[Current Music Show] Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook 유희열의 스케치북

Guest adikkeluangman

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest adikkeluangman

Lee Sora would like to perform a duet with JYJ’s Junsu

Lee Sora chose JYJ’s Junsu as the male singer she would like to perform a duet with the most.

On January 28th, the female singer appeared as a guest on music show ‘Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook‘, where she revealed, “In the future, I hope to perform a duet with Junsu.”

So far, Lee Sora has had an extensive past performing duets with top celebrities, including Park Hyo Shin, Lee Moon Sae, Kim Min Jong, and others. On this day, Lee Sora also showed off her powerful vocals by singing the song, ‘The Blues Inside of You‘, with MC Yoo Hee Yeol.

Yoo Hee Yeol felt very honored to perform a duet with Lee Sora, as he happily commented, “My dreams have come true. Today the singing was very well done.”

Meanwhile, Lee Sora further revealed through the show that her dream is to become a person who is good at singing.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/01/lee-sora-would-like-to-perform-a-duet-with-jyjs-junsu

Guest adikkeluangman

MBLAQ’s G.O, SISTAR’s Hyorin, and INFINITE’s Sungkyu perform on “Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook”

Idol stars G.O of MBLAQ, Hyorin of SISTAR, and INFINITE’s Sungkyu, recently stood on the stage of KBS’s ‘Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook’, where they sang solo covers of various veteran artist tracks.

With Yoo Hee Yeol himself directly being their piano accompanist, G.O performed Kim Gun Mo’s “Lingering Affection”, while Hyorin sang Park Hye Kyung’s “Confession“, and Sung Kyu covered “One Late Night in 1994″ by Jang Hye Jin.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/01/mblaqs-g-o-sistars-hyorin-and-infinites-sungkyu-perform-on-yoo-hee-yeols-sketchbook

Guest adikkeluangman

Simon D and Yoo Hee Yeol compare foreheads

Supreme Team’s Simon D and musician/host Yoo Hee Yeol created a comedic situation by comparing foreheads.

On February 11th, Supreme Team performed a powerful rap on KBS2’s ‘Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook“. During the program, Simon D revealed, “I found out that my forehead is 8cm long. Throughout my 28 years of life, this is my biggest complex. I make them cover it up. Today, the blow-drying results are amazing.”

The audience requested, “Show us your forehead,” to which Simon D responded, “If you search ‘Simon D’s forehead’ on the internet, you will find hundreds of pictures.”

Yoo Hee Yeol added, “That’s lucky. For me, if you search under ‘forehead vein’, then pictures of me come up. Somebody took a picture of just the vein part and posted it on the internet”, causing the audience to burst into laughter.

Simon D commented, “Hyung-nim (older brother), your face looks like somebody is pulling on it from behind. Your vein is really huge.” Yoo Hee Yeol replied, “This vessel is also very sexy,” leading the studio to break into laughter once again.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/02/simon-d-and-yoo-hee-yeol-compare-foreheads

Guest adikkeluangman

G.NA reveals her happiest moment was at the military

“I’m the happiest when I perform at the military.”

Singer G.NA showed off her explosive singing ability, flamboyant dancing, and witty talking in the episode of KBS ‘Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook’, which aired on the 19th.

On this day, G.NA reminisced about the most strengthening moment in her singing career, saying, “I received a lot of strength at the performance for the military. Their reactions were more passionate than any other stage, and they echoed every line of the lyrics with me.”

G.NA added, “Last year, when I sang ‘I’ll Back Off So You Can Live Better’, their responses were really explosive. It was a happy moment that I still can’t forget.”

On the other hand, on this day’s episode, singers DJ DOC, Park Jung Hyun, and Hello Sea aside from G.NA gathered to show great performances.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/02/g-na-reveals-her-happiest-moment-was-at-the-military

G.NA visits “Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook” and meets her role model Park Jung Hyun

G.NA was a guest performer on the recent recording of KBS 2TV’s “Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook.”

During her interview, G.NA revealed that singer Park Jung Hyun had been her long time role model. She discussed, “When I first came to Korea, everyone told me that ‘I should be able to speak Korean.’ So I grew up listening to Park Jung Hyun’s songs to practice.”

Surprisingly, G.NA was able to meet her role model during one of the show’s corners. When they met, G.NA cried. She explained, “Tears just fell from my eyes. I’m so glad I was able to meet Park Jung Hyun.”

Meanwhile, G.NA performed Tamia’s “Officially Missing You“, as well as her own track, “Black & White.” She was also able to showcase her fluent English during the interview with Yoo Hee Yeol.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/02/g-na-visits-yoo-hee-yeols-sketchbook-and-meets-her-role-model-park-jung-hyun

Guest adikkeluangman

IU sings a song for Yoo Hee Yeol on ‘Sketchbook’

Singer IU was a guest on the March 11th broadcast of “Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook“, during which she sang three songs: “Dreaming” (from “Dream High“), “I’d Do It All Again” (originally by Corinne Bailey Rae), and “The Story Only I Didn’t Know” (IU’s current title track).

