[drama 2009] Partner 파트너

Guest ripgal

Just finished watching EP4. Big thanks to all the subbers who provide us non Korean with oppotunities to appreciate the drama. You guys rock!!! :D

As for the drama itself, I think it's getting more and more exciting by the episode. I like the nature of the second case. Can't wait to see how or whether they'll win the case.

One let down for me, though. As much as I like Kim Hyun Joo (I dare say I'm a big fan of hers), her character as a lawyer frustrates me. She's too emotional and looks unprofessional in court. The way she interrupts Tae Jo while questioning a witness so the judge finds them in contempt is just unacceptable. As I watched the first couple episodes, I tried to defend her actions as she's a newbie. I hope Eun Ho will grow to be more professional and rational as the drama progresses.

I like Lee Dong Wook's Tae Jo character a lot. Like many of you mentioned, he's super cute and funny. :blush:

Guest lucky_moon

I finished Ep4, EH & her foolishness she ruined everything TJ planning to as the witness, she's so emotional & can't hold it back to see how things will go, her big mistake is that she follow her emotion sometime more than her mind, well maybe she's still a newbie & need more experience..

I have a question regarding EH son disease, what is it exactly? cuz she was blaming herself I thought it was some hereditary disease he might got it either from his mother or his father ( since they didn't mention about how his father dead cuz of sickness or something else, that's why she was so emotional when she saw the murderer son on the hospital, also when she was drunk she said that the pain of having a sick son is more painful than having it yourself cuz it shattered your heart, after all she is a mother & what she said was out of experience..

Guest twistedmind

Yeah I think its her 1st drama. And I have to agree with you also, her acting isn't that great. She has one facial expression <-- don't really know how to describe it, but I think that her facial expressions are lacking something. They could have chosen a better actress. I hope her acting improves as the episodes progress.

Exactly, exactly! One facial expressions which is not really effective. She's just the "pretty face" of the show. Tss.

Anyway, can anyone please explain to me the situation of Eun Ho's son? I'm a bit confused about it. What's exactly the condition or sickness of her son? :huh:

wow thanks WITHS2 for the subs.. Im almost done with ep.4 I would say I enjoyed watching ep.3 its so funny, poor TJ he got dumped... Does he doesnt have any idea that his brother and Lawyer Han are still seeing each other...

EH is just a dedicated Lawyer.... they are good partner.. she always caught him with girls ahhahha..

Guest corabika2013

i love the scene in the court ep4

when tj told that woman he one of her fans

just i love tj facial expressions

Yes, I agree Honey Lee has only one facial expression (and that irritated me a lot). I don't agree with someone above about KHJ character. That's the only way to make her opposite to LDW's and there will be gradual change in both KHJ and LDW 's characters through the film.That's why layers have partners.

Guest hunan4321

I very much like to watch this drama.Also like this forum. . . Getting better and better hope here.

OST of this drama is very very good.

Guest xXsmilesXx

Just finish ep.4, and gets getting better.

can't wait to see how the case is carry out.

btw i love lee dong wook's character, he's so

amusing. but some of the characters acting

are a little bit disappointing. i hope the acting gets better.

Guest shamien7

thank you for all who help subbing this drama...i can never thank you all enough. god bless u! :lol:

I hate the way Honey do the sarcastic and playing some flirty when she's with TJ's brother, I noticed that she has the same face expression..

Just finished watching ep 4.. how sad when EH son's got sicked.. poor EH hope she will happy again the case is not that easy to handle coz both brothers are involved and plus the Lawyer Han is also involved around the 2 brothers...

The actress is playing a disgusting role, imagine, she needs to admit to the hospital what a lousy trick is that....I hope EH son's will never involved in this situation especailly now the son is hospitalized..

excited to see ep.5 coz finally TJ will caught them that they are still together ...

