sub01_img01.jpg

sub01_img02.jpg

sub01_img03.jpg

sub01_img04.jpg

sub01_img05.jpg

sub01_img06.jpg

Ji Jin Hee Character Description (KOREAN):

독립해서 사무소를 운영하고 있는 건축가.

프로 정신을 갖고 꼼꼼히 일하는 타입이긴 하지만 성격이 비딱하며 빈정거리기를 좋아한다. 본인의 작품세계에 철저하고 확고한 미의식도 있어 다른 사람이 참견하는 것을 싫어한다. 문제는 그가 하는 일이 집짓는 일이라는 것. 내 돈 내고 내 집 짓는데 참견 한다 욕먹으면서 참아낼 클라이언트가 있겠는가. 억울하여 눈물 흘린 클라이언트도 몇 된다는 소문이다.

한 마디로 말본새가 더러운 그는 대화를 나누는 상대방이 이성을 잃고 흥분하게 만드는 묘한 재주가 있다.

그가 성질이 다혈질이라 욱한 성격으로 타인에게 험한 말을 하는 것은 아니다. 가만 들어보면 그의 말이 틀리지는 않으나 솔직해서 불쾌하고 품어도 될 말을 사뿐히 뱉어 버리는 것이 문제다. 타인과 잘 지낼 수 있는 의외로 간단한 상식들이 그에게는 없다.

자기만의 캡슐에 쌓여있는 사람. 세상 어느 곳에 던져놔도 따로이 겉돌며 혼자 즐거운 인간형. 일방통행 대화방식. 타인에 대한 의식이 전혀 없는 행동양식. 대기자 바글바글한 고기 집에서 6인용 테이블 독차지하고 조금의 초조함도 없이 완벽한 식사를 즐길 수 있는 놀라운 성격의 소유자.

지식 뽐내기를 즐기는 그는 재미있어 미치겠는 세상 상식을 늘어놓으며 상대를 밟는다. 유머러스하다고 자부하는 그의 농담에 상처받아 쓰러지는 상대가 있다는 사실은 꿈에도 모른다. 본인은 정작 돌아서서 자기가 던진 유머, 그 넘치는 재치를 감탄 탄복해 마지않는다. 학창시절 십중팔구 따돌림의 대상이었을 그이지만 자기가 왕따였음도 눈치 채지 못 했을 만큼 무섭게 타인에게 관심이 없는 사람.

Uhm Jung Hwa Character Description (KOREAN):

조재희의 매제 박광남이 부원장으로 있는 중간 규모 병원 내과의.

약혼경험은 있지만 실패한 뒤 연애에 별 관심 없이 지내던 그녀. 이제 좀 관심을 가져볼까 했더니 남자들이 그녀에게 별 관심 없어 보인다.

주름이 잡아내려 울상이 되어가는 얼굴. 20년을 유지해 온 체중임에도 하루하루 망가지는 옷태. 의사인 그녀가 능력이 부족해서 변해가는 외모를 마냥 두는 것이 아니다. 고급화장품으로도 미친 헬스질로도 가려지지 않는 그것들이 온몸에 뚝뚝 흐르는 나이가 되었을 뿐이다.

결혼에 초조하지는 않다. 하면 좋고 안하면 그만이다. 혼자가 외로울 시기는 벌써 지나 혼자가 편한 단계로 넘어가 버린 그녀. 결혼에 대한 푸시를 멈추지 않는 아버지가 귀찮을 뿐이다. 마지못해 맞선자리도 나가보지만 그녀가 바라는 이상형은 여전히 20대에 머물러 있으니 앞에 마주한 남자의 현실이 쉽게 받아들여질 리 없다.

짧은 헤어스타일에 단정하고 편안해 보이는 복장. 고가의 브랜드를 입을지라도 여성성의 과시보다는 내 몸이 기분 좋은 촉감 내 행동에 불편함이 없는 기능적인 디자인 위주로 옷장을 채우게 된다.

