[jdorama Summer 2009] Gakeppuchi No Hero (buzzer Beat)

Tomohisa Yamash*ta (Yamapi), Kitagawa Keiko, Ito Hideaki, Aibu Saki
Upcoming Yamapi new drama with Keiko!!

Monday at 9. Fuji TV. Starts July 2009.

Tentative title : Buzzer Beat ~ Gakeppuchi no Hero ~

Yamapi Tomohisa : Honest, straightforward guy who works for a basketball club. In basketball, work and love, when it comes down to the crunch, turns out to be a timid guy. Falls in love with Keiko.

Keiko Kitagawa : A cheerful, positive and headstrong girl.

Ito Hideaki : Coach of Yamapi's basketball team and later a love rival.

Aibu Saki : Yamapi's girlfriend.

Mizobata Junpei : Yamapi's colleague.

Other cast members : Kaneko Nobuaki, Maya Miki, Nagai Masaru, Kanjiya Shiori.

Comment from Yamapi:

"It's about basketball and a love story. I want to make a cheerful and enjoyable drama that would make people who watch it feel like doing their best the next day too."

unleashthegeek

Yamapi, Keiko Kitagawa co-star in next "Getsu 9" drama

Fri, May 22, 2009 (1:49am EDT)

NEWS member Tomohisa Yamapi has the lead role in Fuji TV's upcoming Monday night drama series, tentatively titled "Buzzer Beat ~Gakeppuchi no Hero~." His female lead this time is actress Keiko Kitagawa, who graduated from Meiji University's School of Commerce one year after he did.

The love story has Yamapi playing a salaryman who belongs to his company's basketball team. Despite his appearance, he is completely weak under pressure when it comes to work and romance. Although he has a girlfriend (Saki Aibu), he falls in love with a spirited and cheerful woman who is unable to be straightforward (Kitagawa).

Shihori Kanjiya plays Kitagawa's friend, while Hideaki Ito serves as Yamapi's rival in love. Junpei Mizobata, Nobuaki Kaneko, Miki Maya, and Masaru Nagai are also part of the supporting cast.

Yamapi's only experience with basketball so far is in classes at school, so he is undergoing special training for two weeks. "Buzzer Beat" premieres in July.

tokyograph

(for some reason when I put yamapi full name it change into something else so I have to put Yamapi instead :sweatingbullets:

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest .:daRkwinGs:.

ohh....

i can't wait for a yamapi movie.

this sounds similar to a manga.

still i can't wait to hear more about it.

Guest sungified

Yes! Another Yamapi drama. You have no idea how long I have been waiting to see him act again. And this time it's with Keiko too. Can't wait to watch it.

Guest K_a_n

I've been waiting forever to see Yamapi starring in another drama as well. The cast looks like it'll make the drama interesting.

wow I thought it was just a rumor! With Keiko too?!!! ... ;):lol:

I'm really looking forward to this, crossing my fingers and toes and wishing Pi the best. Fighting!!!!! Fighting to the cast and crew! Hope the script/production will be wonderful!

Guest goodnessgracious

I am not a fan of Yamapi's acting, but he sure is an eye candy. Keiko is awesome all around and so is Junpei. I hate Aibu Saku though. Overall, this drama sound good. Lets wait and see.

Guest Chakra'ca

I'm watching this strictly for Ito Hideaki, I hope even though he's not the lead that he'll get a lot of screen time...but I don't really see how he can be Yamapi's love rival. There's a bit of an age difference there, and they're just so different that to me it's kind of weird casting but either way I'm happy that he's in something new.

Guest miki_chan

Finally, another drama with Yamapi. Haha, this drama seems interesting enough for me to watch.

Basketball~

Guest xtehdeb

yay yamapi<3

i've been waiting for another drama of his. i hope he has good hair in this lol

keiko is also in this too! (:

Guest strawberrynkiwi

i was surprise that they would cast Pi and Keiko together, because of the rumours.

but im definitely excited for this, since Code Blue was terrible and i want to see Pi and Keiko's chemistry.

on top of all that, i like aibu saki too.

Guest Gork

yay yamapi! can't wait, hope its a cute drama! ^_^ he better have good hair too, LOL. I can't stand that curly do he's been sporting for awhile >.< i didn't know that keiko was one of his rumored gfs though, ahaha :sweatingbullets:

Guest nghister

I wonder how awkward it is on set .. considering yamapi's female costars.. hahaha

Sounds like a fun drama and more of something within yamapi's acting range =x Can't wait to watch! =]

Guest bunNyarmy

Yay! Finally!
:D

I've been waiting so long for Yamapi to be in a new drama!

I wonder what they're going to do to his hair..

I hope they get rid of that hideous perm hahah <3

Guest coconut husk

I'm very curious to see whether keiko & Pi's offscree chemistry will translate onscreen ^^

I am not a fan of Yamapi's acting, but he sure is an eye candy. Keiko is awesome all around and so is Junpei. I hate Aibu Saku though. Overall, this drama sound good. Lets wait and see.

well, I love her and I hate that she's playing second fiddle. but oh well, she chose this project so she probably doesn't mind.

the plot isn't interesting, tbh. but maybe it's just lame in plain writing. I like Yamapi so I'll check out the first episode. He was okay in Code Blue but the storyline didnt hold my interest at all. here's hoping that this one's gonna be okay. Ito, though, is a guaranteed good actor.

Guest Maia-chan

well, I love her and I hate that she's playing second fiddle. but oh well, she chose this project so she probably doesn't mind.

the plot isn't interesting, tbh. but maybe it's just lame in plain writing. I like Yamapi so I'll check out the first episode. He was okay in Code Blue but the storyline didnt hold my interest at all. here's hoping that this one's gonna be okay. Ito, though, is a guaranteed good actor.

I like Aibu Saki in Zettai Kareshi, and Kitagawa Keiko has a certain charm. I'm not a Yamapi fan though, so I'm going to try watching this for the actresses and Ito Hideaki. having Mizobata Junpei in there as well is a plus.

Archived