Guest MZ_HANNAH

i'm really enjoying this drama and am slowly getting hooked. i like the story line and of course the character selection. kim hyun joo, as always, is wonderful...i'm actually liking honey lee's character. i know majority of you think she can't act, but hey give her a break it's her first drama! i think she's doing exceptionally well, and her b!tchy character matches her. very pretty, mysterious, and i like her relationship with lee byun's older brother. curious to see how this drama will escalate the love story of both the main characters :)

Guest zacey

finished episode 3 and 4 over the weekend... so far, i can only say its the cases that intriguing me... but there was a loose end for first case rite? if the guy is not guilty, the responsibility should be on the glass manufacturer... isnt that why the glass manufacturer went to seek help from the brother initially? why wasnt this explained anymore??? case closed??? <_<

ohh... and i do agree... Honey Lee needs to improve more on her acting skills.. but lets give her more time.. afterall, its only 4 episodes... she may not got into the mood yet... :P

KHJ is a amateur lawyer and thats shows in her actions and behaviour... it can be ridiculous to some extent... but i guess LDW and his brother should be criticised more for shouting at each other in the court... they are experienced lawyers but cant contain their composure?? <_<

Guest Fallin_st4rz

Have to agree with this one. I'm not sure if we're on the same boat but Honey Lee's acting isn't working for me. Is this her first drama? She got the looks but not really the talent to act. :mellow:

her acting still abit raw imo, i dont buy her staring look either- its quite annoyin while it shud be sexc. I find KHJ more attractive :)

Guest gelato

does anybody know what they said in the preview?

synopsis of ep 5: The older brother uses his skill to turn the defense witness' testimony inadmissible. EH is then locked up for contempt of court. In the face of a seemingly defeat at trial, EH feels helpless.

On the other hand, TJ witnesses the secret meeting between his brother and Honey Lee. Acting irrationally, he puts up a fight with his brother but he is punched to the floor. However, Honey Lee (forgets her role's name) only stands by his brother side and looks away coldly. EH, who witnesses the whole scene, takes care of a desperate TJ who feels like being plunged into hell.

Poor TJ! Where has your wisdom gone? You should be smart enough to know who deserves your love and who's not.

'The Partner’ Drawing Growing Attention

The new KBS2 legal drama “The Partner” has been receiving a good response, with its viewing rates increasing.

In the third episode on July 1, Kang Eun-ho (Kim Hyun-joo) and her partner Lee Tae-jo (Lee Dong-wook) won their first case together where a brother was suspected of killing his half-sister.

103_312_l.jpg

Scenes from the third episode of “The Partner”

The case showed that the two can be perfect partners, as Eun-ho approaches a case with a warm and sincere heart and Tae-jo uses cool-headedness to secure evidence. They succeeded in convincing the jury that the defendant Jeong Jae-ho killed his sister by accident when everyone else believed that he committed the crime on purpose, thereby leading the jury to deliver a “not guilty” verdict.

Eun-ho said in the last proceeding, “The law I know is not something hideous that creates innocent victims but something benevolent that listens to and cares for people falsely accused. We should not create even one innocent victim even if that means having 10 criminals on the loose, and the defendant Jeong Jae-ho is the very ‘one’ man we can save.”

Her line demonstrates the purpose of the drama -- to depict lawyers who people want, that is, those who work for justice rather than money or fame and put finding the truth before anything else.

103_313_l.jpg

Scenes from the third episode of “The Partner”

The performance of An Seok-hwan playing Jae-ho’s father also caught viewers’ attention. When he said, sobbing, “I want him to get punishment, but please forgive him. I feel hatred toward both the one who was killed and the one who killed. But they are all my children,” it touched the hearts of not only jurors in the drama but also viewers.

Viewers wrote messages on the drama’s web board, saying, “I shuddered to watch An’s performance. It just made me cry with him,” “The drama gets more and more interesting with speedy development and a well-structured story,” and “It’s like watching a real court case.”

The fourth episode on July 2 also kept viewers engaged as it pitted Tae-jo against his brother Young-woo (Choi Chul-ho) in a case where a secretary of an executive at a large company was murdered.

“The Partner” airs on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 9:55 p.m.

Writer: KBSi Jin Yeong-joo

Credit : KBS Global

Exactly, exactly! One facial expressions which is not really effective. She's just the "pretty face" of the show. Tss.

HONEY LEE..... perhaps that's the result of her major facial plastic surgery. I saw an old photo of her ...it's so different from her face now...they say that if one had facial surgery, expressions of the face are limited and stiff...poor her. :blink:

Archived