아줌마 비슷한 외모에 아저씨들이 즐기는 요리를 선호하고 소녀들이 읽는 만화책을 읽으며 온라인 게임에서 애들과 앞 다투어 아이템 욕심을 내기도 한다. 결혼으로 마땅히 건너야 될 성인의 강을 못 넘고 나이 사십에 접어드는 그녀는 아이이기도 하고 노인네이기도 하고 남성이기도 한 '여성'이다. 독립해서 혼자 산지 몇 년. 그때그때 편한 생활방식만 취사선택하다보니 복합적 인간형이 되어가고 있나보다.

Kim So Eun Character Description (KOREAN):

재희의 이웃. 대학을 졸업하고 이제 막 사회에 발을 들여놓은 여자 아이.

넉넉하지 못한 가정환경으로 학비도 제 돈으로 벌어 쓰고 일찍이 경제 개념이 딱 잡힌 또순이다.

8등신 옷걸이에 예쁘장한 외모로 동대문표 옷도 명품관 품격으로 소화해 내는 그녀. 서울 곳곳에 물건 싸게 살 수 있는 장소를 빠삭하게 꿰고 있다.

되도록 남에게 기대지 않고 제 힘으로 살아 보려는 건강한 사고방식의 안쓰러운 청춘.

유진에게는 3년 된 남자친구 태열이 있다. 처음 사귈 때 그는 샤프하고 지적인 명문대 학생이었지만 지금은 2년째 언론고시에 낙방하고 점점 패배자가 되어가고 있는 백수이다.

요즘 들어 두 사람은 몹시도 자주 다툰다. 취업 눈높이를 낮출 생각이 없는 태열. 언론고시 재수 한답시고 피씨방 당구장을 돌며 한심하게 놀고만 있는 그가 못마땅해 미칠 것 같은 유진. 설상가상 유진이 힘들게 모았던 돈 500만원을 꿔 가서는 갚을 생각도 없어 보인다.

재희의 이웃에 살게 된 연유도 경제사정 때문이었다.

뉴욕으로 발령받아 1년 동안 집을 비우게 되었다는 먼 친척의 소식을 들은 유진은 얼굴도 잘 알지 못하는 그 친척을 찾아갔다. 집을 비우는 동안 그 집에 살게 해 달라고 사정을 해 봤다.

태열이 통장을 가져가 깡그리 날려 버린 지금 한 달에 30씩 나가는 반지하 월세도 그녀에게 너무 부담스러웠던 것이다. 안되면 그만이다 생각으로 찾아갔지만 친척 아저씨는 허락을 해 주었다.

Teaser with english subs added on first post. (uploaded by iBreatheLifeMusic)

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest forumer147

kekeke! i saw a trailer ... it's sound very funny! I wait to see KSE. KSE fighting!

It looks funny I just hope they just stick to it ..I dont mind that Kim So Eun is not the main lead here coz I think its bit weird to see her do the lead like that of doctor's character as long as their is no Kissing thing stuff with Yo Ah in then its fine with me .......

But I really don't have any idea who is that Yo Ah In is ?? Haven't seen the antique bakery yet ...........So can't comment about him

But for Kim So Eun this is indeed nice movie for her from goong, to lovestory to drama comedy... I do hope I can see her act in her own drama she is a great actress!!

Guest shuky

mjnx2f.jpg

2w6tjww.jpg

Source: http://zine.media.daum.net/ladykh/view.htm...18&p=ladykh

(Article's google translated. All mistakes are mine)

WARNING: SPOILER AHEAD!!!

Found this in Daum in which Ji Jin-hee talks largely about his recent gourmet-cum-wine tour to Italy and the subsequent launch of his new book, "Italy - a Walk in the Clouds".

Towards the end of the lengthy interview, JJH plugs his upcoming romantic comedy, "He who can't marry", a faithful remake of the multi-award winning and a runaway hit Japanese drama, "Kekkon Dekinai Otoko". In a complete departure from his previous staid roles, JJH reprises the role of a brusque, commitment-phobic singleton, Jo Jae-hee - a successful 40-year-old architect who does not see the need to settle down as he enjoys being alone.

In the interview, JJH explains this is not the first time acting in a comedy - the first was "Miss Kim makes One Million" back in 2004. In fact, JJH relishes the challenge and the change of portraying a comic role. However, given the immense success of the Japanese predecessor, JJH invariably feels the burden of following in the footsteps of the Japanese original.

