Make Up Must Haves

Guest michikosashimi

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Stolen_waters

eyeliner, eyelash curler, lip balm, and lip gloss.

When I'm really in a hurry, lazy, or I just want to look natural, those are the only things I use.

Guest erika.march1993

I don't really use make up.

But I do have tons of lipgloss and chapstick, mascara, eyeliner, eyelash curler, and concealer lol. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Guest nanshi

Hm... this is tricky. I'll break it up into two parts...

What I think are essentials and what every girl should have ready whether or not she uses them (what I use are in parentheses):

- Black & d.Brown eyeliners (L'Oreal HiP Cream Eyeliners in Black & Brown)

- Neutral eyeshadows -- preferably in a color-coordinated palette. A good palette will have colors that you can use alone and be successful or pair together for a more complex look (Wet n Wild MegaEyes Trio in Egyptian Sands or Belgian Chocolates, the second one is darker for people with darker skintones).

- Black eyeshadow (ULTA Eyeshadow in Sin City)

- A highlighter suitable for highlighting all over your face. You don't want one just for cheeks and then another for eyes, etc (NARS Albatross. I can't recommend this enough. It even looks gorgeous as an eyeshadow!)

- Concealer (Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette)

- Some kind of foundation (Silk Naturals Mineral Foundation in Medium Coverage).

- Proper brushes (I use an assortment, but I think it's necessary to have at least one good eyeshadow brush, powder, blush, and kabuki-style)

- Lipcolors -- pick your formulation, if you prefer lipstick, stain, or gloss -- in pink, red, nude, and a neutral "my lips but better" (MLBB) tone.

- Vaseline, because you never know when you might need it.

- Blush (I have an assortment, but make sure you have at least ONE that suits your skintone and actually brightens up your face properly)

- Contour color (NYC Matte Bronzer in Sunny)

- Some type of lash-enhancing item (I hate mascara so I use false lashes+eyelash curler, but this is rather necessary).

- Translucent/loose powder for setting (NYC Loose Powder in Translucent).

What I really consider essential from day-to-day:

- Foundation, get a good coverage one so that you can go without concealer if necessary.

- Vaseline/lip balm

- highlighter

(and yes, that's usually the makeup that I wear. Sometimes I'll skip highlighter too if I don't have the time or the energy. As you can see, I like to keep things light)

Guest retro!blue

It all depends on what you're wanting to achieve with getting into makeup. You want to hide your imperfections/excentuate your good features? Just something simple and fun for everyday or do you want to take it a step further and use it as a way of creative expression?

Generally what you're going to need is a good foundation, something with good coverage that won't have you breaking out. For that I recommend MAC Studio Sculpt, or if you're on a budget try going for Revon ColorStay Foundation. Don't forget to get it in the correct shade to your skintone or a shade lighter if you're going for that pale look. You're also going to need a good blush, but that's up to you with colors and so on. For lashes: a lash curler and mascara. Mascara is a tough one and they work differently on different people depending on what kind of lashes you have. A current favorite among make-up artists seems to be Maybelline Lash Blast. Lips: You'll need something to keep them moisturized.. so you'll need a good balm. Something like Carmex/Blistex is always good, unless you want to add some color to your lips I'd go for a tinted lipgloss/balm. Those are pretty much the basics. If you want to get into eye-shadow, that's also more up to you and what kind of look you want to achieve. Pick out the colors that you like that will work for you. When going for more vibrant colors I highly recommend getting a Primer to use underneath your eyeshadow like Urban Decay Primer Potion or Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Products like these will help minimize creasing and help make eyeshadow colors pop and last longer.

I hope that helps! If you need any other tips/advice or if you have any other questions I'd be glad to help!

Guest Jasmine ♥

Concealer - conceal those dark circles or acne scars

Blush- makes you look healthier

Powder- to se the concealer

Mascara & Eyeliner- makes ur eyes bigger :]

those are my must haves...

Guest illumine*

sorry for the stupid question haha, but what does bbcream do ?

It's foundation with supposed health benefits (eg. whitening, sunscreen, etc.)

Anyway, I'll try to cut down my list in half. And since I tend to place make up and skincare into one category, I've included that too.

1. Moisturizer (It's a must that doesn't need additional details.) / I use and switch between Laneíge Pore Trouble Emulsion & Charmzone Skin Milk Essence.

2. Foundation/BB Cream (I need to conceal my skin's uneven tone.) / I use and switch between Dr. Jart+ Silver BB Cream & DiorSkin Nude.

3. Lip balm (Can't have flaky, dry lips.) / I use Open Sundaes lipbalm.

4. Eyeshadow - white & champagne (To make me look awake when I feel blah.) / I use Etude House Tear Drop Liner & Annabelle single eyeshadow in Gleam.

5. Mascara (To further make it look like I'm wide awake.) / My staple: Shiseido Majolica Majorca Lash Expander.

and lastly but optional at most times, 6. Blush (To offset the 2d effect that just-foundation gives.) / I frequently use Nars Orgasm.

Guest kat*

Foundation : BB Cream <3

Face cream : Anything with an SPF with at least 15 !

Mascara :Max factor false lash effect & Eyeko

Lip balm: Blistex Lip conditioner

Others : Blotting paper & a good face powder to matte my oily skin

Guest Meletta

I can't live without my unstoppable maybelline eyeliner and cherry carmex <3 *_*

(I literally wouldn't walk into a public place w/out eyeliner -_-)

other things that are great though:

-bb cream

-lashblast waterproof mascara

-nyx feltliner

-mac lipgloss <3

you know... when i think about it, i don't mind not having any make-up at all.

but i know in the future, when i'm in a proper working environment, and not just college where we all wear comfy clothes and have clean faces, what i will probably not be able to go without might be

Mascara

lipstick/gloss

foundation

and a pencil for either eyeliner and eyebrows

Guest daniikittie

MUFE HD Invisible Cover Liquid Foudation (:

i don't even need any concealer when i use it :lol:

Guest JAMIECHOI

Assuming that skincare is not included in the question, I'll say:

Primer (You don't want your face to melt off during the summer)

Powder Foundation, like Benefit Hello Flawless. In the summer, liquid foundation might be too heavy. Powder foundations are like foundation in powder form.

Pencil liner just to like the top and bottom lashline. It's summer, so you don't want to go out with a full face of makeup on (especially during the day).

Mascara

Tint for cheeks and eyes, such as Benefit Posietint of Skin Food Lip & Cheek

Guest shadesofpink

The make up which will make me pretty,

Maskara

face powder

lipgloss

eyeliner

blush on

I'm not using concealer

Guest viviennexlove

clinique moisture surge moisturizer

clinique t-zone shine control (primer)

edm concealer

edm foundation

edm blush

rimmel mascara

Guest rockstar_baby

Nars bronzer, concealer, MAC blush in Foolish Me, eyelash curler and a waterproof mascara

Archived