Macross!!

Guest HKS457

Guest HKS457

so anyone seen this anime?
sdf-macross-01.jpg
i just finished macross 7, i seen other macross title before, but not that actual anime, like macross plus, but i have no idea if they are related at all or anything...

can anyone fill me in on this?
Plot:

Macross (マクロス Makurosu?) is a series of science fiction mecha anime, created by Shōji Kawamori of Studio Nue in 1982. The franchise features a fictional history of Earth/Humanity after the year 1999. It consists of three TV series, four movies, six OVAs, one light novel and five manga series, all sponsored by Big West Advertising.

Within the series, the term Macross is used to denote the main capital ship. This theme began in the original Macross, the SDF-1 Macross.

Overtechnology refers to the scientific advances discovered in an alien starship (Alien Star Ship - One later renamed Super Dimension Fortress - One Macross) that crashed on South Ataria island. With this technology, Earth was able to reverse engineer the technology to create the mecha (variable fighters and destroids), faster-than-light space fold drive for starships and other advanced technologies that the series features.

macross-anniversary.jpg

macross_flashback_by_christiankaw-d51zfw

macross-2-poster.jpg

Guest Take Five

i think macross 7 and 2 are alternate universe...not completely sure though. i haven't watched any macross yet. it's best to look it up on wiki.

Guest Golden Zeta Gundam

ive seen Macross Zero and abit of 7

Macross 7 is after the war between those other Aliens , its the 2nd Series i think

and Macross Zero is the most recent made series , but its timeline is before all of the series of the Macross Saga

favourite fighter in all of Macross is the SV-51 in Macross Zero , that thing is better then Sex and Choclate(though i hate choclate)

Guest firelogic

I've watched:

Super Dimensional Fortress Macross

Macross: Do You Remember Love

Macross Plus

Macross Zero

You really should watch the granddaddy of Macross, SDF. It's still great and stands up pretty well despite being an 80's anime. Skull 1 FTW!!

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I've watched all of the Robotech generations, but I still like the Macross Saga the best....after the first one, things just got messier and messier.

Macross: Do You Remember Love was also done pretty nicely, although they made Minmay seem much nicer in there..........but I like the graphics here.

I wanna watch Macross Plus and Macross 7, even though my favorite couple are divorced in there.....boo.

Guest MUGETSU

I've watched all of the Robotech generations, but I still like the Macross Saga the best....after the first one, things just got messier and messier.

Macross: Do You Remember Love was also done pretty nicely, although they made Minmay seem much nicer in there..........but I like the graphics here.

I wanna watch Macross Plus and Macross 7, even though my favorite couple are divorced in there.....boo.

Robotech doesn't follow the same line as Macross DYRL, Macross Plus, and Macross 7!

That's why it got messier for you!

Robotech is the American version with the Macross Saga being the first part. They took 2 other animes, Southern Cross and Mospeada to make the 2nd and 3rd part of the Robotech series. They made a Robotech 2 but it was canceled with only a few episodes. The movie Robotech Shadow Chronicles is a part of this anime line.

Macross is the Japanese version and has nothing to do with the 2nd and 3rd parts of Robotech. They only took this Japanese Macross and remade it into an English Robotech and added 2 parts to it. Before Macross is Macross Zero, after Macross is DYRL, the Flashback 2012, then Macross Plus, then Macross 7, then Dynamite 7, then this upcoming one called Frontier. There's a movie called Macross 2: Lovers Again, but that's in an alternate timeline of Macross and isn't considered part of the actual series.

lol

now go watch it the right way!

----

edit: actually I might have interpreted your first line the wrong way... lol tell me if I did.

Robotech doesn't follow the same line as Macross DYRL, Macross Plus, and Macross 7!

That's why it got messier for you!

Robotech is the American version with the Macross Saga being the first part. They took 2 other animes, Southern Cross and Mospeada to make the 2nd and 3rd part of the Robotech series. They made a Robotech 2 but it was canceled with only a few episodes. The movie Robotech Shadow Chronicles is a part of this anime line.

Macross is the Japanese version and has nothing to do with the 2nd and 3rd parts of Robotech. They only took this Japanese Macross and remade it into an English Robotech and added 2 parts to it. Before Macross is Macross Zero, after Macross is DYRL, the Flashback 2012, then Macross Plus, then Macross 7, then Dynamite 7, then this upcoming one called Frontier. There's a movie called Macross 2: Lovers Again, but that's in an alternate timeline of Macross and isn't considered part of the actual series.

lol

now go watch it the right way!

----

edit: actually I might have interpreted your first line the wrong way... lol tell me if I did.

Yes, I do know that the storylines are different, but thanks for the explanation anyway. I do plan to watch them once I can somehow get my hands on them.

I'll just stick with the American version where Max and Miriya don't divorce and only have 2 kids, the first of which had green hair at first but somehow turned into the annoying yellow-haired heroine of the second parts. I lost interest in Robotech after the first part.

Macross: DYRL.....actually, I thought it followed the storyline of Macross saga pretty well. They still made Minmay too nice there.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest MUGETSU

Macross Flashback 2012 finally on DVD!

Thanks to the 25th Anniversary of Macross!

Woo! Region 2 though I'll def buy it when I have money, along with the remastered DYRL

Guest MUGETSU

^^ yea its a bunch of music videos with new scenes that were originally going to be put into the series and movie (launch of the Megaroad 1 and Minmay's last concert on Earth before leaving.

i wish we could find out what happened to the megaroad. they never told us!

with Frontier it seems like maybe the Megaroad was attacked by the same things that attacked the Frontier (that's why the president was like "they're here" and the other guy was like "they're finally here".) w/e that means. lol i read that outta somewhere.

you can watch them on youtube. tons of fans of macross on there. even spanish fans! they have ai oboetimasuka sung in spanish hahaha

Archived