KBS' "He who can't marry" premieres on June 15.

Guest sayroo

MisterX's preview for this drama available on soompi.com!

With character description translated and Original character comparisons!

Will add those in front page soon~

Guest shuky

More spoofs from the official website, dated 4 June:

15xqoo2.jpg

Isn't this photoshopped from Son Ye Jin's The Art of Seduction????

2vtzfo2.jpg

Guest shuky

One more for the road.....

4jt1yv.jpg

credit:http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=588342851

BTS from Daum, dated 5 June:

wv9utl.jpg

x3el5c.jpg

sv2tme.jpg

afhsfl.jpg

n4yvpj.jpg

rkzdxv.jpg

f02s8g.jpg

2m68t3p.jpg

credit:cafe.daum.net/C-SY

Guest forumer147

It seems a good drama , funny story and I hope it can come up with expectations of viewers .........Ji Jin hee looks great their as well as So Eun ..So that guy in black must be Yo Ah In ah ok .....

But overall the movie seems fun to watch at especially the preview they are great in terms of acting but I just hope I can't see kissing scene from Kim So Eun and that guy here ........I think they will just divert from actual story if that happens.....

I have seen the japanese version and its cool hope this one too is great

Guest shuky

Doctored goodies from baidu and the official website, dated 9 June:

2z3wbxj.jpg

2mqvn6v.jpg

29c5g7k.jpg

2m67rcy.jpg

2d85509.jpg

v6px11.jpg

qyepvs.jpg

More BTS of JH's sister's family:

credit: cafe.daum.net/C-SY

dpfqxe.jpg

3004ivk.jpg

2mfaf82.jpg

28gz4v9.jpg

mcdc9t.jpg

C-subbed BTS video clip:

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=590548641

edited:

Read more about Mister X's predictions on ratings here:

"The most interesting little trend in the industry as of late is the ever shrinking "pie" of the Wednesday and Thursday night wars. That is, combined ratings for the three broadcasters' prime time dramas (of course leaving KBS1 out, as it has become a virtual non-issue in the drama world) hover around the 35-38%, pretty much the lowest figure ever. Just pointing fingers at the dramas' quality itself would be silly for more than one reason (it's not like the masses are attracted to superior works to begin with), but it's certainly a worrying trend for industry insiders and fans alike. On the other side of the pond, with the Monday-Tuesday rating wars essentially monopolized by MBC since 2006 and the disappointing performance of 자명고 (Princess Jamyung) continuing the trend, there is a good chance we might see the upcoming 결혼못하는 남자 (He Who Can't Marry) become the dark horse of the early summer season, as it is probably the best piece of programming strategy KBS has cooked up in quite some time -- some viewers will refuse to watch the two competing sageuk a priori (there's even people who think Citizen Kane is boring, so what can you do? Torture them with expired broccoli until they see the light?!), so they might opt for a breezy romcom instead. It's a pretty safe bet that at least 15% ratings could be on the horizon. But as far as Wednesdays and Thursdays go, it's anybody's ball game."

(Excerpt taken from Mister X's preview of upcoming drama, Partner)

Guest shuky

i kinda want to watch this just cuz of kim so eunn

but idk yet!!!

when does it air?!

The KBS drama goes on air next week, 15 June. According to Baidu, the media conference is scheduled for today at 2 pm (Korean time).

Guest shuky

A face-off between real-life siblings in the ratings game

20qgjgx.jpg

Source:

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...mp;newssetid=83

(Article's google translated. All mistakes are mine)

Come next week, actress Uhm Jung Hwa, starring in KBS' upcoming drama, "He who can't marry", will slug it out in the ratings game with real-life brother, Uhm Tae Woong, one of the main leads in MBC's historical period drama, "Queen Seon Deok". Although looking visibly relax, Uhm Jung Hwa feels the pressure of delivering ratings expectations, especially since the popular "Queen Seon Deok" has a strong head start over her return vehicle and a Japanese remake, "He who can't marry". Still, it could be a win-win situation for both TV stations as the two dramas are of different genres, each with their niche appeal.

Archived