Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Kimura Takuya 木村拓哉 & Takeuchi Yuko
Title: Pride プライド

Telecast: 2004-01-12 to 2004-03-22

TV Station: Fuji TV

Viewership: 25.1%

pride.jpg

Takuya is the captain and star player of an ice hockey team, who is greatly respected by his teammates. For him, hockey is serious business that fully occupies his mind, while he treats romance as if it were a game.

Yuko is a typical businesswoman, and is waiting for her boyfriend to return from studying architecture abroad. At this point in time however, he shows no sign of coming back. One day, Yuko's friends who are determined to find her a new boyfriend, invite her to watch an ice hockey game. There she sees Kimura for the first time.

After the game, Yuko and her friends join the players for a party celebrating their victory. Yuko, however, is not so excited to be there. When she leaves the party, she bumps into Kimura, who was slightly injured from a fight. They exchange e-mail addresses and part.

The sparks of mutual attraction are ignited in a second encounter between Yuko and Kimura, arranged with the help of her friends shortly after a party.

Sato has come as a replacement for the team's coach who has been hospitalized. Kimura has a lot of respect for the hospitalized coach. Unfortunately though, he can't stand Sato's way of doing things. Bringing with him a lot of coaching experience from overseas, Sato criticizes the former coach's strategies. Whenever Kimura and Sato see each other, they get into a quarrel—consequently influencing Kimura's behavior during games.

Seeing that his game ended in a brawl, Yuko visits Kimura to comfort him. But he tells her that she is being too friendly with him.

Yuko is hurt, Kimura is irritated, and his teammate Sakaguchi can't stand seeing Kimura like this...

Soundtrack and Theme Songs

1. Born to Love You ボーン・トゥ・ラヴ・ユー [Queen クイーン] I have the song,I can send it 2 u guyz if u want :rolleyes:

2. Too Much Love Will Kill You [Queen クイーン] Also this song too :phew:

I was born to love you

With every single beat of my heart

Yes, I was born to take care of you

Every single day...

I was born to love you

With every single beat of my heart

Yes, I was born to take care of you

Every single day of my life

You are the one for me

I am the man for you

You were made for me

You're my ecstasy

If I was given every opportunity

I'd kill for your love

So take a chance with me

Let me romance with you

I'm caught in a dream

And my dream's come true

It's so hard to believe

This is happening to me

An amazing feeling

Comin' through

I wanna love you

I love every little thing about you

I wanna love you, love you, love you

Born - to love you

Born - to love you

Yes I was born to love you

Born - to love you

Born - to love you

Every single day - of my life

An amazing feeling

Coming through

Every single day of my life

Go, I love you babe

I wanna love you, love you, love you

I wanna love you

I get so lonely, lonely, lonely

Yeah, I want to love you

Yeah, give it to me

Actor/Actress Cast (11)

Kimura Takuya

木村拓哉

里中ハル

Takeuchi Yuko

竹内結子

村瀬亜樹

Sakaguchi Kenji

坂口憲二

堀田大和

Nakagoshi Noriko

中越典子

相澤百合

Sato Ryuta

佐藤隆太

島村真琴

Megumi

石川知佳

Takizawa Saori

滝沢沙織

園田冴子

Ishida Yuriko

石田ゆり子

安西容子

Tokito Saburo

時任三郎

安西健吾

Ichikawa Somegoro

市川染五郎

池上友則

Sato Koichi

佐藤浩市

兵頭雄一郎

pridetk.jpg

puraido.jpg

SOURCE : プライド

プライド

プライド

プライド

プライド

プライド

プライド

プライド

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MissMonika

PRIDE!! YES!! My absolute FAVORITE Kimura Takuya drama. Sooo awesome. Ok, I admit, the hockey scenes really sucked but the overall story was great. I love the chemistry between Halu and Aki

"Maybe. Must be" Hehehe :D

Guest novemberbaby

It's my favorite Kimura Takuya drama. THe hockey scenes are filmed beautifully and you can really feel how proud Halu is of his sport. I like it when he reaches for his left shoulder during each game.

Guest apple red

Very Romantic drama. It was the most romantic dorama i've seen. Most dorama wasnt as romantic. But this one is different...

Very excellent drama, great cast, good plot, nice theme of ice hockey although its only comes at the end of each episode normally.

the music is one of the best, u can hear it being played in many other productions throughout Asia too...that explains it

Guest MissMonika

Very excellent drama, great cast, good plot, nice theme of ice hockey although its only comes at the end of each episode normally.

the music is one of the best, u can hear it being played in many other productions throughout Asia too...that explains it

I love how Queen is the theme song and other Queen songs are put in perfectly in almost every episode. Soo awesome. :D

some info of all the Queen songs i got from somewhere, if you are interested, read on

Here are the songs featured in "Pride". Beside the titles are numbers representing the episode in which the song is being played. Episodes that are not listed means that no new songs were being played. Songs with * are my recommendations...

Note: All songs are sung by Queen.

I Was Born to Love You (Theme Song) *

We Will Rock You (1) **

Fat Bottomed Girls (1) *

Long Away (1)

Headlong (1)

Dear Friends (1) *

Crazy Little Thing Called Love (2)

Too Much Love Will Kill You (2)

You're My Best Friend (2)

Friends Will Be Friends (3)

Somebody To Love (4) *

Another One Bites the Dust (4)

Let Me Live (5)

Who Wants To Live Forever (5)

Party (6)

Dancer (6)

Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy (6) *

Misfire (7) *

Man On The Prowl (7)

These Are The Days Of Our Lives (Last Ep)

Bohemian Rhapsody (Last Ep) **

We Are The Champions (Last Ep)

3Peace...

Orenji

Guest strawberrynkiwi

It was highly enjoyable. I don't like Yuko though. Takuya was alright, but I did like the whole hockey team spirit. The ending was a disappointment. I gotta agree with everyone, OST is the best. I dunno, everyone said it was a REALLY REALLY good drama, so I had high expectation. So I was a little disappointed.

Guest happybi

Absolutely LOVED this drama.. Best Takuya drama IMO.. :lol: And also one of my all time favorite Japanese drama ever!!!.. ekekekkek.. Excellent cast, plot, and OST.. Love Takuya with Yuko.. and everyone else rocks!!!

Guest Aoijen

Yeah I have this AVI from Fansub I dun have time to watch it I hope If I have full time I will watch it from my Lovely Laptop TOSHIBA (it's my life) I can't life without this my laptop and desktop computer to...

:sweatingbullets:

Guest sweet_treats1812

PRIDE!!! omg, i LOVE this drama~ second only to orange days i belive but it's a very close race!!! :lol::lol::lol: i need to thank my friend over and over for introducing me to pride..takuya and yuko's chemistry in this drama is amazing! the story is wonderful too~ i can never get tired of watching it..

thanks for making this thread!

anem!!! hope u find this thread and post smthing! :lol::lol::lol:

I went to great lengths to find this drama and was not disappointed one bit. Many people like Kimura with Matsu (from "Hero" and "Love Generation") but I like him with Yuko more. Kimura always plays his the roles of his characters as if he was really them. Plus, he pulls off great chemistry with his love interest in his dramas.

Guest PandaKiss

I seriously LOVE this drama.

I did't watch the first few episodes.

But I fell in love with Takuya after this!

Though, he's a bit old.

So hot!

x]

Archived