In the past, host Yoo Hee Yeol would always display nervousness and amazement towards IU. Knowing this, IU changed the lyrics of “Dreaming” to describe Yoo Hee Yeol, which made him all the more nervous!

She sang, “Sharp eyes like a hawk, forehead like the Pacific Ocean, small and cute shoulders~ Established appearance from behind, a white face, with a warm way of speaking~ Did you miss me? Don’t just laugh~ I know how you feel, uncle~ Even when you’re coy, I know. You can fool a ghost but you can’t fool me~ Step by step, nervous footsteps, with excitement~ I prepared this much today~ I missed you, uncle~”

The audience applauded IU for her clever lyrics, and they burst into laughter once more after Yoo Hee Yeol asked, “Why do you call me ‘uncle’ and ‘mister’ when you call Yoon Sang ‘oppa’?” Yoon Sang is the composer of “The Story Only I Didn’t Know” and is 43 years old – three years older than 40-year-old Yoo Hee Yeol.

IU replied, “I only found out recently that Uncle Yoo Hee Yeol is younger than Yoon Sang oppa. With his image, I can’t measure Yoon Sang oppa’s age.”

Yoo Hee Yeol revealed, “When I was in elementary school, I dreamed of becoming a musician through watching Yoon Sang-sunbae (senior).”

Meanwhile, 10cm and M4 also guested alongside IU for this episode.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/03/iu-sings-a-song-for-yoo-hee-yeol-on-sketchbook

Younha denies she got plastic surgery on ‘Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook’

On the March 11th episode of KBS 2TV’s ‘Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook‘, singer Younha played a game of subtle Q&A with host Yoo Hee Yeol.

After MC Yoo Hee Yeol glanced at Younha, he commented, “Today you look so much prettier. Did you change anything?“. But Younha was quick to pick up that the MC was referring to plastic surgery, so she replied, “Nothing was changed“.

In the past, many netizens speculated that Younha had some sort of surgery done, however she previously admitted, “I’m too scared to get something like that done.”

Later on, Younha also stated that she’s been very busy with a new movie titled “Life is Beautiful“, which is scheduled for release this coming April.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/03/younha-denies-she-got-plastic-surgery-on-yoo-hee-yeols-sketchbook

10cm performs on “Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook”

On March 11th, indie duo 10cm guested on KBS’s “Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook” for the second time, and performed three tracks from their debut album.

The duo weren’t able to perform one of their hit tracks, “Americano“, during their last guest appearance because the song failed to pass broadcast regulations.

Yoo Hee Yeol mentioned, “At the time, we asked you guys to just take that part out of the lyrics and sing it for us on the show, but you said you couldn’t because of your pride in the song. We found out that you did re-submit it for evaluation shortly after – what brought you to make such a decision?”

They truthfully answered, “We thought about it and realized that since it’s a song about coffee, we might be able to get CF deals for it. We could use it commercially. We’re hungry musicians after all (laughter).”

The two continued, “The fact that our singles became such big hits before the release of our first official album put a lot of pressure on us. We wanted to go down a different route, one that combined both music that’s easy to listen to, but with a certain beauty.”

The MC then complimented, “Your title track for your first album, ‘That’s Not It,’ describes a very hilarious situation in the lyrics. Instead of crying because the man broke up with his girlfriend, he reveals that he was crying because his boiler was broken.”

10cm shyly explained, “We didn’t know how to write lyrics that would seem cool (laughter).”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/03/10cm-performs-on-yoo-hee-yeols-sketchbook

Guest adikkeluangman

Insooni delivers a sassy cover of SHINee’s “Ring Ding Dong”

Just because Insooni is a veteran singer doesn’t mean that she can’t enjoy new K-pop!

On the March 25th episode of KBS’s “Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook,’ Insooni performed SHINee’s ‘Ring Ding Dong,’ surprising not only the audience, but the host as well.

Insooni said, “It was hard to do something that takes five people to do, but I always want to challenge myself when I see the audience cheering me on.”

Everyone was amazed that someone in her fifties could pull off all the singing and dancing required for an idol song. Not only that, but she even managed to introduce her own swag to the cover!

Insooni laughed, “I’m most comfortable with ‘Open Music Concert’ because I’ve been performing for it since I was young, but when I got a request to appear on ‘Sketchbook’, I was very happy. It’s because I can sing while connecting and making eye contact with the audience.”

Meanwhile, Insooni is currently promoting her dance song, ‘Uppercut.’

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/03/insooni-delivers-a-sassy-cover-of-shinees-ring-ding-dong

Archived