Bae Soo Bin 배수빈

cynkdf

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MariYEH

I am so addicted with him right now.

I think the last time that i liked an actor this much was with Wonbin in Autumn Tale.

He just has that special something that makes you go wow!

Guest rossie

Hello SixMyths08....Thanks for creating this thread for Bae Soo Bin!

Just love his smiles and when he ogles his eyes.... :)

Guest Logicalsong

His video interview link.

http://v.daum.net/link/3359227/http://www....oi.co.kr/155096

The translation of the video:

Hello, viewers of "the unique entertainment news".

I am Bae Soo-Bin portraying Park Jun-Se in Brilliant legacy.

Nice to meet you.

(preview of the interview)

In man's perspective, he(Jun-se) is too attractive.

I didn't think I am unknown..I thought people know me.

Is camera on? ah..it is. Wait a second. (haha) You should tell me that (laugh)

Now let's begin the happy date with Bae Soo Bin who has brilliant appearance and cheerful personality.

Q: The rating is already over 30%.

A: Yes, it already is. I can't really feel about it yet though.

But when I talk to others, they all watch the drama.

Q: You mainly performed in the historical dramas, and what do you fell about performing in the modern-day one?

A: Being in the contemporary drama, I get to be more down-to-earth, brighter, and..well..I might say..I feel more comfortable? Kind of reducing weightness (in personality)?

I used to wear beard and moustache, whigs for the dramas. So after the end of the dramas, people couldn't recognize me easily. But this drama..I am afraid people recognize me easily. But it's okay..:-)

Q: What's the attractiveness of Park Jun Se?

A: His attractiveness lies in...that he got everything, but he doesn't show them off. He's considerate but he's being unconsciously considerate. I think that's the best thing in him. In man's perspective, too, while reading scripts, there are some scenes that he is too atttractive.

Q: I remember Junse has many goose-bumpy dialogues. (it means too sweet)

A: Yes..there are many. Let me say one example.

(to Eunsung) Let me see your face. Your face is already small like a fist, now it gets like a bean? If you think too much, you might lose your face.

I guess women would like to hear this kind of dialogue, but...when i read them..wow..(laugh) ticklish.. (My explanation: In Korea, people like to have small face. Do you know this?)

Narration: 7 years have passed since his dubut. He's been recognized as talented actor due to his continuous efforts and delicate performance. But to our surprise, he debuted first in China, not in Korea. He has a story with the noted director wang Kar wai, so let's hear about the story.

A: He(Wang Kar wai) came to visit to korea to promote his movie, and he saw me..and I went to China thanks to him.

A: It was "the Proof of Memories.", composed of 30 episodes. I heard there's a Korean role, so I tried out for that role. But the director saw me, and told me to do the main role. I said I couldn't. I couldn't even speak Chinese..but she said. "Yes you can. You should." She trusted me that much. Then how could I refuse? So..I memorized the whole volume of scripts in Chinese as soon as I got casted.

Q: Do you speak Chinese now?

A: Ah...communication is not a problem.

Q: Can you say a word in Chinese?

A: Hello I am Bae Soo-Bin. Glad to meet you all.

Well..this is it.

Narration: He worked in China by himself since 2002, and by which he can learn to survive under whatever hard situlations. Long years as being unknown are the source of motivations to make him as what he is now.

A: I didn't think I am unknown..I thought people knew me.

ok, I have been unknown. (laugh)

A: Actually I did a main role before. But it was a disaster in rating wise.

It's called "When a man falls in love" quite long ago..like 5 years ago?

At that time..I was kind of overwhelmed by the role? I was not ready for doing it, but was given such a big role. I guess (that failure) actually makes a basis for me to live as an actor to step on.

Q: You are about time to get married. Don't you want to get married?

A: Well..yes..I should.

Q: Do you have someone to get married with?

A: Oh..are you trapping me in? (laugh)

caption: Oops. He's not trapped in.

A: Yes. when the time is right, I guess I will. I know it sounds typical, but I cannot live alone for the rest of my life.

Q: You are like a daddy-long-legs. What about you in real life?

A: I don't know. Haha. He is actually a person who can satisfy women's fantasies. Very considerate...if the girl is his girlfirend, he reads her mind beforehand. And he gives her what she needs. Very atttractive dude, isn't he?

Q: What about you?

A: I need to be like him.

Q: He's very much supportive to women and others around him. What about you?

A: I am not that supportive. When I am into my work, I can't really think much of people around me. Too many excuses, huh? (laugh)

Q: There are two attractive girls in the drama. Han Hyo Joo and Moon Chae Won, who's going to be your ideal type of girl?

A: Well...they have different attractiveness. Well..how to say...(haha) I like them both, can't choose one.

Narration: Idol for guys, fantasy for women. Nothing can be really lacked in him.

