybelline mousse)! Definitely moisturise your face first and prime it ready for makeup :D If you want some dramatic mascara dior blackout is AMAZING! ^3^

Guest love-ailing

I can't live without these:

1. Eyebrow pencil

I don't really have much hair on my eyebrow. You barely see it :mellow:

2. Eyetalk glue

I really have small eyes <_<

3. Lipbalm

To keep my lips hydrated :P

For the rest of the make-up... I can live without it

Guest Cakdel

must haves:

foundation (I recommend Revlon color stay. the best foundation i've tried)

eyeliner (pencil/liquid/gel. If you want pencil i suggest Urban Decay Zero. If you want gel, i suggest MAC black track fluid line. I don't really like liquid)

White eyeliner (to brighten and make the eyes appear bigger. I suggest Urban Decay white. a cheaper alternative is Rimmel's white liner)

brushes (at least 2 eyeshadow brushes and 1 large powder brush)

others i suggest is:

mascara, powder foundation ( to set the foundation), primer (so the makeup stays on longer), a bronzer (to contour), and black and white eyeshadow.

Guest jjiwonx3

1. Missha BB cream (i do not like heavy heavy makeup so i use this BB cream)

2. False eyelashes (for the fixed? double eyelid haha)

3. Gel liner

4. Bronzer/ Blush/ Highlighter

5. Mascara

6. Eyeshadow

Guest x_seraphim

1.) Concealer - MAC Studio Sculpt concealer, NC20, to cover up a red/brown acne scar on my cheek. :x

2.) Foundation - DiorSkin Nude liquid foundation = <333, evens out my skintone and is sooooo lightweight, way lighter than the BB creams I've tried and my skin's actually improved since using it (after my BB cream phase ahaha) try using it with a 187 or 188 brush, it really does give an airbrushed finish~

3.) Eyeliner, bobbi brown gel eyeliner (chocolate shimmer) or makeupforever aqua eyes pencil (matte black)

4.) Eyelash curler - shu uemura

5.) Mascara! Right now I use givenchy's phenomen'eyes, but it smudges like crazy after a couple of hours. .__. must find a new one.

usually takes me ~10 mins in the morning. if I had to pick just ONE thing, I'd pick the dior foundation, even though my skin isn't that bad..it just gives such a flawless look!

highlighter + blush aren't really 'must haves,' maybe I just haven't found the right ones? :x

Guest sweetkiss

I think absolute basic bare necessities:

- Eyelash Curler

- Black Mascara

- BB cream / Foundation (I prefer BB cream)

- Sunblock

then:

- Concealer

- Eyeliner / Liquid or gel eyeliner

- Lipstick / Lip gloss

- Blush/Bronzer/Highlighter

finally:

- Eye shadows

Guest hunnii31

since you're new to makeup, going natural is best 'cause you don't wanna go from clean face to super packed on makeup.. that transition doesn't blend too well XD

-BB cream/foundation (whatever's better for your skin type. You can double up your foundation so that it's like a concealer<-spots only)

-setting powder

-mascara

-peachy/baby pink lipgloss

-coral coloured blush

*all the basics of an everyday look i use.

i really recommend benetint though. even though it's a little pricey, it's worth it. it can be a blush and lip stain, so all in all, you look fresh all day and you look naturally flushed

Archived