His brilliant flight (it's the composition of his two works "Brilliant Legacy) + a movie "Flight") takes off from now on for Bae Soo Bin whose performance and star image shines together.

Q: I heard your brother is a owner of a restaurant himself.

A: Yes, actually he's like park Jun Se in real life.

I take some parts from him when building my character.

Maybe Park Jun Se is like an homage to my brother.

Q: Is he good looking like you?

A: He's a bit worse than me. (laugh) No..kidding. He's good looking.

But he has differnt image. He looks masculin, and I am kind of strong..like this.

Q: Don't you want to run a restaurant by yourself?

A: Me? I need to act well. (laugh)

Closing comment:

Yes, "the Unique Entertainment News" viewers.

Thank you for watching this drama.

I will try to run my restaurant well, and try to get loved more from you.

Please keep supproting. Thank you.

Guest Logicalsong

Soo-Bin's new pics in the movie "Bisang" (=Fly Up) which will release in coming fall.

img_01.jpg

img_02.jpg

img_03.jpg

Credit: http://djuna.cine21.com/movies/

He portrays here as retired, legendary host "Hosoo" who is a helping hand to young "Sibum" (Kim Bum) whenevr he stuck in trouble.

I like this pics a lot as they shows different side of BSB, not like gentle and perfect Jun-Se.

I really like BSB too! [: Liked him when he came out of the drama, Brilliant Legacy.

The thing I constantly kept looking at was indeed his eyes! They look weird but it's attractive in another way as well!

Would love to see more than him! Really like his character in BL [:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest xmonicker

i love bae soobin! omg, i think he's really hot and i love his acting. i can't wait to see his upcoming movie, too and seeing from those caps five posts above, i think i'm going to like the charismatic and sharp image he'll be showing us.

Guest buddhjie14

I'm watching Jumong right now and Bae Soo Bin's character is one of my favorites. He portrays the character really well...

I also saw his acting in the first episodes of Brilliant Legacy (I decided to stop BL because it's too boring for me, or let's just say I didn't buy it) and he was really great there too...

both characters are a lot different from each other but Bae Soo Bin manage to portray the characters well.

hmmm... i would've thought that with brilliant legacy (as known on soompi - i think shining inheritance makes more sense as a title, anyhoo) this thread would take off. in korea he's getting quite popular due to this drama. haha i guess what's popular in korea and what's popular in soompi sometimes don't synch.

i watched the yashimmanman where he appeared as a guest (i think it aired a month ago), and he said that he has a girlfriend, whom he's been with for a long time. regarding his eyes, because they look deep - he didn't have them naturally according to him. in fact, he wanted eyes like Tony Leung (a fav hong kong actor for me)... so he 'trained.' meaning he would go hiking in the woods and view nature, and even go to cemeteries. an tada - that's how he got those eyes. lol he was so nervous on that episode since it was first time in 7 years that he appeared on a variety show.

edit: here's an MU for

Yashimmanman Season 2.E46

Guests: Bae Subin, Lee Siyeong, Kim Taewon, Nichkhun

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5QE4NB5G

I'm watching Jumong right now and Bae Soo Bin's character is one of my favorites. He portrays the character really well...

I also saw his acting in the first episodes of Brilliant Legacy (I decided to stop BL because it's too boring for me, or let's just say I didn't buy it) and he was really great there too...

both characters are a lot different from each other but Bae Soo Bin manage to portray the characters well.

^ yeah, i'm not watching BL -- maybe i'll give it a shot after the hype goes down.

^ would anyone be able to share a clip of this? :D ty. :)

Guest cutiepie

Thanx, cutiepie.

you're welcome :)

i watched the yashimmanman where he appeared as a guest (i think it aired a month ago), and he said that he has a girlfriend, whom he's been with for a long time. regarding his eyes, because they look deep - he didn't have them naturally according to him. in fact, he wanted eyes like Tony Leung (a fav hong kong actor for me)... so he 'trained.' meaning he would go hiking in the woods and view nature, and even go to cemeteries. an tada - that's how he got those eyes. lol he was so nervous on that episode since it was first time in 7 years that he appeared on a variety show.

edit: here's an MU for

Yashimmanman Season 2.E46

Guests: Bae Subin, Lee Siyeong, Kim Taewon, Nichkhun

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5QE4NB5G

^ would anyone be able to share a clip of this? :D ty. :)

thanks for the link and info, atel :)

here's a link to the show, it's a flv file though

20090721-good-morning-show-bae-soo-bin-special-flv.jpg

20090721 Good Morning Show - BSB Special

http://www.sendspace.com/file/eram6u

Guest dollie.

BSB is SEX! i actually started watching Brilliant Legacy (which i got desperately hooked onto) because of him whom i noticed in Painter of the Wind coz DAMN he was one fine looking king. Even the abnormally shaped beard he sported as king Jung Jo couldnt conceal his sexiness. Really really hoping for and looking forward to future projects that he will be participating in

Archived